PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Logan Ford's Shop please.

William Antrim
05-10-12, 13:47
I know we can't transfer chars ok and that is fine. I'm not asking for the character but I would really like to see the shop and its NPC in plaza 1. I would like for it to be an exact replica of the one on terra. I am willing to fund the items being put into it - bones chips and guns etc but if the apt could have its furniture and trophies placed I would appreciate this.

Nc2 without Logans is like chips without gravy. It just isn't right. I am more than happy to pitch in with helping him restock and level the toon but we need a little assistance getting the apt in the right place please.

In return I offer loyalty, favours of all kinds and my unending service to neocron to help the staff in any way possible. I would like to write an event even building up to this grand reopening.

Triv if you're reading this I am deadly serious.

Please can you guys help us even in some small way.

Yes I'm a massive fanboi.

Walker I am counting on you to support me in this as well as all the usual suspects. :)

Strife
05-10-12, 13:54
Some background on this? Not sure if my memoryy is as bad as it is or if it's something added since I quit.

L0KI
05-10-12, 14:00
Logan's Emporium man. Everything you could ever need all in one place.

Dropout
05-10-12, 14:06
I would love this aswell.
However, I do fear that it would cause massive whine from the tradeskillers, currently trying to get established.
It does of course depend a lot on how much help he gets from the GMs.

I would love to help him get everything up and running though - when Im able to (doubt my /21 PE can do much right now).

@ Vegah: Logan is pretty much the noob helper #1. He did a lot for the community on terra(!).

William Antrim
05-10-12, 14:11
Of course there are other constructors who can be used. It's not about taking away the choice. It's about reuniting an icon with his shop. Players can still choose other traders. I just want this guy back.

Trivaldi
05-10-12, 14:24
Plaza apartments at specific locations are available from the vendors in game, as is all the furniture required to furnish a new Logan's Emporium. I would be more than happy to add an all access door buzzer, a bar keeper and reintroduce the security on duty in his store but that's as far as we can go in terms of support at our end. These additional RP elements were added originally to assist Riddle and his support of new players. If the intention is there to go into business again and a submission can be made with strong RP backing, we're happy to do that. For everything else, I suggest you set up a fund in game for Riddle if you want to help him get his business up and running again.

This is a great opportunity for some genuine team work in the player base, to reach a goal shared by members of the community.

Titan is all about a fresh start, doing something like this goes completely against that ideal. Plus having an apartment full of GM spawned furniture, which can be ripped out by the owner, will do us no favours what so ever regardless of any positive intention. So I'm afraid we can't just throw stuff into the wild like that.

William Antrim
05-10-12, 14:32
Happy with that. Thank you.

Ok so we can get the door buzzer and the NPC at a push. so who wants to get his going? I do.

flib
05-10-12, 17:49
I'd be happy to contribute what I can, if my main ever gets sorted..

CMaster
05-10-12, 18:02
I'm very much of the opinion that this is one of the things that should be left to it's own devices. (I mean sure, keep the door buzzer etc, but that was all available to players with "good behaviour" anyway). See who else picks up the torch. Hell, in a game with a better tweaked economy, making weapons for levelling players could even be a viable business proposition, rather than a charity, encouraging more people do it.

I also think that Logan should have some sort of say in this - I gather from his posts and having spoken, it's expecting a bit more time than he had to offer anyway.

Now might also not be a bad time for someone who wants to get into this to start building up a BP collection. Lots of people carrying all sorts of levelling weapons wandering about, might be possible to borrow them for long enough to res.

Doc Holliday
05-10-12, 18:30
i will donate what i can too. cash and bps etc. money for the appartment also. what ever is needed. lets wait for Riddle to weigh in on this one :)

\\Fényx//
05-10-12, 20:53
i plan on running a kinda 'business' along the same lines, at the moment though were concentrating on capping 4 chars required to do it all 'inhouse' if you will...

Chuck Norris
05-10-12, 20:56
Bring back N.E.X.T. Market :D

Riddle
05-10-12, 22:52
Thankyou Mr Antrim. I am truly humbled.

Nc has certainly been very different for me over the past weeks.........at first I was gutted, i could not contribute as i once had, almost borderline quiting thoughts....But this game has a hold on me like so many of you........I can't shake it!

So I decided to change tact and adopt an almost refreshing angle of the game. I have returned to my very first char - Riddle HC tank (As melee needs some work :p) and intend to slowly level him over the next few months, cap and farm. Participate in some OP war PvP and level Logan on the side.

Whilst I greatly appreciate all your kind offers of helping me out and would like to extend my thanks to you and the community.
I have come to the conclusion that i simply don't have the time anymore to heavily invest in NC to gather the resources required to get this off the floor again - with a young family and heavy workload it's near impossible.

