PDA

View Full Version : LE Implant and us.

silentkill234
25-09-12, 21:07
As neocron was intended to be, PVP should be enabled, so I have a solution. (Sorry if someone else suggested this.)
Everyone keeps a Law implant until rank x, once they're rank x It is destroyed. This way we can see more action in the city and daily duels and skirmishes around plazas. It would even add some RP.

Pestilence
25-09-12, 23:25
Why would a law enforcement chip pop out? There is no logical reason (from roleplay point of view). And it's still a bad idea to force people into a role they don't want. Let the people play with LE if they want.

Dribble Joy
25-09-12, 23:56
While I can see where you coming from and might argue that the LE doesn't have enough restrictions a as it has now, I don't agree.
If people want to peruse that type of gameplay I see no reason to prevent them from doing so. I see no reason in ganking people for ganking's sake, especially if they are not consenting.

nabbl
26-09-12, 08:58
Thing I posted in the other thread:

I would go the other way. Runners with a baserank of 40 should not be able to level anymore until they take their LE out.

LE-players should not be able to enter high level caves as they can jam any cave. And you cannot do anything.

LE should not at all be a part of high level game part.

Strife
26-09-12, 13:37
I think it's fine as is. There is an abundance of LE'd because most of the server is still leveling. Be patient.

Nose
26-09-12, 13:50
I just liked the nc 1 style: 33% xp and money loss with le in ... that was enough motivation for most of us to take it out immediately while still in mc5.

rest is okay as is.

Doc Holliday
26-09-12, 15:21
The LE malus was removed from the game BEFORE mc5 was introduced. For your info ;)

no i think leave it as it is. give the server time and most folks will join clans and get amongst it(tm)

Forget_My_Name
26-09-12, 17:10
As neocron was intended to be

Oh... So you worked on developing the game then? Well, then enlighten us...

PVP should be enabled

I thought you worked for reaKKtor? If you did, you'd obviously know that PvP IS enabled once you take your LE chip out. So by saying PvP should be enabled when it already is is a little confusing to me.

Everyone keeps a Law implant until rank x, once they're rank x It is destroyed.

Wait wait... What? I thought you worked on making the game, and thus already KNEW what the game intentions were? Now I am really conf... wait a second...

You didn't work on developing the game, did you? Oh....

You see, the people who did develop the game made it clear early on in 2003/2004 that the game supports BOTH PvP and PvE in EQUAL measure. How? They removed any numerical restrictions from using an LE Chip. This is obvious to anyone that reaKKtor's intention was to have a game that catered to both crowds.

No mmo that has had PvP as it's MAIN focus has survived for long. The only mmo that has broken this mold is Eve Online, and that is only because of safe zones and politics.

Neocron tried the no safe zone thing a few times, and each time it has failed.

Simply put, if people wanted pure PvP, they would play a REAL FPS game, not a rpg hybrid.

And let's be real... All most pvpers in neocron want is to sweep sewers and kill noobs because they can't fight back, and that makes you feel superior.

This way we can see more action in the city and daily duels and skirmishes around plazas.

Wrong. You can already do this in 99% of the world. Extending the Pepper Park zone battles to Plaza 1 accomplishes NOTHING of value for PvP.

It would even add some RP.

No. You don't want Rp. Please. You want to kill tradeskillers and 0/2's running around.

This sort of attitude was strong a decade ago in this game, and most of those players have gone and left. Don't bring back this macho holier than thou PvP is the sole reason for Neocron attitude.

Nose
26-09-12, 23:45
The LE malus was removed from the game BEFORE mc5 was introduced. For your info ;)

was it? I still remember my first actions being to take out the LE, though ... long time ago :)

BlueRobot
27-09-12, 02:36

http://www.kraftfuttermischwerk.de/blogg/wp-content/uploads2/2011/03/0503_9830.gif

I don't know if you're serious but you can't just put random facts together, add some lies to it and then say they reason each other.

This discussion is indeed as old as NC. My personal opinion is, that pvp restrictions destroy the authenticity of the game. PvE and PVP both belong into NC.

Also, complaining how unfair PvEers and tradeskillers are treated is bullshit as well. PvPers can't play without trading/PvE so atm Guys with LE in even have a big advantage, they can evade PvP, PvPers can't evade PvE. I see why tradeskillers don't want to loose their privileges, but there's an easy solution to that in an ideal NC. Stop being greedy nerds and don' trade with guys that gank you.

However, the game is broken in so many ways, that removing those restrictions to pvp had to be well elaborated, and I don't see it happen anytime soon...

Forget My Name
27-09-12, 03:01
Insults...

When you stop with the personal insults, I'll be more than glad to continue the discussion with you. :)

BlueRobot
27-09-12, 15:10
When you stop with the personal insults, I'll be more than glad to continue the discussion with you. :)

No insults there. I just pointed out, that what you wrote is nonsense, if you can't argue with that, you just prove my point.

