PDA

View Full Version : Levelling Too Easy?

Haxxor
30-09-12, 13:21
Titan is what? 3-4 Weeks old? and people are already quite high levels i think for a MMORPG capping a char should take a lot longer, i know some people have been playing non stop and some other people have been exploiting.

On the other hand if you turn down exp there isnt much in NC in terms of quests/missions to keep runners occupied instead of grinding exp.

Dribble Joy
30-09-12, 13:26
Leveling in NC is considerably faster than in MMOs, mainly because the focus is not the leveling itself, but the end game.

The problem is that many people know how to level very quickly, with things like AoE being very powerful for xp gain.

Kane Gregory
30-09-12, 13:29
Leveling is too easy since the regant cave in the swamp is opened. No problems to cap ur dex as high as u can run fast and level there till WoC X.
Some other problem is (u said it right), that a lot of player exploiting as hell and there is no easy way to inform the GMs about these players.

The only way is to wait till these exploits are hardly and often punished (by presence of GMs checking the locations) or prevented and to close the regant cave or add some monsters who has hard damage and range-weapons.

Ivan Eres
30-09-12, 13:54
Titan is what? 3-4 Weeks old? and people are already quite high levels i think for a MMORPG capping a char should take a lot longer, i know some people have been playing non stop and some other people have been exploiting.

On the other hand if you turn down exp there isnt much in NC in terms of quests/missions to keep runners occupied instead of grinding exp.

Titan went retail on the 19th of September. Thats 11 days now, and it has been quite often offline too because of the DC problems.

Despite of this there are already many people who have reached WOC1 in Dex.

I reckon that reaching WOC should take months or even a year, but eleven days is really short. In my opinion this is not how it's meant to be.

The main problem in my opinion are the Drones and Regants. Both should be removed.

Dissenter
30-09-12, 14:17
Good points. One big thing is that it's an existing player base for the most part, so people know the places and weapons well. Without Regants etc it will be slower, but still pretty fast compared to most mmo's. I remember first starting and not having a clue, it took months if not years to cap characters due to knowing nothing about locations, xp, weapons etc :)

William Antrim
30-09-12, 14:30
Don't screw with the levelling speed for Christs sake. Why would you want it to take longer to get to PvP. If you want a pve game then play with pandas in wow.

Nc and the player base that is left is all about PvP. The faster that happens the better this game is going to be!

The new players need to experience that as soon as possible. Not take years.

What possible good would come of making levelling harder! Fuck.

Drachenpaladin
30-09-12, 14:31
I find it essentially important that the established leveling spot chain gets broken. At least up to the launchers people should spread out more.

Sammson
30-09-12, 14:32
Yeah I avoid regants like the plague, drones too really, it's such a boring leveling path. On the other hand, the Launcher Cyclops, Warbot, Firemob, Hoverbot path is always a challenge solo, if it starts to grind, change mob.

Dropout
30-09-12, 15:23
Don't screw with the levelling speed for Christs sake. Why would you want it to take longer to get to PvP. If you want a pve game then play with pandas in wow.

Nc and the player base that is left is all about PvP. The faster that happens the better this game is going to be!

^This!!

What is wrong with you people?! o_O

kevz
30-09-12, 15:39
Increasing the leveling time will make it difficult for future people to join the game, and feel that they 'matter'. Keeping it as it is allows a decent leveling pace to eventually get to the endgame this game was built for.

Simply put, its not a good idea ;)

Kame
30-09-12, 15:48

X2

Don't mess with the leveling speed.

The Ottoman
30-09-12, 15:49

Indeed!

I haven't got the same amount of time I used too. I can only play two hours a day. And that's not every day. I know the places to go for levelling and I'm doing it solo. I don't have to cap my char in a week but a month or so would be nice.

Touch the levelling speed and you loose a player and future paying customer. I can't be arsed to level a year to start decent pvp.

RogerRamjet
30-09-12, 15:52
The levelling speed doesn't need to change, but being able to get to WoC in little over a week does.

Load
30-09-12, 15:55
Indeed!

I haven't got the same amount of time I used too. I can only play two hours a day. And that's not every day. I know the places to go for levelling and I'm doing it solo. I don't have to cap my char in a week but a month or so would be nice.

Touch the levelling speed and you loose a player and future paying customer. I can't be arsed to level a year to start decent pvp.

