PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember your first ganking?

Toast
16-10-12, 18:15
At the end of beta4 or maybe the beginning of retail I was shocked to get gunned down in cold blood at cycrow, I was mortified! The name I still remember, it begins with a V, lol!

Jodo
16-10-12, 18:41
I know we're not meant to name names on the forum but I don't see it being a problem considering he was in NCAT and the RP purpose (if it can be called that) of the clan to gank wherever, whenever.
It certainly won't come as a shock to anyone from the Uranus server if I were to say I was a little noob running around the Aggie cellars when I was ganked by The Jester.

Toast
16-10-12, 18:54
Only reason I brought it up was I took my le out of a /30 last night to imp up my psi a bit and immediately got splattered all over the wall in the cave LOL

RogerRamjet
16-10-12, 18:55
I'm still getting ganked now...

Drevious
16-10-12, 19:10
Idk who yanked me first. But I remember the first guy I ganked. It was the leader of that =SSC= clan that went on to be pretty popular for a minute. He was in aggy cellar talking how his clan was gna b powerful an take over the server so I wtfpwnt him. Then his clan became big an powerful

Quantum Delta was his name if I remember right :-)

Haxxor
16-10-12, 19:19
Most people play with respect to other players but there's still always going to be that group of players who will pk other players for kicks.
The attitude of some runners is pretty poor, still see cheating, childishness & lack of manners in game.

Dribble Joy
16-10-12, 19:22
Probably sometime around December/January 2002 at Jericho. I didn't really know much about PvP at all back then, let alone ganking (I didn't know why some runner's faction/clan showed up red, I though they just had different colours, quite confused when I saw a screenie of a TG runner showing up green). I was going to the OP GR after hunting at the mutie pit nearby and some guy killed me. I dropped my plasma pistol :(.

I can't remember my first gank though. Though I suppose what you mean by gank. I've killed plenty of red's and people that started it, but never greens/yellows. I try to avoid anyone under /45 or so, though sometimes I see an enemy and just attack, then go 'oh shit' when they drop after a few bursts. Usually apologise, though not too much ;).

Favourite one is my first Kami-kill. Dude didn't know what happened. He was sniping at J_01 and I popped up behind and emptied a clip in him, he barely had time to pull his stealth out, but then it was too late.

Idk who yanked me first. But I remember the first guy I ganked. It was the leader of that =SSC= clan that went on to be pretty popular for a minute. He was in aggy cellar talking how his clan was gna b powerful an take over the server so I wtfpwnt him. Then his clan became big an powerful

Quantum Delta was his name if I remember right :-)
Hehe, used to be reasonably good friends with that lot. CM was generally on good terms with FA, though MJ12 didn't help.

Kanedax
16-10-12, 19:44
First person I ganked after coming back in 2.1 was the leader of teh killer clowns. Hacked a 5 slot all arti Moonie off their belt. Still have it on Terra to this day.

First person I remember being ganked by was probably Ginger Magician, and then we became friends lol.

Dropout
16-10-12, 19:55
Cant remember who the first person I ganked was.. There has been so many.. :p
Not sure if I have ever been ganked though. Maybe while Droning for WoC on Walker, but not sure tbh.. Used to carry a ton of Kami drones while leveling..

Tupac
16-10-12, 20:21
I was leveling with my faithful ppu Ivory in tech haven! out comes nowhere is megaman and psychokilla, ripped me and ivory a new one in literally about 10 seconds. From that day forth i harboured some kind of mad hate towards him until i realised that, that style of play is the most rewarding! if ur still about megaman and psyhokilla I salute u 2

Ascension
16-10-12, 20:37
I remember Pete the Psi and MeGaMan killed me at Gabanium Mine on Pluto when I was GR tagging!

Dissenter
16-10-12, 20:44
Starkes, Nc1 retail, Saturn - maybe not the first but one of the main ones I remember from 10 years ago!

