PDA

View Full Version : [TITAN] H-14 MC5 Temporary Replacement

Trivaldi
16-10-12, 19:35
Hello,

Much like the Ceres Labs (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?145903-TITAN-Ceres-Lab-Closure-amp-Replacement), we have taken the steps to remove the normal implementation of MC5 (H-14). This has been done until we can remedy a number of issues which allow MC5 parts to be farmed with no risk to the player. The main MC5 building is still accessible but players will not encounter the Base Commander in this location. As such MC5 parts are not available in the usual manner. The natural spawn of the MC5 Base Commander was disabled on October 2nd.

A temporary facility has been constructed in a clearing near the main MC5 structure, the Base Commander and a large number of his security staff have relocated to this facility temporarily. This means it is still possible to collect MC5 parts but this implementation will provide you with more of a challenge, you will likely need a decent size team to tackle the new facility.

As with the Ceres Labs this new facility is also on an adjusted re-spawn timer. Clearing the zone, leaving and re-entering will not re-spawn the Base Commander, instead he will return after an undisclosed period of time has passed.

This is not a decision we have taken lightly and is a necessary evil to prevent significant damage to the economy of Titan, while also removing another exploit hot spot until we can patch a more permanent solution.

L0KI
16-10-12, 23:02
Hello,

Much like the Ceres Labs (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?145903-TITAN-Ceres-Lab-Closure-amp-Replacement), we have taken the steps to remove the normal implementation of MC5 (H-14). This has been done until we can remedy a number of issues which allow MC5 parts to be farmed with no risk to the player. The main MC5 building is still accessible but players will not encounter the Base Commander in this location. As such MC5 parts are not available in the usual manner.

A temporary facility has been constructed in a clearing near the main MC5 structure, the Base Commander and a large number of his security staff have relocated to this facility temporarily. This means it is still possible to collect MC5 parts but this implementation will provide you with more of a challenge, you will likely need a decent size team to tackle the new facility.

As with the Ceres Labs this new facility is also on an adjusted re-spawn timer. Clearing the zone, leaving and re-entering will not re-spawn the Base Commander, instead he will return after an undisclosed period of time has passed.

This is not a decision we have taken lightly and is a necessary evil to prevent significant damage to the economy of Titan, while also removing another exploit hot spot until we can patch a more permanent solution.

I'm glad this has been done, don't get me wrong. My fear, however, is that certain clans have already farmed the shit out of it and have themselves geared up. This leaves the rest of us at a disadvantage.

\\Fényx//
16-10-12, 23:48
I'm glad this has been done, don't get me wrong. My fear, however, is that certain clans have already farmed the shit out of it and have themselves geared up. This leaves the rest of us at a disadvantage.

just a fear ? its obvious who has done it just by looking at trade chat for a few hours a night. there is also something that from the 'outside' looks fishy when a certain player is selling multiple woc disks every day...

Chuck Norris
16-10-12, 23:54
[edit]

Torg
17-10-12, 00:00
just keep on doing the good work, triv, and dont let yourself get trolled.

Trivaldi
17-10-12, 00:16
For the sake of clarification the natural spawn of the MC5 Base Commander was disabled on October 2nd 2012. The removal was triggered after studying the activities of first few runners to reach the sector on Titan.

Strife
17-10-12, 00:43
Is the respawn timer on a matter of minutes, or hours? I 'd just like to know if it's worthwhile for a team to wait it out for 10-15 minutes, or is it get one tech then go do something else?

Dropout
17-10-12, 03:07
Is the respawn timer on a matter of minutes, or hours? I 'd just like to know if it's worthwhile for a team to wait it out for 10-15 minutes, or is it get one tech then go do something else?

Very good question. I would love to know this aswell.

Doc Holliday
17-10-12, 08:37
interesting point. well lets see what happens.

William Antrim
17-10-12, 13:36
Does the time scale vary?

