PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED]Found but not missed...

Haggis.at
16-10-12, 15:49
Small list I encountered since start on Titan (many of them back from NC1...)

Weapon reload bug (confirmed that in another thread)

Incoming damage from mobs before fire animation (Launchers in OZ3, Storage near Hurler Bridge.they point the weapon at you, you get damage, then the missile flies - and often enough explodes somewhere else so you cannot dodge it. Heard some years ago that the hit detection was before the actual animation but thats ridiculous - especially when you get shot with things you can dodge...) Status: Urgent

Invisible Fireballs from Firemobs / Energy Beams from WBs etc. (You can't dodge what you can't see... Nice little unfair server trick) Status: Urgent

PSI APU Modules: When casting over a certain frequency spells tend to *fizzle* (means - casting Animation without actually hitting the target but using Psi Points). Status: Annoying

Also the good old Levelup Bug is still in place - checked while Tradeskilling. Example: You get 50 XP per work. You need 30 for next level. You end up exactly 3 Points each time before Levelup. Next Use brings you to 1-10 Points into the next level (which means wasted xp with each level you gain.) Status: Ancient but still only annoying

Load and Runspeed Bug: When you have more Transport Skill you start to get slower at a much higher load (like 80 load you slow down under 15 free load, with 25 Load you get the same slow speed when only 1-2 free load are left) Status: Annoying

Clipping bug when playing in 1920x1080 (yes, I know, the game wasnt designed for that resolution...) With this bug you can see whats behind the next corner - just look about 15 degrees down...Status: Annoying

Beginner Sewers and cellars (the design like the lvl 6 one next to YO in Plaza 1): between the fences there is some "invisible obstacle" - you can either jump over it or run around sideways. Status: Ancient but still only annoying

Vendors selling Items which state in their description "1 Slot" or "2 Slots" which end up having none (while other items which don't state anything have some if you are lucky) Status: Annoying

OZ 3, at the Storage entrance at Hurler Bridge: Hurler or Butchee often fights with NPC there for no reason whatsoever: Status: Just 4 info

OZ9 secret Entrance near Simmons: When you leave the cell the monks start firing at you (at least at my CA Spy) but it says an Agressor killed me. Status: Just 4 info

Point Red: Building where the Genrep is - if you fall from the roof just above the GR into the corner with the tree facing the other building you are trapped between the tree and the building. You cant jump over the trap nor do anything else except for /set reset_position 1. Status: Just 4 info

Recycling: When you try to recycle Ammo/Boosters/whatever with junk it will priorise the Recycling Recipes (like the Leather Armor etc.) if you have at least the right materials for it in the processor window. Unsure if that can count as a bug but is sometimes annoying when your other stuff is thrown into the inventory again mixing up small recycle stuff, the thing you wanted to recycle and the rest of your inv.

Goguardian Bug (an ancient one too!): You can't put items in your Goguardian in a special order like in a cabinet in the appartment or in your inventory. Where the item is placed is random (or maybe not totally random but not the order how I want to put them). Status: Extremely annoying especially for tradeskillers (constructors).

Thats it for the moment, more to come when I encounter it.

Satan2k2
16-10-12, 16:02
A few days ago I was stucked at the tree in point red :D

Yeah, the recycling bug is annying, got me to do 3-4 armors until now :)

Load and Runspeed Bug isn't annoying, it's urgent. It's not normal to run slower with more transport when I have the same free loas as with lesser transport.

CMaster
16-10-12, 16:04
Small list I encountered since start on Titan (many of them back from NC1...)
Incoming damage from mobs before fire animation (Launchers in OZ3, Storage near Hurler Bridge.they point the weapon at you, you get damage, then the missile flies - and often enough explodes somewhere else so you cannot dodge it. Heard some years ago that the hit detection was before the actual animation but thats ridiculous - especially when you get shot with things you can dodge...) Status: Urgent

Invisible Fireballs from Firemobs / Energy Beams from WBs etc. (You can't dodge what you can't see... Nice little unfair server trick) Status: Urgent

Not that both of these aren't bugs to some extent but:
You seem to be laboring under the misapprehension that NC actually works like an FPS. It doesn't. For the vast majority of weapons, there is no hit detection. Weapon is targeted on an entity (in your examples the player). Server checks for Line of Fire (and didn't always use to do this), checks for in range, performs a dice roll for hit chance then applies the damage. There's no actual hit detection per se- and the graphical effects of beams etc are mostly just that, effects.

Recycling: When you try to recycle Ammo/Boosters/whatever with junk it will priorise the Recycling Recipes (like the Leather Armor etc.) if you have at least the right materials for it in the processor window. Unsure if that can count as a bug but is sometimes annoying when your other stuff is thrown into the inventory again mixing up small recycle stuff, the thing you wanted to recycle and the rest of your inv.

Not really any other way it can work. The simple answer is to stop trying to use this stuff to clone. Even when you use it, it contributes absolutely nothing to the amount you get out.

Haggis.at
16-10-12, 23:33
Not really any other way it can work. The simple answer is to stop trying to use this stuff to clone. Even when you use it, it contributes absolutely nothing to the amount you get out.