Kame
27-09-12, 17:04
If any change has to be made in regard to game laws, I think they should be about |making lveling areas warzones rather than changing the LE directly.

Basically none of the lv'ing areas should be warzones. No belt drop, no SL hit. No more SL hit when your friend's char drops out of team and dies in your barrels. No need to run back for your stuff in DoY lv3 after dieing. No more people zoning down to sewers in P2 to avoid dieing thinking SL hit with protect them.

This would actually encourage people to play without the LE, which in turn enable them to have clans, PVP and all that good stuff.

Even though one could argue that this would encourage ganking in lveling places, It is my belief that the Pluses > Minuses on this.

Drachenpaladin
27-09-12, 18:28
Quickshot:

We change the beneficial features of the LE but keep the penalties (No Clan, Less EXP)

I think the worst about getting PK'ed and Ganked is not the dying per se but the problems you get out of it. Loss of item durability, money and time due to SI.

Sooo, how about:
LE'd runner can fight and be killed, but have no SI after respawn & pay only 1/10 for respawn on GR (normal traveling costs and SI), drop no belt as already and lose no condition on their items.

Lets face it, we won't be able to get an unexploitable concept for this thingy.

Nose
27-09-12, 20:34
hey great idea!

I love it, in fact. lets make LE'd people killable but without any penalties. that solves blocked caves, too. and keeps the danger spirit up without hurting anyone :)

Drachenpaladin
27-09-12, 22:23
Weeeeell... its just a quick idea i had. I guess a huge downside of that would be that clans then would just recruit or create lots of capped fighting chars with LE that then fight for the clans in OP-fights. Without penalties they would have a pretty big advantage there and would soon become the standard strategy.
So it may require the nerf that LE'd runners can't spawn on Undergrounds or OP-GRs at all...

Forget My Name
28-09-12, 00:44
How about...

LE'd people cannot enter "instances" nor can they drive any vehicle with a weapon.

If this were true, I think all our problems would be solved.

I do believe that the game caters to both PvE and PvP players, but it seems that the intention shown over the years is that players without an LE chip should enjoy more benefits of the game over players with an LE chip.

As it stands now, players with an LE chip can basically harass, exploit, abuse and annoy other players without any recourse at all.

Haxxor
28-09-12, 03:28
Implement NC1 Rules of Less EXP & Less CR Reward. -1 Brain Imp is punishment enough for LE. Excluding from certain parts of the game isnt the way forward for NC.

But everyone complaining about the annoying people with LE's think how much more annoying they'd be without LE's.

Forget My Name
28-09-12, 04:38
Implement NC1 Rules of Less EXP & Less CR Reward. -1 Brain Imp is punishment enough for LE. Excluding from certain parts of the game isnt the way forward for NC.

But everyone complaining about the annoying people with LE's think how much more annoying they'd be without LE's.

No, they wouldn't be annoying.... They'd be dead. They aren't pvpers, they are kids and dicks abusing the LE chip to harass and annoy other players by not alloying instances to reset and killing low level mobs in vehicles.

Drachenpaladin
28-09-12, 04:56
No, they wouldn't be annoying.... They'd be dead. They aren't pvpers, they are kids and dicks abusing the LE chip to harass and annoy other players [..]

Those are capable enough to damage a game and its community. Killing and defeating them fair and square solves nothing and means nothing to them. They already gained their pleasure by trolling you, the reaction of killing them would be the icing on their cake.
What it would take is a functioning account system that works with payment, so you can ban them from the game properly. Now they just can make accounts as they wish.

Haxxor
28-09-12, 11:20
Those are capable enough to damage a game and its community. Killing and defeating them fair and square solves nothing and means nothing to them. They already gained their pleasure by trolling you, the reaction of killing them would be the icing on their cake.
What it would take is a functioning account system that works with payment, so you can ban them from the game properly. Now they just can make accounts as they wish.

Agreed it never happened as much as this in the past due to a subscription system which deterred some trolls and rules being enforced deterring the rest. Like the above post says they can just create accounts as they wish, dupe as they wish, exploit as they wish as they have nothing to lose.

Changing the mechanics of the game which have been in place for years is not the way forward.

Forget My Name
28-09-12, 19:15
Since the game isn't going back to a sub based system, your points are all meaningless. Sorry :(

You can wish all you want, but that won't change the facts. Since the game's system has changed, then yes, the LE system needs to be looked at and worked on to fit the new free game model.

William Antrim
28-09-12, 19:25
IF you have beef with LE players call the gm. Otherwise leave it as it is.

Kanedax
28-09-12, 19:38
IF you have beef with LE players call the gm. Otherwise leave it as it is.

This, as I said in a different thread: The LE is one of the things that needs to be fixed least in this game.

Nose
28-09-12, 21:44
Now as I'm reading this, I second that.

only the xp and money penalties COULD be reintroduced. liked them somehow.