PDA

View Full Version : Transfer - To Be or Not to Be

Sywyn
04-10-12, 03:39
Hello,

The moment is probably inappropriate to enter into this type of discussion but, after the latest events and a corrupted database, we can begin to ask questions about Neocron's future and the transfer. :p

I am at the heart of this question myself, being an old player, and I was very motivated by the launch of a new server and a new economy.

But I must admit that, after all the maintenance, migrations, and crashes, I had to abandon the idea of beginning to play again.

I still want to thank the Neocron support team, who were very reactive towards the different problems, and I'd like to point out their courage, as volunteer work is quite often thankless. :)

Therefore, I wonder whether it's possible (technically or not) to implement a system to transfer characters from Terra and Mars to Titan, so that players like me, who have lost several accounts and characters (WoC or not), may participate in this new adventure without starting with a definite handicap: motivation. In fact, I no longer have as much time to play as during the creation of the first Neocron server. I have an active lifestyle that doesn't allow me to spend entire hours/days on a character to get to the same level as my accounts that disappeared (Terra server). The ephemeral situation of Neocron also doesn't motivate people to invest hours training characters like before.

Would it be possible to offer, for example, a transfer that includes the following options?:

- All of the characters and equipment in the inventory and implants, with the money of the character at that moment.

- All of the characters without equipment or implants, with the "MC5 starting money".

- One, two, or three transfers of characters, without any equipment or implants in the inventory, and with no money.

This transfer could give old players who no longer have time the opportunity to take part in this adventure, without hindering the arrival of new players.

Several friends of mine are in the same situation as me, waiting for information about a possible transfer and not wanting to completely start with a new character again. The simple existence of a transfer could revive that passion, despite the loss of equipment and implants.

In summary, I hope this message won't be simply edited and closed. :(

We can confirm however, that no character transfer will be available at the launch of Titan [EU].

Why ? :confused:

Thank you.

Forget My Name
04-10-12, 04:12
terra was rife with hacks, dupes, and exploits. There will never be a transfer from terra to titan.

Neocron runs pretty smoothly as of earlier today.

Mokoi
04-10-12, 04:52
The moment is probably inappropriate to enter into this type of discussion but, after the latest events and a corrupted database, we can begin to ask questions about Neocron's future and the transfer. :p

All that we do is about the future of Neocron and ensure it gets back on track for a strong increase in stability and the return of active developement.
It has been just hours since we resolved the latest emergency. While I believe there should always be room to ask questions about Neocrons future in gerneral or on specific topics such as the proposed character transfer or balancing, I hope you can understand that we still have some major issues to resolve. We said that we would address the topic of transfers and we will - but not right now.

I am at the heart of this question myself, being an old player, and I was very motivated by the launch of a new server and a new economy.
But I must admit that, after all the maintenance, migrations, and crashes, I had to abandon the idea of beginning to play again.

I am sorry to hear that.
When I returned to the volunteers from retirement a few months ago I expected things to be difficult, but from the inside, things looked even worse - I found we had virtually nothing left that was not either completely fubared or on its way out (apart from a bunch of really dedicated and truly awesome people).
There was no access to any vital pieces of the infrastructure while the very infrastructure (outgame support, forums, website, launcher, basic account management) or what was left at that point was going down fast in the face of Reakktor Media GmbH shutting down business. Over the past weeks and months we have fought hard to keep NC not only afloat in the condition it was at the beginning of the year, but turned around. Be assured, we too would have prefered not having to deal with some of the difficulties that came up along the way. We are still far from being able to offer a AAA game service and it sure takes a little confidence in the game, the current volunteer staff and most importantly a love for neocron, to enjoy the game despite these limitations.

I still want to thank the Neocron support team, who were very reactive towards the different problems, and I'd like to point out their courage, as volunteer work is quite often thankless. :)

Well, thank you. We too are fond of our community and their strong support for our old lady and our efforts to get the game up to speed again.

Therefore, I wonder whether it's possible (technically or not) to implement a system to transfer characters from Terra and Mars to Titan,

It is technically possible to develop a system to transfer characters between servers, however no such system exists.
It will cost additional development time to implement such a system. The current stance on this is that we will re-address this issue when we see time fit.

so that players like me, who have lost several accounts and characters (WoC or not), may participate in this new adventure without starting with a definite handicap: motivation.
In fact, I no longer have as much time to play as during the creation of the first Neocron server. I have an active lifestyle that doesn't allow me to spend entire hours/days on a character to get to the same level as my accounts that disappeared (Terra server). The ephemeral situation of Neocron also doesn't motivate people to invest hours training characters like before.

The future of Neocron largely depends on the greater support by and from the people that play the game.
So long you view it as "ephemeral", any investment is pointless. We obviously disagree with that assesment and personally, I will continue to focus my efforts on catering for the community that shares our trust in the game.
That said, I understand that there may also be a significant amount of casual players (or players otherwise without much time at hand) who are primarily interested in endgame PvP and are held off by having to raise 0/2 chars again.

Would it be possible to offer, for example, a transfer that includes the following options?:

- All of the characters and equipment in the inventory and implants, with the money of the character at that moment.

- All of the characters without equipment or implants, with the MC5 starting money.

- One, two, or three transfers of characters, without any equipment or implants in the inventory, and with no money.

This transfer could give old players who no longer have time the opportunity to take part in this adventure, without hindering the arrival of new players.

Several friends of mine are in the same situation as me, waiting for information about a possible transfer and not wanting to completely start with a new character again. The simple existence of a transfer could revive that passion, despite the loss of equipment and implants.

As pointed out before, we will re-address the topic at a later point. Until then Mars and Terra are still on the grid.
I will not go into the specific scenarios you have outlined for no such decision has been made.
The only thing we have pretty much ruled out, is a full transfer including all items and money - this will not happen ever, sorry.

We can confirm however, that no character transfer will be available at the launch of Titan [EU].
Why ? :confused:

Our original idea for TITAN was a launch together with the release of patch #175. It did not get to this and we were forced to shift all efforts from work on the patch to DDoS mitigation and migrating each and every system of our infrastructure to new locations in Germany (minus Terra and Mars which remain hosted on Kirks behalf). To be frank here, the Canadian host was a catastrophy as we had no full access to the system and no SLA available to deal with the problems, but that is a different story. In short: we had to bring new hardware to the table and we chose to invest that hardware and the significant amount of work required to get it on the grid in the most future proof setup, which is the fresh Titan server. The overall feedback and population stats for the server show us, that this decision was probably the right one for Neocron at this point in time.

Again, it has been just hours since the last major stability was resolved and while we would very much like to get back to work on #175 and also backend tools (e.g. allowing us to transfer character data), our roadmap was dictated by events outside of our control for the past weeks.

I do hope some of your questions were answered.

flib
04-10-12, 05:10
God DAMMIT!
Fucking DDOS. :(

If it weren't for the DDOS, we would have had a lot less exploits on Titan, and there might not already be woc spies ruining the game for everyone forever.

Chuck Norris
04-10-12, 06:48
hahahahawhat?

Kaldera
04-10-12, 08:44
I think for better game balance and more fun for the old player with many chars we have to place some Money, Woc and EXP npc. Than all Problems should be solved.....