\\Fényx//
16-10-12, 21:59
At the end of beta4 or maybe the beginning of retail I was shocked to get gunned down in cold blood at cycrow, I was mortified! The name I still remember, it begins with a V, lol!

vetterox ? :P

I could be bit of a bastard myself at times... especially if they were a fallen angels member, rank didnt matter then :) loved little raids on TH and the canyon when those factions had a proper home...

Britney
16-10-12, 22:24
Wow this is a fun thread apart from the obvious whiners who dont seem to understand ganking is part of nc just as much as copbots are!

I remember Sweet Leaf ganking me in aggies and some guys from End of Neocron ganking me in mb the most. In early nc1 that was and i didnt mind much!

Went on to gank a bunch of people myself after im afraid to say and it wss fun!

Used to have a 5 slot judge i "earned" by ganking DJ on pluto too ;)

dWintermut3
16-10-12, 22:35
During the Fallen Angels civil war on Pluto. Someone got me in my apartment lift. it was like having a knife fight in a closet. I was on my rifle spy and I think I was using a healing light, he was a H-C tank with a plasma cannon.

nabbl
16-10-12, 22:46
I took my LE out with 0/4 or something on my melee tank. But the first time I was ganked was 2/5 in Pepper Sec 1... by a Silent Hunter Spy ;-)

Toast
17-10-12, 00:13
Nay it was someone named valkre, I didn't say at first because I didn't want people to think I was griefing over it, most of the time it's actually pretty funny :)

Dribble Joy
17-10-12, 00:47
Used to have a 5 slot judge i "earned" by ganking DJ on pluto too ;)
You sure? I wasn't on Pluto for long (vacation from Uranus), didn't even think I got to rares...

Faid
17-10-12, 00:52
My first time getting ganked was on Pluto at MB, haad just gr'd in and bam, some spy raped me lol I remember feeling violated :p

Danae
17-10-12, 01:05
Strife ganked my cherry on Pluto. He got me when I was afk in an Industrial Zone (I forget which one? :P) I believe. One of very few people to possess a Danae dog tag before MJS hired me!

Tupac
17-10-12, 02:09
During the Fallen Angels civil war on Pluto. Someone got me in my apartment lift. it was like having a knife fight in a closet. I was on my rifle spy and I think I was using a healing light, he was a H-C tank with a plasma cannon.

Probably me ;)

flib
17-10-12, 02:16
The first time I was ganked was probably back in August 2006:
I think I was playing a low level rifle spy. My friend who introduced me to the game was explaining the LE to me, and I was like, "Psh. I'll be fine without it." So I took it out. We were in ViaRosso, hunting mutants, when I see this guy in a wizard robe, and he strikes me down in just 1 or 2 hits of his magic missile. I believe my reaction was, "Wow, what an asshole."
Naturally, I put my LE right back in.

gstyle40
17-10-12, 02:47
LOL many were no named casualties in the reign of terror spread by skull cult. I was clanless before I joined the cult and had only been "ganked". gunner and sweet leaf in El farid are some I remember. The first I actually remember ganking was an apu named stoned with my termi pe outside MB right after I capped him.

Strife
17-10-12, 06:12
Strife ganked my cherry on Pluto. He got me when I was afk in an Industrial Zone (I forget which one? :P) I believe. One of very few people to possess a Danae dog tag before MJS hired me!Obligatory "pwned" :P

\\Fényx//
17-10-12, 07:59
Strife ganked my cherry on Pluto. He got me when I was afk in an Industrial Zone (I forget which one? :P) I believe. One of very few people to possess a Danae dog tag before MJS hired me!

You sure dogtags were about back then ? ;)

dWintermut3
17-10-12, 07:59
Probably me ;)

you know... I think it might have been. That was one hell of a fight wasn't it? Certainly memorable since I'd just popped my LE to join a clan.

Britney
17-10-12, 10:54
You sure? I wasn't on Pluto for long (vacation from Uranus), didn't even think I got to rares...

Hmm coulda been on uranus now you say that.

Dru Blood
17-10-12, 12:15
I remember way back on Saturn, I was leveling in the Aggies with my Pistol PE I was stood by the boxes at the entrance, at this time Hybrid monks were all the rage. I heard this icy sound of a Holy Paraylsis beating down on me from above, I slowly turned around to see someone called SoulCutter who splattered poison barrels all around me and quickly zoned away. I died in about 3-4 seconds.