When Terra came back to life, before the DDOS, and the NPC's were dispatched to advertise <<Logan's Emporium>> Thankyou TRIV!!!! I could hardly keep up with the business of helping new players, So I was intending on moving Logans Lock stock and barrel to the Clan apartment and recruiting other like minded players to run a super Emporium. Round the clock service you could trust without relying on my login times!

I am in a way dissapointed i don't have the tools or resources to offer the help i once could to new players, but i hardly have the time either these days, luckily there are plenty of people who could and will hopefully offer help in my guise.

So i think i will step back, allow others to form such a clan and hopefully one day, they will extend me the courtesy of letting me join Logan Ford CST with my Tag - "Weaponsmith Rares Class" :D - The best tag in game :p

Until then I bid you all Good Hunting Runners!!

P.S. you can help me out by getting me a decent OP war clan once you lot are all sorted out :cool:

P.P.S /Sex

rune100
05-10-12, 23:07
Logans place and service was awesome. Hopefully a clan of traders will emerge and open up a new "Logans" with everything you could ever wish for!

Model192
05-10-12, 23:56
Here's a better idea: with the growing population of the game they should consider a trade zone, or area. How they divide up this area is up to the gms. Possible gr access, maybe default in list or not.

L0KI
05-10-12, 23:58
Here's a better idea: with the growing population of the game they should consider a trade zone, or area. How they divide up this area is up to them. It should go on all GRs by default. 0% synaptic from apt to trade and trade to apt.

Wouldn't it just be a new plaza 1? Like we had Tech Haven in 2006/2007?

We all voted to put it back to P1 because it was a nicer atmosphere/area.

Model192
06-10-12, 00:01

Actually, a specialized zone would be bad for the feel of the game, I take it back. It does get crowded in p1 however.

Daza400
06-10-12, 04:00

I sorta liked tech haven - it's quite sad how quiet it is there now I never see other players when I'm over there.

Drachenpaladin
06-10-12, 04:06
I sorta liked tech haven - it's quite sad how quiet it is there now I never see other players when I'm over there.

Dunno.. i enjoy the quite sound of the servers humming in the tech core. Its kinda meditative... if you are a true Fallen Angle of course ;)

Doc Holliday
06-10-12, 04:39
Thankyou Mr Antrim. I am truly humbled.

Nc has certainly been very different for me over the past weeks.........at first I was gutted, i could not contribute as i once had, almost borderline quiting thoughts....But this game has a hold on me like so many of you........I can't shake it!

So I decided to change tact and adopt an almost refreshing angle of the game. I have returned to my very first char - Riddle HC tank (As melee needs some work :p) and intend to slowly level him over the next few months, cap and farm. Participate in some OP war PvP and level Logan on the side.

Whilst I greatly appreciate all your kind offers of helping me out and would like to extend my thanks to you and the community.
I have come to the conclusion that i simply don't have the time anymore to heavily invest in NC to gather the resources required to get this off the floor again - with a young family and heavy workload it's near impossible.

When Terra came back to life, before the DDOS, and the NPC's were dispatched to advertise <<Logan's Emporium>> Thankyou TRIV!!!! I could hardly keep up with the business of helping new players, So I was intending on moving Logans Lock stock and barrel to the Clan apartment and recruiting other like minded players to run a super Emporium. Round the clock service you could trust without relying on my login times!

I am in a way dissapointed i don't have the tools or resources to offer the help i once could to new players, but i hardly have the time either these days, luckily there are plenty of people who could and will hopefully offer help in my guise.

So i think i will step back, allow others to form such a clan and hopefully one day, they will extend me the courtesy of letting me join Logan Ford CST with my Tag - "Weaponsmith Rares Class" :D - The best tag in game :p

Until then I bid you all Good Hunting Runners!!

P.S. you can help me out by getting me a decent OP war clan once you lot are all sorted out :cool:

P.P.S /Sex

So in short we all need to make a new char decide on a clan and have the last name Ford. Then we need to reopen the business as Ford & Sons. Master Weaponsmiths. I can dig that ;) Clan appartment plaza 1 mainstreet. Could take some doing with everything else going on ie outfitting my guys for cap (and all my dear friends who keep stealing money out of my pocket) but its something to chew on.

As stated i am happy to donate stuff to fill up a place but my time zone means peak pops are when im (hopefully) sound asleep.

All the same it can definitely be done as a group. Fenix old friend :) if you have started something up i will help pass on some stuff to you no prob.

Finally. Riddle. Ever considered black dragon :)

Haggis.at
06-10-12, 16:42
Heya -how about buying excess wares from the traders for cheap and offering them at standard a&w prices? So you help tradeskillers by giving them more $$ than Yo's but still offer competitive prices for newbies (or not so newbies^^) In that case you build your catalogue fast and dont need to const/ress everything yourself :)

William Antrim
06-10-12, 16:46
I am gonna be William Ford then. One of you other guys can have Henry. :D

I still vote we call it Logan's Emporium though.