Torg
04-10-12, 12:21
I am ... an old player, and I was very motivated by the launch of a new server and a new economy.
So am i. I'm happy we got a fresh, "empty" server with everyone enjoying the PvE and trade parts of Neocron. PvP may add to that later. My vote is: "No char transfers. Never." May my former main chars rest in hibernation.

Britney
04-10-12, 13:02
No char transfers pleasr. All the people whining about it taking so much time to level need to learn how to

Ivan Eres
04-10-12, 14:28
... Rational and calm explanations and reasoning...

That was the best post ever that I read on these subjects and a very good summary on everything that has happened over the last weeks.

On my own behalf I want to add that I cannot ever thank you guys enough for bringing the best game of this planet back to life. There is still nothing like NC on the market, it has not been over the last ten years, and it still does not look like there will be for the next few years. It's a gem that only shines for those who see it.

I do not care about the difficulties some people complain about as long as you keep going forward.

You guys rock.

Volunteer Team < 3

Xeno LARD
04-10-12, 14:50
That was the best post ever that I read on these subjects and a very good summary on everything that has happened over the last weeks.

On my own behalf I want to add that I cannot ever thank you guys enough for bringing the best game of this planet back to life. There is still nothing like NC on the market, it has not been over the last ten years, and it still does not look like there will be for the next few years. It's a gem that only shines for those who see it.

I do not care about the difficulties some people complain about as long as you keep going forward.

You guys rock.

Volunteer Team < 3

Amen to that. Thank you V-TEAM! WHOOO

Kanedax
04-10-12, 17:00
I still think a char transfer later on without items or cash would be fine. It would just boost the pop and do nothing to effect the economy negatively.

Dropout
04-10-12, 17:06
I still think a char transfer later on without items or cash would be fine. It would just boost the pop and do nothing to effect the economy negatively.

Yeah, a character transfer with a limited amount of items wouldnt hurt anything at all. As long as they wait a bit (which they obviously will) to make it possible.
I really dont get why people are so much against it o_O
Is more people to fight really such a bad thing? I know several people who Arent gonna be playing unless Theres gonna be character transfers..
More meat to kill = good tbh..

And myself probably wont be playing "seriously" before a character transfer.. I have however made a to-be-very-gimp-PE on Titan now.. But thats not really something that I will be joining OP fights with.. lol

Dissenter
04-10-12, 17:28
Totally agree here, I don't see the harm in a very limited char transfer, be it even 1 char per account and no items or cash.

Britney
04-10-12, 18:18
If it weren't for the DDOS, we would have had a lot less exploits on Titan, and there might not already be woc spies ruining the game for everyone forever.

Not sure if serious or just trolling like a boss?

Faid
04-10-12, 19:42
I am firmly against any kind of character transfer to Titan. The whole reason for the success of titan is the fact that everyone is equal, experiencing the game again as a whole from the beginning.

There are no duped items, no GM spawned items, no babe suits or woc3 pa's. Everything gained on Titan is earned, transferring chars would ruin that atmosphere and dynamic. I understand that some people dont want to go through the whole process of leveling a charater againand thats fine.

The point of the server isn't simply to continue on from where you left off on terra, it's to start over clean and fresh free from all the crap of terra. I dont see how having a capped char on one server justifies having an instantly capped char on a new server. Why would it be ok to skip the whole leveling part of the game? Simply because people have leveled before on a previous server? Simply because some people dont have the time or motivation to cap super fast and easily?

I get that some people want to experience end game NC again but i honestly think any char transfer will screw titan up. It will introduce duped and GM spawned items into a clean economy. It will also segregate and infuriate the existing Titan population.

Titan should stay the way it is: Freah and clean - New server, new characters.

Dissenter
04-10-12, 20:11
I think you're over-reacting a little. If it was a naked transfer with no items or money, then its just extra bodies on the server who otherwise wouldn't play on there due to not having the time to level a new character.

I agree with some points of why should they just get a new char on a new server that is capped? - well, the previous server is obviously unreliable for European connections and vulnerable to DDoS - as well as creating a fragmented game population, never mind just 1 fragmented server.

Sywyn
04-10-12, 22:01
Thank you, Mokoi, for your clear and concise answer. I want to believe in a future for Neocron, and this is why I’m taking part in the forum to explain my point of view. :) For me, I will need longer than a month to judge the sustainability of a game. To say that Neocron, at the moment, is saved would be an understatement. The situation remains “ephemeral” and this is not a criticism. I’d also the be the first one to support a donation system.

We all agree that you have fully taken over the situation, but you need to worry as much about older players (who have been wronged) as new ones.

A character transfer (with a limited or unlimited quota) with no equipment and no money (I’m in favor of this solution) with zero (reset) skills, would, in my opinion, have no negative impact on the Titan server economy, nor on the community. It would even allow several players who are waiting for the verdict to return (I know several people very well who are in this situation).

Cheaters’ accounts in Terra have been banned (at least mostly), so we would then already have a lower risk of seeing them reappear on the list of a possible transfer (we know that those who are banned from Terra could be present again on the new server).

This type of transfer will not move any duplicated item, exploit, or anything else besides characters of older players having more or less 5 to 10 years in the game, and who would like to participate in the war economy :p by taking OP, PVP and thus finding other players without having to start all over again (we all remember the NC1-NC2 transfer).

I would like to ask certain people to use appropriate language – adding that if we don’t have the time to play, having to take off is not necessarily a good tactic. :cool:

Edit : Stop Trolling. thanx

zii
04-10-12, 22:02
This thread will come up again and again. I wish we'd just leave the subject alone and let Titan get on and become the thriving ecosystem it ought to be.

It is technically possible to develop a system to transfer characters between servers, however no such system exists.
It will cost additional development time to implement such a system. The current stance on this is that we will re-address this issue when we see time fit.

Of course, I cannot resist giving my opinion: /cough

* I am against any form of transfer from Terra to Titan at this moment. Such a transfer would be unfair to those who are grinding away and are seemingly enjoying such levelling.

* I am for a bare character transfer (e.g plus 2 items in the QB and all implanted implants) from Terra to Titan after there are sufficient players on Titan that such a a transfer is plausible without unbalancing effects. I don't care about cash. Regents' runs solve quickly this.

I have played (grind-ed) in NC for over a decade. I do not have the time available to for a repeat. I understand that there are those who have the time available, and those who are new and have nothing to loose (e.g have no characters or fall into other camps), and would be unhappy to see older players get, in their eyes, a helping hand. Of course, I disagree with them. Some of us kept paying their subs even when the servers only registered 0% during prime time ;)

[edit]

It will introduce duped and GM spawned items into a clean economy.

You mean that there will never be a GM event with a spawned Dildo of Maven? Man, you lack vision!

Mokoi
04-10-12, 23:17
Thread cleaned. Stay on topic please, but dont expect any other official comment in this thread other than has already been made:
We will re-address this issue when we see time fit.

hatmankh
04-10-12, 23:20
I am firmly against any kind of character transfer to Titan. The whole reason for the success of titan is the fact that everyone is equal, experiencing the game again as a whole from the beginning.