Hoder
18-10-12, 17:57
Is the respawn timer on a matter of minutes, or hours? I 'd just like to know if it's worthwhile for a team to wait it out for 10-15 minutes, or is it get one tech then go do something else?Let's see now...

he will return after an undisclosed period of time has passed.The whole point of not disclosing the time interval is to prevent any predictability in the gathering of "rare" items. Those who have been playing the game for years should welcome the removal of predictability from Neocron. Regular change keeps gameplay fresh and exciting. Not knowing what's around the next corner is why a lot of people, especially PvPers choose to play.

We'll keep MC5 a mystery for the foreseeable future, so the only way to really find out is to go there and perhaps bump into a rival clan doing exactly the same thing. Perhaps H-14 could be the next new "mega-outpost" to fight over!

Mr. Kassad
18-10-12, 19:53
Another job well done Triv & Hoder (and everybody else involved)!

Dropout
18-10-12, 19:56
Considering how important MC5's are for any PvP setup, I do not agree that this is a good idea - at all.
I obviously do agree that its great that its not something just for droners now, but I do think its a bad idea with a long "cooldown" on the npc.

dWintermut3
19-10-12, 00:55
Safespot exploiting has been going on in MC-5 since the early days of NC1 retail. I'm really happy that the dev team has taken such a proactive approach to stopping easily exploited "epic" content from wrecking the entire economy.

Forget My Name
19-10-12, 01:45
Bravo team! Bravo!!!

J@ck on Cr@ck
19-10-12, 02:18
Its a good approach to prevent exploiting and brain dead farming of MC5 parts. However I dont see me (or the most of the community) PVPing anytime soon, depending on the respawn timer.
Now people will say you can PVP without MC5, which might be true, but some people already have their MC5s putting the rest at a significant disadvantage, especially at OP fights.
I agree with dropout on this issue.

Trivaldi
19-10-12, 02:37
Regarding debate over the respawn timer, please remember this is a temporary replacement.

This (MC5 & the Ceres Field Labs) is a new way of implementing content, something which has never been possible in the past. Previously we'd have to close down MC5 entirely and be done with it, until we could address the issues with the sector in a patch. That kind of closure has happened many times over the course of Neocron's life, more than once with MC5 alone. Not having the zone at all, is far worse than having to respond to an extended respawn timer, in my opinion.

Thankfully rather than remove the zone entirely until we can fix it, we've been able to implement this temporary "half way house" solution, allowing acquisition of the parts to continue. These new automated dynamic spawns (made possible via new tools from Zoltan) are something we've not been able to do previously but have helped hugely in limiting damage from exploits, while keeping key content in game.

I appreciate it may not be everyone's ideal way of managing the situation. However we are very pleased at being able to safely keep this content in game, while we tackle the issues involved.

Dropout
19-10-12, 05:54
These new automated dynamic spawns (made possible via new tools from Zoltan) are something we've not been able to do previously but have helped hugely in limiting damage from exploits, while keeping key content in game.
Ah that explains why it havent been done before :)

And this temporary solution is ofc much better than closing the place(s) Down completely.
I do hope that you will find a permanent solution rather soon though, but also understand the complications of this.
I know, I know.. Its done when its done ;)

Strife
19-10-12, 06:13
Let's see now...
The whole point of not disclosing the time interval is to prevent any predictability in the gathering of "rare" items. Those who have been playing the game for years should welcome the removal of predictability from Neocron. Regular change keeps gameplay fresh and exciting. Not knowing what's around the next corner is why a lot of people, especially PvPers choose to play.

I'm not asking for exact numbers. Asking if it's worth waiting for a reset or if we'd have to wait 3 hours is a reasonable question. I'll go and find out for myself though.

Perhaps H-14 could be the next new "mega-outpost" to fight over! I'd be your biggest fan if you could make access to this zone un-LE only, so that this scenario could become reality.

Jackie crack
19-10-12, 16:57
Its a good approach to prevent exploiting and brain dead farming of MC5 parts. However I dont see me (or the most of the community) PVPing anytime soon, depending on the respawn timer.
Now people will say you can PVP without MC5, which might be true, but some people already have their MC5s putting the rest at a significant disadvantage, especially at OP fights.
I agree with dropout on this issue.

