PDA

View Full Version : Log in problems - Fatal run time Error

Shazam
05-10-12, 10:16
Hi!

is anyone else having log in issues?

I was playing fine last night but when i tried to change characters the game kept crashing on the select character screen and still happening now.

I keeps coming up with Fatal Run time error

I cant seem to get around it and play

anyone having the same problems or can help?

thanks

yavimaya
05-10-12, 11:10
were you around for/ have you played since the chars needed to be restored yesterday?

Shazam
05-10-12, 11:50
Yeah was playing fine last night just can't log on now. Did a file check and they are all ok just don't know what to do

William Antrim
05-10-12, 12:13
Send a helpdesk ticket. Other than that keep trying to log in and write down the error you get. The more info you send to support the better.

Shazam
05-10-12, 14:33
Is there a specific email address to use? I can't remember

Trivaldi
05-10-12, 14:39
As your problem is at the character selection screen, there may be an issue with one of the models displayed there. Try re-caching the models by opening path/to/neocron/ini/system.ini and changing precache to 1. Save the file and start the game again, it will take a little longer as it re-caches the 3D models. This has fixed a crash at character selection for me in the past.

If that doesn't solve your problem provide as much information as you can to helpdesk@neocron.info

Thanks,

Shazam
05-10-12, 14:45
Thanks triv sounds complicated lok i can barely turn the computer on let alone anything else!

Dropout
05-10-12, 16:48
Thanks triv sounds complicated lok i can barely turn the computer on let alone anything else!

He actually explained it very well.. Theres nothing to it.

go to your installation folder -> neocron/ini/ right-click->edit on system.ini (will probably just say system).

This is how the file looks..

[DRIVER]
Precache=0

change the =0 to =1

Shazam
06-10-12, 10:29
guys

thank you very much this worked a treat :)

in game and playing now:)

thankis!

guess this can be closed now mods!

Forget My Name
06-10-12, 16:14
I didn't want to start a new thread since this is roughly the same thing....

Log in server is simply not working. Other people in game are having the same issue with not being to log in with their extra accounts anymore.

Tried the Cache fix, no dice.

I try to log in, top left says "connecting to info server" and nothing happens, the client just freezes up.

Did someone forget to feed the hamsters again?

Doc Holliday
06-10-12, 16:20
im getting the same thing now too.

nomoreheadtrips
06-10-12, 16:26
Same here...

William Antrim
06-10-12, 16:48
announcement in the launcher.

Trivaldi
06-10-12, 17:18
We did have a problem with the login server but we have resolved that and everything is back and tickety boo. :)

As the original problem has also been solved, thread closed.