There are no duped items, no GM spawned items, no babe suits or woc3 pa's. Everything gained on Titan is earned, transferring chars would ruin that atmosphere and dynamic. I understand that some people dont want to go through the whole process of leveling a charater againand thats fine.

The point of the server isn't simply to continue on from where you left off on terra, it's to start over clean and fresh free from all the crap of terra. I dont see how having a capped char on one server justifies having an instantly capped char on a new server. Why would it be ok to skip the whole leveling part of the game? Simply because people have leveled before on a previous server? Simply because some people dont have the time or motivation to cap super fast and easily?

I get that some people want to experience end game NC again but i honestly think any char transfer will screw titan up. It will introduce duped and GM spawned items into a clean economy. It will also segregate and infuriate the existing Titan population.

Titan should stay the way it is: Freah and clean - New server, new characters.

Ditto.

Sywyn
04-10-12, 23:24
Ditto.

A character transfer (with a limited or unlimited quota) with no equipment and no money (I’m in favor of this solution) with zero (reset) skills, would, in my opinion, have no negative impact on the Titan server economy, nor on the community. It would even allow several players who are waiting for the verdict to return (I know several people very well who are in this situation).

Cheaters’ accounts in Terra have been banned (at least mostly), so we would then already have a lower risk of seeing them reappear on the list of a possible transfer (we know that those who are banned from Terra could be present again on the new server).

This type of transfer will not move any duplicated item, exploit, or anything else besides characters of older players having more or less 5 to 10 years in the game, and who would like to participate in the war economy by taking OP, PVP and thus finding other players without having to start all over again (we all remember the NC1-NC2 transfer).

:angel:

L0KI
04-10-12, 23:34
I have to say, as a long term player ( my main char has been around since 2003), I am starting to think transferring old characters is a bad idea.

Titan is thriving, and most people seem happy enough to start again from scratch. With this in mind, I say leave it alone. Don't give us the option to transfer our WOC characters.

flib
04-10-12, 23:42
There's AK spies running around and woc discs everywhere. Titan's already fucked; nothing fresh and clean about it, anymore, so we might as well go ahead with character transfers with quickbelt.

CMaster
04-10-12, 23:47
I'd like a transfer.
I used to level efficiently, but never power levelled. As a result, I enjoyed getting my characters up, but it took a long while. Certainly took a long while to full-cap my pure PPU.

But it should be a limited, NC1 -> 2 like transfer. QB, Armour, imps. No epics, no keys, no [list of other prohibited items]. Be nice if there was a way of preventing the all-arti items given out in the compensation events.

Chuck Norris
04-10-12, 23:48
as soon as one transfer happens, I guarantee duped items will explode like wild fire, lets keep it without everyone in certain clans running around in woc 3 pa's and gm spawn ion weapons please please!

Dropout
05-10-12, 00:14
as soon as one transfer happens, I guarantee duped items will explode like wild fire, lets keep it without everyone in certain clans running around in woc 3 pa's and gm spawn ion weapons please please!

You guarantee that..? Really?
Personally if I could only transfer one weapon per character (I have 12 characters on Terra). Only one of them would bring over a GM spawned weapon - and that would be the cannon (because its that character's main weapon).
The rest of my characters would bring over their main pvp weapons and weapons that has a special meaning to me.

CMaster
05-10-12, 00:23

You know that WoC3 PAs and GM spawn ionics were obtained legitimately right, from the compensation event?

I also don't see why a char transfer would allow people to start duping again...

Bozz-Von Mel
05-10-12, 00:24
Why does this keep coming up? If you miss your stuff on Terra, play on Terra. I cannot understand the impatience, why jump straight to the end game? Instead of transfers just cap all players from the on set.

Sechs
05-10-12, 00:50
Whenever I check the neocron forums, there is yet another thread about how we need this retarded transfer system. Sersiously, we don't. People are just fucking lazy and that's all there is to it.
I mean, let's be honest for a second, 99% of the active pvp community leveled their chars in safe or semi safespots, be it regant, ceres or one of the hq's.
Why wouldn't they, since nobody gave a shit.

Yes, the ways the game provides to level your character are kinda broken and plain demotivating, but this is an issue that has to be addressed by a (well thought-trough) patch.

Also, I really don't want to sound rude but if you're really bitching about having to invest actual time in an RPG, I highly suggest the cod franchise or even counter strike instead.
You'll find lots of 14 year olds who are just as annoying and impatient, bitching about everything that doesn't work in their favor.

About that RL argument;
If you have a RL, that's perfectly fine, millions of WOW players do.
Yet, for some reason, they still reach endgame.
They still find the time to level a second or even third character.
It takes a little longer, but so what?
Same goes for EvE Online, SWTOR, you name it.
It is pretty much to be expected that your progress is proportional to the time you put into the game.

As I said, I don't want to sound rude and this is not directed at a specific person but if people would invest they time they spent on the forums, whining about how leveling is SO hard, in game, they would've probably already be close to cap.
It's not hard and not even close to other games.
It will even become easier with the new patch (team exp fixed).

Stop being so close minded, find new (and maybe old) friends in game and actually, for once, be grateful that you can relive those days.
Dunno how it is with you but I am NOT eager to get back to the terra state of things and I really couldn't care less about my two woc spies, tank and pe I left behind.

Also;
+1 for Flibs post.
At least make it fair and remove all woc discs until whatever issues are sorted out.
Changes should always be global.

Chuck Norris
05-10-12, 02:14
You know that WoC3 PAs and GM spawn ionics were obtained legitimately right, from the compensation event?

I also don't see why a char transfer would allow people to start duping again...

when was it ever stopped ? thats the whole point of the new server, equal footing not one clique > then another.

If those items dont make it to the server theyll have to be legitimately obtained. through gm event or compensation (which was totally one sided).

Keep it fair no xfers please

\\Fényx//
05-10-12, 02:36
wouldnt mind transferring over my tanks belt of zarg, just for nostalgia reasons, other then that, i personally wouldnt want to see a character transfer *unless* characters come over with zero items and have their skill experience moved down to the /60 amount (ie no WOC, just be grateful you've had your character back if it means that much...)

flib
05-10-12, 05:05
The way I see it, we're going to need a transfer, unless everyone wants to play an AK spy.
As it is, no one has rares, because rare parts are fucking rare, as they should be, but the AK is NOT rare, and is incredibly easy to obtain. As is WoC because of all the exploiting Droners.

Until everyone gets sorted out with rares, it's just going to be AK spies ruling the server.
It's a real fucking shame, because I was really looking forward to seeing how PVP would play out with only non-rare weapons. I believe that the balance would have been a lot different.
PE's would have been viable, because they can use all the non-rares that Spies can without having to get a shitload of dex.
APU's would be viable, because Holy Toxic Halo is actually pretty good.
Heavy/Melee PE's might have even stood a chance.
You'd just have to watch out when you see a swirly, because here comes a badass!

Honestly, the only realistic thing I can see to remedy this situation is an emergency nerf of the AK and Beretta.

Also, please give me my TL92 Tangent Assault Pulselaser Pistol. :D

Doc Holliday
05-10-12, 05:13
first of all to the thread starter why are you copying and pasting pieces from one post in to another? i dont get it the point of that unless it was accidental?

