PDA

View Full Version : Implant Calculator

Herrad
10-10-12, 10:26
Hi all,

I've been working on a small tool that maybe of use when levelling, an implant calculator. Essentially, it requests:

Your class
The main skill requirement of the weapons your using, e.g. Dexterity for rifles, Strength for cannons, etc.
Your combat subskill e.g. R-C for rifles, etc.
Your current base skill level (the actual skill, like Dexterity)

Then it goes off and works out what weapons you can currently use (without implants), which implants you can use, taking into account your updated level each time an implant is added and spits out a list of weapons you can use in your new implanted state.

The data is all from the THN (tip of the hat to it's creator for the wonderful API), and each row can be clicked to bring up the associated THN item page.

The tool can be found at http://www.synth-soft.com/

Known issues:

The XML feed is set to refresh from the THN every week, it occasionally fails and no items are brought back when you click submit. If this happens while you're using it, reply to this thread or PM me and I'll fix it.

Same goes for any other issues or improvements you come up with.

EDIT: It kinda falls apart at higher levels (when it starts telling you to wear 3 MC5s if you're a spy), I've come up with a few ways of fixing this, none of which I'm happy with yet. It's not a major priority as the tool is designed to be a levelling aid rather than an end game setup builder (at this stage).

Doc Holliday
10-10-12, 10:34
playing with it now. its VERY VERY good. ;)

Forget My Name
10-10-12, 10:47
Pretty nifty MC5/WOC calculator :)

Satan2k2
10-10-12, 12:02
Nice work!

Herrad
10-10-12, 12:56
Pretty nifty MC5/WOC calculator :)

Hmm, might be ok for tanks, but as it's priority is highest skill level possible, spies get a crazy RD, DIP, CCP combo. Could see it being useful for PEs though.

nEo-1664
10-10-12, 13:28
Fantastic tool! Used it a lot already, and I have had it added onto the Fansites & Resources thread too :)

Great work Herrad! :)

Haxxor
10-10-12, 13:36
Impressive work mate.

For CST would it be possible to tweak it to use CST chips?

nEo-1664
10-10-12, 13:51
Impressive work mate.

Or maybe another drop down menu to select what preference you would like. Either highest achievable main skill level, or highest achievable sub-skill level :)

Herrad
10-10-12, 13:59
Impressive work mate.

Quite possibly, at the moment the sub skill selection is used as a sort of "what not to nerf" when calculating chips.

The real challenge of doing this is coming up with a way for it to decide when to prioritise subskill bonuses over main skill bonuses. For the time being though, I'll probably just either give users another checkbox for it or have it prioritise subskill higher when the user picks a tradeskill. The first one is preferable cause that'll be useful for people looking at high end combat setups too who probably don't want a physics III chip in cause it gives more strength...

flib
10-10-12, 14:04
Wow, this is really cool! I look forward to seeing where this goes. It might just give NSkill a run for its money. :)

Drachenpaladin
10-10-12, 15:02
Neat tool. But it does not take bones into account, doesn't it?

Satan2k2
10-10-12, 15:10
It only takes implants with +skill in account and bones don't have boni like +dex oder +str.

Herrad
10-10-12, 15:19
Neat tool. But it does not take bones into account, doesn't it?

No, those are out of the scope of the tool at the moment. It's designed to be used by players who don't have much experience with a particular combat skill, or those who can't be bothered figuring it out themselves (I count myself in the latter category). So they can quickly see the best weapon available to thembased on the implants they can use. As most players' restriction will be main skills, it only shows implants (and PAs) that give bonuses to their chosen main skill.

Brammers
10-10-12, 16:49
It is truly an excellent tool for helping level up on Titan. I admit I don't use the implants it suggests, but it's great for seeing how far off next weapon is. Nice work Herrad. :)

...and of course it's cool to see someone putting the THN API to good use. :cool:

Satan2k2
10-10-12, 16:56
It is truly an excellent tool for helping level up on Titan. I admit I don't use the implants it suggests, but it's great for seeing how far off next weapon is. Nice work Herrad. :)

...and of course it's cool to see someone putting the THN API to good use. :cool:

How can I use the THN API (connect to it)?

In the list of API Commands I didn't found something like that (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Category:THN_API_commands)

Herrad
10-10-12, 17:14
How can I use the THN API (connect to it)?

In the list of API Commands I didn't found something like that (http://wiki.techhaven.org/Category:THN_API_commands)

It's a SOAP API, look into using that. So long as you're familiar with Visual Studio it's really easy to include them as part of a .NET application. You'll need access though so it's worth having an app somewhat up and running (relying on test data for instance) as an initial proof of concept.

Satan2k2
10-10-12, 17:17
I'm familiar with SOAP connections. But I didn't found the url to connect to and neither login data or what I need to connect :)

Brammers
10-10-12, 17:29
I'm familiar with SOAP connections. But I didn't found the url to connect to and neither login data or what I need to connect :)

Yeap it's SOAP - Some more details on http://wiki.techhaven.org/THNapi:FAQ including the URL for the soap connector. Nearly all of the ItemDB functions on the wiki wrap around the soap calls.

