PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Ferguson Mission Code Snippets

Faid
13-10-12, 17:49
These Items don't appear to be respawning, I've checked numerous times and the containers are always empty. I know we had this problem on Terra and some people thought it was simply a really long respawn, but I think it might still be broken.

Faid
18-10-12, 06:09
OK so I've been trying to do this for almost 2 weeks now. The code snippets simply are not respawning. I received word from GM Black Ivory that it isn't broke just a really long respawn. He said hours not minutes, which would be ok if the snippets actually respawned, but I honestly dont think they do.

I've been checking every day multiple times for the last 2 weeks and still nothing spawns in the containers. After Blackivory told me it was hours to respawn I decided to hang out and check the containers every 30 mins or so. I've been doing this for the last 6 hours or so and still nothing has respawned.

I really need to complete this stupid mission so I can obtain access to the phoenix DB as well as access to the containers in the high sec logins that contain the ionic weapon parts.

I would really like to know what is going on with this mission. Honestly, it shouldnt take 2 weeks constantly checking for these parts to complete it. It makes no sense, unless the spawn is brocken and the GM's just don't realize it. If the spawn timer is ridiculously long for some reason could someone please tell me how long it is? I'm frustrated to no end with this mission and I need to complete it to continue in Hacknet.

dWintermut3
18-10-12, 08:46
It's a known bug, they don't spawn or if they do the time is measured it weeks.

My solution is to totally eliminate the run or reduce it to a level that is way more easily completed (turn in X number of spine-X drops?)

As it stands it takes GM intervention, which is a waste of their time or amazing luck.

I would further like to point out to the staff that these impossible quests are what spawns accusations of GM favoritism. Given a volunteer staff these accusations will never go away, but vital missions that the "average runner in the street" feel are impossible create accusations whenever someone is seen to have done them.

Reasonable, intelligent people realize that dumb luck and patience is the reason some people can ever do them... but the level of frustration created generates a desire to assign blame and the GM staff is an easy target.

J@ck on Cr@ck
18-10-12, 12:06
I can confirm that the code snippet respawn works! Its takes some hours for the snippets to respawn and you have to keep in mind you are not the only one checking for the snippets! I know its frustrating, believe me, I have been there.

Btw you do not need to complete the fergusson run to be able to access the phoenix db!

CMaster
18-10-12, 13:56
Phoenix DB is codebreaker mark 7s I believe, not Fergurson Run.

However, something by the sounds of it is clearly up with the snippet resawpn.
Jack - what's your reference for the respawn? Server? Date?
Because yes, it defintley worked at some point on Terra and Mars in the past. There's been a big question over it for a long while however, and Titan could be different again.

Faid
18-10-12, 16:40
I can confirm that the code snippet respawn works! Its takes some hours for the snippets to respawn and you have to keep in mind you are not the only one checking for the snippets! I know its frustrating, believe me, I have been there.

Btw you do not need to complete the fergusson run to be able to access the phoenix db!
No offense, but I don't believe you. I've been checking constantly for weeks now and last night I planted myself next to the containers for more than 6 hours checking every 20-30 mins.

I just checked Terra, Mars, and Titan and guess what... Nothing in any of the containers. Now if you're gonna try to tell me that people have been recently farming these on both terra and mars you're crazy. I have to conclude that the respawn is broken. So I'll ask any GM to please fix this with an npc or have someone spawn the items at the container, or whatever. I'm tired of messing with this stupid mission and I need to complete it in order to get the ion parts from the high sec logins.

Please will some GM help with this.

Trivaldi
18-10-12, 17:03
Can you provide me with a detailed run through of the steps you're taking, to get where you are up to? NPCs, sectors, containers etc etc.

I'll take a look and see if I can identify any issues in the mission itself to hopefully fix those issues if/where they occur for the next patch. If I can identify a definite issue in the mission, we'll hopefully be able to provide a work around until we can patch/fix it.

Faid
18-10-12, 18:08
Ferguson located in tech haven sector 2 gives the mission. All he asks is that you run into the damaged storage data bases located inside the tech haven bridgelink and retrieve code snippets from the containers inside these damaged storage areas. There are 3 damaged storage area's inside the tech haven bridge link. Each are has multiple containers that are accessible, these containers are supposed to have the code snippets in them, but they dont. this is the part I'm stuck on. All the lootable storage containers in all 3 of the damaged storage areas are always empty. Thankyou for trying to help with this Trivaldi, I appreciate it greatly.

J@ck on Cr@ck
18-10-12, 19:33
Calling me a liar is not a nice thing to do!
Do you want me to show you the snippets I have? Or the rare code fragments I have downloaded already?

The RESPAWN IS NOT BROKEN! It simply takes a very very long time to respawn.
I wrote a ticket because I myself believed the spawn was broken. After that I have been finding code snippets on more than one occasion! And yes I am talking about TITAN.
One thing that IS MISSING is the DB to download rare codefragment #1. I do not know if the rare code fragments #4 and #5 in the low and mid sec logins are respawning propperly though.
Did it ever occur to you Faid that the spawn might be more like 12 hours or maybe even 24 hours? Again you are not the only one looking for these snippets!

gstyle40
18-10-12, 21:19
If it only respawns once a day something needs fixing. That's absurd!

J@ck on Cr@ck
18-10-12, 21:41
Well the ionic weapons are powerfull. Think of it as similar to woc, it takes time to achieve.
I dont know how often the snippets respawn that was just an idea! Maybe the content of the containers doesnt respawn all at the same time? Why dont you go find out yourself!