On the subject of char transfers i think we have all discussed it a million times. i made my thoughts clear. naked xfer over. No qb no items no nothing. levels intact. no need for reset of skills. let the char get lommed if they want to reset.

Chuck your saying all these gm spawned stuffs gonna get duped but more accounts are getting banned for doing naughty things anyway and the team are more on top of it than any times i can recall.

Finally. @ mokoi. If its gonna cost you guys money then maybe you should bring to the table some kind of discussion about how the people who want this xfer are gonna cover the cost of it for you. I think thats not unfair to ask. Do it on a per account basis or even on a per char basis. People talk about F2P and cash shop and micropayments and so much other crap but i think in this situation that would actually work. I think a community poll should be taken also to gauge what people really think.

I am lucky at the moment as i have a lot of free time and not a lot of work on so im in a position to put more hours in to the game than most and i would STILL pay for the transfer of a char or two. just saying. it would be my ppu. because i dont want to level another ;) (and no his int is not capped)

Final Edit: I think if any person can claim a god given right to get a char transferred over to titan from terra, and i think the community will be unanimous in its support of this then i think you should xfer Logan Ford. And his store. I dont know anyone that really put so much effort in to that as he did and it was a shame after some 6 years of trading the store was closed with terras demise.

BRING BACK LOGAN! BRING BACK LOGAN! BRING BACK LOGAN! (Disclaimer: all the picket signs being waved by the crowd were not made by logan ford himself ;) )

I will collect my cheque from the usual place ;)

Sywyn
05-10-12, 05:36
Whenever I check the neocron forums, there is yet another thread about how we need this retarded transfer system. Sersiously, we don't. People are just fucking lazy and that's all there is to it.
I mean, let's be honest for a second, 99% of the active pvp community leveled their chars in safe or semi safespots, be it regant, ceres or one of the hq's.
Why wouldn't they, since nobody gave a shit.

Yes, the ways the game provides to level your character are kinda broken and plain demotivating, but this is an issue that has to be addressed by a (well thought-trough) patch.

Also, I really don't want to sound rude but if you're really bitching about having to invest actual time in an RPG, I highly suggest the cod franchise or even counter strike instead.
You'll find lots of 14 year olds who are just as annoying and impatient, bitching about everything that doesn't work in their favor.

About that RL argument;
If you have a RL, that's perfectly fine, millions of WOW players do.
Yet, for some reason, they still reach endgame.
They still find the time to level a second or even third character.
It takes a little longer, but so what?
Same goes for EvE Online, SWTOR, you name it.
It is pretty much to be expected that your progress is proportional to the time you put into the game.

etc etc etc

We are talking to you about players who lost their entire account after 5 to 10 years of play.
You can't ask them to abandon everything and to treat them as slackers!
They have been present (for the most part) since the beginning, and have continued to pay their subscription until the recent free offer of Neocron.

This group of players is not more than 14 years old, as you can attest. I don't like your manner of criticizing gratuitously and without basis.

For me Neocron is the op's, the battles, my guild, especially the war economy, not of the cyclops at MB. We are speaking of Neocron, of a different gameplay, of a game which is out of the ordinary, you come to serve us your soup like swtor, eve online etc. We don't want that, we want to participate in the new war economy by taking ops, pvp and thus find other players again without having to start again and abandon for the good pleasure newly barely discovering the game. The game lives because there are volunteers who are making an effort to make it live again, but it lives above all thanks to its "aging" community which knew how to stay until the end, you must not forget that.

A transfer, without equipment, without implant, will not feed any black market or cheating.

I've been told that Terra had too much cheating (for this reason some don't want a transfer) but on Titan as well, I also know, hck, the achievement of the drone still works on Titan and it is not really noticed for now. :eek:

Dropout
05-10-12, 06:23
The way I see it, we're going to need a transfer, unless everyone wants to play an AK spy.
As it is, no one has rares, because rare parts are fucking rare, as they should be, but the AK is NOT rare, and is incredibly easy to obtain. As is WoC because of all the exploiting Droners.

Until everyone gets sorted out with rares, it's just going to be AK spies ruling the server.
It's a real fucking shame, because I was really looking forward to seeing how PVP would play out with only non-rare weapons. I believe that the balance would have been a lot different.
PE's would have been viable, because they can use all the non-rares that Spies can without having to get a shitload of dex.
You'd just have to watch out when you see a swirly, because here comes a badass!

Honestly, the only realistic thing I can see to remedy this situation is an emergency nerf of the AK and Beretta.

Did this come as a surprise to you? O_o

And yes, for the love of everything holy, give us the TL92 Pulselaser pistol!!! I had completely forgotten that you cant currently get that on the server - my PE was ment to use that! :'(

William Antrim
05-10-12, 13:26
Non rare PvP I would love to see. Sadly I doubt it will happen.

yavimaya
05-10-12, 13:38
Non rare PvP I would love to see. Sadly I doubt it will happen.

I'd also love to see the server rareless/WOCless for awhile, i bet it would make balancing things a bit easier too.

Faid
05-10-12, 14:41

Why wouldn't there be any rares? There are tons of tech parts being gathered as we speak, My clan has been stockpiling them, we just can't res them yet. Firemobs have a great drop rate, especially if you're in a rhino, you can get 40 -50 techs a night. Not to mention the trade thats going to pop up once these are all ressed. This will all happen long before large scale PVP on this server. Plus woc discs are very difficult to obtain now, so there wont be a million AK spys running around.

Drachenpaladin
05-10-12, 16:18
Plus woc discs are very difficult to obtain now, so there wont be a million AK spys running around.

And the already obtained/circulating ones?

Faid
05-10-12, 20:51
You mean the one's from the few days people were actually there? There are some discs floating around certainly, but not a million for your million AK spys ;)

Chuck Norris
05-10-12, 20:53
it should be much much easier to obtain disks now considering you can just single pull them out in the open with any old rifle... should be tons of ak spies very soon

hatmankh
05-10-12, 21:04
You have to find them first and then you can't just reset the zone and make them all respawn whenever you want, all groups have their times they spawn at, once they're dead you have to wait hours for them to spawn again.

Half the time you'll kill an entire group and not get a single disc as well.

Beckard
05-10-12, 21:04
So am i. I'm happy we got a fresh, "empty" server with everyone enjoying the PvE and trade parts of Neocron. PvP may add to that later. My vote is: "No char transfers. Never." May my former main chars rest in hibernation.

I support this message

Dropout
05-10-12, 21:27
It wont make any damn difference if there will be character transfers to the server - exept it will give a higher population.
As long as they wait a while - which they obviously will.
In a couple of months everyone will be capped and have WoC.. What difference could it possible do that there came some more people to fight onto the server when that happens?!

I dont get your logic at all tbh.

As long as they limit how much people can take over, IT WILL NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!

God...

And stop with these threads already. All they do, is to piss me off tbh..

zii
05-10-12, 21:36
As long as they limit how much people can take over, IT WILL NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!

+1

God... And stop with these threads already. All they do, is to piss me off tbh..

+1111

Please stop.

L0KI
05-10-12, 22:36

I totally agree with this post. Totally.

