PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Areas of Neocron

Jameson Clarke
10-10-12, 19:32
The city of Neocron is covered in numerous sealed off, unused, or forgotten areas. I've become quite addicted to finding these little spots. Sometimes, with a little luck and research, some history behind each area can be found.

Tell-tale signs of these places are the usual rusty "blockfence" that eats drones when it is used to cover holes and the aging wooden fence that ignores lighting changes.

So, to the more adventurous runners, what hidden areas have you found?

I'll start:

Behind the Outzone church is a tunnel system that leads to an unused door.

I have no idea if there was an intended use for this area or if it ever had a use, but any history on this location would be great.

ariall
10-10-12, 19:58
What about the "Big Yellow Ball" at MB? Does it still exist?

Drachenpaladin
10-10-12, 20:01
Pepper Park 3 GR has such blocked off fences too.
Also in the OZ with that rift and green water there are sealed off areas either.

Drachenpaladin
10-10-12, 20:01
What about the "Big Yellow Ball" at MB? Does it still exist?

It should.

Forget My Name
10-10-12, 20:03
Which is the banned zone? Outzone 8 or 9? I forget.

Also... Bum Asylum... Seriously... Best area of the game... housing for bums.... Still nicer than the apartments people get in the Outzones.

Riddle
10-10-12, 20:19
What about the "Big Yellow Ball" at MB? Does it still exist? o it exists ......
http://wiki.techhaven.org/Main_Page

CMaster
10-10-12, 20:46

Also... Bum Asylum... Seriously... Best area of the game... housing for bums.... Still nicer than the apartments people get in the Outzones.

Also, I think some of those fences you are mentioning really are just there to be fences. Sure, they've been the GM team's no1 chhoice for blocking places off - but the model existed for a reason in the first place.

Chuck Norris
10-10-12, 22:01
i'd post some pics and some stories but they'd probably get erased like before, techhaven has a few fun spots to find :)

Check behind everything

CMaster
10-10-12, 22:03
Hell, the secret FA HQ in TH is an absolute nightmare to find, on a par with the ByB (maybe even worse).

And no, the security centre isn't the secret HQ before anybody chirps up. This one has FSMs, offices, etc.

Chuck Norris
10-10-12, 22:05
Hell, the secret FA HQ in TH is an absolute nightmare to find, on a par with the ByB (maybe even worse).

And no, the security centre isn't the secret HQ before anybody chirps up. This one has FSMs, offices, etc.

the one with the barkeep named "H****** Delight" ? ;p

the other one is just a secret backdoor

Haxxor
10-10-12, 22:18
OZ 7 - Was discussed in game the other day i thought it looked like a church from the shape but i was told its a Disused Power plant.

Overall much needs to be done to the game world. The MB entrance for example, that lift shaft that's been there for god knows how long how about for a future patch making it a grav lift.

Big Yellow ball? how about a weird green wall.

http://i48.tinypic.com/9teryr.jpg

Jameson Clarke
10-10-12, 22:44

If I remember right Outzone 7 had spawning issues and they shut it down since they could not get a reasonable fix. I'd love to see that place open back up just to explore it.

Also, I think some of those fences you are mentioning really are just there to be fences. Sure, they've been the GM team's no1 chhoice for blocking places off - but the model existed for a reason in the first place.

Some of those fences are orginal, but you can also tell when they are placed after the fact. The Agg Cellers have some obvious orginal fences and several that were added later. It seems like at one time the cellers were a lot more open.

Trivaldi
10-10-12, 22:47
Some of those fences are orginal, but you can also tell when they are placed after the fact. The Agg Cellers have some obvious orginal fences and several that were added later. It seems like at one time the cellers were a lot more open.
Ever been to the main sewer? ;)

\\Fényx//
10-10-12, 22:54
If I remember right Outzone 7 had spawning issues and they shut it down since they could not get a reasonable fix. I'd love to see that place open back up just to explore it.

pretty sure that it was a mapping issue, you could get up onto the top of the map and fall off the "world" in a few places

I recall being able to go into the water at some point, dont know if it was beta or even early retail, either that or it was just a screwed up reset point that dropped you in there... its been a long time.

The neocron Main Sewers is a massive place thats hardly used by anyone, its mostly low level mobs there, upto the /30ish creatures like spiders etc.

Theres also Einstein (is he still there tapping away ?)