QFT
i'm in exactly the same boat

Hackebeil
30-09-12, 16:06
Dude back in the old nc1 days we where nearly capped in about 3-4 days and it was fun ! Delete dat char do another one !

The Ottoman
30-09-12, 16:08
The levelling speed doesn't need to change, but being able to get to WoC in little over a week does.

Then they only should change the req for WoC. No need for changing levelling speed.

RogerRamjet
30-09-12, 16:10
Then they only should change the req for WoC. No need for changing levelling speed.

I personally think WoC as a whole needs a huge overhaul.

Haxxor
30-09-12, 16:14
Keeping it as it is allows a decent leveling pace to eventually get to the endgame this game was built for.

Endgame? Everyone capped leaves little else apart from Zone Fights in the City & The occasional OP Battle.
As it stands (minus OPs) you don't achieve anything for PvP in NC its all about Pride & Respect.

I suppose what it comes down to is, is Neocron an MMORPG or is it a MMOFPS personally i see elements from both in NC. But if people want to be capped as soon as possible and have all the best items then its becoming more of a FPS.

Jackie crack
30-09-12, 16:35
I personally think WoC as a whole needs a huge overhaul.

Agree'd woc is great for spy's/pe's, tanks can get a laucher which is a bit of fun but pretty pointless imo ... and poor old monks nuff said !

Neocron wasnt ever really a PVE based game, its all about end game pvp.

TBH how many people pvp in woc PA? not many

getting xp for woc 1 is easy, getting woc 3 bit of a grind... woc 5? does anyone have it?

Be nice to see some more items and a good balance for all classes, something worth leveling past woc1 would be nice. Yeh there is a shiny gold pa for woc 3 if a GM will spawn you one... other than for looks dont see the point in doing it at the moment.

I personally will get the xp for woc 3 as by the time i'v capped his con wont be far away and in the hope someday it will be worth getting disks and buckin out the dosh. But untill then i wont bother with a tank. If i make a combat spy i expect i will get woc1 as i like the AK

LiL T
30-09-12, 16:38
Titan went retail on the 19th of September. Thats 11 days now, and it has been quite often offline too because of the DC problems.

Despite of this there are already many people who have reached WOC1 in Dex.

I reckon that reaching WOC should take months or even a year, but eleven days is really short. In my opinion this is not how it's meant to be.

The main problem in my opinion are the Drones and Regants. Both should be removed.

Months? A year?!?

No thanks, I'd rather play another game if that were the case. They could add more reasons to continue levelling past WOC 1 but leave the levelling speed alone, most here play neocron because the grind is easier, and most don't even have the time or motivation to sit there shooting the same mobs hours per day for months or a year...

You're typically one of those types of people, who has now capped (elitist wanker), and now wants to make the game harder for the others who are content with levelling a couple of hours a day while still feeling like they are getting somewhere.

If they make the levelling take any longer I'd be forced to quit because there is no way I could stand levelling in the same place for months.

Jackie crack
30-09-12, 16:46
Yeh right, if those people want to spend months grinding away and speckles of xp and take a lifetime to achieve your goals get back to wow lol.. now there's a pointless waste of your life right there!

This game is made up of mostly old players who love and appreciate it, wanna pop on now and then casually and get stuck into some pvp with friends.. not grind like a bitch foreveeeerrrrrr!

We're all a bit more grown up now and cant sit on games for 10-12 hours a day like when we were kids. I have 3 children and full time job + my mrs is ill i come on uk evening times and a little at weekends some times and my toons almost capped, thats nice i wouldnt have the time to put in otherwise

RogerRamjet
30-09-12, 16:55
People are hardly suggesting it to take months to cap a char. KK are already dealing with the Ceres Labs, and Regants certainly needs a look at. Everyones found piss easy methods of leveling because of easily "exploited" poorly implemented high level dungeons. That's the bottom line.

Remove those two dungeons, and it's still hardly difficult to cap a character.

Jackie crack
30-09-12, 17:02
Yeh well i agree that regents is stupidly easy to level there solo, thats where most people are power leveling and indeed i have been since i left aggies at rank 20. Its a bit like the old swamp caves when you didnt get hit standing in the water.. people will always find a way round these things if the game allows it but i wouldnt say this is an exploit as such, just poor coding lol

My first ever char was leveled and capped as melee on aggies/cyclops/warbots took a loooong time, but that was a long time ago when the game was new, fresh and exciting now i just wanna cap asap and pvp

Load
30-09-12, 17:07
i'd say just set WoC level 1 to be the equivalent to WoC 5 now, that way people who want to work to use AK crossbow etc can do so, but actually have to work at it for a long time and will have an advantage rather that it just being a minimum requirement for PvP

Jackie crack
30-09-12, 17:11
haha yeh can you imagine trying to woc5 a pe, id rather shoot myself in the face!