Faid
18-10-12, 22:10
Or the spawn could be broken and the guy who got the original spawn of snippets doesnt want anyone else to obtain them. 2 weeks of constantly looking for these snippets seems to be too long of a time to find these snippets. I did this mission multiple times on both terra and mars and the respawn of these items were normal for a mission that wants you to go somewhere and retrieve something. Something has changed with this mission, if that change was to make the respawn of the snippets obnoxciously long then surely the change would have been documented somewhere by KK.

My point is that they never said anywhere that they were making the respawn retardedly longer, therefore I can only conclude that it is bugged or broken all together. I don't want player speculation, I want an official response, which is what Trivaldi is trying to do I believe.

Did it ever occur to you Faid that the spawn might be more like 12 hours or maybe even 24 hours? Again you are not the only one looking for these snippets!
I might go along with this if I hadn't been looking for weeks now. I checked on Terra and Mars this morning to test this resapwn theory of yours and they are all empty, I doubt very much people are searching for the snippets on those servers. This again leads me to believe that the respawn is broken.

J@ck on Cr@ck
18-10-12, 23:53
Wow Faid! So you think Im an evil mastermind or what?
Im am pretty sure I was not the first to loot the containers since I have been checking them for a bit more than a week.
What has the spawn on mars and terra to do with the spawn on titan?
Maybe the spawn on mars and terra is bugged, but the spawn on TITAN is working fine now, since I have send a couple of tickets to BlackIvory! Tried to contact you earlier, but major iceborg told me you wont be online anytime soon. You online now?

ComatoseD
18-10-12, 23:54
This took me an insanley long time to complete back on Terra.

However many of the containers were bugged, meaning that the potential spawn location were greatly limited.

My hacknet chr will soon be ready to try this again on Titan, I hope it is feasable to complete.

ComatoseD
19-10-12, 01:39
One thing that IS MISSING is the DB to download rare codefragment #1. I do not know if the rare code fragments #4 and #5 in the low and mid sec logins are respawning propperly though.

Rare Code Fragment 1 was also broken on Terra and as I recall Hoder created a fix.

Rather than repairing the terminal that is supposed to give you the fragment he made a new termainal in the same hacknet zone to dispense it.

Faid
19-10-12, 01:53
Wow Faid! So you think Im an evil mastermind or what?
Im am pretty sure I was not the first to loot the containers since I have been checking them for a bit more than a week.
What has the spawn on mars and terra to do with the spawn on titan?
Maybe the spawn on mars and terra is bugged, but the spawn on TITAN is working fine now, since I have send a couple of tickets to BlackIvory! Tried to contact you earlier, but major iceborg told me you wont be online anytime soon. You online now?

I don't think you are an evil mastermind lol I just want an official explanation for this mission, I would like to know why it has such a ridiculous respawn rate if indeed it isn't bugged or broken. And I'm usually on from 8pm EST :)

J@ck on Cr@ck
19-10-12, 02:04
When I wrote a ticket about the broken fergusson mission BlackIvory told me that Hoder made a fix for the snippet respawn. Apparently this fix wasnt applied to Titan. But as I said before the spawn is working now (if you believe it or not!). The DB for rare code fragment #1 is/was still missing though. I wrote a ticket already and BlackIvory will look into this.
I dont know why I am writing this, since nobody believes me anyway.

I just feel bad for the GMs wasting their time on this issue where there really is no problem (except what I have mentioned).

I will try to contact you tomorrow.

Faid
19-10-12, 03:27
I dont need you to contact me m8 lol And in regards to their not being a problem, there most certainly is a problem. The spawn, if it occurs at all, is not correct. It was messed up on Terra, it was messed up on Mars, and now it is messed up on Titan. Do you think that they fixed the issue before starting Titan? Because from what I understand Titan is an exact copy of Terra and Mars.

The Ferguson mission is a huge part of being a hacknet spy, if it really is just a stupidly long respawn timer then someone should change the NPC script to say: "go into hacknet and check endlessly for weeks on end to maybe find these code snippets" "Oh and by the way, you only have 30 hrs to complete this mission." Everybody knows that something is wrong with this mission, it shouldn't be this difficult, unless something is broken.

J@ck on Cr@ck
19-10-12, 10:58
Dude are you even reading my posts?!
The spawn was messed up, but after writing a ticket the spawn did occur and I was able to loot the containers multiple times since, but obviously you still wont believe me which is why I want to contact you ingame, so you can stop saying its broken.
But I guess no matter what I say you wont believe me anyway, even if I showed you the snippets ingame you would still say the spawn is broken because you are not looting it ...

FYI I wrote the ticket on monday 15.10.12!

Faid
19-10-12, 12:08
Honestly I don't think you're reading my posts.

I would like an official response, not a player response. Trivaldi said he was going to look into it, so hopefully he will have something to tell me.

CMaster
19-10-12, 14:22
You found them after putting in tickets about it? So it could be that a GM has been going around putting them in containers then (this has been part of the confusion for a while).

Also, the time/power argument is nonsence. The time in getting Ionic BPs is in farming the TH BL mobs to get codefragments 6-9, not in a mission that has taken Faid weeks to still not complete...

J@ck on Cr@ck
19-10-12, 14:39
BlackIvory told me Hoder has created a fix for this issue some time ago, but that he would consult him to make sure the spawn is not broken and works as intended. Since then I have been finding snippets, so I assume that the spawn was broken and the fix was applied after my tickets.

Lets just was for an official statement on this issue ...

Trivaldi
19-10-12, 14:46
We're looking into it when we can, we'll reopen the thread to share our findings. Please be aware this may take some time. Moved to bug reports and closed for now, we've gathered the feedback we need.