PDA

View Full Version : [00659]Cant loot the mob if it slides down the hill after death

Ivan Eres
16-10-12, 16:45
If a mob is being killed while its climbing up a hill and it slides down after that it cannot be looted anymore by the player.

The message says: "You cannot reach this"

It happens quite often for Fire mobs because they really like to climb up hills.

Maybe the server only calculates the position of the dead mob once when it dies and does not update it. Or the general calculation of the mob position on a hill is an issue.

Regards

CMaster
16-10-12, 16:54
It's a client-server desync issue. Client draws the corpse somewhere different to where it actually is (on the server). Server doesn't send/client doesn't listen for an update on corpse position. Can be worked around by either going to where you know the corpse will actually be and then right clicking (even though it appears miles away), or by a quick relog, forcing a new version of the world data down on to you.

Ivan Eres
17-10-12, 10:44
It's a client-server desync issue. Client draws the corpse somewhere different to where it actually is (on the server). Server doesn't send/client doesn't listen for an update on corpse position. Can be worked around by either going to where you know the corpse will actually be and then right clicking (even though it appears miles away), or by a quick relog, forcing a new version of the world data down on to you.

Thank you for the relog hint! I will try that. Never thought of this.

Regards

Torg
17-10-12, 12:39
... or by a quick relog.. it's an ages old problem, esp. hoverbots never seem to be right there where you see them, and always need a relog before hacking.

Satan2k2
17-10-12, 12:49
yep, zone change(if you're close to boundaries) or relog.

William Antrim
17-10-12, 12:52
I just wait the two minutes it takes to let them climb down. However it needs to be fixed for hovers though. Perhaps put them in zones without so many trees.

Bruce Bremsekloete
05-02-13, 18:07
Hello Chummers,

i got some bugs:

first i got a grey wall after sync again. i sync from G_08 to G_07.

Second problem: hacking Hoverbombers. I cant hack, i am too far away and after hacking i got the message: "You have to wait a bit longer before you can perform this action."

this strains my nerves. please patch this, too.

With kind regards,

Bruci

Powerpunsh
06-02-13, 00:15
Did you try a relog? There is probably a server-/ clientside positionbug.
And this grey wall after sync bug is already know. Dont know when they are going to fix it. :p

Ivan Eres
06-02-13, 00:38
first i got a grey wall after sync again. i sync from G_08 to G_07.

This is a known issue since patch #177.

It's being caused by the third person view. The workaround is to use alt+e two times and it will be back to normal.

Strife
06-02-13, 21:57
This is a known issue since patch #177.

It's being caused by the third person view. The workaround is to use alt+e two times and it will be back to normal.Thanks for that, I usually zone back, then back in. This'll be easier.

Bruce Bremsekloete
07-02-13, 08:57
Did you try a relog?

Yes, i relogg for more than 3 times. i cant loot. this sucks very much.

The workaround is to use alt+e two times and it will be back to normal.

I know this but sometimes you havent time to press alt+e. if some mobs after sync and you have grey wall you will be dead. sometimes i press alt+e and neocron (?) unreacted :eek: it reacts after 3 or 4 seconds .... hate this ...