When you say the hidden FA HQ, is that the area you had to enter crawling through ducts and stuff ? rarely explored there much, memory is foggy, was usually getting shot at too much being tangent for most my tanks career :P

Theres the nuke silo's at MB, gotta pass them on the way to the byb.

I miss the old shops in industrial...

Torg
10-10-12, 23:06
main sewer has some of the best bugs neocron has to offer. spooky. don't go there. seriously.

L0KI
10-10-12, 23:07

I have, and know exactly what you mean.

Amazing how much there really is to explore in this game.

CMaster
10-10-12, 23:11
Mainsewers is so consistently disssapointing.

Maybe something can be done if content generation gets going again.

Forget My Name
10-10-12, 23:23
I wandered into the main sewers. Mostly empty. bored. Came across a door I had to hack to get in. Never went back. Such a terrible waste of space.

Okay... Pepper Park Sewers... Some of them have this door on level two, I believe, near the start where you click on it, but you can't enter it. I remember coming across it back in 2002, and it has always mystified me. It is still there.

What is behind it? Why is it inaccessible?

\\Fényx//
10-10-12, 23:31
I wandered into the main sewers. Mostly empty. bored. Came across a door I had to hack to get in. Never went back. Such a terrible waste of space.

Okay... Pepper Park Sewers... Some of them have this door on level two, I believe, near the start where you click on it, but you can't enter it. I remember coming across it back in 2002, and it has always mystified me. It is still there.

What is behind it? Why is it inaccessible?

the end of the sewer youre in :P its a loop. Hack the door for a quick exit after getting to the end, or run all the way back around.

Forget My Name
10-10-12, 23:41
the end of the sewer youre in :P its a loop. Hack the door for a quick exit after getting to the end, or run all the way back around.

Ugh.... 10 year mystery gone.... over that? A loop? You ruined my memory with a loop that requires hacking? Ugh...

Jameson Clarke
10-10-12, 23:41

Hmm, directions or at least a hint?

Half the fun with the exploration is finding the ties the location has with the lore. The world is shockingly well thought out and there are a TON of places that have unspoken uses.

Kind of like how the Outzone was once the main housing districts in Neocron until the Irata III colony project started back up. The Outzone went full on Detroit level abandoned and the mutants and criminals drove out the Copbot patrols. The sudden drop in city population is causing the entire Outzone to decay so bad that most of the Industrial Sector is starting to fester with the same urban decay.

Instead of the death of an auto industry in a Detroit it was the death of NEXT's space program.

CMaster
10-10-12, 23:52
Highly Ghetto MS map:

http://cmaster.linxsoft.co.uk/images/forumstuff/MS%20map.GIF
The crossed through line indicates a 1 way transition.

Haxxor
11-10-12, 02:26
Mainsewers is so consistently disssapointing.

Theres a really good sector in Main Sewers for low level lvling think its 6 or 7 the one with the secret door in the wall, loads of rats, mutants and the odd aggressor.

Main Sewer is another example of a great potential going to waste.
Create npc missions in hqs "Main Sewer is infested it's affecting business........... go to Main Sewer Sector 4 talk to pest control NPC" "Kill me 10 rats 10 mutants and 5 aggressors then return to hq" "thank you here's your reward" Reward 15,000 Cr All Skills 3000 Exp.

Drachenpaladin
11-10-12, 02:36
Not directly hidden but as forgotten as well: The NC Zoo. ;)

Chuck Norris
11-10-12, 02:42
there are some lightsaber regent lab 64 guys in the main sewer somewhere also, was ages ago forget where

Jameson Clarke
11-10-12, 02:59

Gotta take girls to the zoo for dates. Girls love zoos.

Crodus
11-10-12, 04:56
I remember in beta and early release there was a chain link fence in Plaza...I can't remember which sector but I want to say it was near the Medi. You could get through it in just the right spot and there were some ramps that went up and back into an area that was pretty much useless but fun to get into ....lol. Its been so long I dont remember where the spot is. I remember seeing it later on covered up with regular city wall.

Torg
11-10-12, 09:43
I want Plaza 5 and Outzone 7 back. They're sitting in the dark, waiting for us. And i want more things going on in the empty eastern mines.

