PDA

View Full Version : PvP server

Ivan Eres
04-10-12, 15:27
There will never be a solution to make all player groups in NC absolutely happy. We do have to share one server among all player types, be it PvP, PvE, Traders, RP and so on. If we show respect to each other the game will be fun for everybody nonetheless.

But in my opinion especially the PvP players could need a server where life is really as difficult as it should be in a post-apocalyptic world, without restrictions for making the game easier. On the other hand this also means that this environment should not pardon the weak.

I know that we do not have the ressources at the moment and that the community should not be divided but in my opinion only a pure PvP server could provide this for the PvP people in the distant future.

This PvP server would be as follows in my opinion:

1.) No Safe Zones anywhere
2.) No LE
3.) Setting "City" for all sectors: Belt Drop & Soul Light
4.) Lots of money from OPs (like millions...)
5.) More XP for faster leveling

This way there would be:
1.) No zone whoring anymore
2.) Low level PvP fights everywhere
3.) The need for fights over the level zones
4.) The need for protection for leveling runners (thru clans, bodyguards, or heros)
5.) Small scale "Wars" over level zones and HQs, and not only over OPs
6.) No need for killing mobs for money, instead proper refund for PvP clans thru holding OPs

Other MMOs do have the separation between PvP, PvE, and RP for a reason.

My intention is to propose this possibility for the distant future and to discuss all possibilites that we have as a comm.

Regards

Dropout
04-10-12, 15:31
There will never be a solution to make all player groups in NC absolutely happy. We do have to share one server among all player types, be it PvP, PvE, Traders, RP and so on. If we show respect to each other the game will be fun for everybody nonetheless.

But in my opinion especially the PvP players could need a server where life is really as difficult as it should be in a post-apocalyptic world, without restrictions for making the game easier. On the other hand this also means that this environment should not pardon the weak.

I know that we do not have the ressources at the moment and that the community should not be divided but in my opinion only a pure PvP server could provide this for the PvP people in the distant future.

This PvP server would be as follows in my opinion:

1.) No Safe Zones anywhere
2.) No LE
3.) Setting "City" for all sectors: Belt Drop & Soul Light
4.) Lots of money from OPs (like millions...)
5.) More XP for faster leveling

This way there would be:
1.) No zone whoring anymore
2.) Low level PvP fights everywhere
3.) The need for fights over the level zones
4.) The need for protection for leveling runners (thru clans, bodyguards, or heros)
5.) Small scale "Wars" over level zones and HQs, and not only over OPs
6.) No need for killing mobs for money, instead proper refund for PvP clans thru holding OPs

Other MMOs do have the separation between PvP, PvE, and RP for a reason.

My intention is to propose this possibility for the distant future and to discuss all possibilites that we have as a comm.

Regards

Has been done, and sadly it failed badly..
And as you say yourself, deviding the community probably isnt the best idea.

Herrad
04-10-12, 15:39
It'd be doomed for failure. Without any punishment for pwning noobs, noobs would just get pwned frequently.

When it was implemented, it wasn't handled very well which was a contributing factor for why it failed before, but noob pwning is the main one.

William Antrim
04-10-12, 15:56
The hardcore PvPers really weren't hardcore without safezones.

Faid
04-10-12, 16:33
This failed miserably the first time. At first people were curious, so they made a char over there, only to find out that it really wasn't a pvp server but an "asshole gank low players leveling" server.

I see hardcore pvpers as people who enjoy the challenge of actually PVPing, overcoming difficult odds with tactics and strategy to win in PVP.

Griefers are people who like to go for the easy kills where absolutely no PVP skill is required.

Unfortunately, a PVP server attracts far more griefers than hardcore pvpers, so all you end up with is a bunch of griefers killing any low level chars they can find. Very little meaningful PVP actually occurs on these types of servers.

There will be plenty of PVP on Titan once the player base is established a bit more.

Forget My Name
04-10-12, 18:12
No.

Neocron is an rpg. Role Playing Game. The fact that it is an FPS is a mechanic only.

If you want pvp, go play another game, like Battlefield, Counter Strike, Starcraft, etc...

Two different genres.

Making Neocron a pure pvp game failed just as trying to force levels, role playing, npcs, grinding and farming on Call of Duty would.

Also, as been said already, this was done, and it failed. All the "hardcore pvpers" just up and left the game, and basically fucked things for the long term RPG players here.

Torg
04-10-12, 18:24
Remember.... what was the name.... Neptune? No? We all erased the memories to this. for a reason.

Dropout
04-10-12, 18:33
No.

Neocron is an rpg. Role Playing Game. The fact that it is an FPS is a mechanic only.

If you want pvp, go play another game, like Battlefield, Counter Strike, Starcraft, etc...

Two different genres.

Making Neocron a pure pvp game failed just as trying to force levels, role playing, npcs, grinding and farming on Call of Duty would.

Also, as been said already, this was done, and it failed. All the "hardcore pvpers" just up and left the game, and basically fucked things for the long term RPG players here.

It is still played like a pure pvp game - when people are capped, and has the shit they need..
Theres Little to no RP in NC tbh.

Riddle
04-10-12, 19:29
http://wiki.techhaven.org/Neptune

Been done and tradeskill was near impossible due to grief ganking nevermind levelling!!

Doc Holliday
05-10-12, 05:16
i had to check the date on this thread in case it was an old bump ;)

Forget My Name
05-10-12, 05:50
It is still played like a pure pvp game - when people are capped, and has the shit they need.

Yeah, but to get capped with all the stuff you need, you need to , you know, level and tradeskill. Stuff done in an RPG. And as been stated a few times, this was attempted and was impossible to level or tradeskill.

Theres Little to no RP in NC tbh.

Who is talking about literally role playing? No one here is. We are talking about Neocron being an RPG as a genre.

And actually, yes, quite a few people DO role playing in Neocron. more than any other mmo I have ever played before.

yavimaya
05-10-12, 06:13
And actually, yes, quite a few people DO role playing in Neocron. more than any other mmo I have ever played before.

lol thats only because you dont have to make up some elvish/mage shit.
Its just normal people that are in the future.
I.E. be more extreme and swear more than people do these days, you have instant RP without trying, throw in some crahn this, tangent that and your a NC roleplaying star!

Dropout
05-10-12, 06:18
I.E. be more extreme and swear more than people do these days, you have instant RP without trying, throw in some crahn this, tangent that and your a NC roleplaying star!

Haha this^^
And by the way.. All the hate that there will be in the game, when more people are capped, and start to pvp is not actually RP either.. Eventhough they are enemy factions.. Its just people that don't enjoy loosing..

Forget My Name
05-10-12, 06:47

Plenty of people role play. Sorry you don't see it.

I have role played more in the past few days than in a month of playing Guild Wars 2.

Doc Holliday
05-10-12, 07:32
icewalk. he roleplays. :)

William Antrim
05-10-12, 12:20
I'm dying for someone to say I'm roleplayin the asshole.

Doc Holliday
05-10-12, 18:32
I'm dying for someone to say I'm roleplayin the asshole.

i been doing that to you for 30 odd years :)

zii
05-10-12, 21:44

Your last sentence provided the solution! Respect each others' game play on the same server. There are no compelling reasons to split players up.

You are playing Neocron and encompassing all of these elements is what NC does.

The hardcore PvPers really weren't hardcore without safezones.
Safe zones are a welcome dystopia: The lambs have to have somewhere to huddle together.

Model192
06-10-12, 00:08
This is bad on so many levels. Pvpers need the LEers and vice versa. The ways its set up now is fine, there is PLENTY of drama to be had with your LE out.