PDA

View Full Version : Which mobs drop tech?

Forget My Name
29-09-12, 03:39
It has been years, since the start of 2.2, and I am a little lost...

Can someone provide a list of mobs that drop tech parts?

I used to hunt Warbots, but I know that isn't what we do anymore, sadly.

I am just looking for some new game to hunt for techs, but don't know which ones do.

Dropout
29-09-12, 04:30

I am just looking for some new game to hunt for techs, but don't know which ones do.

Firemobs are definately the easiest way to get techs.
I cant remember the names of the firemobs that does drop techs though - its been years since I last farmed techs :)

Bozz-Von Mel
29-09-12, 04:35
Doomreapers, Grim Percs, Grim Chasers are your best bet.

Forget My Name
29-09-12, 04:46
Ah yeah.... Very true.... I forgot about fire mobs ha!

Thank you gentlemen :)

\\Fényx//
29-09-12, 05:24
warbots still drop techs, just not the amount they used to, I got about 30 today total... although that was alotta kills for 30 techs

Forget My Name
29-09-12, 05:45
warbots still drop techs, just not the amount they used to, I got about 30 today total... although that was alotta kills for 30 techs

Yeah, well... I don't feel like getting 60 hack for warbots on my tank.

aKe`cj
29-09-12, 05:52
Yeah, well... I don't feel like getting 60 hack for warbots on my tank.

Yeah... wouldn't make much sense. I find you can solo farm them fire mobs pretty comfortable on a tank equipped with some nice fireproof undies and a creed (or some other viable laser pew pew while rares are rare :) ).

Drevious
29-09-12, 05:52
If I remember right it takes even more than 60 hack to open titans. They made em harder to hack and drop less rares. still no one knows why...

alehound
29-09-12, 08:49

Terror raptors, some hoverbots, horrors and brutes also drop the techs. ooh and terror leapers...

dWintermut3
29-09-12, 08:53
Warbots, hoverbots, all fire mobs, most upper-end dungeon bosses (chaos queen, etc).

yavimaya
29-09-12, 08:53
Terror raptors, some hoverbots, horrors and brutes also drop the techs. ooh and terror leapers...

They are still ingame?
I used to hunt them alot in nc1, havent seen one in years and years.

Dribble Joy
29-09-12, 09:53
If I remember right it takes even more than 60 hack to open titans. They made em harder to hack and drop less rares. still no one knows why...
It can be done but you have to wait a bit afterwards, as the hack gets slightly easier the longer you leave it. Right-clicking the mobs will prevent them from despawning.

They are still ingame?
I used to hunt them alot in nc1, havent seen one in years and years.
Yes, they are around but not very common.

NAPPER
29-09-12, 10:48
The Hoverbombers are very good if u can kill them quick enough and for them not to land in trees. but if you do this then relog after ever kill so you know where its landed if you dont some times you cant reach it.

Powerpunsh
29-09-12, 12:18
Everything 75< beside dungeonmobs.

Jackie crack
29-09-12, 15:47
I been doing them with a S.T.O.R.M lazor, it works bit slow tho if your used to a 5 slot creed.

I would say best non-rare weapon will be a CA special forces plasma wave for grim's

William Antrim
29-09-12, 16:39
What about the TT cannon?

Jackie crack
29-09-12, 16:43
is that the tl75 lazor cannon?

LiL T
29-09-12, 17:21
I remember there are some poisonous worm type mobs around el farid and other places that use to drop parts.

/edit I think they are called "Small Sand Crawler"

Brown caterpillar things that stack poison, but they are too few of them.

Nikabolokov
29-09-12, 18:19
Don,t think they ever dropped techs, I'm thinking your getting confused with hazard worms(if thats the correct name)

Dribble Joy
29-09-12, 18:45
Hazard Worms indeed. Around /80 I think. Can be found where the sand crawlers spawn in the northern desert areas.

LiL T
29-09-12, 18:56
Don,t think they ever dropped techs, I'm thinking your getting confused with hazard worms(if thats the correct name)

Hazard Worms indeed. Around /80 I think. Can be found where the sand crawlers spawn in the northern desert areas.

Yeah that's them, they are good because they don't need hacking, but not many of them to be found and I do believe they are in zones with doy bots that hurt like hell if they hit you.

William Antrim
29-09-12, 19:01
Yeah Lil T is correct. Hazard Worms were rarer than Terror Leapers tbh.

Doc Holliday
29-09-12, 19:07
Avenger or Yutano. im not sure which. they still there. poison fuckers. could be worth trying for techs though. 77 and above remember. over 100 rank means guaranteed techs.

William Antrim
29-09-12, 19:12
I think the circuit we used to run is the best place for firemob farming. I miss those old days. Too much shit in the rare pool now. Premium parts are gonna cost a fortune I can see it.

Chuck Norris
29-09-12, 20:04
I think the circuit we used to run is the best place for firemob farming. I miss those old days. Too much shit in the rare pool now. Premium parts are gonna cost a fortune I can see it.

ya waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much useless parts in the pool now!