As for login details you will need a THN api key and id. Drop me a PM on the THN forums, and I'll set you up, along with what you plan to do with the API. The API is quite easy to use with .NET (So herrad tells me :p )

Satan2k2
10-10-12, 17:48
Never worked with .NET and Soaps before, only did it in PHP and it should be quite easy, too :)

Forget My Name
16-10-12, 02:20
Okay, I mocked this tool before... but now I can't live without it...

Thank you :)

Riddle
17-11-12, 22:30
FIX me.......!!!!!............Please :angel:

Herrad
21-11-12, 18:49
Hi all,

I'm told the tools been down for a couple o' days. I need to re-upload some data to fix it (curse you race conditions!), however I am currently internetless.

I'm hoping to have it back up at the beginning of December, along with a few accuracy improvements and maybe an armour calculator. Watch this space.

William Antrim
21-11-12, 19:09
Like a Boss.

Netphreak
06-12-12, 13:34
Hi all,

I'm told the tools been down for a couple o' days. I need to re-upload some data to fix it (curse you race conditions!), however I am currently internetless.

I'm hoping to have it back up at the beginning of December, along with a few accuracy improvements and maybe an armour calculator. Watch this space.

Any luck/or progress with this?

Herrad
07-12-12, 20:49
Any luck/or progress with this?

Yeah, I've been working on it whenever I get a second. I'm in the middle of a big rewrite to make the calculation aspects of the app work more fluidly (namely so it's easier for me to understand and fix if it goes wrong).

I'm hoping that with this rewrite more options will open up to me for things like an armour/resist calculator.

Netphreak
07-12-12, 20:52
Yeah, I've been working on it whenever I get a second. I'm in the middle of a big rewrite to make the calculation aspects of the app work more fluidly (namely so it's easier for me to understand and fix if it goes wrong).

I'm hoping that with this rewrite more options will open up to me for things like an armour/resist calculator.
Cool, thanks for the update.

William Antrim
07-12-12, 22:44
Armour and resist calc? nice!!!

Herrad
02-01-13, 16:06
Just a quick update:

While I've not forgotten about this tool, changing the way the tool works out it's ideal implants has proven somewhat more difficult than expected. I'm gonna try fixing the damn thing tonight so I can carry on improving it without hindering users, watch this space.

I'll post here when I think I've got it working again, feedback would be appreciated regarding it's stability.

Thanks.

Herrad
03-01-13, 11:18
Just a quick update:

While I've not forgotten about this tool, changing the way the tool works out it's ideal implants has proven somewhat more difficult than expected. I'm gonna try fixing the damn thing tonight so I can carry on improving it without hindering users, watch this space.

I'll post here when I think I've got it working again, feedback would be appreciated regarding it's stability.

Thanks.

Lol apparently real life got in the way, I'll do it tonight instead.

Riddle
03-01-13, 22:12
FIX me.......!!!!!............Please :angel: you know you wanna :D

Herrad
05-01-13, 05:17
Hi all,

Right, we should be back up and running again (woot).

Any problems gimme a shout (either reply here or PM me).

Regarding the enhancements promised to be here around December:

Me and another NC player had a discussion the other day that blew the top off of the problems I'd been struggling with. Assuming the solution we discussed doesn't violate the laws of physics then the improvements should be somewhat trivial to finish.

What that means to you users is that I'll (theoretically) be able to put in some pretty simple stuff to allow a user to specify an implant to ignore and maybe even to swap that implant out for a more preferred one, allowing you to tweak the results to what you can afford.

But yeah, more info on that as it develops.

Thanks for your patience guys :)

lindian
07-01-13, 01:16
your Spy/PE P-C calculations are taking the wrong MC5 Implant and no WoC Armor.

But neat work here

Sophie
07-01-13, 09:55
As I am leveling an APU at the moment, the tools deliveres the "wrong" imps for leveling purposes.

I selected the following:
Class: Monk
Skill: Psi Power
Subskill: APU
Level: 52

The tool gives me:

34 Crahn PSI Experience Memory Alpha 3 PSI: 34 PSI: 4.96
23 Crahn PSI Experience Memory Alpha 2 PSI: 22 PSI: 3.68
54 Crahn PSI Controller V.0.3 PSI: 54 INT: -1 PSI: 2.66 PSU: 15.96 WEP: -5.62
Glove Implant
56 Gaya Tacholytium Glove PSI: 56 PSI: 3.42 PSU: 27.39 PSI ABILITIES: 1

For leveling you want damage, not Psi-Levels. For APU this means APU and FCS.

Currently I am using.
Agressor 1 + 2
CAG 2

Memory 3(and 2) is optional.
You want to raise Psi-Level during leveling to reach a powerarmour which adds damage.