This is the main reason I cried for removing WoC for the new server.

Sechs
05-10-12, 23:36
We are talking to you about players who lost their entire account after 5 to 10 years of play.
You can't ask them to abandon everything and to treat them as slackers!

I can and I do. Simple as that.
If you want to put your time into a (at the time) dead game, that's fine but don't bitch about it later.
No one knew this was going to happen.

They have been present (for the most part) since the beginning, and have continued to pay their subscription until the recent free offer of Neocron.

This group of players is not more than 14 years old, as you can attest. I don't like your manner of criticizing gratuitously and without basis.

Pretty sure I have been around since NC1.

For me Neocron is the op's, the battles, my guild, especially the war economy, not of the cyclops at MB. We are speaking of Neocron, of a different gameplay, of a game which is out of the ordinary, you come to serve us your soup like swtor, eve online etc. We don't want that, we want to participate in the new war economy by taking ops, pvp and thus find other players again without having to start again and abandon for the good pleasure newly barely discovering the game. The game lives because there are volunteers who are making an effort to make it live again, but it lives above all thanks to its "aging" community which knew how to stay until the end, you must not forget that.

Have you actually read and understood what I wrote? O.o
That was a comparison and I was stating that you have to put actual time into an (MMO)RPG, just like in EvE or SWTOR.

You talk like you know stuff, you talk about that so called war economy.
Then, let me ask you, do you honestly believe that even 10% of that 'aging' comunity, which was, until recently, to be found on terra, leveled their chars and obtained their equipment through legal means?

You have been told?
Really?
It kinda sounded like I have been around for ages, do as I please.

Also;

@flib
As I'm against a char transfer, I can't fully agree with your post.
Even though, you are completely right and we will see this happening all the time in the comming weeks until there is something done about it.
However, just handing out rares is pretty lame.
As of now, they're hard to get and they are mostly fine.
I'd keep it that way and address issues later on, with a more complete class/balancing overhaul.

I don't see anything wrong shifting the focus away from all the woc stuff, as long as it is done properly.
The terra fights were fucking boring anyway.

TL;DR:
HUGE +1 on the no-woc idea.

L0KI
05-10-12, 23:45
Harsh to those that have them, but I'd say REMOVE all current WoC weapons from the game, and make them drop as E parts along with normal rares. Give them a chance to be lower than 120/120/120/120, and give them the same bonuses that rare weapons have.

They shouldn't be the almighty super-weapons that they are right now, and they CERTAINLY shouldn't be the easiest weapons to obtain with capped 120 stats in the game, which they are right now.

It was a dumb idea then, and it's dumb now.

gstyle40
05-10-12, 23:47
Are u including Ionics as rare or non rare? They have swirly but are built from bps. Cuz ill put my Ionics (both cannon and rifle tanks) up against any cs tank any day of the week!

Doc Holliday
06-10-12, 04:46
Harsh to those that have them, but I'd say REMOVE all current WoC weapons from the game, and make them drop as E parts along with normal rares. Give them a chance to be lower than 120/120/120/120, and give them the same bonuses that rare weapons have.

They shouldn't be the almighty super-weapons that they are right now, and they CERTAINLY shouldn't be the easiest weapons to obtain with capped 120 stats in the game, which they are right now.

It was a dumb idea then, and it's dumb now.

the only issue i have there is polluting a rare pool even further. Es take a while for me at the moment ;) haha. otherwise yes they are way too easy to obtain i think. and i dont wanna see a flood of ak spies either.

Crodus
06-10-12, 06:01
Looks like the old transfer probs are still the same. I rocked the beta servers and waged WAR with some seriously bad ass people. I may come back and play again. I have to admit its a little depressing to see people still complaining about KK after all this time. Going to have to think about it...especially knowing I will never transfer my old char and the YEARS I spent creating it. If I come back will I really need to go back to recycling Chitten!!!? Ugh

yavimaya
06-10-12, 06:05
Chitten?
Hey that takes me back! i forget what it was for, but it was a big part of beta4.
Dont worry, i havent heard of chitten in many years.

NAPPER
06-10-12, 11:13
There's AK spies running around and woc discs everywhere. Titan's already fucked; nothing fresh and clean about it, anymore, so we might as well go ahead with character transfers with quickbelt.

These people that have Woc and Aks have worked hard to get sorted. I think they have all done this without cheats/Hacks
and the Devs/GMs are that on top of people that Hack/dupe i dont think they would last long if they did cheat/hack.

Please dont do transfer of Toons. it would destory Titan.

The best thing about titan is everyone is needs everyone to get Stuff sorted like rares. Transfers would kill it

Dropout
06-10-12, 11:19
These people that have Woc and Aks have worked hard to get sorted. I think they have all done this without cheats/Hacks
and the Devs/GMs are that on top of people that Hack/dupe i dont think they would last long if they did cheat/hack.

The best thing about titan is everyone is needs everyone to get Stuff sorted like rares. Transfers would kill it

Says one of the people with a AK spy.. :lol:

NAPPER
06-10-12, 11:55
Walker you know that clown has got his guys mixed up i have a tank thats str 94 i dont have a spy clown was talking about someone i was with so if you wanna give someone shit over steam or in NC get your facts right first mate

Dropout
06-10-12, 13:32
Walker you know that clown has got his guys mixed up i have a tank thats str 94 i dont have a spy clown was talking about someone i was with so if you wanna give someone shit over steam or in NC get your facts right first mate

Ah sorry about that then. Would have been pretty funny though ;)
And damnit Clown you noob.. lol >.<

Didnt I see you try to buy a WoC disc, not long ago though?

NAPPER
06-10-12, 14:13
Ah sorry about that then. Would have been pretty funny though ;)
And damnit Clown you noob.. lol >.<

Didnt I see you try to buy a WoC disc, not long ago though?

Yeah but not for me. it was funny took about 7 guys to get 2 million together

Dropout
06-10-12, 15:00
Yeah but not for me. it was funny took about 7 guys to get 2 million together

Im guessing that none of them was droners..? :p

flib
06-10-12, 19:20

Hahaha. BULLSHIT.
All 3 of the ones I've seen so far were fucking droners. Funny how I always saw them playing at night, when the GM's were asleep.

Kame
06-10-12, 19:47
At night ?? Lol that argument is so relative, and therefore invalid. This is an international game.

Kanedax
06-10-12, 20:07

Not if you don't allow item or cash in the transfer, purely the capped char, naked. No imps no armor no weapons.

\\Fényx//
06-10-12, 20:24
Not if you don't allow item or cash in the transfer, purely the capped char, naked. No imps no armor no weapons.

no woc either, just the xp set to the required level for capping the base stats of that chars class.

flib
06-10-12, 21:41
At night ?? Lol that argument is so relative, and therefore invalid. This is an international game.
You're right. I must have imagined the part where, at a certain time every night, all the GM's have signed off so they can sleep.
Potential exploiters beware: the GM's are able to watch what you're doing 24/7!

cl0wn
07-10-12, 03:35
I never actually said napper had a spy i said someone in nappers clan already has woc who's a spy so.. i never actually got it wrong atall....

cl0wn
07-10-12, 05:27
Also! i think in about 6 months or so a transfer would be ok when the population has most of its gear ready n such

LiL T
07-10-12, 23:34
Also! i think in about 6 months or so a transfer would be ok when the population has most of its gear ready n such

Probably, but I'd say an absolute no, here we have a brand new server, a brand new server means fresh start, and guess what its close to 300 players each night, all enjoying the game.

