PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED]Beam Weapons don't aaways damage players

CMaster
29-09-12, 11:14
So this is one is as old as the hills, but here we go:

Beam weapons (laser beam, raygun, plasma wave) will sometimes not deal damage when fired at a player, even though they clearly score a hit. Rayguns have suffered this noticeably for all of NC2, however it only became striking with other beams since 2.2. Curiously, the FPS of the target player seems to effect the likelihood of this occurring - higher frame rates make damage more likely to be shrugged off.

Dropout
29-09-12, 13:13
Yeah that bug has been around since 2.2 sadly.
I didnt know that frame rate had anything to do with it though - that would explain why some of the people I have fought in the past, always hit with beam weapons though.
And lol at still being able to learn new Things about NC o_O

William Antrim
29-09-12, 14:05
This is why noone uses the healing light now then for a guess! (A secret spy nerf! :shock: )

nabbl
16-10-12, 19:03
push it ... this problem is a real mess.

Currently you cannot defend yourself with the beam weapons you use for leveling.
Spy with AK or Dissy coming? Try to defend yourself with a Ravager or Creed. You hit 10/10 times. Damage is registering like 1/10 times.
That is not funny!

Dropout
16-10-12, 19:09
push it ... this problem is a real mess.

Currently you cannot defend yourself with the beam weapons you use for leveling.
Spy with AK or Dissy coming? Try to defend yourself with a Ravager or Creed. You hit 10/10 times. Damage is registering like 1/10 times.
That is not funny!

In the case of the Creed Im quite happy that beam weapons Works as bad as they do.. Creed would be the most overpowered weapon in the game if it would register all shots..
Obviously I do agree that beam weapons should "be fixed" if even possible. But I really hope that Creed will be balanced before.

Kanedax
16-10-12, 20:18
I miss when my creed would drop spies in 4 shots....

:cool:

Dropout
16-10-12, 20:29
I miss when my creed would drop spies in 4 shots....

:cool:

Haha yeah, everone did use Creed for a short while - Myself included.
Funny how there were SO many more tanks, than spies at opfights back then... :p

L0KI
31-10-12, 16:16
This also applies to rayguns on the test server. With both players standing still, 100% of hits register.

With both players moving quickly in a duel, around 60-70% of successful hits apply damage to the player target.

Please do what you can with this one, the RoLH is my weapon of choice! Always has, and always will be!

nabbl
31-10-12, 16:43
I think this problem needs more attention.
With this being fixed, there would be a lot more variety in weapon choice.

Dropout
31-10-12, 18:32
I think this problem needs more attention.
With this being fixed, there would be a lot more variety in weapon choice.

Some straight up nerfs would be needed though.. As mentioned somewhere above, the Creed would be insanely overpowered, if it was fixed.
I obviously do hope that it gets fixed though. Rayguns are sexy as hell! :D