Peter-Lustig
30-09-12, 17:11

<3 you say all what i think

RogerRamjet
30-09-12, 17:16
i'd say just set WoC level 1 to be the equivalent to WoC 5 now, that way people who want to work to use AK crossbow etc can do so, but actually have to work at it for a long time and will have an advantage rather that it just being a minimum requirement for PvP

That's my gripe with WoC, it seems to have become a necessity (because of the ease to achieve it) rather than a badge of honour. I'd be happy to see the removal of it from Titan.

Forget My Name
30-09-12, 17:26
Leveling in NC is fine, and I find it slower that most other games anyway.

My only issue is making more leveling areas spread out amongst the world, and somehow letting new players know about them. Perhaps in a starting email you are told about the Neocron Zoo, and when you go there, there are NPCs based on rank, and they could give you general ideas of where to go to level, so everyone isn't stuck doing cellars, Bunker, Reagants.

Dribble Joy
30-09-12, 17:59
haha yeh can you imagine trying to woc5 a pe, id rather shoot myself in the face!
*Cough* (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?141494-Finally)

Faid
30-09-12, 18:23
Lets all remember that they've dramatically changed the availability of obtaining any woc levels with the closure of the woc tunnels. You will still need a woc disc to activate woc1, and from what im understanding it's gonna be very difficult to obtain these discs from now on.

I think the leveling speed is just fine the way it is. End game content isnt just pvp in p2 or op wars. If you do the high level stuff like mc5 or doy tunnels legitimately you'll need to be near capped just to survive.

On a side note anyone remember this place, people would cap overnight in here :p

http://forums.synergyxr.net/download/file.php?id=2678&mode=view

Drevious
30-09-12, 18:42
LOL @ if they closed regants how many ppl would stop playing the new server

RogerRamjet
30-09-12, 18:48
LOL @ if they closed regants how many ppl would stop playing the new server

If that's their raison d'etre for playing then I don't think they'd be a loss to the game.

Drevious
30-09-12, 19:00
any one person is a loss to the game at this point

Chuck Norris
30-09-12, 19:08
This game is more like diablo hack n slash then any MMO..... the fact that GM's are giving some local players unfair advantages still after all these years speaks volumes about the underhanded nepotism that goes on with NUKKLEAR... WTf moving WoC disks so only some people will know. GOOD GAME GUYS!; how much more favoritism can you show, go ahead and spawn them some woC 3 pas also lol!

all this to try and make euros king again ;)

Just remove woc its only good for spies anyways and they can get it in a day or less!

Mangalo
30-09-12, 19:10
Let's be honest here, PvE is pretty boring, and the grind, as short as it may be, is still just that, Grind. PVP is the star of the show here because of the FPS combat system.

RogerRamjet
30-09-12, 19:13
any one person is a loss to the game at this point

So by removing or changing a dungeon that has been abused for years will lead people to stop playing?

Conversely, would letting people effectively do what they like inside or outside the rules bring larger populations? Look at what happened to Terra which was effectively lawless. I'd say not.

As with all games, people will push the boundaries and make it easier for themselves if they can, doesn't mean it should be tolerated.

hatmankh
30-09-12, 19:15
..... the fact that GM's are giving some local players unfair advantages still after all these years speaks volumes about the underhanded nepotism that goes on with NUKKLEAR... WTf moving WoC disks so only some people will know. GOOD GAME GUYS!; how much more favoritism can you show, go ahead and spawn them some woC 3 pas also lol!

all this to try and make euros king again ;)

No one knows which sectors will have the disc dropping enemies and no one knows at which times they will reset, how anyone could take this development as favoring euros, it just, it just....

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/112/480/OpoQQ.jpg?1302279568

Oh and for your information, none of the work currently being done on NC2 has anything to do with Nukklear, its all a volunteer team.

Chuck Norris
30-09-12, 19:17
No one knows which sectors will have the disc dropping enemies and no one knows at which times they will reset, how anyone could take this development as favoring euros, it just, it just....

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/112/480/OpoQQ.jpg?1302279568

Oh and for your information, none of the work currently being done on NC2 has anything to do with Nukklear, its all a volunteer team.

thats funny I hear people already know where, I guess we'll see whos all Woc'd out first wont we?