Have to agree with this, yeh can pvp without mc5 chips. But as a tank and someone who has always been a tank and prefered choice of pvp class I have a specific setup that iv tuned over a long time. this requires both mc5 herc+balistic.

The bonuses from herc health and athletics free's up valuble con points for resists

The bonues from balistic besides the HC ofc, health and transport being valuable in the same sence i can spec less points to achieve 75 health for the tl40 tool and makes it possible to spec zero points to transport for a pvp spec and be able to carry the essentials for pvp.

Im playing what is concidered to me to be a gimped pve spec im slow low on piercing / force and lacking reists in some areas...

CMaster
19-10-12, 17:14
I seem to recall that when I started playing NC2, lots of people ran non MC5 setups. When setups were posted on the forums, you'd frequently have a "most people" version and a "rich enough for MC5" version. Over time, with less players and more time (and more established techniques) to farm, that changed. But still, I think most people could live without it.

(Although the Marine needs fixing really for things to be fair on tanks - PEs/Spies can do pretty well out of a SF/SWAT combo. A single marine however does tanks no good at all)

RogerRamjet
19-10-12, 17:51
Fix the Marine and Moveon and all is well.

Kanedax
19-10-12, 18:38
Yup. The Marine and Moveon being worthless are part of the reason MC5s are so vital for tanks.

carbonkink
19-10-12, 18:46
Yeah, I remember the Moveon being so viable when I started playing NC near the end of 2.1. Lots of people wanting to buy it on the Trade channels. Now it's not even worth mentioning. As for the marine chip, that too needs to be viable again. So does the Gaya glove IMO.

Dropout
19-10-12, 19:01
I actually dont agree at all that MC5's are more important for tanks than for other classes..
Without MC5s a PE wont be able to get anywhere near any worthwhile weapons and have some kind of PC/RC aswell..

Tanks has the Soldier imps that gives STR and HC at the same time. No other classes has that (well melee do aswell obviously).
Hell I actually ran with a setup on one of my tanks on Terra, without MC5s for a while.

Kanedax
19-10-12, 19:38
PE is just a disaster at the moment, that whole class needs to be reworked. Also, I guess my interpretation comes from the last few years on Terra where all setups were maximizing damage and run speed. I could get by on my Tank with no MC5's, in fact the setup I have worked out only requires the ballistic. Not having any MC5s though does make it harder to use resist chips while getting your strength high enough to use the high end pa's and weapons.

RogerRamjet
19-10-12, 19:43
I actually dont agree at all that MC5's are more important for tanks than for other classes..
Without MC5s a PE wont be able to get anywhere near any worthwhile weapons and have some kind of PC/RC aswell..

That's the point of a PE though. You either have to have an extreme set up, or roll a spy?

Dropout
20-10-12, 01:09
That's the point of a PE though. You either have to have an extreme set up, or roll a spy?
...Obviously :rolleyes:
I said what I did, because people was saying that tanks was the class that needed MC5s the most. This is just not true at all, as I pointed out.

Kanedax: Resist chips?! I havent used those in years - on any class ;)

Strife
20-10-12, 03:14
Kanedax: Resist chips?! I havent used those in years - on any class We can tell :P

necrocon
15-11-14, 13:11
Years later... I would have gone with perhaps building a newer/bigger MC5 in either the same grid, or perhaps another part of the map. Maybe even have the fall of MC5 as a story in the game, either players march in and destroy it, or a DOY raid to crush this MC5 business. Then unveil a new building that isn't subject to the current flaws that allow the exploiting inside of MC5. Perhaps a whole underground basement inside of one of the smaller installations?

Kalonji Faya
11-03-15, 19:56
Years later too I know ...

... But I just came back 2 weeks ago and was wondering, what is the state of MC5 today ?! Is it still under temporary replacement ?! Thanks in advance for answering !

Kalonji Faya

Bifrost
12-03-15, 11:56
Since the temporary facility is long gone and this thread is no longer relevant I'm going to close this thread for clarity.

If you wish to start a new discussion on MC5, please start one in the usual places.