PDA

View Full Version : MC5 drop elsewhere?

William Antrim
23-10-12, 18:55
What about making MC5 rare parts drop with an extremely rare chance in the main rare pool? Like only off 120 mobs and only ever 1 in 100 or higher chance. Possibly have their own letter designation too so that you know its a REALLY sought after part? It might stop or slow down the exploiting issues and also stop people from whinging that they cant get to mc5?

CMaster
23-10-12, 18:58
I still think the best long-term alternative is to turn MC5 from a sit-and-farm-one-mob into a more complete challenge.

DR REED
23-10-12, 19:36
What about making MC5 rare parts drop with an extremely rare chance in the main rare pool? Like only off 120 mobs and only ever 1 in 100 or higher chance. Possibly have their own letter designation too so that you know its a REALLY sought after part? It might stop or slow down the exploiting issues and also stop people from whinging that they cant get to mc5?

It's common expierience that one need a 60-80 pieces pool just to complete only ONE MC5 chip (in every MC5 chip set is one very rare component). This is true even if we take into account that players are trading parts.

How long do you want to hunt and collect and finally complete MC5 Chips?

6 Months ? 1 Year ?

Neocron is a nice, beloved game. But it lacks in content and therefore the endgame is pvp-oriented. Who wants to prolong the achievement of endgame equipment over years ??

@Cmaster: "complete challenge" i would call here a complete longtime frustration.....

Why not adding some real nice content ? Or making levelling more diversified ? This would be a nice add for me....

Greetings,
Reed

William Antrim
24-10-12, 08:44
I meant to add the above details along with an improved mc5 farming area. To have both I mean. Capped chars can farm and others can also have the chance to gain the odd part.

Doc Holliday
24-10-12, 08:49
Brainwave. Make them drop in the DOY mobs up in the dome. Random drop as stated. I realise they might need a name change or what ever but it would encourage people to take advantage of the dome when lets face it if your not there to do the AK/Swat Run your not really gonna be up there. This provides yet another high end levelling spot AND makes use of the Dome. =)

CMaster
24-10-12, 11:34
Better than DoY bots - both storyline wise and variety wise - Y Replicants.
Collect 10 Ceres cyborg chips, hand them in to some researcher NPC, get one random MC5 part.
Less chance driven than just adding it as a really rare drop.
Be nicer if a player could convert the chips to techs, but don't think the game supports a literally random result from CST/REC/RES

Satan2k2
24-10-12, 11:55
What about removing the chips completely from the game? :D

Or you add more 120/120 MC5 guards into the MC5 area and each have the chance to drop the MC5 parts besides normal parts, not only the commander, but the commander has still a higher chance of dropping them.

With this, the MC5 farming will be harder on long terms due to more 120/120 attacking you (so you need more teams), but you'll have a higher chance of getting MC5 parts.

And with this it's not easier to get them. The difficulty is increased along with the looted parts.

William Antrim
24-10-12, 13:25
I like all of these ideas actually.

Linear
24-10-12, 16:44
Better than DoY bots - both storyline wise and variety wise - Y Replicants.
Collect 10 Ceres cyborg chips, hand them in to some researcher NPC, get one random MC5 part.
Less chance driven than just adding it as a really rare drop.
Be nicer if a player could convert the chips to techs, but don't think the game supports a literally random result from CST/REC/RES

This sounds good and not that hard to implement, I suppose.

William Antrim
24-10-12, 17:40
I would prefer it if people were able to farm the Y reps for a dropped part rather than getting an npc. If you could let people farm them for a purpose that would be excellent IMO. Y Replicants drop occasional part - or maybe just Y sergeants and Y commanders. Base Commander drops a guaranteed part. Both are in wide open zones which cannot be farmed like old times.