PDA

View Full Version : Oct 20 - server issue / compensation

Mokoi
20-10-12, 01:26
Hello everyone,

as many may already know, we had a lengthy downtime from starting OCT 18 around 11pm (CEST) up to now.
While about 50% of the downtime accounts to infrastructure changes in the datacenter that are beyond our control, the other half was indeed caused by problematic behavior of the Neocron Gameserver after the reboot. We are very sorry for this and would like to apologize for the extended downtime.

Furthermore, we have to inform you that we had to make the decision to restore not the most recent backup, but a backup from the morning of OCT 18.
This decision was not an easy one, but signs of database corruption in the latest backup could not be ignored. We know that loosing up to 15 hours of character progress (you guys need to sleep!) is not something to take lightly, but the prospect of getting tons of corrupt char data problems a few days down the road is a potential timebomb we dont want to bet your data on.

To somewhat compensate for the trouble, we have doubled XP gain on TITAN[EU] and will keep it that way for the entire weekend.

Again, we apologize for the issues and thank you for your patience and continued support.

Yours,
the Neocron Support Team

cl0wn
20-10-12, 01:28
<3 \0/

Forget My Name
20-10-12, 01:47
Thank you for the double exp gain...

Did it start already? I just logged on my tradeskiller, and am about to LOM if the double EXP started now.

-edit-

Thank you for the swift reply Mokoi :)

I know a roll back hurt many people (didn't bother me too much), but I personally think the next 2 days of double exp will more than make up for it.

Mokoi
20-10-12, 01:51
the bonus is effective immediately.

jvasquez33
20-10-12, 02:38
I keep getting kicked for "Bad World Data". How do I fix this?

IGN= ZeuZ

Strife
20-10-12, 02:59
So glad the backup wasnt an hour earlier. I had JUST gotten all my PPU spells made!

Mubasher Akram
20-10-12, 03:19
The server is down again, anyone have any information on this? thanks

nEo-1664
20-10-12, 03:21
The server is down again, anyone have any information on this? thanks

Automated Server Maintainance, to fix teh bad world sectors

Mubasher Akram
20-10-12, 03:27
How long does this take on average? thanks

nEo-1664
20-10-12, 03:28
How long does this take on average? thanks

I don't think there is any set time period, but the 'usual' line is it will be done when its done, which will be "Soon(TM)".

Don't sweat, it will be back shortly :)

\\Fényx//
22-10-12, 20:14
To somewhat compensate for the trouble, we have doubled XP gain on TITAN[EU] and will keep it that way for the entire weekend.

Probably a daft question, but is this still active ?

Mokoi
22-10-12, 21:11
the xp gain factor was set to normal prior to the regular maintenance window today.

RogerRamjet
25-10-12, 13:36
Unfortunately didn't have loads of time over the weekend, but I logged in briefly on a couple of occasions to see the server populations at 42%!! I thought whoever decided to run with a double XP weekend should receive a pat on the back quite frankly.

Would you consider doing it again? Or maybe even make it a week, and announcing it on a large scale? I know a lot of people hate lvling (not that it's hard) but I think it could be a great tool to entice players back.

=REMUS=
25-10-12, 19:31
the bonus is effective immediately.

Shit.

Can't believe I missed this.

Ivan Eres
25-10-12, 22:27
Unfortunately didn't have loads of time over the weekend, but I logged in briefly on a couple of occasions to see the server populations at 42%!! I thought whoever decided to run with a double XP weekend should receive a pat on the back quite frankly.

Would you consider doing it again? Or maybe even make it a week, and announcing it on a large scale? I know a lot of people hate lvling (not that it's hard) but I think it could be a great tool to entice players back.

I was thinking the same. A Double XP event could be done more often. I'd even go so far to say that it could be done every friday or saturday evening, or at least every second weekend for 1 or 2 days, something like that.

It's like the "Double Time" in the bar where you get two drinks for one :)

Draws a lot more people in ...

Dropout
26-10-12, 00:49
I dont think that it should be once a week (and I hate leveling more than most btw).
Once a month would definately be better in my opinion. And Im not even sure that, that would be a good idea. Because what would the volunteer team do, when something fucks up (not necessarily their fault of course, but still)? Free items are just too much for anything less than a weeks downtime IMO.

Doc Holliday
26-10-12, 08:01
do it every once in a while. not like clockwork. suprise people. its more appreciated than something that becomes the normal MO and therefor habitual. Then its taken for granted.

I dont think i ever levelled as much in my life as i did that weekend knowing it was double xp. Great way to say cheers for being patient (even without the retarded i told u so thread) and really was totally (for me at least) unexpected.

I wouldnt do it all the time even still or players will demand it more. Give em an inch. they take a yard.

Jodo
26-10-12, 08:23
do it every once in a while. not like clockwork. suprise people. its more appreciated than something that becomes the normal MO and therefor habitual. Then its taken for granted.

I dont think i ever levelled as much in my life as i did that weekend knowing it was double xp. Great way to say cheers for being patient (even without the retarded i told u so thread) and really was totally (for me at least) unexpected.

I wouldnt do it all the time even still or players will demand it more. Give em an inch. they take a yard.

Agreed. It should be a rare occurrence. After a while, everyone would be capped anyway so what would be the point? Events are what should keep players interested. Both random and planned. I used to love hearing about DoY bots flooding in through the P2 GR across Trade/Help. I couldn't get there quick enough.

stonehaven25
30-10-12, 02:38
Events are what should keep players interested. Both random and planned. I used to love hearing about DoY bots flooding in through the P2 GR across Trade/Help. I couldn't get there quick enough.

I used to like the smack downs they had at battle dome, i never entered any though just watched.