PDA

View Full Version : Titan temporary recovery

Toast
03-10-12, 18:13
So when I get on tonight after work I will be starting a fresh character? That's cool, I will help!!!

William Antrim
03-10-12, 18:17
its not a wipe as such. they just have it in test mode to sort it out as there had to be a rollback to approximately midnight last night.

Nidhogg
03-10-12, 18:17
Thanks for your assistance. (Thread moved.)

Hammer
03-10-12, 18:22
any informations when the server will be back up? any chance for today?

Ascension
03-10-12, 18:24
its not a wipe as such. they just have it in test mode to sort it out as there had to be a rollback to approximately midnight last night.

Midnight GMT? As I've got no end of Imps etc since then!

Mokoi
03-10-12, 18:29
The last restore did leave out some characters and for others imported a working, but not the most current valid backup available.
Before anyone goes on a rampage about loss of time and items, please wait for our word on the process being complete.
As for an ETA: I know you'd like to plan (us too), but our priority at this time is not meeting a certain deadline, but restoring the server with the tiniest impact on character data as possible. Once more ... ETA = when its done™

William Antrim
03-10-12, 18:32
For the record:

I only said midnight last night because that is when I personally logged off. This afternoon I logged back on and had exactly the same character as last night, despite hearing others with problems. That was what made me say that. It is not an official statement.

Ascension
03-10-12, 18:43
The last backup that was restored to Titan, everything on my characters was correct and present.

hatmankh
03-10-12, 19:01
Is it alright to login now or will that overwrite our backups if we login and find ourselves rolled back some?

William Antrim
03-10-12, 19:05
In irc they just said server up so log in and check your char is ok.

Mokoi
03-10-12, 19:21
http://www.theentertainingelf.com/photos/The-Happy-Train!.jpg

while most chars are now fine, we would like to avoid the above (those players still affected will agree).
the server is still in testmode and will remain that way until we say otherwise (you wont miss that announcement).

Faid
03-10-12, 19:22
Ok this is confusing, Was there a roll back? If so, when exactly was it rolled back to (GMT)? I hope it wasnt midnight gmt last night because that would wipe my entire night of leveling multiple chars. Waiting for official word.

RogerRamjet
03-10-12, 19:28
If the server is in test mode does it mean any levelling etc will be lost when you revert?

Mokoi
03-10-12, 19:31
If the server is in test mode does it mean any levelling etc will be lost when you revert?

http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?f=2&a=430

yes - data recorded in the test db will not be transfered over to retail.

Mokoi
03-10-12, 20:22
testing has finished.
please keep an eye out for announcement updates on the forum or launcher.

-closed