2 weeks later I made it to the MB bunker, and was terrorised repeatedly by this same monk who was later accompanied by a SmokeyJ also hybrid - both weilding Holy Paralysis and Holy Lightning.

It took me a good 6-7 months to get my PE up too a decent level and I finally got my first rare - a 5 slot Liberator - I ripped both of the monks a new one in PepperPark 1.

I loved that sense of fear you got when either of those names popped in local - SoulCutter & SmokeyJ are you guys still around?

RogerRamjet
17-10-12, 12:59
^ Oh yeh first time I died was on Saturn when the poison barrels were bugged. Even if you were LEd when the caster zoned I'm certain it would start to stack on you?

slith
17-10-12, 13:10
Died in Plaza 1 sewers to a tl-40 gatling cannon tank named vokuhila about 2 hours after I first started up the game. Got my revenge about 2 months later with my first rare gun, ray of god. It felt good.

The game was still in beta, and at some point I lost this char + all equipment to some random zoning bug :/

My first kill was one of two Healing Light spies that ambushed me on my way from Bunker back to MB. I killed one with my Lightcaster Raygun before the other one got me. The second spy was deep in the red though :P

Big Bob
17-10-12, 14:24
Back on Saturn levelling our first chars, me and my brother popped our LE's early, Bulletsponge the PE made trying to level at Military Base absolutely unbearable. I'll always remember that **** name :D

Shazam
17-10-12, 14:28
i remember when i only had my pe jaffo and he was rifle! (about 8 years ago!) before FLR and 101st had merged on saturn i was running from oz to mb and having souly levelled in the sewers this new open space was amazing and then a few zones in, boom, a rifle pe using a pain easier ripped through me, i didnt even know what was going on lol, at first i thought i was getting attacked by a giant lobster! think he name was PK KING or Mister KING or something like that, had king in it anyway, i remember threatening to get the whole of CM on his ass, i thought i had the power to arrange this, turns out i didnt!

Shazam
17-10-12, 14:29
Back on Saturn levelling our first chars, me and my brother popped our LE's early, Bulletsponge the PE made trying to level at Military Base absolutely unbearable. I'll always remember that **** name :D

i used to spend allot of time with sponge on teamspeak, such a great guy, wish he would come back!

Speedball
17-10-12, 14:38
Saturn retail; Starkes, lowtech PE with Pain Easer and Liby (was playable at the time). He was in clan HATE. I was a tank with rifle/HC and a vein ripper LOL....

L0KI
17-10-12, 16:13
Saturn retail; Starkes, lowtech PE with Pain Easer and Liby (was playable at the time). He was in clan HATE. I was a tank with rifle/HC and a vein ripper LOL....

I have three brief stories to tell.

#1 First gank I ever witnessed

Level 24; on my first ever PE, Loki, having just pulled his LE I headed into PP1 to have a look around. Just beyond the zoneline, I ran into a tank; a god in comparison to Loki, MattUK_24. Matt stood there, un-phased by the presence of a mere mortal, wielding a TPC. He approached me, and I nervously retreated back a few steps.

"Hi mate", Matt said.

"Hi", I replied.

"Come with me", he said.

I didn't utter a word in response, but instead followed obediently as instructed by my elder. Off we went, further and further into Pepper Park, where we encountered our first spy. Matt pulled out his TPC, and blasted a clip of plasma into his face. He dropped, and my heart raced. Further still we went, Matt blasting plasma into unsuspecting runners faces whilst he left me totally and utterly un-touched.

It was at that exact moment that I fell in love with Neocron.

First person to ever gank me:

The first person to ever gank me was a guy called Headshot, who ran into the Plaza 2 aggies with a Liberator, gunning down everyone in sight. Annoyed as I was, I feared his return for the next few days.

