PDA

View Full Version : Terminator Assault Quad Quest

nEo-1664
05-10-12, 15:20
I was looking at what stage a tank can drive/gun a vehicle, and came across the Terminator Assault Quad Quest.
http://wiki.techhaven.org/Terminator_Assault_Quad_Mission -- http://www.techhaven.org/db/showitem/1679.html

Now for such a low TL vehicle, and very low requirements to drive/gun, how come the quest involves killing multile 80/80's ?

Assuming the Wiki guide is right, then it sounds like a hell of a lot for a noobie vehicle, when there are simply better vehicles available.

Thoughts ?

Drachenpaladin
05-10-12, 16:11
Not sure but as a Q-Vhc its not losable upon destruction? Then e certain difficulty in obtaining it is legit.

nEo-1664
05-10-12, 16:17
Not sure but as a Q-Vhc its not losable upon destruction? Then e certain difficulty in obtaining it is legit.

Possible. But at the same time, the Jone's Quad(I appreciate it is only a drive required, and no offensive with it) is re-useable, and very easy to get. Unless the damage from Termi Quad is quite high, it seems like quite a hard quest for a low TL reward, relatively speaking.

Might have to jump onto Terra later and find out lol :)

CMaster
05-10-12, 16:22
It's not a great newbie vehicle, simply because there is no such thing as a great (combat) vehicle at the moment, vehicle weapon damage having been nerfed into oblivion. It's not entirely useless though, and I did get a good few levels on my tank on Terra using it (having given it from my PE). It's basically a faster and weaker heavy assault scorpion, as mentioned here (http://www.techhaven.org/resources/vehicle-guides/combat-ground-vehicles.html)

Also, it is destroyable, and replacing a broken one (as the quest is a run once) is a) only available to people who have run the mission themselves already and b) much harder than running the original quest. Replacing a broken termi quad involves collecting parts that are a random drop from Hoverbots (and only hoverbots, not hovereyes or hoverbombers)

Drachenpaladin
05-10-12, 16:27
Possible. But at the same time, the Jone's Quad(I appreciate it is only a drive required, and no offensive with it) is re-useable, and very easy to get. Unless the damage from Termi Quad is quite high, it seems like quite a hard quest for a low TL reward, relatively speaking.

Might have to jump onto Terra later and find out lol :)

Lomed everything but the necessary amount for the Jones Quad from my tank too or else i just log in^^
Tho iirc the dmg is not THAT outstanding that i'd say it justifies 2x 80/80 mobs. But then on the other hand, most ppl just hit and run, so even if the mission contains them spawning you do not necessarily have to fight them in order to get the quad...

(IMHO killing them should be made a requirement, its annoying as hell if the mobs flood the zone. Same goes for the Dragon's Wrath mobs in OZ1, but thats another topic...)

Vehicle Combat is not a big factor atm anyway so the armament of that quad does not really justify the effort, Jones Quad is way easier to obtain and less demanding in requirements. It's yet another a nice to have item atm, just like the five hundredths epic mount in the respective fairy-mmos.

RandomCustomer
05-10-12, 23:28
There are 4 80/80 mobs in the first half of the quest, and you do have to kill all of them to reach the mission objective. I'll also say for raygun rifles they have incredible range.