PDA

View Full Version : Researcher: Processor window jumping

Ivan Eres
27-09-12, 18:32
When batch researching items in the processor window after the tenth BP or so the processor window starts changing its location in the RPOS HUD after clicking "start".

I think it only happens when you're researching really fas, means you click start immediately again after its finished.

The processor window then moves around erratically which is quite annoying imo, tho it's not an important bug.

Regards

Dropout
27-09-12, 18:35
When batch researching items in the processor window after the tenth BP the processor window starts changing its location in the RPOS HUD.

It moves around erratically which is quite annoying imo, tho it's not an important bug.

Regards
I think thats to prevent macro's.

flib
27-09-12, 18:54
It's just like with DRM; it causes the most trouble for the legitimate users, while the ones they're trying to stop still figure out another way to do what they were doing.

Dropout
27-09-12, 19:03
It's just like with DRM; it causes the most trouble for the legitimate users, while the ones they're trying to stop still figure out another way to do what they were doing.

Pretty much yeah.. :(

nabbl
27-09-12, 21:14
why is it a problem to the legitimate users? Not skilled enough to move your cursor as a trader? ;-)

Ivan Eres
27-09-12, 21:36

I didn't know that. I never would use a macro, but I guess most others would. So it's not a bug, it's a feature.

However, if the resser waits, say, for one second or two between the clicks this behavior does not occur. That's why it's only a minor annoyance, and I think that's the way to circumvent it.

Dropout
28-09-12, 00:15
why is it a problem to the legitimate users? Not skilled enough to move your cursor as a trader? ;-)

Because its annoying, if your watching a movie while ressing.. Not really a problem for me though, since I dont have any tradeskillers anymore ;)

flib
28-09-12, 00:47

It's fucking obnoxious. Researching large batches is a tedious pain in the ass to begin with. This just make it even more work.

I could normally just set up Neocron my laptop and do something else on my desktop and just click the button to start the next one, but I guess that's too close to macroing, isn't it?

Kame
28-09-12, 18:26
Imagine if every 10 shots, your aim would go out of target on it's own, to prevent people from using Autoclick Firmware features on on gaming keyboard and mice.

Well this "feature" is exactly that, but for tradeskillers.

Absurdum0422
19-10-12, 09:47
No use complaining about it. They added it which means they want it there which means it's staying.

Mokoi
19-10-12, 10:22
as has been pointed out, this works to spec and is not considered a bug - thread moved to brainport.

The Real Xtro
19-10-12, 11:00
Well I have to point out that its already a reason to lose your account using third party programs to play the game for you which of course what a macro program would be but yeah i guess some people still do.......I am a tradeskiller mainly but i have to say good work in trying to combat abusers otherwise that which some find boring would be open to abuse while there asleep.

Torg
19-10-12, 11:30
i did batch processing (res/cst) a lot in the past and i dont feel bothered by this feature at all.

William Antrim
19-10-12, 15:59
Same.

dWintermut3
20-10-12, 00:03
When Research/construction gave major XP this might have been needed.

But between the nerf of tradeskill XP AND the research-causes-weight-gain bug that requires you to regularly relog when you research large numbers of cubes AND the removal of commonly-ground patters (like the rhino)...

There is no point to avoiding macroing anymore, no one does tradeskill to level FAST, usually you go droner and LoM if you are at all concerned about speed.