PDA

View Full Version : Stance on multi-logging?

Dissenter
28-09-12, 19:25
Is there any official stand on having multiple accounts online at once by the same person?

One main selling point of starting Titan was the fresh economy, but I fear multiple accounts will soon be very detrimental to this. I'm not saying having multiple accounts is wrong, but money that would normally be sunk into other people is staying put when 1 person can poke themselves with an alt, or ress/construct/barter their own gear - even noticed people both driving and gunning a tank with 2 separate accounts.

Does anyone have an opinion on this? as it seems to be a bit of a grey area. I'm not meaning to have a rant and be up in arms about it, but merely making an observation that this will certainly be affecting the ingame economy.

Chuck Norris
28-09-12, 19:33
do eeeet, only way youll get your tradeskilling or team leveling done in the the off hours!

what doesnt effect the in game economy? might as well make it one slot server tooo LAME!

Kanedax
28-09-12, 19:35
I think multi-logging is fine. It used to be necessary back on terra with the shitty pops but also, if I have a repper on one account and combat chars on another it allows me to rep my stuff without fear of being scammed. Making multi-logging illegal would be stupid IMO. It would add nothing to the experience and as it is now it does absolutely no damage to the way the game is played.

Dissenter
28-09-12, 19:43
Personally it feels like a far cry from Nc 1 retail. Then if no one was online, man up and level alone. Nobody to repair you or poke you? Tough. Go level without armor, or log onto an alt.

I totally see why people do it, and yes many things affect the economy, but do you see how much more funds are staying with 1 person? That is my main point, it seems very soon the people with more accounts and the will to tradeskill on one and level on another simultaneously will quickly hoarde a large amount of credits and loot compared to a person with a pve and a tradeskiller on the same account, no?

Kanedax
28-09-12, 19:47
Not really, if you have one account you get a friend to help you transfer the item to your tradeskiller and then back to your combat char. Also, the amounts of money you're talking about is peanuts. Money will still change hands, especially now that the server isn't inundated with rares. The sale of rares, and trust me it will be prevalent, will cause transfers of cash in the millions. I think this is much ado about nothing.

Edit: Also, this isn't NC1 retail and people should stop expecting it to be that.

Chuck Norris
28-09-12, 19:51
I think this is much ado about nothing.

Edit: Also, this isn't NC1 retail and people should stop expecting it to be that.
exactly this sounds like a jealousy issue lol..... and this is nothing like NC1 in NC1 a tradeskiller could level up completely off tradeskilling... also the survivability in NC1 PVE is totally doable without armor and imps. Unfortunately its not very feasible in nc2.2 gotta minmax it, push it the limit!

Dissenter
28-09-12, 19:53
Agreed this isn't NC1, the game is a bit more dynamic now in some good ways, but I feel the ability to make multiple accounts at will is making it less of a social and economic game.

Yes you'd find a friend to do it, but if yo couldn't you'd pay someone else for their services - or you could do this in a clan.

Maybe it isn't a big deal, but I do think it's worthy of a discussion as it looks to be quite prevalent at the moment. It's great the population is shooting up, but it kind of degrades it a bit to me when you see people with 3 chars logged on at once.

Chuck Norris
28-09-12, 19:56
Agreed this isn't NC1, the game is a bit more dynamic now in some good ways, but I feel the ability to make multiple accounts at will is making it less of a social and economic game.

Yes you'd find a friend to do it, but if yo couldn't you'd pay someone else for their services - or you could do this in a clan.

Maybe it isn't a big deal, but I do think it's worthy of a discussion as it looks to be quite prevalent at the moment. It's great the population is shooting up, but it kind of degrades it a bit to me when you see people with 3 chars logged on at once.

How would you purpose stopping it, seems like something that would be very hard to prove and stop, considering, it even seems hard just to keep the servers online

Britney
28-09-12, 20:05
Lets forbid EVERYTHING!

Dissenter
28-09-12, 20:10
Lets forbid EVERYTHING!

Haha, calm down dear.

I'm not suggesting it be banned at all, and I've no idea how it might even be stopped or monitored. Anyway clearly if most people think it's fine then it's just me who doesn't like it, and I can deal with that without being facetious about it :) I'm just curious on other's opinions on this.

Forget My Name
28-09-12, 20:23
I don't care either way.

If this was an mmo with 100k players, then sure... But with 300 people max... I need my pokes, repairs and stuff done.

Nose
28-09-12, 21:42
I do happen to have access to some old accounts and I even do have an imp alt on another acc.
it is a low lvl toon with just enough skill to imp me the low lvl imps. I was sometimes using it when I was low on money and even the 1k tip for a poke were really much for me.
Now that I slowly gain more money - I just made it over 100k - I became too lazy to log the alt and rather get poked by other pokers, tipping them.

So given the usual low tipping amounts, I don't think this would hit the economy very hard. Tipping was always and will always be in the 'peanuts' range somewhere, hence tipping :)
And I love the idea of being independant if I need to. I'm sure, others do as well. I wouldn't want to spoil their fun so I think multi logging is fine.

If someone has a ppu and uses it for levelling a new alt ... that might be another story but on the other hand, it is a more difficult task and therefore I think should be fine, too.

Forget My Name
28-09-12, 21:48
The current team supports multi-logging.

I am in the middle of a multi-logging session, watching two guys do it and they had a GM come hang with them a few minutes ago in the canyon cave.

[ edited - If you have problems with any of our support team, raise them via helpdesk@neocron.info. ]

Faid
28-09-12, 22:11
They should have made Titan a 0ne slot server, that would have cut down on a lot of this

Chuck Norris
28-09-12, 22:16
[ edited - Same goes for you. ]

Dissenter
28-09-12, 22:24
They should have made Titan a 0ne slot server, that would have cut down on a lot of this

Possibly, but they could still make other accounts. Another thing that crossed my mind is when limited to 1 or 4 characters, in the long run more trade will be done with other people. With the freedom to have 8, or 12 characters, comes the likelihood of storing rares and items for future characters on your accounts instead of selling/trading them :)

Dropout
28-09-12, 22:30
If it had been a one slot server, it had probably ended up with no PEs and no APU's..
Thats one of the good Things with multiple slots on the server;
People dont just make the best possible opfighting character (CS Tank, Dev Tank, PPU, Rifle Spy). But make characters for different situations and even "fun-characters".
Myself wouldnt want to play on a one slot server. I enjoy playing a lot of different characters.. Love Pistol Spies, and lightning fast Dev Tanks. I also have a very big love for PE's (I have 3 PE's on Terra..).
With only one slot, I would probably roll AK spy though, since thats what I do the most damage with..

Drevious
28-09-12, 23:06
A one slot server would gimp people who DON'T have two accounts more. So 4 slots is better. But i mean come on, who doesn't have two accounts now? hehe

William Antrim
29-09-12, 00:08
In nc1 Pluto died first. 1 slot servers are shite. 4 slot servers and multi logging should be fine in my opinionn

Mokoi
29-09-12, 00:12
Is there any official stand on having multiple accounts online at once by the same person?

There is currently no rule limiting the amount of accounts a customer can log at the same time.