PDA

View Full Version : [00213]Le'd runners killing le'd Rhinos

Forget My Name
09-10-12, 18:57
Are players with LEs allowed/supposed to be able to damage and destroy Rhinos with LEd players?

Is this intended? A bug?

If the player knows about it, and does it anyway, can they be reported for exploiting?

Faid
16-10-12, 16:32
I would like an official answer to this. There's a ton of people leveling off fire mobs in rhino's now and the situation is getting out of control. Le'd vehicles can destroy other le'd vehicles. This obviously shouldn't be happening but it is. Is this a bannable offense? There are people actively killing LE'd vehicles, I saw a rhino parked at the DRT vehicle depot waiting for le'd runners to try to spawn their vehicles only to blow them up. This needs to be addressed.

Forget My Name
16-10-12, 20:23
Being on the receiving end of this situation, I can answer your questions.

1) No matter what, you will not get a replacement Rhino, even though the loss is due to an in game bug.

2) No, this is not a bannable offense. The offenders just get a stern talking to, and that is it.

So in the end, there is zero recourse for a person who loses a rhino in this fashion, and no punishment for the person doing the offense.

People are pretty much free to destroy Rhinos as they please at the moment.

Disturbed21
18-10-12, 21:24
Would love to just get a confirmation that this is a known issue and that there are plans to address it.

As much as I love PvP this particular game mechanic enables people to abuse the LE system, allows unknowing people to lose their vehicles to those willing to abuse the mechanicism, and forces anyone that falls in the middle to either abuse the game mechanics themselves or just simply not use the vehicles.

Forget My Name
19-10-12, 07:05
I am confirming to you that this is a known issue that the Developers have been testing over and over with.

I will not disclose any specific information given to me in the emails between the Devs and I, but they are fully aware of the situation.

As of now, this can be and is abused by jerks in the game, and there really isn't any defense we have against them. Hopefully it will be addressed and fixed as soon as possible.

Faid
19-10-12, 12:32
Why isn't this a bannable offense? I don't even think any GMs or Devs read these threads lol

William Antrim
19-10-12, 15:58
Because you're not a GM or Developer I am going to simply ignore any claims you might have over inside information or any kind of punishment brought to the players involved. As the bug has been brought to our attention I am going to take extra care when out in my Rhino, for that I thank you. As for the rest I think I will sit and wait for an official announcement before I express any opinions on the subject.

Kanedax
19-10-12, 16:59
From my experience, as I have been an offender of this simply because when I discovered it I did it a couple times for teh lulz, the gunner has to be unle'd. I was gunning my buddy's rhino while he drove, my tank unle'd his driving tank was le'd, blew up a le'd rhino and a le'd termi quad. It's a bug, it's known (I at least reported it via ticket and email after discovering it) and should be a bannable offense.

Forget My Name
19-10-12, 17:10
From my experience, as I have been an offender of this simply because when I discovered it I did it a couple times for teh lulz, the gunner has to be unle'd. I was gunning my buddy's rhino while he drove, my tank unle'd his driving tank was le'd, blew up a le'd rhino and a le'd termi quad. It's a bug, it's known (I at least reported it via ticket and email after discovering it) and should be a bannable offense.

The gunner doesn't have to be un le'd at all for this to work. All 4 players involved can be LE'd and Rhinos still take damage.

Kanedax
19-10-12, 17:44
That's why I said, "From my experience..."

William Antrim
19-10-12, 18:26
Thanks also for telling all the people who didnt already know..... GG Forget my name.

Forget My Name
19-10-12, 19:19
Thanks also for telling all the people who didnt already know..... GG Forget my name.

You are welcome.

I try to make sure fellow gamers are aware of the situation as best as I can.

RogerRamjet
19-10-12, 19:45
2 LEd in a rhino can also hurt un-LEd vehicles too.

Forget My Name
19-10-12, 19:49
2 LEd in a rhino can also hurt un-LEd vehicles too.

Wow... Really? Let me guess... the un LE'd Rhino can't fight back? Or can it?

DER_julu
19-10-12, 20:18
Wow... Really? Let me guess... the un LE'd Rhino can't fight back? Or can it?
afaik they can fight back, though i'm not quite sure about that - you still can't kill the LE'd suckers, though...

nEo-1664
30-01-13, 16:32
Sorry to drag up a thread from October, but I was just wondering how this is going?

I know it is still a bug that is in-game, and quite an annoying one at that for those of us LE'd who, unless you have the Quad or Reveler, maybe can't afford to replace vehicles that are destroyed by any runner, just because you can.

:)

Mokoi
30-01-13, 16:54
Sorry to drag up a thread from October, but I was just wondering how this is going?

If you already know it is not the right thing to do, then please refrain from doing it.
Dont bump bug reports unless you have significant information to add. If there is a status update we can share, we will do so.

- closed

Satan2k2
07-03-13, 10:17
I don't know if this is a bug or not :)

But we tested the new vehicle ruleset on the Testcenter and the following happend:

(works) As Non-LE Char you can do damage to all vehicles, even when the vehicle is driven by LEed Char.
(works) As LEed Char you can't do damage to other vehicles.
(Don't know) As LEed Char you can do damage to other vehicles, when the LEed Char is a gunner of a vehicle.

Ivan Eres
07-03-13, 11:09
(Don't know) As LEed Char you can do damage to other vehicles, when the LEed Char is a gunner of a vehicle.
[/LIST]

Is the driver a LE too in this example? I want to test this on Vedeena.

Satan2k2
07-03-13, 11:19
No, there were no driver in the vehicle when he shot it.

Marklar
21-03-13, 03:33
I lost a rhino to this and its bother me alot. we were both le'd and my RHino went poof this is not cool at all.