PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else with wierd performence loss?

Drachenpaladin
28-09-12, 00:48
Logged in today after some time and noticed something really strange: When i sync into a sewer or the subway system my frames drop to ~10 where they usually are nailed to 60 fps, ~45 when lots on medicare.

Anyone else got the same issue? Nothing changed on the PC, and i monitored the system - no CPU or GPU usage worth to mention, RAM is free and discs aren't sweating much either.

Only thing i noticed is that the ping goes up but i guess thats due to the stuttering, connection is free too.

I checked it with DX9 and 7, no effect and also Windowed and Full Screen, both the same issue.
What i noticed further is that in some zones it depends on what i do/where i am, like in the subway, while in the cab the frames suffer, when reaching a station its getting better and so on.
Or in the sewer with 10 frames, i open the loot window my frames go up to 60, i close it - back to 10.

:confused:

Any ideas? Its only NC that acts wierd.

Haxxor
28-09-12, 03:06
Sounds weird. When i had my graphics card in before it gave up i had 75 Constant is all zones. And this wasnt a good graphics card by todays standards a Radeon HD 3850 switched to onboard (Radeon HD 4250 :lol:) while i wait for new one and get 45 at best when im only runner in zone.

Is Direct X up to date? Also try updating your graphics drivers if that doesn't help a fresh installation of NC should do the trick.

Seems odd its only NC.

Drachenpaladin
28-09-12, 05:03
Only thing i can think of is that i recently had a serious recording session with Fraps going on that filled the drive, so that its nearly full... but nearly full means that there are still 25GB free. And it isn't even the system drive. And as si said, no real activity on the drives, so defraging or stuff i exclude.

GFX-drivers are up to date, there is not much to update on a ATI Radeon HD4850 anymore and it ran smooth on the same driver version some time ago.
Same for DirectX O_o

Also no overclocking on the graphics card, everything set to default values.

Chuck Norris
28-09-12, 05:11
Sounds like a hardware issue or trojan

Drachenpaladin
28-09-12, 05:20
Sounds like a hardware issue or trojan

But why only NC?

Chuck Norris
28-09-12, 05:29
probably piggyback onto the client.exe since its so generic

Drachenpaladin
28-09-12, 05:32
probably piggyback onto the client.exe since its so generic

But i guess the performance issues wouldn't be connected to ingame actions and conditions.

Chuck Norris
28-09-12, 05:37
kind of, the game would have to running? Not based on actions in game but the actions my be directly related to the client's call functions

L0KI
28-09-12, 08:42
I have similar issues running a 7970M 2gb. I suspect mine, however, are related to me running Windows 8, as I don't remember having these issues on 7.

flib
28-09-12, 09:09
I get a very serious framerate hit with my GTX 560Ti in not only Neocron, but also in Source Engine games whenever something transparent, like foliage, comes on the screen. Neocron goes from running at a smooth ~90FPS to less than half that depending on how much is on the screen. My graphics card becomes very loud from all the extra heat.

yavimaya
28-09-12, 09:14
I used to get a laggy mouse from frame drop whenever i opened the ingame menus.
Seen as the game is multiple engines stuck together, perhaps your card doesnt like part of the engine code.

Dropout
28-09-12, 14:09
I have similar issues running a 7970M 2gb. I suspect mine, however, are related to me running Windows 8, as I don't remember having these issues on 7.

The short time I got to play Again (until asshats DDoS'ed Terra), I didnt experience any problems running Win8 at all.