Dissenter
11-10-12, 10:10

Before it became a zoo wasn't this the Stock X / Bank building? How about the Job Centre in P2, another derelict space :/

Load
11-10-12, 10:10
I remember vaguely clicking a funny rock out in the East K sectors that started a mission, anyone else have any idea what it was for as I cant really remember

oh and NCPD in Via Rosso is another fairly unused space

Dru Blood
11-10-12, 10:12
I remember vaguely clicking a funny rock out in the East K sectors that started a mission, anyone else have any idea what it was for as I cant really remember

oh and NCPD in Via Rosso is another fairly unused space

This is for the Butchee knuckles mission If i remember correctly. Never done it as I've never had a Mellee since NC1

Haxxor
11-10-12, 12:15
I want Plaza 5 and Outzone 7 back. They're sitting in the dark, waiting for us. And i want more things going on in the empty eastern mines.

Plaza 5?

there are some lightsaber regent lab 64 guys in the main sewer somewhere also, was ages ago forget where

Different Sewer they're in Gaia mine Sector 2 where you go for the chran epic theres a Tacholytium Titan Warbot there. In the building there the S.T.O.R.M Bot used to spawn. If you enter the door in the building you will end up swimming through green pipes and come out in some rooms with mutants with lightsabers, continue further and you end up swimming up a pipe right in the middle of regents mobs.

Dissenter
11-10-12, 12:25
There's a few interesting bits in Ind 1 + 2, infact I reckon these zones should give a tradskill bonus or have the smugglers in :P

Brammers
11-10-12, 12:31
So has anyone found the TG Volcano? :D

Drachenpaladin
11-10-12, 12:43

Pics! :p

Oh and not to forget the sealed area we discovered some time ago (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?144900-Wait-a-minute-lets-be-serious-here&p=2178230&viewfull=1#post2178230), that is probably GM access only.

PS: Dark Metal :)

Herrad
11-10-12, 13:03
Different Sewer they're in Gaia mine Sector 2 where you go for the chran epic theres a Tacholytium Titan Warbot there. In the building there the S.T.O.R.M Bot used to spawn. If you enter the door in the building you will end up swimming through green pipes and come out in some rooms with mutants with lightsabers, continue further and you end up swimming up a pipe right in the middle of regents mobs.

Hmm, someone's never done the Regant labs mission...

Riddle
11-10-12, 13:24
There are loads of disused areas :( even in P1 where you all hang out is an entire Con centre you'll find no one in! We used to meet there for battle group briefings prior to op wars on Saturn, was funny as hell as clan leader could hardly control the crowd :D

was I suppose role play of sorts rather than, "all rep to cycrow" and PVP.....

Satan2k2
11-10-12, 13:28

Yes :)

There are loads of disused areas :( even in P1 where you all hang out is an entire Con centre you'll find no one in! We used to meet there for battle group briefings prior to op wars on Saturn, was funny as hell as clan leader could hardly control the crowd :D

In NC1 Times we used it for meetings of our clan alliance :)

Haxxor
11-10-12, 14:41
Hmm, someone's never done the Regant labs mission...

Hands up lol

Haxxor
11-10-12, 14:46
There are loads of disused areas :( even in P1 where you all hang out is an entire Con centre you'll find no one in!

I'll go 1 better than that what about the Job Centre in P2 ? Is it part of any mission or serve any purpose other than alot of CA NPCs?

Darkener
11-10-12, 14:48
Love this thread, it reminds me of one of the things that attracted me to neocron in the first place. So many places to explorer so many cool things, i remember spending hours of my time in the sewers in OZ ect.

It would be epic to get a completely rebuild game with fewer zone syncs and updated graphics because to my memory there were some really beautiful places back in the day for the graphics that existed

Dribble Joy
11-10-12, 14:51
Electric Shark.

Trivaldi
11-10-12, 15:34
Electric Shark.
Have you been playing too much Banjo Kazooie (http://banjokazooie.wikia.com/wiki/Clanker)?

Linear
11-10-12, 16:05
How about a secret entrance to Canyons? or Area 51? :)

Satan2k2
11-10-12, 16:26

Have you been playing too much Banjo Kazooie (http://banjokazooie.wikia.com/wiki/Clanker)?

I did :D

But I think he meant at the coast?

Drachenpaladin
11-10-12, 16:34
But I think he meant at the coast?

Wut? Where?

