PDA

View Full Version : Quality of life changes

Darkener
04-10-12, 18:07
So recently downloaded the game after not playing it since around 2005 and i have to say i remember it allot differently in my head :P or maybe when i played the game it was the wild west for MMO's and since that time there has been a standardisation of UI changes.

1. More standard button layout, i.e inventory = i, map = m and so on;
2. I dont believe there is a world map button other than the nav-ray which is clunky;
3. Improve the font size (some of it is very small and is hard to see);
4. Layout of the hud positioning and automatically closing down options, if i press F1-12 and open boxes they seem to clump together and re-open all at once;
5. Bigger inventory, it looks very small when its opened;
6. Improved chat box and introduce commands, it seems like you have to manually select each chat option, there is no /w, /s ect to change between the channels;
7. More defined leveling process, as this game is allot about end game PvP it is hard to get an idea when in the game on the best way to proceed;
8. Merge some of the UI into a tab view, i.e your skills, implants ect.

As i think of more i will add them to this thread.

Health warning, the above is from my perspective as recently returned to the game all of the above maybe there already but its not logically placed;

1. I am viewing the game with fresh eyes

Trivaldi
04-10-12, 18:21
I can make your life a little easier straight away!

Pressing alt+c allows you to scroll through the chat channels and alt+b allows you to respond directly to the person sending you direct messages. It's not much but it's a start. ;)

Thanks for the comments, it is good to get fresher eyes looking on things we've all become accustomed to. If you run into anything else, particularly any issues you encounter during your characters early life please be sure to bring it to our attention.

Darkener
04-10-12, 18:51
Thank you i will check that, i defintily hope this is helpful as if NC/NC:R is to grow it will need to focus on the basics first. Right or wrong if people feel the game is to hard or clunky to play they wont and these changes are or would seem to be very small changes with a large potential return on investment.