Whiny bitches are what ruins the fun, a small minority of people who kick and scream until something is done in their favour and the rest has to suffer...

/edit mark my words any premature character transfer would kill this server, especially if those characters have woc weapons which they have gained through exploits using drones, they didn't use a team they used drones and safe spotted with them, that should end now, it should take a team of people to gain those weapons as originally intended.

what is more, you people from terra with your wocced characters would come onto the server and steal all the outposts and then lock them all so no body can level unless they run half the map to get there, then you would sit on help channel with your retarded smack talk acussing each other of hacking etc.

Some of the reasons I could never actually continue playing on terra even if they moved it to a more stable server.

Dropout
08-10-12, 03:07
Probably, but I'd say an absolute no, here we have a brand new server, a brand new server means fresh start, and guess what its close to 300 players each night, all enjoying the game.

Whiny bitches are what ruins the fun, a small minority of people who kick and scream until something is done in their favour and the rest has to suffer...

/edit mark my words any premature character transfer would kill this server, especially if those characters have woc weapons which they have gained through exploits using drones, they didn't use a team they used drones and safe spotted with them, that should end now, it should take a team of people to gain those weapons as originally intended.

what is more, you people from terra with your wocced characters would come onto the server and steal all the outposts and then lock them all so no body can level unless they run half the map to get there, then you would sit on help channel with your retarded smack talk acussing each other of hacking etc.

Some of the reasons I could never actually continue playing on terra even if they moved it to a more stable server.

And the difference is...? Well sure, its now only a select few people, that has done those Things. But it has still been done on Titan though.

And no, it wouldnt ruin anything to allow transfers from Terra - as long as they wont do it for another 3-4 months.

Now let this *self censur* thread die already!

Faid
08-10-12, 16:42
I'd be ok with this in like 2-3 years if you guys wanna wait till the server is established before messing it up with transfers :)

Garfield
08-10-12, 17:07
hell yeah BAN every droner! insta BAN everyone who finished the AK run. they must have used an xploit to get where they are now.

AK Spys such a silly excuse for being against a server transfer....

flib
08-10-12, 17:16
hell yeah BAN every droner! insta BAN everyone who finished the AK run. they must have used an xploit to get where they are now.

AK Spys such a silly excuse for being against a server transfer....

Well, if they're gonna let people run around with AK's, then they might as well level the playing field.

NAPPER
09-10-12, 11:46
You're right. I must have imagined the part where, at a certain time every night, all the GM's have signed off so they can sleep.
Potential exploiters beware: the GM's are able to watch what you're doing 24/7!

If you know the GMs are watching at night and these 'Exploiters' are still here then im guessing they are droning the right way.

K thxs bye

BlueRobot
09-10-12, 12:04
People here are such hypocrits lol.

It's easy to see who gained the most xp/money the fastest through the term, and 90% of the top 20 ppl in the first 2 weeks i have actually seen use drones/exploits myself.

I'm still against a transfer, but I have little hope that Titan is not going to be the same like terra in a few weeks.

rune100
09-10-12, 13:45
I doubt any transfer from Terra to Titan will be allowed, but if it does, you're welcome to come back to this thread, quote this message and type "LOL U WRONG" at my face.

P.S: Isn't most of the genreps to outposts closed at the moment anyway?

flib
09-10-12, 15:43
If you know the GMs are watching at night and these 'Exploiters' are still here then im guessing they are droning the right way.

K thxs bye

Plz lrn2sarcasm.

Neallys
17-10-12, 01:19
I have to agree with OP. It really sounds like you are labelled as bad and a potential cheater if you come from Terra. Yes, of course Terra had it's bad players but also people who invested time into their account.

I would really be with that whole wipe-out vibe you seem to have there but, as of now, can you claim of having fixed ALL the exploits in Neocron? Do you think there will be a balance with this new server, knowing most exploits are still out there?

The only thing that would make me redo it all over again (after 7 accounts you can now imagine I'm feeling a bit tired, same for a lot of other people) is if PvE would get a very good fix, because even in that field I think Neocron has the potential to shine.

Edit WoC: It is funny that everyone assumes everyone got their woc disks by exploiting as a drone. Maybe YOU did, but I can recall going to the caves with Dropout and Invinci's clan with doomie tanks and barrels APUs. We spend a shit load of time going there hunting for WoC discs.

chutza
09-01-13, 00:59
Super easy fix.... Do not transfer the actual character, just add skill points to an existing Titan character to match an existing Terra character. Problems solved and casual players rejoice.

Doc Holliday
12-01-13, 12:39
Super easy fix.... Do not transfer the actual character, just add skill points to an existing Titan character to match an existing Terra character. Problems solved and casual players rejoice.

and the gms cry. not the easiest option by a long shot.

Setlec
12-01-13, 13:05
either allow transfer then every existing character on titan go "poof!" since most of us have only one account and have created chars on those specific accounts. or Not allowing transfer, so all existing chars will grind as they were normally and let the whiners whine as always.

IMO, no transfer should be made available at least on server titan.

Torg
12-01-13, 20:57
IMO, no transfer should be made available at least on server titan.right. leave titan alone.

Atropos
13-01-13, 14:10
Many things have been said, and every side has real valid arguments.

But NC has two big sides. The Endgame Op-fight/pvp pp3 etc stuff, and the struggle to get there.
I like both aspects, but i must admit, that i wouldnt have spent so much time as i did the last weeks on Titan, if i had my capped Chars ready to go.
Its true that i had some more free time than usal, wich made it easier to be online quite a few hours, but i really had lots of fun doing it.
The first epic, the first rare weapon, the first constructor hitting the 200+, all those things now really meant something -again, and i dont wanna miss it.
On the other hand, i can understand that not everyone wants to go through this process again and again, but thats also a very big part of the game.

Look how hard it is to find enough players for the test server, where everything can be obtained all artifact in a couple of minutes, and still its deserted most of the time.
So, i can only speak for myself, but i would certainly deprived myself of lots of fun time, if i had my chars transferred (even if its hard to INT Cap a ppu, or woc a pistolero).
Titan is all new and fresh (or it was at least) and i think its more a chance than a burden.

Just my 2 cents.
But as the decision is out of our hands, its a pointless debate anyway.
Its rather the question of being able to have fun now, or getting bored to wait for a transfer, that may never come to continue being bored, because theres nothing left to do.

Bruder Malmsdoo
13-01-13, 17:07
For me only a transfer without inv and quickbelt would be acceptable.

yavimaya
13-01-13, 23:25
No Transfers!

Weeeeeeeeee.........

Exellence
17-01-13, 13:56
+ for transfer but with strict rules.
for example:
transfer only 1 character per account with his current exp, implants, armor. Only characters with.. lets say lvl 90+ main skill can be transferd (saves us from multiple clones, bringing 100500 WOC disks).
maximum of 2 mill Nc.
just items in quickbelt
no appartments exept starting one
nothing from gogu.
Account holder MUST have free char slot on Titan.

in this case it cant ruin economy of Titan. Only problem would be with same char names, but that could be solved with adding some number/letter at the end.