Drachenpaladin
30-09-12, 20:10
thats funny I hear people already know where, I guess we'll see whos all Woc'd out first wont we?

So what? you failed to find the sector first and now you yell power abuse?

Chuck Norris
30-09-12, 20:31
So what? you failed to find the sector first and now you yell power abuse?

nice justification lol see how it begins!!!..... actually I already know, I dont even play on titan though... let the abuse begin all over again!

Apocalypsox
30-09-12, 20:38
You're an idiot. The WoC disks will be placed randomly by GMs and that setup is being used to get rid of the problematic disk farming.

I think you're just mad you can't farm the disks any more.

Also lol at people saying drones should be removed.

William Antrim
30-09-12, 20:52
I think they should just make it easier for non droners to do mc5 and the woc tunnel. Problem solved.

Apocalypsox
30-09-12, 21:03
I think overall NPC damage needs to be looked at. It makes doing much on the high end of the scale pretty difficult. Drones just make it easy because you aren't actually dieing, just losing 3-5k.

Dissenter
30-09-12, 21:07
Having never played a droner this might be a stupid question, when drones are destroyed do droners get any SI?

Jackie crack
30-09-12, 21:16
yes a little like 4% or something

Icewalk
30-09-12, 21:17
You should go out and EXPLORE THE WORLD THEN! Instead of going to spots that you and all your buddies know of. There's a big adventure to be found in the wasteland if you actually look around, and explore! I have many many fond memories of fights all over the wasteland.

And also, the drug deals we used to make in PP. We'd have a group of people sitting at a table, and some random runner would walk in and get schnitzeled.

Leveling as is, is just how it used to be. The hardest part was always getting your perfect rare weapon to me. 5 slotter of DDM. (Death, Destruction, Mayhem, also typically Radio)!

Dribble Joy
30-09-12, 22:32
Problem is that some people treat this as a CS server, not an MMORPG and find the very idea of leveling offensive.

Forget My Name
30-09-12, 22:59
5 slotter of DDM. (Death, Destruction, Mayhem, also typically Radio)!

LOL... DDM... That is the name of my gaming clan :) Shame none of them care about Neocron....

Chuck Norris
30-09-12, 23:53
dmg needs to really be adjusted, people are forced into the same spots cause most old level spots have been broken beyond belief Graves, Swamp caves, el fraid, Doy bottom tunnels all come to mind! your basically forced to drone in half the places or you will instantly die.

Sammson
01-10-12, 00:14
Let's be honest here, PvE is pretty boring, and the grind, as short as it may be, is still just that, Grind. PVP is the star of the show here because of the FPS combat system.Yeah this, so get rid of all the zones except Regants, P1 and P2, delete all low lvl weapons except RK drones, all armor tradeskills etc, it only loads the server needlessly. Better yet get rid of Regants too and just start chars capped with a 5 slotter, it's all just a boring grind right? Been hearing this from the PVP elite for 10 years now, yet when the servers were at 1%, it's was the PVE community that kept this game from dieing completely. Funny thing is when there was no safe zone in P1, P2 was deserted. PVP is the star? Well maybe, but PVE/the trades are the heart and soul of this game, give it some credit.

Dropout
01-10-12, 01:00
Been hearing this from the PVP elite for 10 years now, yet when the servers were at 1%, it's was the PVE community that kept this game from dieing completely. Funny thing is when there was no safe zone in P1, P2 was deserted. PVP is the star? Well maybe, but PVE/the trades are the heart and soul of this game, give it some credit.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Haxxor
01-10-12, 03:10
Problem is that some people treat this as a CS server, not an MMORPG and find the very idea of leveling offensive.

That you :D

I think that's what my opening post should of been :lol:

yavimaya
01-10-12, 04:34

Do what this person says.... or else!

Haxxor
01-10-12, 10:12

Do what this person says.... or else!

Why the threats guys its just a debate about levelling speed.
How old are some of you, you're acting like little kids.

yavimaya
01-10-12, 11:23
Why the threats guys its just a debate about levelling speed.
How old are some of you, you're acting like little kids.

Well mine was meant to be a joke, i guess it doesnt look like it though.
I've been here on and off for 10 years, with nothing but good thoughts of KK, i dont think im going to turn on them now, especially so harshly for such a small thing.