Satan2k2
11-10-12, 17:03
Sharks are living under water in the sea. So where do you get some to see? :)

Drachenpaladin
11-10-12, 17:18
Sharks are living under water in the sea. So where do you get some to see? :)

There are actually things there?! All i ever found was nothingness^^

Riddle
11-10-12, 17:21
Wanna know a secret? Wherever you go /sex works except down the pub :p

Spoon
11-10-12, 17:26
I'll start:

Behind the Outzone church is a tunnel system that leads to an unused door.

I have no idea if there was an intended use for this area or if it ever had a use, but any history on this location would be great.

I think that used to lead to the Crahn chruch(the main church, old crahn HQ, I think) in OZ 9, where there were venders, a GR and a bunch of hack boxes.
There was also a secret tunnel that lead to the wastelands from the church, that area of the church and tunnel is now sealed off...

Also in the Industrial Lab sectors there used to be venders that sold PSI spells, implants and ammo etc...
Outzone 1 used to have venders in it too, some may still be there, I think because Crahn runners used start in the Outzone(mainly OZ1), and their appartments were there, in OZ 3 there are still two sealed appartment lift doors, now sure if they were ever really used though..

Drachenpaladin
11-10-12, 17:28
There was also a secret tunnel that lead to the wastelands from the church, that area of the church and tunnel is now sealed off...

Nope. Church and tunnel are still accessible.

Satan2k2
11-10-12, 17:32
There are actually things there?! All i ever found was nothingness^^

There were... but it's only a myth. :D

RogerRamjet
11-10-12, 21:10
Someone should run a tour of all these places :D

Sammson
11-10-12, 23:18
The hidden lake in K-08, K-09, behind the game limit hills, I synched in there a few times in Neocron 1, full of spiders and crabs.

Haxxor
11-10-12, 23:56
Tons of sealed doors in NC like the yellow one at bottom of MB Entrance.

Chuck Norris
12-10-12, 01:32
isnt there some cave you can only get to by flying to along the northernmost wall somewhere I think i remember reading about it.

And some fake island story!

Bozz-Von Mel
12-10-12, 03:57
It's the secret island in A-16. I actually convinced someone to try and swim there once.

yavimaya
12-10-12, 04:15
It's the secret island in A-16. I actually convinced someone to try and swim there once.

Secret island hmmmm
A-16 you say, might have to check that one out.

Britney
12-10-12, 11:13
Theres a rehab in K161 they even have a drug smuggler somewhere inside!

Drachenpaladin
12-10-12, 12:02
The dome holds the one or the other secret too. Like the hidden area inside the abandoned FA HQ.

Hoder
12-10-12, 22:30
I love all this hidden zone chat!

So much so, I've resurrected an old zone for you on Titan. You can access it via an "easter egg" I've hidden somewhere in Tech Haven. Good luck finding it :)

flib
12-10-12, 22:41
Hodor!

Haxxor
12-10-12, 23:31

So much so, I've resurrected an old zone for you on Titan. You can access it via an "easter egg" I've hidden somewhere in Tech Haven. Good luck finding it :)

Watches everyone run off to TH :lol:

delphinius
12-10-12, 23:41

You should make the GR work. So we can activate it. and be awesome.

flib
12-10-12, 23:42
Delphinius and I found it :)

Kaldera
13-10-12, 00:56
Delphinius and I found it :)

Show some pics :D

yavimaya
13-10-12, 03:14
Show some pics :D

Yes, pics or gtfo.

flib
13-10-12, 06:17
That's okay, I'll let you guys figure it out on your own. ;)

Drachenpaladin
13-10-12, 06:19
What did actually happen to the Droner Race Track?

Kane Gregory
13-10-12, 11:32
gnah...I don't find it! Searched an hour :| I rarly visit techhaven so I don't catch changes...

Dissenter
13-10-12, 12:40
Found the zone I think, with the Drone Racetrack, kinda cool - never seen it before :)

[K1]Luke
13-10-12, 15:54
I'm enjoying all this talk! I'll go visit Techhaven soon and see if I can find the easter egg. This talk about the main sewer though, where about is it? I'm trying to think if it's somewhere I've visited before, so if anyone can let me know where the main entrance is that'll help ^^

Britney
13-10-12, 16:18
Luke;2192713']This talk about the main sewer though, where about is it? I'm trying to think if it's somewhere I've visited before, so if anyone can let me know where the main entrance is that'll help ^^

Pepper park 3 down the stairs theres a hydraulic latch leading to it. And various Outzone and aggie cellars

[K1]Luke
13-10-12, 16:29
Ah yes I remember it now, I'm not sure I've explored that sewer entirely so that may be fun!

