PDA

View Full Version : Game is unplayable due to unfair play. Why keep playing?

TGUU
22-10-12, 02:52
I find that this game has been ruined by the very things that should have been fixed a long time ago. Here, I will list the problems that I think lead to unfair game play, and some are just downright cheating. I will offer up some solutions, but I am most of these problems will continue to exist.

1. Players killing queen logging just outside room, or rushing to queen.
2. Reagents was suppose to be a boss encounter, not a huge XP grinder.
3. LE runners killing LE vehicles.
4. Monks/PEs going from OP to UP. From hybrid/PE-o-cron. Add in melee too, just completely unplayable with mob targeting.
5. Syncronizing/clipping/player positioning - needed to be fixed.
6. Hard to legitimately level DEX on monk, PSI on spy/PE, int on tank.
7. The scaling of weapon damage. Rares are basically game breaking in power.

Solutions?

1A. Spawn people outside a cave/entrance after they log out. Also, make queens/bosses not spawn for 10 or so minutes.

2A. 125/125 mobs, actually BOSS mobs with AOE and real terror to avoid making them leveling areas.

3A. LE runners should never be able to even target other LE vehicles.

4A. Remove the aiming from monks, give PE's more str/better defense, and fix the scaling damage issue (ties into 7A)

5A. These are old issues in coding that should have been priorities in 2005, 2006. Lots of bugs that must any semi-modern game has dealt with.

6A. Build in ways to give experience to subskills that doesn't involve just teaming a monk/running sanctum, or repairing a vehicle.

7A. Damage scaling was rather good before 2.2. Rares were slightly better, and PEs did slightly less damage then most spies. It made sense. Watching people hit firemobs for 500+, yet people with TL 70 weapons hit for 150-200 is poor scaling that makes late game broken.

In conclusion:

I think this game has potential, but with NC 2.2 things only got worse. I have no clue why 2.0, or 2.1 isn't reinstated and the more serious issues addressed. Even with this game being free, with the number of people cheating the PvE instances (boss mob xp), I really feel like balance of both content and of character weaponry is not a priority.

This game is unacceptable at this point, even being free. You got record numbers, but also recording exploiting. This is turning into terra 2.0, and I am leaving the ship before it gets any worse.

Fix this game.

Please.

Mokoi
22-10-12, 04:16
closed to avoid the unavoidable.

if you want any of these issues discussed, it would be advisable to create threads that focus on a single issue.
When doing so, please stick to constructive suggestions and keep hurt feelings out of the equation. We cannot turn back the wheels of time and do anything about issues that "should have been priorities in 2005, 2006". This is 2012, we have a status quo to look at and this brainport is intended for discussing individual measures that can be implemented to make Neocron the game you would want it to be. (All of that applies to everyone posting in brainport, not just you per se).