But.
I am 31 with a house to look after/do up and a business that i am stuck at 60 hours per week.
So although i am not threatening them, tbh if they did slow leveling down i dont think i would bother.
As it is, even when i was 20 i couldnt keep up with leveling and collecting items/ money, i have no hope now and slower leveling speeds would just make even trying to level one guy a pointless exersize.

William Antrim
01-10-12, 11:58
I think the reactions have come so harshly because it is probably the worst idea ever posted on this forum.

Shazam
01-10-12, 14:40
i dont think that levelling should be made harder or longer. Like yavimara i have been on off this game for past 8 - 10 years and now with houses and kids etc in the picture game playing time is few and far between so increasing the amount of time it takes before i can play around with pvp would be a big put off for me. if your bored of shooting the same old mobs, go lvl somewhere else

Dribble Joy
01-10-12, 19:12
To clarify my position, I think the leveling speed as it is is fine, but there are certain areas that need to be looked at. Regants is an obvious case.

Haxxor
01-10-12, 19:25
I am 31 with a house to look after/do up and a business that i am stuck at 60 hours per week.

Like yavimara i have been on off this game for past 8 - 10 years and now with houses and kids etc in the picture game playing time is few and far between so increasing the amount of time it takes before i can play around with pvp would be a big put off for me.

Neocron is the same fundamental game it was 10 years ago, things have been added, changed & removed but underneath its the same old game. Now that we're all older and have less time the game is being treated like a pick up and put down game.
I get the feeling some people just want to level asap, log on, pew pew pew, log off.

RP is a big part of NC that has been left behind.

Forget My Name
01-10-12, 19:35
To clarify my position, I think the leveling speed as it is is fine, but there are certain areas that need to be looked at. Regants is an obvious case.

Obvious case? What is wrong with Regants?

William Antrim
01-10-12, 19:58
PvP is what made nc survive. RP is an element but levelling and rp are two very different things.

That is why you're getting the negative responses to making PvP harder or slower to get into.

How much rp have you seen in nc? Really?

Haxxor
01-10-12, 21:37
That is why you're getting the negative responses to making PvP harder or slower to get into.

Do you need to be capped to PvP honestly?
Why not low level pvp or mid level pvp?

William Antrim
01-10-12, 22:01
Do you play nc? Do you see any mid or low level PvP? There is a reason for that.

The majority of the population, from my experience, wants to cap and then begin to PvP. This is how the game was meant to be played. There is no reward for mid level PvP. People would rather be levelling. So that they can spend all of their time pvping at cap.

That's what I think most if not all of us want. Don't you agree?

Kame
01-10-12, 22:04
Given the extreme competitiveness between hardcore OP waring clans, people prefer to have a setup that is AT LEAST on par with the enemy's. The standard used to be capped chars, and now it's WoC. Appart from a few missing INT lv's on monks, I highly doubt you will find people OP waring with un-capped chars.

Mid/Low lv PVP could happen within the city, but I think no one wants to start leaving belts all over the place while lv'ing.

Dissenter
02-10-12, 00:04
There was a lot more low and mid level PvP when the LE reduced XP by 30%! This in-turn slowed leveling due to getting ganked so much, lol

Chuck Norris
02-10-12, 00:19
lots of pre cap pvp in nc1, when everyone could win easily (everyone was OP) without/before WoC being capped was not as big of a deal not nearly the nead for min maxing.... what made you pimping was a kami

Faid
02-10-12, 01:36
The standard for op wars is not woc leveled. Most op wars consist of dissy spys, dev tanks, and PPU's. The only viable woc char usually would be an AK spy but it certainly isnt needed to compete.

Dropout
02-10-12, 01:37
The standard for op wars is not woc leveled. Most op wars consist of dissy spys, dev tanks, and PPU's. The only viable woc char usually would be an AK spy but it certainly isnt needed to compete.

Very true. However Dissy is incredible boring to use, compared to AK :p

yavimaya
02-10-12, 06:34
I guess the point is people these days want to finish lvling before they pvp properly - or even take thier LE out.
Back in NC1, sure people fought earlier, but dont mistake that for RP, even back in the good old days, even when people were trying to RP, it wasnt actually RP, just kids trying and failing.

Dont slow the XP rate down! make LE's push requirements higher again, if they were to slow xp with LE again, 10% this time, not 30 please.

Spoon
02-10-12, 06:34
Obvious case? What is wrong with Regants?

