PDA

View Full Version : Common Courtesy?

Dribble Joy
27-09-12, 10:42
(Not sure if this is the right section of the forum but oh well.)

I don't like moaning or making complaints, but this is seriously starting to annoy me.

Can people at least think a little about what they are doing?

As some people may have experienced over the last few days, a certain runner has been leveling at the Launcher pit in I_06. I won't name names, I think many of you have seen him.
That would be fine, if he wasn't in PA and gunning a jeep.
The mobs die so fast that noone else gets a look in, are pulled away from the pit and of course aren't being looted so that they don't respawn quickly. When one does appear, it drops right away.

He would be making more money and xp off WBs (which are in the same zone) or fire mobs, but he completely ignores calls to move on and let the rest of us level.

If I could do something I would, but I can't. It's like someone running around the aggies with a rare or an LEed droner not leaving a cave.

/rant

enigma_b17
27-09-12, 11:39
That does sound irritating indeed...surprised that someone has a jeep and PA so quicly...have rares started popping up yet?

Riddle
27-09-12, 14:11
That does sound irritating indeed...surprised that someone has a jeep and PA so quicly...have rares started popping up yet?
Not if he's nuking launchers ....sigh.. Your not the only victim dribble, I took my /9 tank to kill spiders nice do at that level. Tank in there /35! Nuked everything with aoe before I could get a lookin, even told him not really beneficial with his cr to be in there but to no avail.

unfortunately the boost to pops has brought back some ass hats tbh.

/end rant

enigma_b17
27-09-12, 14:19
Heh? I Was agreeing :P
Little anyone can do unfortunately, get a group of 10 n00blets and destroy him!

Riddle
27-09-12, 14:26
I know, sorry I was being ironic on your rare comment :D
if all the high end chars I.e him with jeep and pa go shooting noob levelling launchers then we will never see rares!!

Besides I thought once you get to a certain level you get the "pick on someone your own size message" and no creds?

enigma_b17
27-09-12, 14:33
"rare comment" lol I come along every now and again! :P

That "pick on your own size" message comes up when your combat rank is alot higher than whatever your killing if i recall correctly, and since a tank isn't going to get an insanely high rank by sitting in a jeep I would imagine he should have a relatively low cr...what are launchers 50?

Shazam
27-09-12, 14:41
i dont know if its the same guy but someone very similar was at the mb bunker doing the same thing. really really annoying but guess their is nothing we can do about it

enigma_b17
27-09-12, 14:43
go get aggro off a few warbots, bring them back to the bunker, then kill self :)

Torg
27-09-12, 15:15
If I could do something I would, but I can't.

please excuse me, but of course you can do something: go somewhere else, as your favourite spot is already taken. there is no problem with being stupid and killing low level mobs instead of appropriate ones. let him be stupid all he wants, and have fun at some other place. good luck.

Spoon
27-09-12, 16:31
Go back to Chester Lab, follow the road that leads to Battledome/J04...
You'll find what you are looking for...

I can think of a few more places to go that don't include the MB bunker or the I_05 pit...

If you see him doing it again check his rank, if it's 0/XX, just report him for exploiting the rank bug....lol

And no, this is the internet, courtesy or manners do not exist here....

Forget My Name
27-09-12, 16:35
Actions like this are starting to make me support the idea that once you hit a certain rank, the LE chip fries itself and falls out.

Kame
27-09-12, 16:50
LE'd AFK runners blocking reset of caves like CRP is quite common. As I pointed out on the other thread, I think removing the item drop in the cave areas would actually be beneficial, both for PVP and PVE, because we all hate lv'ing, blacksyncing, and relogging dead AND having to go back for your belt.

Also there is something quite nice about going to a lv'ing spot, catching beef with a runner and then fighting to death over said spot.

Haxxor
27-09-12, 19:52
unfortunately the boost to pops has brought back some ass hats tbh.

Like the runner who stands at top of TH Core and throws grenade after grenade down to the 4 120/120 turrets day in day out. Im convinced he is AFK and is just auto shooting.

nikkon
27-09-12, 20:05
push him off lol

Kame
27-09-12, 20:20
Like the runner who stands at top of TH Core and throws grenade after grenade down to the 4 120/120 turrets day in day out. Im convinced he is AFK and is just auto shooting.