Sorry, but here are you definitely wrong... I do not mean Metal Plates, Wire Junk or such stuff but Bloody Skin and Tuft of Hair (which gives some nice underwear...) AND these Items DO recycle into stuff. Mostly Ammo because the expensive Medipacks need more / better stuff :)

Grogor
18-10-12, 06:11
Goguardian Bug (an ancient one too!): You can't put items in your Goguardian in a special order like in a cabinet in the appartment or in your inventory. Where the item is placed is random (or maybe not totally random but not the order how I want to put them).

Not true. You can put items in any order you want in a Goguardian (and cupboards, it works a bit different there though).
Think of the gogu as a list of items. Every item or stack of items gets a position in that list. If you start with an empty gogu everything works as you think, a new item is put at the end of the list. The intersting part is taking things out of a gogu. If you take something out that is not at the end of the list (i.e. the last item in the gogu), the list is not collapsed and now contains an empty entry. The icons in the gogu are collapsed though. if you put something in that gogu again it takes that empty entry in the list and it's icon is put at that location in the gogu. if you have several empty entries in the list, it starts with the first entry. Empty entries are only removed, if they are at the end of the list (maybe they aren't internally, but it feels like it). So getting rid of a empty entry, you have to remove all items, that follow that entry and close the gogu.

Works perfect.

And i don't see any good possibility to change that behavior unless you can manually sort items in a gogu.

Torg
18-10-12, 19:28
OZ 3, at the Storage entrance at Hurler Bridge: Hurler or Butchee often fights with NPC there for no reason whatsoever.
imho not a bug, but one of the best parts of NC: watching NPCs fight. you can easily trick hurlers into getting attacked by dogs or mutants, CM guards will clear cyclops and warbots alike, and sadly the fight between NEXT guards and copbots in P are gone. yes, i'd like to see more NPC-NPC interaction.

Haggis.at
18-10-12, 20:23
@ Grogor - Sure thing, but that behaviour is what I call a bug ;)

@ Torg - you can Trick a Hurler into attacking, that is not the point. You can also lure them to the Anarchy Breed Camp near Krupp Factory and watch 2-3 Hurlers and Butchees fight with the ABs (and loose big time ^^) But I don't think it is intended without any player interaction to it. Especially when it's not a guard but a quest NPC. But thats just my sight of things ;)

flib
18-10-12, 21:20
Not true. You can put items in any order you want in a Goguardian (and cupboards, it works a bit different there though).
Think of the gogu as a list of items. Every item or stack of items gets a position in that list. If you start with an empty gogu everything works as you think, a new item is put at the end of the list. The intersting part is taking things out of a gogu. If you take something out that is not at the end of the list (i.e. the last item in the gogu), the list is not collapsed and now contains an empty entry. The icons in the gogu are collapsed though. if you put something in that gogu again it takes that empty entry in the list and it's icon is put at that location in the gogu. if you have several empty entries in the list, it starts with the first entry. Empty entries are only removed, if they are at the end of the list (maybe they aren't internally, but it feels like it). So getting rid of a empty entry, you have to remove all items, that follow that entry and close the gogu.

Works perfect.

And i don't see any good possibility to change that behavior unless you can manually sort items in a gogu.

That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard. It's either unintended behavior or extremely poor design.
It sounds to me like they forgot the step to update item positions in the function for removing items.

Kame
19-10-12, 00:15
I have an interesting one regarding the reload.

When you still have ammo in your gun, if you click-without-holding on the reload button and then click back on the fire button about 1 second after you reloaded, your weapon will fire 1 shot from your last ammo before giving you a full clip again. You shoot that last shot as your new ammo appears on your weapon, and you still have access to that full new clip.

Basically, if you hit the shoot button at the right time during your reload, you get new ammo clip +1

My thoughts on it :

I think it has to do with the fix that was introduced in 2.2 : reload now takes about 3 full seconds. It feels like a delay was simply implemented to reload action. Basically when the server gets your reload command from your client it can still take other inputs from you char, like movement, item switch, damage input or even another reload command.This means you can simply put your char in perma-reload if you keep clicking. I know of no other games that does this.

Pre-2.2, when you hit the button, you were reloaded, no matter the animation. You could switch item or start shooting right away, or whatever. This made the pvp-action very fast paced, and in my opinion very enjoyable.
The new reload has somewhat slowed down PvP, but I see it causing more harm then good.

Reloading used to be a simple and straightforward operation, both for the game mechanics and the players, I think. Now I feel it's a clumsy, buggy, exploitable system that impacts negatively on the gaming experience.

But I hope they don't go adding new rules and complications to the reload mechanics. Just making it instant like in the first 5-6 years of the game I think would be the best solution by far, and I don't think it would bring anything bad to the game, or gaming experience. It might quicken PvP up a bit.

CMaster
19-10-12, 14:18
The reload change was made with 2.1, not 2.2. Initally it was to the length of the reload animation, but as there had been no thought to the balance effects of these often quite convoluted animations, it was eventually switched to 2.5 seconds for all weapons.

I'd vote no to instant reloads though. It's silly and requires a non-logical step (switch away from and back to weapon again)

William Antrim
19-10-12, 14:54
There used to be macros for reload. Naughty naughty. Hence it changed.