PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Areas becoming Warzones - Promotes removal of LE

Kame
27-09-12, 19:32
Alright, since I posted this idea in the other 2 topics regarding the LE, and that the more I think about it the more sense it makes, I've decided to break it down as a new Brainport topic.

I'm proposing to make all the leveling areas, low and high level, into Warzones. This means :

-No SL loss/gain from killing ally/neutral/enemy runners
-No belt drop at death, no items loss

The are many reasons why I believe this would be beneficial to all :

-Promotes the removal of LE, because I believe most people don't take it off by fear of loosing an item while PVE'ing
-No more item loss due to crashing/synching out while leveling, think of it as an gift to players for the inconvenience crash/synch-dieing
-No more SL loss when your un-teamed ally dies, sometimes people just lag out, relog, and get barreled to death upon logon

Discuss.

Oxygen
27-09-12, 19:38
What is a leveling area? There are many ways to level a char, is it a cave or some zones in the wastelands, from my point of view the whole game map could be a leveling area ;) You could already use warzones as leveling areas...

Kame
27-09-12, 19:45
That's open to debate, but I don't think this should apply to any wastelands sectors, but rather to chaos caves, regeant, el farid, woc tunnels, doy tunnels, mc5, as well as aggies cellar, sewers, sidestreet an so on.

Nose
27-09-12, 20:37
this goes well with the other idea of making LE'd runners killable but without any further penalties -> no SI, no drops, no implants out, no items wearing out, and so on.

Kame
28-09-12, 18:13
I don't think making LE'd runners killable is a good fix, this will lead to LEd runners being killed at every opportunity possible.

William Antrim
28-09-12, 19:06
Agree with Kame tbh.

I would rather have the distinction stay as it is. LE players cant stop caves being reset if theyre dead I dont think. Not any more anyway (We can thank God36 for that one).

No other reason to kill LE'd players, even if clans do use them as spies at times. The LE is there for a reason.

Forget My Name
28-09-12, 19:30
I keep my LE in for a few reasons, but the most important is that I don't want to accidentally kill a team mate and get punished for it.

Last thing I need is to lose Soul Light while leveling in sewers and cellars.

Kanedax
28-09-12, 19:36
The LE is one of the things in this game that needs to be fixed least.

Riddle
28-09-12, 20:54
I keep my LE in for a few reasons, but the most important is that I don't want to accidentally kill a team mate and get punished for it.
As far as I was aware you don't get punished with SL hit if you are in a team with runner you kill? If you accidentally kill another player levelling then definitely get SL hit if not in your team.

Kame
28-09-12, 21:12
The LE is one of the things in this game that needs to be fixed least.

This discussion isnt about changing anything to the LE, but about making caves and such warzones. Please stay on topic, as there is another thread if you wanna discuss changing the LE.

CMaster
29-09-12, 11:24
I honestly don't understand how making it so any random idiot can come and kill you while you are hunting without any consequences what so ever is going to encourage people to remove their LEs. Honestly, the onconveience and "failure" of dieing, is of more concern to most people than the worry about dropping their boots in a belt.

Kame
29-09-12, 21:34
Some random idiot can already come and kill you while you are hunting without much consequences either. Tell me whats a SL/FS loss for a runner on a PK spree ?

I'm just looking for ways to limit the malus on the non-LE'd killed player while he's PVE'ing. This, to me, promotes removal of LE.

Dribble Joy
29-09-12, 21:53
And yet from this end, all we're getting is 'I want to PK these defenceless n00bs'. Or 'I want to deliberately interrupt people's leveling with no repercussions'.

Which you can do, if people take out their LE, as they accept the consequences. Making the penalties for killing people in these zones lower is going to encourage people to keep their LEs in, not take them out, or they will go elsewhere to level.
Why must PKing be without consequence? This is an RPG, not a CS server.

Forget My Name
29-09-12, 22:01
Feels like 2003 again... People just don it get it about this game... This game isn't about YOU, it's about community, factions, clans and fun for each person.

The underlining fact about these people is always the same; you just want to indiscriminately kill defenseless people to satisfy your fleeting enjoyment of the game. while you want moments of enjoyment, most people want months of enjoyment.

Now that NC is back, where are all the famous sewer PKers? They had their fun at our expense, and have moved on or grown up.

The LE stays in to satisfy the long term player, not the short term player.

Kame
30-09-12, 03:24
Feels like 2003 again... People just don it get it about this game... This game isn't about YOU, it's about community, factions, clans and fun for each person.

The underlining fact about these people is always the same; you just want to indiscriminately kill defenseless people to satisfy your fleeting enjoyment of the game. while you want moments of enjoyment, most people want months of enjoyment.

Now that NC is back, where are all the famous sewer PKers? They had their fun at our expense, and have moved on or grown up.

The LE stays in to satisfy the long term player, not the short term player.

I'm sorry but I have been quite active in-game for the last decade or so, 2 accounts. I even have my NC2 game box somewhere if I'm not mistaken. The only thing that has kept NC alive for me is, in this order; My Crew, and PVP'ing.

Since making the caves area warzones will have no impact on LE'd people who wants to lv in there, so why would it really be an isssue ?

How bad will it affect the PVE/Tradeskill/RP community really, if they keep the LE in the first place ? Nowhere, that's the answer to that question.

Drachenpaladin
30-09-12, 03:37
Fun thing is, there are hardly any PKers to be found in the sewers and cellars. Do its actually quite save to go there without LE...

Kame
30-09-12, 15:29
I feel the issue is more prominent with high-lv caves that can be cleared and need to be reset, like chaos caves, or regent, etc.

Also, going into the aggies as a capped PVP char and killing /16 noobs is rather asshole-ish, whereas going into chaos cave and fighting an enemy clan's cave team with PPU is a whole different story.

Besides I think the community can take care of people PK'ing low-lv players on it's own. A quick call on OOC would make this into a chase for said PK'r.

And just removing the beltdrop is such a plus, I mean how frustrating is it to get to regent, crash while zoning in and relogging dead, with an item in your belt 15-20 mins walk away from the closest GR, and you sit there in P1 with SI.