First person I ever ganked:

Sir Ramic Hobbs. This guy was quite a character. I had a strange rivalry with him and whichever clan he rolled with at the time from the early days of NC1, right up to the end. Probably inspired by my first ever PK. He came running into PP1 with his Pain Easer, spamming the chat with arrogance. I saw he was red to me, and went running towards him with my liberator. Having an immensely fast setup at the time, I circled him and unleashed a couple of clips, dropping him whilst on his way back to the zoneline with his tail between his legs.

In fairness, I quite liked the guy. We were, however, enemies throughout.

Also, a special mention to Revengers Hand. Most of you will more better know him as Smurf/Smurfen.

After I'd killed a few people, I started to get a bit cocky, hanging around talking in PP1. He caught me completely off guard. Before I knew it, I was at half health and being ripped to pieces by his Paw of Bear. Literally before I had even pulled my gun out, he'd ganked me. He utterly shocked me and made me realise I had a hell of a lot to learn about the game before I could compete with the likes of him. Since then, we've been on friendly terms across Uranus, Terra, and now Titan.

Geist-[uTw]-
17-10-12, 17:15
Saturn, Military Base

I already had my LE put out and came out of my apartment. Suddenly a bunch of Power-Armor geared (never seen it before) people came through a door and shoot on everything. Remember that i typed something like "Don´t shoot" but before i can press enter i was dead. :)

RogerRamjet
17-10-12, 18:46

Sir Ramic Hobbs. This guy was quite a character. I had a strange rivalry with him and whichever clan he rolled with at the time from the early days of NC1, right up to the end. Probably inspired by my first ever PK. He came running into PP1 with his Pain Easer, spamming the chat with arrogance. I saw he was red to me, and went running towards him with my liberator. Having an immensely fast setup at the time, I circled him and unleashed a couple of clips, dropping him whilst on his way back to the zoneline with his tail between his legs.

In fairness, I quite liked the guy. We were, however, enemies throughout.

Ramic is an RL friend of mine, the person who inspired me to play NC, and again, like your Matt_UK24 story, I watched him kill a whole cave team at CRP when someone stole his 5 slot TRIDE Fusion cannon. He was still in Blue HC PA so must have been a long time ago. But Rabbi, you do realise he never specced resists on any character? :D

I was also RL friends with Decimator and Neptune. Deci still used to gank me.

Dribble Joy
17-10-12, 19:43
Just made my first kill on Titan.

Well, I say kill, but really I think he just had a massive drug flash (as he didn't fall over when he died). And he might have been relogging as he didn't react. He dropped in less than a clip though so I don't think he could have done anything.

So... yeah, I ganked him.

I know you take the risk running about a busy hunting zone pumped full of drugs without an LE, but I still feel a little dirty.

Toast
17-10-12, 20:33
He might have been watching in horror, unable to move...

Kanedax
17-10-12, 20:33
I haven't ganked anyone yet but I did counter-gank riff raff, which was somewhat embarrassing for him considering he had an ak and my tank was like str 80 using a tangent prototype laser cannon. :p

Toast
18-10-12, 04:07
Ahh I went down in the caves again tonight on my /32 with 20 poison stacks from a rifle spy...

Doc Holliday
18-10-12, 07:36
Revengers eye. not revengers hand. also ramic was a pe roger. just saying ;)

i dont remember who my broke my nc cherry and ganked me. i was afk in the level 1 sewers making a brew with no le chip. i do remember arek ganking me a lot till i managed to get up to a competing level. he chased me across drakkhan zone one night. i kept running. and got to a belt drop zone and then turned around and waited for him to zone. Out comes the pain easer (he wasnt expecting it i dont think)

he turned ran back in side and i dropped him about 25 meters from the GR. satisfaction. of course we all have a million stories like that.

ps. although i never ever played saturn starkes notoriety spread around nc like the plague. From what i remember he used a libby and pocket blizzard freezer pistol. not a pe. Nidd will remember more i am sure.

Darkener
18-10-12, 10:54
I believe it was in one of the out zones of nc, prometheus got me when I was really low level . I remember as its the first time I saw tank pa and is when I decided to play the class seriously .