I used to play Nc1 since 2002. had 2 capped chars and shitload of rare and unique things. then I quit for a long time.. in 2010, I came back, and I was too late to revive my old chars.. so I had to start again..
ok, so I played for some time, capped 2 chars again, invested my time and efford.. And now I have to start all over again ?
I'm not asking to return me my copbot rifle or 3 appartments filled with Nc1 rare weaponry.. I dont ask for 100500 WOC disks.
I just really dont want to level same characters again, to have own Resser / Conster / Poker / Repper + main char

P.S. I would just continue playing on Terra (with nice current patches), BUT, unfortunatly, we dont have that much overall population, to spread it on 2 servers. Its just no fun.
Proper transfer gives no advantages at all, it only saves alot of time.

L0KI
17-01-13, 14:03
Double XP gain permanently on Titan, and forget about transfers of any kind.

I'd love that with all my heart ;)

It's all about end-game anyway.

Torg
17-01-13, 16:54
It's all about end-game anyway.
endgame is boring, imho.

nabbl
17-01-13, 16:55
playing a melee tank from scratch.

just an awesome experience :-)

Faid
17-01-13, 17:36
+ for transfer but with strict rules.
for example:
transfer only 1 character per account with his current exp, implants, armor. Only characters with.. lets say lvl 90+ main skill can be transferd (saves us from multiple clones, bringing 100500 WOC disks).
maximum of 2 mill Nc.
just items in quickbelt
no appartments exept starting one
nothing from gogu.
Account holder MUST have free char slot on Titan.

in this case it cant ruin economy of Titan. Only problem would be with same char names, but that could be solved with adding some number/letter at the end.

I used to play Nc1 since 2002. had 2 capped chars and shitload of rare and unique things. then I quit for a long time.. in 2010, I came back, and I was too late to revive my old chars.. so I had to start again..
ok, so I played for some time, capped 2 chars again, invested my time and efford.. And now I have to start all over again ?
I'm not asking to return me my copbot rifle or 3 appartments filled with Nc1 rare weaponry.. I dont ask for 100500 WOC disks.
I just really dont want to level same characters again, to have own Resser / Conster / Poker / Repper + main char

P.S. I would just continue playing on Terra (with nice current patches), BUT, unfortunatly, we dont have that much overall population, to spread it on 2 servers. Its just no fun.
Proper transfer gives no advantages at all, it only saves alot of time.

I've got a great idea. Why don't we just take the neoconstruct from the test server and put it in retail. That way all we would need to do is talk to an npc to get any item in the game. We would need to get a woc3 PA vendor in there though.

I have had 4 accounts since NC1, so Ive already done my leveling. It makes absolutely no sense to force people to level new chars and obtain all those valuable items again, I mean, I had like 15 apartments full of super rare stuff. It's not fair for us to not have that stuff simply because there's a new server.

I'm with Excellence here, there's no way that this would even impact the economy on Titan. I wish you guys would understand that we shouldn't have to actually play the game again, because obviously we already played it once years ago.

Dropout
17-01-13, 17:47
Holy hell.. People for transfers? I like!
And I definitely support Exellence idea! Excellent idea :p

Hell, I would be happy with just implants and the safeslot, that way the "market" wouldnt be flooded with high-slot rares.

Zoltan
17-01-13, 18:11
It's not fair for us to not have that stuff simply because there's a new server.

It is fair because of the "Prime Directive" ;)
New server - new economy - new playground - no intervention.

When a transfer impacts us than without item transfer, just avatar, skills and faction settings.

Enjoy the new environment instead of carebearing about your items on an old server full of duped crap ;)

Torg
17-01-13, 20:06
Enjoy the new environment instead of carebearing about your items on an old server full of duped crapi'm tempted to use this a my new sig. need to think about it.

L0KI
17-01-13, 20:24
Enjoy the new environment instead of carebearing about your items on an old server full of duped crap ;)

*claps*

Exellence
17-01-13, 21:56
Year 2012 (300 ppl max online)

Year 2014 (150 ppl max online)

Year 2015 (1 Zoltan online)....

etc...
)))

P.S. I want Neocron3 .. with new game engine, up to date graphic, no cheats and exploits.. and new server with new economy.
but this game.. its 11 years old.. and its 3rd time with brand new beginning without any real changes in game ..
and yes, I love this game.. it was my 1st mmorpg..
I loved 200 vs 200 OP fights back in Nc1..
I liked when it was 4k+ online, when u could always find resser / conster / repper on P1

tho I really don't like to spend few month time for lvl grinding, just to get own alts to support main char.

William Antrim
17-01-13, 23:35
deleted. double post.

William Antrim
17-01-13, 23:38
endgame is boring, imho.

If someone on here said the sky was blue you would disagree.

I loved 200 vs 200 OP fights back in Nc1..
I liked when it was 4k+ online, when u could always find resser / conster / repper on P1

tho I really don't like to spend few month time for lvl grinding, just to get own alts to support main char.

There were never 200 vs 200 op fights in NC1. There were never 4000 people on the servers. At the peak of NC1 there were AT THE VERY MOST 2000 people across four servers. Uranus, Saturn and Pluto had about 300-400 online mostly at a time and Jupiter occasionally got up to 500 but this was VERY rare.

L0KI
17-01-13, 23:47
There were never 200 vs 200 op fights in NC1. There were never 4000 people on the servers. At the peak of NC1 there were AT THE VERY MOST 2000 people across four servers. Uranus, Saturn and Pluto had about 300-400 online mostly at a time and Jupiter occasionally got up to 500 but this was VERY rare.

I was about to say this.

The most I remember seeing was 648 after a patch. Once.

200 v 200 op-fights? I don't think the servers can even take 400 people in a single zone. Did you just add zeros to each of your numbers? xD

Exellence
17-01-13, 23:47

maybe we played different games ? ))
I had a clan with about 50 ppl.. + allies.. few times we gathered about 100+ ppl from our side.. and we had at least 100 x 100 OP fights.
Thats a fact.
Also, I took part in much larger scale wars few times.. and it did seem like around 200 x 200.
So i have no idea, where u took numbers like 500 ppl server online from.

played on Pluto btw. and that was 2002-2004.

L0KI
17-01-13, 23:59
I had a clan with about 50 ppl.. + allies.. few times we gathered about 100+ ppl from our side.. and we had at least 100 x 100 OP fights.
Thats a fact.
Also, I took part in much larger scale wars few times.. and it did seem like around 200 x 200.
So i have no idea, where u took numbers like 500 ppl server online from.

played on Pluto btw. and that was 2002-2004.

He's getting his numbers from fact and/or reliable memory. You, on the other hand are pulling yours from thin air.

Exellence
18-01-13, 00:12
ok. let it be so.

