PDA

View Full Version : Simple UI interface and accessibility changes to improve gameplay

MrWeedster
16-10-12, 19:38
Hi there.

There are some ideas that may be worth to think about:

<+MrWeedster> what about adding the item condition to the tooltip?
<+slith> mousewheel support for item quantitys in rpos
<+slith> !
<+dafan> press enter for quantity ok
<+MrWeedster> double click for transfering items to another container /// e.g. trade window, gogu, boxes, etc.
<+slith> visual hint for weapon category of researched parts /// e.g. coloring the parts and/or writing short names in the item symbol

Whats your idea?

slith
16-10-12, 22:21
This slith guy has some good ideas ^^
Sort function for Genrep list.

Dropout
16-10-12, 22:35

All good ideas - especially a sort function for GR's!
Really dont wonna sort GR's for the 13th time...

flib
17-10-12, 02:20
Guess you didn't like my clientside weaponswitching idea?

slith
17-10-12, 07:24
Could give some flaws from other players perspective (e.g. shooting while still switching) but would definitly feel better on client side.

flib
17-10-12, 09:21
It wouldn't even really need to actually switch client-side. The selection indicator just needs to be.

Satan2k2
17-10-12, 09:32

There's already a sort function for genrep list. You can use the "Move Up" and "Move Down" below the "activate" button to order your genreps.

Another idea: Show the name + the tier on armor, even when equipped.

Now you'll see the I or II or III in your inventory but you don't know what type of armor it is. So just add some unique identifers. (Inquisition could be: Inq II; Duranium: Dur III, Kevlar: Kev II, Blessed Shelter could be: Psi II, and so on :D)
I got 3 sets to choose from (at the moment), so it's sometimes confusing what armor is what. Even show that information when the armor is equipped, so that you know at one glance.

Edit:
What do you mean with this?
<+MrWeedster> what about adding the item condition to the tooltip?
Do you mean when you mouse over an item?

AHH:
Mouse over tooltips for items in trade window could be cool.

flib
17-10-12, 10:55
There's already a sort function for genrep list. You can use the "Move Up" and "Move Down" below the "activate" button to order your genreps.That's not what he's talking about! He means shit like "Sort by Name" and "Sort by Type" because the current shit is a pain in the fucking ass. As it is, you have to actually wait a whole fucking second after pressing "Move Up" or "Move Down" before you press the button again, or it will move the wrong item. Who wants to deal with that?

Satan2k2
17-10-12, 11:11
yesterday I used it and it worked like a charm: pressed the button like a machine gun and it moved the correct item.

Yeah, but when they implement sort by options, a sort by distance should be implemented, too.

MrWeedster
17-10-12, 18:18
Guess you didn't like my clientside weaponswitching idea?

tbh i didnt/dont understand what that means and how it is related to simple UI improvements.

Raver
25-10-12, 15:42
Objects stacks....
i think the objects must stay always stacked when drag/dropping, without asking about quantity, unless u "right click" and select to pull a quantity out of that stack...

Forget My Name
25-10-12, 17:10
The Enter key should always be able to activate OK for any window currently in use.

Vendor windows should have the option to expand down, making the window longer.

Whenever there is a Transfer Window opened, double clicking an item/stack should automatically send it to the Transfer Window.

Double Click loot in corpses instead of having to right click then left click through the minor lag for each item to place it in your inventory.

Have an option where right clicking a corpse automatically loots all. This could be turned off/on in the options menu in game.

IanKett
29-10-12, 14:28
Good ideas, more would be /help, /local, /direct name message for messaging and linking of items in chat

Netphreak
29-10-12, 14:44
Good ideas, more would be /help, /local, /direct name message for messaging and linking of items in chat

Yeah, simple things like all these suggestions would help streamline the gaming experience.

(Ps: Just out of curiosity, going slightly off topic did anything ever come of player shops/auction house that I remember being talked about years years ago)

William Antrim
29-10-12, 17:13
No Netphreak. We got furniture for apts.

So basically you guys want all the UI stuff from wow then?

Like a follow button and so on?

IanKett
29-10-12, 17:26

It's not just WoW alot of MMOs have the same features which just assist with the gameplay a little like linking items, easier to change channel than doing F1, click etc. It's just little features to make the world more pleasant to play in.

BlueRobot
29-10-12, 17:28
(Ps: Just out of curiosity, going slightly off topic did anything ever come of player shops/auction house that I remember being talked about years years ago)

The zones where the old DoY apartments are in was intended for that i think, but thats it.

Netphreak
29-10-12, 18:09

Chat channel commands is a simple one that I'm surprised were never in the game to start with.
Things like Enter Key working like pressing 'Ok' when trading is a continuity thing.

nEo-1664
29-10-12, 18:28
Or simply simplifying the chat channels currently. As they stand, who actually uses the TRADE - MB for MB only trade? I think most people only use TRADE-NC no matter where they are. So why not change the current list of channels down to:

/local -- Used to chat to those within the Local player name list.
/direct -- Used for direct 1:1 private messaging
/help -- Anything help related, ie: Where can I find xyz?
/buddy -- Used to chat to other runners specified as Buddies(Friends)
/clan -- Clan only chit-chat.
/global -- Like HELP and OOC currently, a channel designed for across zone chatter
/trade -- As mentioned above, just 1 trade channel broadcasting across the server.
/team -- Selective chat limited to your team only.

And that's it. Remove all the TRADE-LOCATION channels, and Service channels, also remove ZONE in replacement of /global maybe, or just use LOCAL.

Obviously if these were to be used, then still having the short form of them too as: /l, /d etc etc

Dropout
29-10-12, 18:54
Or simply simplifying the chat channels currently. As they stand, who actually uses the TRADE - MB for MB only trade? I think most people only use TRADE-NC no matter where they are. So why not change the current list of channels down to:

/local -- Used to chat to those within the Local player name list.
/direct -- Used for direct 1:1 private messaging
/help -- Anything help related, ie: Where can I find xyz?
/buddy -- Used to chat to other runners specified as Buddies(Friends)
/clan -- Clan only chit-chat.
/global -- Like HELP and OOC currently, a channel designed for across zone chatter
/trade -- As mentioned above, just 1 trade channel broadcasting across the server.
/team -- Selective chat limited to your team only.

And that's it. Remove all the TRADE-LOCATION channels, and Service channels, also remove ZONE in replacement of /global maybe, or just use LOCAL.

Obviously if these were to be used, then still having the short form of them too as: /l, /d etc etc

/zone is actually quite usefull, I would be very much against remove that. However the /trade - MB and such, are pretty pointless yes.
I dont see why /ooc should be renamed to /global though...

William Antrim
29-10-12, 21:58
I am in favour of removing the unused chat channels but I would rather keep Zone chat/OOC/Faction chat as they are and remove the others. Zone is useful and faction chat is also. Alliance chat can go as there is no alliance.... people will be asking for horde chat next.... :)

Dropout
30-10-12, 01:01
I am in favour of removing the unused chat channels but I would rather keep Zone chat/OOC/Faction chat as they are and remove the others. Zone is useful and faction chat is also. Alliance chat can go as there is no alliance.... people will be asking for horde chat next.... :)

Ah yes, forgot about faction chat. That should definately stay aswell.

William Antrim
30-10-12, 01:03
p.s in response to previous posts I am in favour of the changes suggested if they can be implemented. I wasnt being sarcastic.

Xeno LARD
02-11-12, 13:02
I'd like the ok etc buttons bigger on quantity windows so i don't need to be so precise with mouse movements (eg i'm a mong).