PDA

View Full Version : Drones: Bigger Hitbox

Ivan Eres
10-10-12, 17:23
There was a suggestion by several players to make the hitbox of the drones much bigger.

This way it could be prevented that they can hide in some walls and in other penetrable obstructions.

I do not know if this is possible in the code or if the mobs really use the hitbox to aim and not some other mechanism, but if so this could be a good solution to prevent some of the bugs.

Regards

Forget My Name
10-10-12, 17:49
Drones are fine as is. They've been messed with years ago. Leave drones alone.

Problem is the level designs, and the Devs are already addressing the issue. So don't worry, the levels are being fixed.

CMaster
10-10-12, 17:50
There was a suggestion by several players to make the hitbox of the drones much bigger.

This way it could be prevented that they can hide in some walls and in other penetrable obstructions.

I do not know if this is possible in the code or if the mobs really use the hitbox to aim and not some other mechanism, but if so this could be a good solution to prevent some of the bugs.

Regards

Yeah, hitboxes are very, very rarely used in NC really, and certainly not an issue for either drone or character safespotting.
Remember: very few weapons in NC are true projectiles (basically a small selection of player AoE). Most simply do a dice roll to hit, and then deal damage if the roll to hit is good and there is LoS between weapon point and a handle on the target. The beams/bolts/whatever are just visual fluff.
That said, a sufficiently big collision hull for drones would prevent them getting in to key spaces to do this, but at the expense of making them a pain to use.

DR REED
10-10-12, 18:00
Therfore that drones cannot:

- use speed tanking
- clip around
- be saved by a ppu

this would let especially in high level caves/ at harder Mobs to a complete bad unbiased modification. Unbiased modifications are no "balancing" at all. This would require a increase of HPs or defense/ tank of the drones. But this would probably lead on the other hand to "unbalanced" situations in pvp. Nerfing Items in favour for pvp we had bad results, look at the Silent Hunter for example.

I hope this will not lead to the notorious statement of "take drones out of the game".

Even if it is permanent claimed that drones have a big advantage in making money and/ or xp, this isn't making it more real.

Ever leveled a hacker in hacknet ? This can be a wonderful "leveling machine" and he has very good revenues. Same is true for every other AoE damage using method.

After all the years in Neocron my experiences show that real balancing isn't simple change, but complex operation which is taking in consideration lots of facts. More, than most of these posts like this one do.

Don't make it too simple, pls........

Reed

DR REED
10-10-12, 18:02
Drones are fine as is. They've been messed with years ago. Leave drones alone.

Problem is the level designs, and the Devs are already addressing the issue. So don't worry, the levels are being fixed.

100% agree.....

Reed