PDA

View Full Version : first day here not so good..

kyrowfury
03-10-12, 15:22
Hi everyone, just wondering if rollbacks and server issues was a regular problem here? I was able to play enough to know I enjoy the game, yet also frustrated with the stability of the server. I'm hoping this is not common and very temporary. Seems like a gem of a game, would be a shame to have it fail..

kyrowfury

Doc Holliday
03-10-12, 15:27
This is VERY uncommon. the last time something like this happened was literally 6 years ago or more. sadly it has happened but we dont know the full extent of whats lost etc so we just have to wait patiently.

Welcome to the community and Im very sorry you picked today to start. Bad timing is all i can say but stick with it kyrow, i am sure you will grow to love it.

kyrowfury
03-10-12, 15:29
That is great to hear, thank you!

The Ottoman
03-10-12, 15:32
Are the servers down? Cause I can't get in game. Getting thrown back to the login screen with the message ' failed to connect to server'.

William Antrim
03-10-12, 15:33
They are having a few issues Ottoman. A small rollback from todays levelling has occurred. More details are in IRC.

Nidhogg
03-10-12, 15:35
Please see the announcement (http://forum.neocron.com/announcement.php?f=&a=430) and we'd really appreciate your help with our testing. Sorry for the inconvenience!

The Ottoman
03-10-12, 15:37
They are having a few issues Ottoman. A small rollback from todays levelling has occurred. More details are in IRC.

So servers are down, I suppose. Any ETA on servers going up again? Ofcourse there is no scratch on my faith in the team. They'll fix it. :D

Doc Holliday
03-10-12, 15:42
Cant test stuff properly with an LE chip in :)

KeeperHET
03-10-12, 16:14
Welcome to the wonderful world of neocron!

Tabasco
03-10-12, 16:46
Sorry to bug u guys, but how long is that "testing" going to last app. ?

William Antrim
03-10-12, 18:33
They dont give timeframes on purpose. It will be on when they fix it. Just have to wait.

Forget My Name
03-10-12, 18:48
Hi everyone, just wondering if rollbacks and server issues was a regular problem here? I was able to play enough to know I enjoy the game, yet also frustrated with the stability of the server. I'm hoping this is not common and very temporary. Seems like a gem of a game, would be a shame to have it fail..

kyrowfury

Just a quick note... The game is 100% free (as of now), so everything (money and time) is coming out of the pockets of the developers and moderators. They are doing their best to give us the best game possible given the situation, and many of us long time players are giving them our patience and support.

Neocron Titan server moved to a new Internet Provider a few days ago after massive issues with their old provider last week. What we have now is actually better than before, trust me!

You'll be in Neocron soon enough making deals with players with names like Dick Sniffer and Poon Eater, so don't worry!

Faid
03-10-12, 19:24
One good thing is that unlike the old Neocron, the volunteer staff actually do get things done in a decent amount of time :)

Doc Holliday
04-10-12, 04:10
You'll be in Neocron soon enough making deals with players with names like Dick Sniffer and Poon Eater, so don't worry!

Really wanted to take this one for a sig quote but i still think what kirk did was admirable. it started the ball rolling and we must not forget that. thanks for a good chuckle over that one though mate :)