Aren't you just jealous you didnt think of it first ?

Just saying lol.

nabbl
27-09-12, 21:12
J05 ...

a better place to level

Dribble Joy
27-09-12, 21:22
please excuse me, but of course you can do something: go somewhere else, as your favourite spot is already taken. there is no problem with being stupid and killing low level mobs instead of appropriate ones. let him be stupid all he wants, and have fun at some other place. good luck.
Oh I could, but that's not the point. He's needlessly spoiling an area that numerous people could use and were using until he showed up.

Haxxor
27-09-12, 22:36
Aren't you just jealous you didnt think of it first ?

Just saying lol.

If ur doing it in a way where the turrets cant hit you it isnt right, in all fairness there should be a turret at the top of the stairs too

Apocalypsox
27-09-12, 22:55
Get a rhino, park in front of him.

trololololol

L0KI
27-09-12, 23:37
Get a rhino, park in front of him.

trololololol

I like it. I approve.

L0KI
27-09-12, 23:38

Pretty sure that's against the rules.

Drachenpaladin
28-09-12, 00:10

Tried giving him a little push?

Dropout
28-09-12, 00:20

9 out of 10 times hes afk, yes.. It is also not allowed, since the turrets cant shoot back at him.. Fraps to report him, then push him off (if there Arent any GMs online at the time - if there is, just PM him).

LiL T
28-09-12, 01:20

Just push the cunt, if hes not afk he will move an if hes afk well OOPS!

enigma_b17
28-09-12, 10:19
9 out of 10 times hes afk, yes.. It is also not allowed, since the turrets cant shoot back at him.. Fraps to report him, then push him off (if there Arent any GMs online at the time - if there is, just PM him).

Dont see why it would be against the rules...(the afk part maybe), but the whole point of a grenade is being able to hit someone without them hitting you (e.g. throwing it around corners), so you can hardly call fowl for that...

Chuck Norris
28-09-12, 11:06
everything in this game can be considered an "exploit" in the right light

L0KI
28-09-12, 13:26
Dont see why it would be against the rules...(the afk part maybe), but the whole point of a grenade is being able to hit someone without them hitting you (e.g. throwing it around corners), so you can hardly call fowl for that...

Pretty sure it's safespotting, which I believe is now against the rules.

Doing it AFK is certainly against the rules xD

Trivaldi
28-09-12, 13:35
Pretty sure it's safespotting, which I believe is now against the rules.
Always has been.

Doing it AFK is certainly against the rules xD
Correct.

Those turrets have been removed in the next patch, solving the debate.

No more discussion of exploits please, we'd far rather you just report it to us by providing proof through helpdesk@neocron.info (we'll happily accept links to unlisted youtube videos) so we can deal with it. Let us worry about these things.

Back on topic, please.

Dropout
28-09-12, 14:07
Those turrets have been removed in the next patch, solving the debate.
Wise move :)
Is it just me or does the volunteer team seem to be A LOT smarter than KK ever was? Or maybe its just because the volunteer team actually seems to care.. <3

enigma_b17
28-09-12, 14:09
Wise move :)
Is it just me or does the volunteer team seem to be A LOT smarter than KK ever was? Or maybe its just because the volunteer team actually seems to care.. <3

I think the thing here is that KK were preventing the team from doing alot of stuff, now that hurdle is gone they are free to move on.

Chuck Norris
28-09-12, 18:11
Thank god there is still a room full of turrets that do no dmg in the secret FA HQ which is not a safe zone for some reason!!

Kanedax
28-09-12, 19:48
Oh will you just shut the fuck up already?

Chuck Norris
28-09-12, 19:52
Oh will you just shut the fuck up already?
Nerfing your leveling spots sorry!

Kanedax
28-09-12, 20:01
No, it just seems like the majority of your posts are directed, negatively, at the support staff. It gets old man.

Chuck Norris
28-09-12, 20:07
No, it just seems like the majority of your posts are directed, negatively, at the support staff. It gets old man.

So does pretending like your actually trying to fix problems, when in reality they are being ignored or purposely left they way they are because of a select few people. Ill try and be more positive sooorry....

Trivaldi
28-09-12, 20:48
The additional problem zone you mention is also fixed in the next patch. Along with several others.

Asked you guys once to get back on topic. Not going to ask again. Thread closed.