Kaldera
13-10-12, 19:10

Is it a zone you have enter trough another or directly from TH1,2 or 3

delphinius
14-10-12, 02:43
Pepper park 3 down the stairs theres a hydraulic latch leading to it. And various Outzone and aggie cellars

I must check this out. Exploring neocron has lead to a whole new world of fun to be had in this game! It's even better than before. Now if only we can get some more events going :-/!

Mr. Kassad
14-10-12, 03:29
I am not an oldtimer like all the Beta 1 guys but I played Neocron 2 for more than 3 years if I remember right. In all that time I only found 3 of the here mentioned areas.
It's really astounding how much secrets Neocron holds sector-wise. I can only imagine how much of NC changed from NC 1 to now and how many sectors changed, disappeared or were added until now. I bet even the devs don't know every single change in the world of NC.

This is one of the reasons why Neocron is so special. It has REAL secrets. There are lots of secrets that are only known by a hand full of people. When you find a legacy sector (if its not sealed) you can imagine by the remains what it was used for and so on.

This is a kind of magic that no other game ever archived.

I really wish that some secrets get revealed here so we can all enjoy it. But I know: No matter how much will be relvealed here, there will be always more sectors that only a hand full of people knows about it.......

Drachenpaladin
14-10-12, 04:17
No matter how much will be relvealed here, there will be always more sectors that only a hand full of people knows about it.......

Like the Sewer of no return ^^

Haxxor
14-10-12, 12:01
Also, I think some of those fences you are mentioning really are just there to be fences. Sure, they've been the GM team's no1 chhoice for blocking places off

http://i49.tinypic.com/1z3saah.jpg

Blocking places off or?

nEo-1664
14-10-12, 13:04

Blocking places off or?

Sometimes there are exceptions to the rule....

This is the 1%...

:p

CMaster
14-10-12, 13:18
Ahh yes.
2.1 had some errr, interesting consequences in a few places.

Ascension
15-10-12, 07:02

Blocking places off or?

Submit it as a bug :)

dark_reaper
15-10-12, 10:26
I recall being able to go into the water at some point, dont know if it was beta or even early retail, either that or it was just a screwed up reset point that dropped you in there... its been a long time.

When you say the hidden FA HQ, is that the area you had to enter crawling through ducts and stuff ? rarely explored there much, memory is foggy, was usually getting shot at too much being tangent for most my tanks career :P

Theres the nuke silo's at MB, gotta pass them on the way to the byb.

I miss the old shops in industrial...

You could go in the water in the earlier version of NC, beta included. I also remember the silo, I cannot believe that it has been years now.

Drevious
15-10-12, 18:49
Submit it as a bug :)

That's not a bug its the fence blocking Mc5 10 meters ahead is a zone line when you zone the fence is where it should be, on the ground

\\Fényx//
15-10-12, 19:46
You could go in the water in the earlier version of NC, beta included. I also remember the silo, I cannot believe that it has been years now.
and the tree's ontop of the fence too after you zone :P

Kanedax
15-10-12, 21:51
Seems the MC5 fence/tree thing is inconsistent. For me, a few days ago, friday night maybe, the fence was on top of the tree when in h15 but upon driving under it in to h14 it had switched places with the tree.

Abdulklappstuhl
16-10-12, 01:57

Thank you Hoder.

Loved to explore the Haven again. TBH i found something while searching, what i didnt know for all the years.
And finally found the "easter egg" :)

Stolen
17-10-12, 16:11
I know that various "chain link walls" ie, aggie cellars, can be moved through using a drone. Don't move into the wall, let your drone sink into it. You can explore as far as you want before your drone loses connection.

William Antrim
17-10-12, 18:47
I want Pepper Pub back please and the NC Bank too. I loved that place.

dWintermut3
18-10-12, 10:39
I have to agree that this is one thing that seperates NC from all other MMOs.

Other MMORPGS that USED to be highly immersive with out-of-the-way vendors with unique items and a point to exploration have nerfed themselves into samey palp to satisfy the 13-year-old console-gamer newb crowds that dominate the marketplace today (I'm looking at you World of Warcraft, with your unique engineering patterns on vendors in alteriac mountains that you quietly removed).