I would say AoE'ing through walls, where the mobs can't get to you...pretty sure that's an exploit...

Safe spotting..

Somewhat questionable mob damage, range and AI..

And having a whole herd of high level mobs in the boss room, that you can AoE, where else can you find that in the game, besides the Ceres Labs which are now closed, chaos cave is close, but I don't remember CC being as high a level as what's in Regants...
El Farid is just plain broke now, and the Graves doesn't have the concentration, they(mobs) are more spread out than in Regants, more like the upper areas of Regants....

Forget My Name
02-10-12, 06:50
I would say AoE'ing through walls, where the mobs can't get to you...pretty sure that's an exploit...

Safe spotting..

Somewhat questionable mob damage, range and AI..

And having a whole herd of high level mobs in the boss room, that you can AoE, where else can you find that in the game, besides the Ceres Labs which are now closed, chaos cave is close, but I don't remember CC being as high a level as what's in Regants...
El Farid is just plain broke now, and the Graves doesn't have the concentration, they(mobs) are more spread out than in Regants, more like the upper areas of Regants....

I don't see any of that as a problem with Regants, but rather a problem with all the other place.

1) AOE though walls. So? The game has AOE damage that goes through walls. That is a game mechanic, not an exploit.

2) Safe Spotting. I don't know what that is, but as long as it isn't breaking the game mechanics as in sticking yourself INSIDE an object not meant to shield the player then who cares?

As a Tank, I can ALWAYS position myself against an object to my left, so that the cannon on the right can aim and fire past the object, while still shielding me. That is called cover.

I am not saying you meant this, but I am getting tired of people yelling exploit at anything you do in game to take cover. It seems people want to play this fucking game on a flat plane with NOTHING aroujd you. Just you, a mob, and the ground under your feet.

3) Mob damage, range and AI. I can't comment on that since Regant mobs act like every other mob in the game. All mobs have the same exact AI except for some bosses. As for damage and Range, They do more than enough of both. Just don't get close, or do you expect every fight in Neocron to be melee ranged?

4) Herding. Yeah, so? Some players are able to use twitch skills to herd the mobs around. Not everyone can do that. I see people die there ALL THE TIME. With the way damage/armor "works" I can be at 1200 health, then drop to 400 in a second without any rubber banding. I got too close, I deserved the hit.

5) All the other places. Those places had obvious exploit spots, which was why they were closed.

6) Graves. Here is where I am confused... You say Regants needs to be fixed because the mobs are too close and can be herded. Then you say graves isn't worth going to because the mobs are spread out. Which one do you want? Either mobs are going to be spread out, or bunched up. How about different places have both, so players who want to farm Regants' group up mobs can, and players who want to farm Graves' more spread out mobs can as well.

I'll explain why I use Regants. Not because it is easy, but because the rest of the game is too hard. If I zone incorrectly, I have Hoverbombers over my head. TWO HITS, I am dead out of sync. vehicle stuck out in the middle of nowhere. Grim Persecutors... Get too close, BAM, on fire, BAM lose 898 life, BAM dead.

I fully understand that Neocron 2.2 was never finished, and we have an unbalanced mess at the moment, but Regants allows players to cap their Runners in a short time for end game pvp. I'll be damned if I have to play sniper as a Tank to kill one Grim at 3k meters at a time, so I might cap in 2 months.

TLDR: Regants is fine as a leveling spot for end game PvP. The rest of the game needs to be reworked, moved around and fixed so there are more places to level at instead of just Regants. Don't make Regants shitty like the rest of the Wastes, make the rest of the Wastes as good as Regants. Entice players to explore and find new leveling spots.

yavimaya
02-10-12, 07:13
i certainly think the rest is too hard which makes regeants ok as it is.
However there is no denying the fact that when regeants was first proposed it was meant to be as hard as or harder than MC5, it was meant to take 40 WOC5 chars just to kill 1 mob in that place, but instead because of damage not being dealt like 99% of the time, its a leveling place now.

Forget My Name
02-10-12, 07:50
i certainly think the rest is too hard which makes regeants ok as it is.
However there is no denying the fact that when regeants was first proposed it was meant to be as hard as or harder than MC5, it was meant to take 40 WOC5 chars just to kill 1 mob in that place, but instead because of damage not being dealt like 99% of the time, its a leveling place now.

Yeah, I can see that, but only in a Necron game where the PvE is balanced out for fairness and fun. But as is, with the game balance all over the place, and leveling more a chore than fun, having a way to get to the meat of Neocron, end game PvP, through Regants is better than not having any at all.

