PDA

View Full Version : Background story.

Haxxor
20-10-12, 00:39
While the Manual provides a back story to the neocron world there's still lots of gaps to explain lots of things in game Like some of the game area's. While some of this can be found in game i was wondering if something were to be implemented to explain things better to new runners in particular?.

dWintermut3
20-10-12, 22:31
I love this idea. I would really like some lore expansion.

Forget My Name
21-10-12, 03:16
I love this idea. I would really like some lore expansion.

It is such a shame that the game's story and lore was always so poorly implemented into the game itself because the writer(s) did a lot of work on Neocron's deep and rich history.

I wish we could do something about it, but of course we can't affect anything in game.

-edit-

Best we could do within reason is get a transcript of the game's lore, missions, dialogues, storylines, etc... and composing them together onto this website and Techhaven.org.

dWintermut3
21-10-12, 08:05
well what we could do is have the lore wonks in the community write up proposed lore to fill in the existing gaps (say, stories for the rare weapons that are missing them) for the dev's potential consideration.

dWintermut3
21-10-12, 21:17
Sorry for the double-post but this reply is prompted by another post in the community forum about the website.

Submitting lore ideas and the like can be done without the need to strictly scrutinize everything for backdoors and exploits and errors.

You'd have to look out for grammerical errors and quality but it wouldn't require the same degree of peery suspicion.