Neocron is the one and only game that's resisted the tide and stayed true to the balls-out PvP, deep-immersion, fully-lore-based hardcore MMORPG roots.

To my mind it's the ONLY worthy successor to the giants of the genre like Ultima Online and Everquest.

Crodus
19-10-12, 02:47
In late beta I guess beta 4 and NC1 I discovered a spot in either F or E-11(South of Devereaux). I'd have to log in and look at the world map and sector map to locate it. I went there recently to see if it were still as I remember. Its not, apparently fixed. There is a "Kidney bean" shape of low land on the topo map. It is a very small corner of the zone. In the old days it was some kind of trap for HUNDREDS of fire mobs. I suppose you could call it exploiting, but we didn't really think anything other than it being part of the game at the time. We found a hot spot right? You could sit atop the hill side and fire AOE cannons into hundreds of 2 and 3 star fire mobs. It was literally the fire hell of Neocron. I know I can't be the only one to have discovered this spot...and I know I took others there with me. Anyone else remember this? I think it was the south east zone "corner" of F-11

Toast
19-10-12, 04:20
I remember when you showed me that!!! It was packed with fire mobs so thick you couldnt see through it! I remember zoning in and thinking FEEEEECK! Turned to run but I didn't even make a 180 before dropping LOL

Crodus
19-10-12, 04:50
Must have been my mid level ppu days, although I have to admit that corner of the playground was one of the deadliest on the world map. It was before mc5 was created.

Crodus
19-10-12, 05:05
;)

yavimaya
19-10-12, 07:45
In late beta I guess beta 4 and NC1 I discovered a spot in either F or E-11(South of Devereaux). I'd have to log in and look at the world map and sector map to locate it. I went there recently to see if it were still as I remember. Its not, apparently fixed. There is a "Kidney bean" shape of low land on the topo map. It is a very small corner of the zone. In the old days it was some kind of trap for HUNDREDS of fire mobs. I suppose you could call it exploiting, but we didn't really think anything other than it being part of the game at the time. We found a hot spot right? You could sit atop the hill side and fire AOE cannons into hundreds of 2 and 3 star fire mobs. It was literally the fire hell of Neocron. I know I can't be the only one to have discovered this spot...and I know I took others there with me. Anyone else remember this? I think it was the south east zone "corner" of F-11

I have a feeling you mean e-12, just at the south east corner of CRP.
I wouldnt call it a collection point as being right near the zone line and having mountains on almost all sides, i dont think they walked there.
But yea, this little section is kind of kidney shaped and to this day almost always has alot in it, not hundreds, but i wouldnt go there with anything less than a rhino. as there are 2-3 spawn points in that one little area.

Crodus
19-10-12, 16:26
Thanks Yavi...I'll take a look in e-12.

Phiberdelic
22-12-12, 03:06
I have always loved exploring NC world.

Try Abandoned FA HQ, firstly sit in the knocked down chair and move the mouse to look around...the controls are more than simply inverted. Next go to the bottom of the HQ, crouch and crawl through the ventalation system. Strange room with an army of beggars, and the final room containing 4 Anarchist Beggars 100/100.

IanKett
04-01-13, 16:13
Does anyone know how to get past these fences in Outzone sec-1 sewer?

http://i.imgur.com/dOOEe.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pNrOA.jpg

Torg
04-01-13, 16:17
Does anyone know how to get past these fences in Outzone sec-1 sewer? last time i visited this kind of sewer (back then in the Dome) one could use a ladder to another level and proceed. still need to test it again.

IanKett
04-01-13, 16:37
last time i visited this kind of sewer (back then in the Dome) one could use a ladder to another level and proceed. still need to test it again.

This place is located in outzone sec-1 near the indoor area where the pawn shop is, if you work it out give me a heads up mate

zii
04-01-13, 17:07

Ahh. that one took me a little while once when I was in TH, and then realised I had to use an exterior route to get there ;)

Trivaldi
04-01-13, 17:16
Does anyone know how to get past these fences in Outzone sec-1 sewer?
Sadly this is not an secretive hidden gem, just a bugged zone. We've fixed the issue on Vedeena and hope to be able to resolve on retail Soon™.

CMaster
04-01-13, 17:56
Ahh. that one took me a little while once when I was in TH, and then realised I had to use an exterior route to get there ;)

Nope. That's the security centre, which can incidentally also be reached from inside TH.

The secret HQ is much, much more hidden.