One day Regants can become the PvE end game paradise players may want to be challenged by, but today, nor tomorrow, is such a change needed.

Kane Gregory
02-10-12, 07:56
1) AOE though walls. So? The game has AOE damage that goes through walls. That is a game mechanic, not an exploit.

That's true. But I think it's a "simple" bug that is not punished. I hope it will fixed in the future.

2) Safe Spotting. I don't know what that is, but as long as it isn't breaking the game mechanics as in sticking yourself INSIDE an object not meant to shield the player then who cares?

Safe Spoitting means, that you stand on a spot where u can't be hit by the enemy. Maybe in the caves are some spots where a used by riggers to get no damage while changing the drone. And it's really a problem because u can lvl while ur afk.

As a Tank, I can ALWAYS position myself against an object to my left, so that the cannon on the right can aim and fire past the object, while still shielding me. That is called cover.

Yeah but it's an old game and the KI isn't intelligent enough to rush forward and break ur cover down. But it is not the only problem. The second problem is, that the monsters could hit ur arm (which holding the weapon) but it isn't possible because there is no hitbox or line of sight or whatever.

I am not saying you meant this, but I am getting tired of people yelling exploit at anything you do in game to take cover. It seems people want to play this fucking game on a flat plane with NOTHING aroujd you. Just you, a mob, and the ground under your feet.

I really only report stuff or tell people if it's really an exploit. That means zero rank bug or safespotting. The cover-thing is currently okay for me.

I'm not ready with my comment. But I have to go to work now. I resume my post later.

Apocalypsox
02-10-12, 08:05
Safespotting is a bannable exploit, and abusing the damage through walls mechanic could most likely be considered an extension of this.

This IS an exploit and isn't being tolerated from what I've seen. Don't do it, don't have to worry about it.

yavimaya
02-10-12, 08:08
That's true. But I think it's a "simple" bug that is not punished. I hope it will fixed in the future.

Safe Spoitting means, that you stand on a spot where u can't be hit by the enemy. Maybe in the caves are some spots where a used by riggers to get no damage while changing the drone. And it's really a problem because u can lvl while ur afk.

Are you telling us that droners are meant to stand in the open and not in a "safespot" while droning!?
Theres no way in hell thats what KK thought when they decided to put drones in!

Yeah but it's an old game and the KI isn't intelligent enough to rush forward and break ur cover down. But it is not the only problem. The second problem is, that the monsters could hit ur arm (which holding the weapon) but it isn't possible because there is no hitbox or line of sight or whatever.

Does that mean when the NPC's walk through boxes, or are half behind boxes and your bullets fly at the middle of them and dont register damage, that the NPC is cheating via safespotting?

I really only report stuff or tell people if it's really an exploit. That means zero rank bug or safespotting. The cover-thing is currently okay for me.

I sure hope you dont report people for the zero rank bug! there are plenty of times when this happens and the player cannot get a rank back - dont tell me they should spend 5 minutes trying, they shouldnt have to do any more than load a gun/replace a bit of armour, if that fails, too bad.
I sure hope you know those people arent afk or droners before reporting safespotters.
These reports are far too easily abused by players, it should be up to GM's to decide who is in the wrong.

Dribble Joy
02-10-12, 08:15
Zero rank can happen quite by accident, was always happening to me at the bunker.

As for regants, even if you don't exploit, the xp available is crazy for how easy it is. Soloing the boss room in any form is not something I see as appropriate for the level of mobs.

Forget My Name
02-10-12, 08:44
Zero rank can happen quite by accident, was always happening to me at the bunker.

As for regants, even if you don't exploit, the xp available is crazy for how easy it is. Soloing the boss room in any form is not something I see as appropriate for the level of mobs.

And fighting mobs in the wastelands that can 2 shot a capped tank is not something I see as appropriate either.

Heaven Forbid I try playing a Pistol user or Melee Tank, and charge anything in the wastelands... lol.

Dissenter
02-10-12, 13:44
And fighting mobs in the wastelands that can 2 shot a capped tank is not something I see as appropriate either.

Heaven Forbid I try playing a Pistol user or Melee Tank, and charge anything in the wastelands... lol.

Damn right, my pistol PE is struggling now to do much without support apart from Regents. Make regents just a little harder, and make some of the other caves easier?

