PDA

View Full Version : The State of Neocron?

CMaster
04-10-12, 18:22
So, lots of things have changed with the way Neocron is run recentley. I think most people would agree that they've been generally for the better, however it does leave me with quite a few questions, which I think it would do good to clear p. (I'm aware some are probably answered elsewhere, but..)

With ReaKKtor going under, who owns all the Neocron intellectual property now? How did they wind up owning it?
Following on from that, under what terms or understanding is Neocron 2 currently run under?
Again related to that, who would own the IP of any work done for Neocron 2 now, either from the "volunteer team" or from community submissions?
And still further, would it be legally and technically possible to encourage and support community content development?

What's the decision making process among the people now running NC2 (with regards to development, server management, rules, etc)?
What happens when members of the group currently running NC no longer wish to or are no longer able to keep working with the game?
How did the members of the team running NC2 end up doing so? How would new members be added?

Following on from all the above, would it make sense for Neocron 2 to become something of a community organisation/operation, a little like say an amateur sports club?
What sort of future do the current operaters of Neocron 2 see for the structure and organisation?

That's about all for now. I think it would be nice to know some of these things for the community.

Mokoi
04-10-12, 18:38
We'll go over these questions internally and get back to you with an official response.

WuTangClan
04-10-12, 22:17
Great questions.

Haxxor
05-10-12, 00:25
Agreed. Would love a community Q&A session with the NC Team some time.

Philchow
05-10-12, 10:07
We'll go over these questions internally and get back to you with an official response.

Great, thanks.

William Antrim
05-10-12, 12:24
This is something I am very keen to hear about too. Thank you for a great post cmaster. When replies come in please can we have it stickied.

Dropout
05-10-12, 14:39
[edit]

Dropout
09-10-12, 03:17
A friendly bump, so it hopefully wont be forgotten by the volunteer team..
Since it is indeed some very good questions.

And I wasent trying to hijack the thread.. Was just adding another question to the list, since I really would love to see the TL92 Pulselaser Pistol on Titan...

Mokoi
09-10-12, 03:36
There is no need to bump this thread.
We said we'll get back to you with some proper answers and we will, in due time (no ETA).
Until then I would like to not have to close this thread, so other people can throw in questions as well if they want.
Obviously, questions concerning specific items or gameplay matters are not the scope of this thread and should be posted to the brainport.
Take it there

From hereon, only questions ontopic please - keep this thread nice and tidy.

Drachenpaladin
09-10-12, 04:10
When the reinkkarnation (http://www.reakktor.com/) hits 100% we may have answers, not a second earlier.