IanKett
04-01-13, 17:59
Nope. That's the security centre, which can incidentally also be reached from inside TH.

The secret HQ is much, much more hidden.

Is that the one you access from the core using the box to open the door?

Torg
04-01-13, 19:08
This place is located in outzone sec-1 near the indoor area where the pawn shop is, if you work it out give me a heads up matebeen there, done that, no t-shirt or anything else. in fact (and as stated above) this sewer isnt like it should be. i guess it mutated while moving from DoY to NC OZ. there should be other sewers of this type, lets find out if theyre all bonked or just this one.

Garfield
05-01-13, 02:49
iirc there are two boxed door openers in TH...

Trivaldi
05-01-13, 17:31
Regarding the broken Outzone 1 sewer... (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?146971-R-176-Outzone-Sewer-Bugged&p=2198844#post2198844)

unc0nnected
05-01-13, 19:10
Regarding the broken Outzone 1 sewer... (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?146971-R-176-Outzone-Sewer-Bugged&p=2198844#post2198844)

That's awesome, nice work!

Spiro
05-01-13, 22:05

Shhhh, don't!

I've been trapped there for almost 5 hours till I found the exit (/set kill_self 1). Somebody told me that there is a special trader for ammo (AK as far as i remember, or spirit ammo for SH, not sure about this anymore) all I could discover was water, mutants and f***** rats.

Don't go there if you haven't got plenty of time or a good sense of orientation...

Vorak
05-01-13, 22:37
....Don't go there if you haven't got plenty of time or a good sense of orientation...

I near went mad trying to find my way out.

Dope
08-01-13, 10:25
Mainsewer was a favorite "secret" place to wander in the old days, as well as Drone Racetrack, though there was never anyone there to race. What happened to the "secret" BD hideout? I went looking the other day and couldn't find it, and not so much a "hidden zone" but more a nostalgic easter egg, but does anyone remember the vehicle graveyard? (Lose your vehicle to sync bug, go find it in a parking lot of lost vehicles?)

Torg
08-01-13, 17:17
What happened to the "secret" BD hideout?)Secret BD HQ and Secret Passage are both still there and worth exploring.

Garfield
09-01-13, 10:20
the tunnel into the canyon still "blocked"?

Prodigious
10-01-13, 18:33
Secret BD HQ and Secret Passage are both still there and worth exploring.

Didn't tanks level in there because you could shoot rockets against walls to damage the high level BD guards whilst not getting hit by them, but you were levelling your constitution from your own rockets? Obviously a PPU friend was required!

William Antrim
10-01-13, 21:44
Prod that was an exploit... :)

Prodigious
10-01-13, 22:02
Yeah I was kinda meant to mention that bit about it being an exploit. Slipped through the net! I in no way condone exploiting the Black Dragon guards!!

Drachenpaladin
10-01-13, 23:01
Neither do the BD Guards!

Izeo
20-01-13, 10:50
Maybe someone can identify this wasteland sector? ..:)

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/16/15352/thumb_620x2000/dxl_ver014_4.png

Garfield
20-01-13, 12:31
newest vers off Zelda ?

IanKett
20-01-13, 17:26
Maybe someone can identify this wasteland sector? ..:)

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/16/15352/thumb_620x2000/dxl_ver014_4.png

http://daggerxl.wordpress.com/page/5/

Izeo
21-01-13, 00:36
Noo, I swear it's not Daggerfall, the Elder Scrolls game before Morrowind! See, look closely, here's the same exact scene from another angle
http://images.mmosite.com/photo/2006/07/03/nc2_sc42546370iFun.jpg

IanKett
23-01-13, 20:24
Noo, I swear it's not Daggerfall, the Elder Scrolls game before Morrowind! See, look closely, here's the same exact scene from another angle
http://images.mmosite.com/photo/2006/07/03/nc2_sc42546370iFun.jpg

It's completely different.

Does Neocron often get confused and use daggerfalls hud too?
..Or change textures?
Who are you trying to fool?

Izeo
26-01-13, 10:11
Was just kidding around. I was browsing through Daggerfall screenshots recently and I thought it was cool/funny (mostly just cool) that the DF screen highly resembled those many ruins you find in the wastelands. Maybe it's just me, but I can imagine a big spiderbot and warbot in the background hills in that DF shot, lol.

(although, it's actually a DF mod with an enhanced light engine, but there we go)