Spoon
02-10-12, 16:58
6) Graves. Here is where I am confused... You say Regants needs to be fixed because the mobs are too close and can be herded. Then you say graves isn't worth going to because the mobs are spread out. Which one do you want?...

I didn't say the Graves isn't worth doing..
I am saying there is no other place in the game that you can zone into, and have a nice group of mobs at that level that you can AoE, zone, rinse and repeat...
You don't get groups of mobs like that in the wastes, at least not where it happens with any regularity, plus the spawn mobs aren't over 72/72(I think)...
Graves is the only place that is close, but it takes a little bit of work to get more than a few snakes grouped up to AoE...

Forget My Name
02-10-12, 20:36
Ah, thank you for explaining to me what you meant. I see your point :)

Model192
02-10-12, 21:33
Leveling speed is fine, it's about the means justifying the ends. The only thing I don't approve of is that most of the rare weapons are nearly useless for PVP (slasher, pain easer, etc), while WoC weapons for PE/Spy are godly.

In any cyberpunk game the top end choices are about STYLE, as most numbers would run the same and be balanced. Style has all but left this game. Let's get some style.

Forget My Name
02-10-12, 22:46
Leveling speed is fine, it's about the means justifying the ends. The only thing I don't approve of is that most of the rare weapons are nearly useless for PVP (slasher, pain easer, etc), while WoC weapons for PE/Spy are godly.

In any cyberpunk game the top end choices are about STYLE, as most numbers would run the same and be balanced. Style has all but left this game. Let's get some style.

Even though you play a gimped, jealous PE.... I agree with you. :P :P

Top end weapons of a certain type should all be the same damage wise, but have different ways/styles of doing it. I agree 100% with this.

gstyle40
03-10-12, 00:06
Lets all remember that they've dramatically changed the availability of obtaining any woc levels with the closure of the woc tunnels. You will still need a woc disc to activate woc1, and from what im understanding it's gonna be very difficult to obtain these discs from now on.

I think the leveling speed is just fine the way it is. End game content isnt just pvp in p2 or op wars. If you do the high level stuff like mc5 or doy tunnels legitimately you'll need to be near capped just to survive.

On a side note anyone remember this place, people would cap overnight in here :p

http://forums.synergyxr.net/download/file.php?id=2678&mode=view

I totally remember that place. I remember when "I " found it and realized how epic of a spot it was, and how each one of those lil guys dropped tech parts. I also remember how word spread throughout the server and it became a gank fest LOL. How could I forget?

gstyle40
03-10-12, 00:26
I don't see any of that as a problem with Regants, but rather a problem with all the other place.

3) Mob damage, range and AI. I can't comment on that since Regant mobs act like every other mob in the game. All mobs have the same exact AI except for some bosses. As for damage and Range, They do more than enough of both. Just don't get close, or do you expect every fight in Neocron to be melee ranged?

4) Herding. Yeah, so? Some players are able to use twitch skills to herd the mobs around. Not everyone can do that. I see people die there ALL THE TIME. With the way damage/armor "works" I can be at 1200 health, then drop to 400 in a second without any rubber banding. I got too close, I deserved the hit.

5) All the other places. Those places had obvious exploit spots, which was why they were closed.

6) Graves. Here is where I am confused... You say Regants needs to be fixed because the mobs are too close and can be herded. Then you say graves isn't worth going to because the mobs are spread out. Which one do you want? Either mobs are going to be spread out, or bunched up. How about different places have both, so players who want to farm Regants' group up mobs can, and players who want to farm Graves' more spread out mobs can as well.

I'll explain why I use Regants. Not because it is easy, but because the rest of the game is too hard. If I zone incorrectly, I have Hoverbombers over my head. TWO HITS, I am dead out of sync. vehicle stuck out in the middle of nowhere. Grim Persecutors... Get too close, BAM, on fire, BAM lose 898 life, BAM dead.

I fully understand that Neocron 2.2 was never finished, and we have an unbalanced mess at the moment, but Regants allows players to cap their Runners in a short time for end game pvp. I'll be damned if I have to play sniper as a Tank to kill one Grim at 3k meters at a time, so I might cap in 2 months.

TLDR: Regants is fine as a leveling spot for end game PvP. The rest of the game needs to be reworked, moved around and fixed so there are more places to level at instead of just Regants. Don't make Regants shitty like the rest of the Wastes, make the rest of the Wastes as good as Regants. Entice players to explore and find new leveling spots.

I wholeheartedly agree with this