RogerRamjet
18-10-12, 13:46
Revengers eye. not revengers hand. also ramic was a pe roger. just saying ;)

I should have clarified, on his tank, MoSHeR!

Xeno LARD
18-10-12, 14:00

Sir Ramic Hobbs.

Hah what a guy. I only "got" his name about a month ago... DOH

MAnGstEr
18-10-12, 22:48
I was leveling with my faithful ppu Ivory in tech haven! out comes nowhere is megaman and psychokilla, ripped me and ivory a new one in literally about 10 seconds. From that day forth i harboured some kind of mad hate towards him until i realised that, that style of play is the most rewarding! if ur still about megaman and psyhokilla I salute u 2

Yea I am still around, this is megaman btw. I typed in an old email address I used to use and for some reason this username showed up. Psycho is still around as well. Maybe because my first account is still banned? Framed by fred btw, and I also read in a different article on the internet the corruption of the GMs. Whom admitted that they would one shot kill me to see if I had god mode on.

Anyways.. i never liked you..

L0KI
18-10-12, 22:55
Revengers eye. not revengers hand.

I was pretty damn sure his melee tank was Revengers Hand, and his HC tank was Revengers Eye...

Maybe I'm wrong... 9 years is a long time, after all.

Nikabolokov
19-10-12, 00:46
Doob, Aggies on Uranus

Selket
19-10-12, 01:11
in my first 20 minutes someone on mars saw me in the sewer, and told he he will give me a cool item but he cant trade because i have the LE in. Well i thought...hmm makes sense noob protection could mean that i cant trade...so i took it out and the friendly fellow said LOLKOSKOSKOSNOOB and shot me. Well i stopped playing then for a few weeks until i try again and didnt take out the LE till i was able to wear my first PA.

My personal best gank action myself was as a rifle spy at el farid, camping with SH near the GR. A whole clan decided to make an opfight during that time, needless to say. they didnt have a opfight then ^^ anybody involved will remember that because of the hour long OOCflame that followed :)

Crodus
19-10-12, 03:29
First time I was ganked was by Starkes. We as a small TG community figured out his game and ganked him more times than I can count. Clikclikclik. Gotta give it to the guy, he made one of the first real truly hated chars and for a time he was pretty good at pking in a hostile faction environment.

Tupac
20-10-12, 04:10
Yea I am still around, this is megaman btw. I typed in an old email address I used to use and for some reason this username showed up. Psycho is still around as well. Maybe because my first account is still banned? Framed by fred btw, and I also read in a different article on the internet the corruption of the GMs. Whom admitted that they would one shot kill me to see if I had god mode on.

Anyways.. i never liked you..

I know u never liked me and I never liked u, but my point is I never really understood the real enjoyment of the game in which this case was just downright harassment in the ganking game. Just wanted to give you a shout out cos you showed me the way lol. I want to put it out there that i never thought you hacked in anyway because you were decent, but you weren't amazing so to speak

Hope you the best nontheless

Toast
20-10-12, 06:48
As mentioned before the inspiration for this thread was that I got ganked the INSTANT I took my le out, don't remember who (on Titan) tonight an un le'd clueless person walked up behind me in the cave and said "team?", well we all know how that went LOL

Crodus
20-10-12, 08:05
Ive been called gay, fag, noob....all because I still have my LE in. I just want to make my money first this time around. I know a few people who have known me through the years and the tenacity I can harbor. Careful who ya call noob....I will pull my LE out and it might be sooner than YOU like.

Kanedax
20-10-12, 19:41
http://static1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/4+pictures.+watch+out+we+_e005b84877ae7d98b2662c215b38d3ea.png

Toast
21-10-12, 16:04
Don't feel bad Cro, my LE tank is almost capped, my un-LE APU is unable to level for more than 5 minutes in a row without getting killed.

Dribble Joy
21-10-12, 17:36
Had a couple of gankings in the last couple of days.

Rhino sniped me from god knows where, then I took a RoG to the back of the head while I was looting a percy. I put up a bit of a fight but no energy armour and 30 resist was never going to help much.