Zoltan
18-01-13, 01:27
Spring Year 2012 (25 ppl max online)
Terra - Mercury - Mars

Summer 2012 (400+ players online)
1 HAPPY Zoltan besides of hundered players online

True story! ;)

Dropout
18-01-13, 01:48
Nothing carebear about wanting to enjoy the FUN part of the game (PvP...).
Some of us do not enjoy PvE and farming, nor do we have the time for it anymore..

Faid
18-01-13, 02:32
It is fair because of the "Prime Directive" ;)

When a transfer impacts us than without item transfer, just avatar, skills and faction settings.

I really hope this isn't supposed to be directed at me :lol:

yavimaya
18-01-13, 06:41
LOL those numbers are funny as excellence!! i think you are thinking of WOW, dude.

Can someone please remind this guy what the total number of players the server can handle at once is?

Doc Holliday
18-01-13, 07:45
Its clearly bullshit or you wouldn't be backpedaling off the initial statement when someone challenges the validity of that statement.

Poesenmeter
18-01-13, 09:48
200 runner in one zone = Zonecrash !
We fought 40 vs 40 and the zone crashed ......

Setlec
18-01-13, 11:22
iirc back in 2010 when there were some rare events around the MoU in battlezone zone crashed quite a lot during the competition due to the zone having a large number of viewers (about 60ish players in that zone).

William Antrim
18-01-13, 14:01
Also you stepped down from 200 a side to 100 a side.

50% difference in the original quote.

P.s I played Pluto 2004-2005 and I NEVER saw any clans with that many people. Pluto was on the decline MASSIVELY at the end of NC1, so much so that there was even a huge thread about it. The issues of people dual logging and the psychology around a 1 player server vs the more popular 4 player servers were discussed at length. People talked about splitting their chars identities and RPing in character on this one player server compared to people getting beaten on their levelling char; then logging a capped tank from another faction to repay their griefer.

Hivemind and many other forum vets weighed in on said thread and talked at length about it.

Yeah I think you musta been playing planetside bro.

Battlefield 2 (biggest game of 2005) limited its servers to 64 players a side on the pc due to the MASSIVE amounts of server load that running a game like that could handle. Do you really think NC could handle 300% more than that.

I commend you for making everyone here laugh but seriously if youre going to make something up to make it look like you're a vet then please do a little research and actually think before you post.

Doc Holliday
18-01-13, 14:41
Also you stepped down from 200 a side to 100 a side.

50% difference in the original quote.

P.s I played Pluto 2004-2005 and I NEVER saw any clans with that many people. Pluto was on the decline MASSIVELY at the end of NC1, so much so that there was even a huge thread about it. The issues of people dual logging and the psychology around a 1 player server vs the more popular 4 player servers were discussed at length. People talked about splitting their chars identities and RPing in character on this one player server compared to people getting beaten on their levelling char; then logging a capped tank from another faction to repay their griefer.

Hivemind and many other forum vets weighed in on said thread and talked at length about it.

Yeah I think you musta been playing planetside bro.

Battlefield 2 (biggest game of 2005) limited its servers to 64 players a side on the pc due to the MASSIVE amounts of server load that running a game like that could handle. Do you really think NC could handle 300% more than that.

I commend you for making everyone here laugh but seriously if youre going to make something up to make it look like you're a vet then please do a little research and actually think before you post.

you forgot the ps Welcome back to the forums and NC :)

Ivan Eres
18-01-13, 15:07
Nothing carebear about wanting to enjoy the FUN part of the game (PvP...).
Some of us do not enjoy PvE and farming, nor do we have the time for it anymore..

There is much more to NC than only PvP.

William Antrim
18-01-13, 15:14

I think he knows that dude. PVP is the most fun part for him.... as the quote says.

Herrad
18-01-13, 15:37

I'm not sure there is you know... Especially if you look at what players are trying to achieve;

There's three things that players do in NC: Tradeskill, PvE and PvP (oh, and furnish apartments). The first two are basically, directly or indirectly, paths to the third.

People don't craft for fun (generally), they either craft to get the item they're making or craft for money (to buy items for PvE/PvP) so we can rule out tradeskilling as what players are trying to achieve.

Players do sometimes PvP just for the hell of it. I've had fun runs of juggernaught facility, who don't do anything special (xbow notwithstanding) other than be badly textured oversized warbots i.e. the exp is mediocre. But mostly PvE is a means to an end, that end being level cap/WoC so I'm still not convinced that players are trying to achieve a good PvE experience by playing NC.

That leaves us with PvP. Reaching PvP level is quite an achievement, PvP is really fun and it's a repeatable experience.

Thus I'm reasonably sure that there isn't more to NC other than its (killer) PvP.

Do feel free to pwn me in the face if there's something else to do in NC that I missed...

Surfer
18-01-13, 15:41
If i look around in my (perhaps limited but..) collection of friends that play games.
(it varies from a family father that is VERY laid back to a crazy bulgarian that is beyond hard core.. )
In almost every case they will play a game a longer time IF they need to earn their money and gear in a game then if they buy "currency" and powerlevel up to the end game.

Sure they will think its really cool to do the end game but if they havent played the game up to the endgame they havent gotten hoocked to the game, and since the next game is as easy to get to the end in they can just aswell change to that game.

Its like cheating in a game, i can guarantee that it diminishes the lenght you will want to stay in a game.

So i would say that a transfer would be bad in this case.
And no i havent logged in to check the rarepart collection on terra, dont want to :) i want to keep this belief that i have.

/S

Kragar
21-01-13, 05:41
I would like to see a transfer. I have characters that have their origins from NC1. When most of my friends left for other
games during the NC1 I continued to play but mostly soloing and crafting rares. With the transfer to NC2 we pretty much lost all gear/apartments and collections. At that time I totally refused to pay and play the game because all the time and effort I put into gearing up was "stolen". Now again seems that this is the plan and must say it sucks. For me its not the items but time that is taken away from me. I also got gear only gotten from GMs which again have been rewards for my time, which Imo shouldn't be taken away for any reason.

I have no idea of duped items and I know I don't have any so why should I be punished for things that others have done?

I understand that people want to protect a new servers economy but honestly, players already got several millions, clans have several thousands of rare tech parts and pretty much the only? items that are harder to get are MC5 implants. And seriously are the MC5 gear so overpowered that they needed a nerf on their drops?

There really isnt much content in when it comes to leveling, its a very boring grind and the game pretty much starts when one nears capped character.

Today was nice to see 42% on server but most effective leveling places were overcrowded and for what? I mean what kind of fun experience is there to have +10 people competing for the same mobs? Much more fun to put xp rate on fast leveling and let people enjoy of the end game. My guess is that a big amount of players are old NC players which are forced to relevel characters and already have experienced the end game before so I really dont see a point not making leveling faster.

yavimaya
21-01-13, 06:57
so I really dont see a point not making leveling faster.

If i look around in my (perhaps limited but..) collection of friends that play games.
(it varies from a family father that is VERY laid back to a crazy bulgarian that is beyond hard core.. )
In almost every case they will play a game a longer time IF they need to earn their money and gear in a game then if they buy "currency" and powerlevel up to the end game.

I think this sums it up, I dont have time either and would rather not be able to compete with "the best" than you have my ability to compete with them handed to me.
You explain your pain like we havent all felt it.... some of us grin and bare it until we realise that the pain is better than not.