If I select FCS it gives the same imps as with APU selected.

yavimaya
07-01-13, 12:41
Did you check that the adding of PSI levels didnt allow you to use a better spell?

Sophie
07-01-13, 13:18
Maybe I am still stuck in old neocron damage calculations.

I dont know the influence of TL on damage.
Basicly with higher TL you do more damage.

But how much is the damage reduced if you lose APU and FCS compared to a higher TL?
Where is the border?
Do you can build every TL with equal stats now?
It used to be the case that higher TLs needed more slots to compensate for the quality loss.

Load
07-01-13, 15:33
basically the way to get best dmg is by using the highest TL weapon possible - also gets XP faster you want to maximise your PSI as much as possible then after that maximise APU

All TL weapons have the same capped stats (bar rares)

Herrad
07-01-13, 18:58
As I am leveling an APU at the moment, the tools deliveres the "wrong" imps for leveling purposes.

I selected the following:
Class: Monk
Skill: Psi Power
Subskill: APU
Level: 52

The tool gives me:

34 Crahn PSI Experience Memory Alpha 3 PSI: 34 PSI: 4.96
23 Crahn PSI Experience Memory Alpha 2 PSI: 22 PSI: 3.68
54 Crahn PSI Controller V.0.3 PSI: 54 INT: -1 PSI: 2.66 PSU: 15.96 WEP: -5.62
Glove Implant
56 Gaya Tacholytium Glove PSI: 56 PSI: 3.42 PSU: 27.39 PSI ABILITIES: 1

For leveling you want damage, not Psi-Levels. For APU this means APU and FCS.

Currently I am using.
Agressor 1 + 2
CAG 2

Memory 3(and 2) is optional.
You want to raise Psi-Level during leveling to reach a powerarmour which adds damage.

If I select FCS it gives the same imps as with APU selected.

I do like the fact you put "wrong" in quotes there. Yeah you're right, if you're looking for the highest possible way to cap a weapon (i.e. best sub skill value) then the tool will give you the "wrong" implants.

What it does (at the moment) is try to max out your primary level without nerfing your subskill, once I'm done with this freaking colossal update then asking for the best implants solely for one subskill should be possible.

Riddle
07-01-13, 19:17
/Sex thanks chummer :D

Forget My Name
06-05-13, 20:27
I know this thread is old, but what is the status of the website?

Do you plan on having it up and running again?

SynC_187
07-05-13, 13:13

It's up again today.

Brammers
07-05-13, 14:04

Works fine here as well.

@Herrad - Feature request - Think I may have mentioned this to you, so I'll mention it again ;) Can I have the option to ignore MC5's or Rare implants. I've often had it suggest set-ups with those chips when I don't have them available.

Eternal Pink
07-05-13, 21:02
Neat tool, thinking of switching my PE from HC to RC to finish capping dex as its only 70 at the moment so gave it a go and worked well, one thing is the PA it recommends though which is...

Tangent Close Range Battlesuit V-20 DEX: 80 Private Eye DEX: 3.06 P-C: 18.35 R-C: -24.48

Instead of

Tangent Distance Battlesuit V-20 DEX: 80 Private Eye DEX:+3.05 R‑C:+18.35 P‑C:-24.48

The PC one gives 0.01 more dex which is probably why its picked it but as I end up with +18.15 that 0.01 isn't actually gaining you anything for the RC penalty so if there was a way of discounting very minor/unneeded dex bonus in preference of combat skill picked on the drop down would be better.

Herrad
08-05-13, 09:05
Neat tool, thinking of switching my PE from HC to RC to finish capping dex as its only 70 at the moment so gave it a go and worked well, one thing is the PA it recommends though which is...

Tangent Close Range Battlesuit V-20 DEX: 80 Private Eye DEX: 3.06 P-C: 18.35 R-C: -24.48

Instead of

Tangent Distance Battlesuit V-20 DEX: 80 Private Eye DEX:+3.05 R‑C:+18.35 P‑C:-24.48

The PC one gives 0.01 more dex which is probably why its picked it but as I end up with +18.15 that 0.01 isn't actually gaining you anything for the RC penalty so if there was a way of discounting very minor/unneeded dex bonus in preference of combat skill picked on the drop down would be better.

Heh, it's supposed to only give you items that specifically don't nerf the subskill you've picked but that doesn't seem to be applying in this case. I'll take a look at it, see what's going wrong. I'll post when I'm done.

hatmankh
25-12-13, 22:42
Is the site not working for anyone else?

Kronos
31-12-13, 00:27
Is the site not working for anyone else?

Seems to be working fine for me as of this evening. Try again?

hatmankh
31-12-13, 01:11
It was down for a couple days but it's working again now, thanks for posting or I wouldn't have known.

Kronos
31-12-13, 01:30
It was down for a couple days but it's working again now, thanks for posting or I wouldn't have known.

You're welcome :)

aKe`cj
31-12-13, 01:33
Your welcome :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v30q6VkphbE

Last +1 this year, promised. :D