PDA

View Full Version : LE'ed clans

Brammers
24-09-12, 15:57
This idea came up in the Phoenix forums on the Titan discussions, and I'm sure someone else has suggested it before. So excuse me, if this is an old idea.

Quite simply, it's almost the same as being in the clan so we can use:-

1. Clan money
2. Clan ranks and tags
3. Clan chat
4. Clan apartment

What we don't want is (Obviously)

1. Outposts

Discuss. :)

Kanedax
24-09-12, 16:19
I'm not a fan of le'd clans but there would be some advantage from it I guess. There could be a clan to help people with finding a group and leveling, etc.

Grogor
24-09-12, 16:25
Totally against it.
The LE should have some disadvanteges. And currently the only ones are that it takes one brain implant slot and you can't join/create a clan. The LE protects you from the hard world of Neocron, and if you decide to keep it, you don't deserve the coolness/benefits of a clan. Any argument with trader clans and how cool it would be if they could keep their LE, well there were enough trader clans who did fine without LE. The trick is to stay at safe zones, or enjoying the adrenaline when leaving them.

Ivan Eres
24-09-12, 18:23
Totally against it.
The LE should have some disadvanteges. And currently the only ones are that it takes one brain implant slot and you can't join/create a clan. The LE protects you from the hard world of Neocron, and if you decide to keep it, you don't deserve the coolness/benefits of a clan. Any argument with trader clans and how cool it would be if they could keep their LE, well there were enough trader clans who did fine without LE. The trick is to stay at safe zones, or enjoying the adrenaline when leaving them.

Yeah, that's a warrior's point of view, or the PvP one.

But there are also people who enjoy a more peaceful game. For example traders and hunters.

The question is if we want those people also in the game.

My opinion is that we need them for a better game experience and for a higher player base.

I would even propose to make it possible to insert the LE again anytime.

If people decide to play NC the peaceful way again after a while they should have that option too in my opinion.

Because in that case people would take the LE out without the fear to never be able to put it back in.

This means they would be more eager to try PvP.

Another reason for me is that I always wanted to be able to support new players and le'd people again too and help noobs out, especially with my PPU.

The way we have it now is that 99% are le'd cause they are new or have fear or don't want to be forever without LE, and only the Vets have them out. And the Vets are the ones who are complaining about all the people not taking their LE out.

That's why I don't think that the restrictions for the LE do really help the PvP situation or the game at all.

I would prefer to always have the choice for the LE.

To put the LE back in I would have a restriction like making it a day long activity. This means you can't use your char much for 24h. I think that would be quite a hard restriction, but if I am wrong maybe somebody else can come up with something more evil, like needing 1000 big lube packs for it or so ;-)

That the LE is using up one brain slot is a hard restriction too imo cause these people really miss out on good char setups when capped. That's why I always take it out.

When I enter unsafe zones I prepare by not having important stuff in my inventory, and so on. And i do enjoy the thrill :-)

However, I can understand that some people do not. And they should get their share of Neocron too, without artifical restrictions to force people into PvP.

Especially people like Brammers, who do the game more good than most other people.

Clans should be allowed for LE'd people.

Regards

Strife
25-09-12, 01:38
Take away the one real drawback of an LE? I'd say no.

This is a dim, gritty post apocalyptic world. Being able to frolic wherever you please already diminishes the feel.

Dropout
25-09-12, 12:09
Horrible idea IMO.
This would lead to clanned (and LE'd) people farming at all the nice Places, without me being able to gank them. :(

Kame
25-09-12, 14:13
Strongly disagree with this idea.
LE'd players could farm forever in all the nice places and we would be short of hum... arguments to make them leave, even though one could argue that they will simply log LE'd alts and farm regardless. It's great for new players who want to discover the game and lv up, and it seems fair to have to take it off to enjoy other aspects of the game. Hanging out on your tradeskiller around a bunch of violent OP fight vets also brings in it's own vibe, in terms of roleplay.

I think the LE is one of those games features that is perfectly fine and does not need to be adjusted.

The Real Xtro
25-09-12, 14:49
Anybody who knows me will know that i will have my LE in on my constructor and my Farmer but i will have chars without them LE's are good for some people at sometimes and my farmer will piss people off do i care no by the way when i played NC1 Sweetleaf Pete the Psi Smokey never killed me on my constructor well they needed to trust someone to repair and buil there weapons ..... there is always a way of getting back at people who just think its funny to gank over and over and you never no who is who's alt think of that when you next trade a weapon to be repaired or built

Nikopol
25-09-12, 15:03
Actions you do have always consequences so LE out
-> can create a clan and can be killed
LE inside head -> cant be killed and no clan

So Carebear country should not have LE in head + clan :D

Torg
25-09-12, 16:21
Lets put it this way: No, LEd runners are peaceful people, they wouldnt need a clan, for fighting and conquering. But, yes, they would like to have some social environment, a common mark, so they would be identified as members of one group. An apartment would be great, with cabs for sharing stuff and such. So lets start a new thing and call it "company", for working purposes only.

And, by the way, the LE is a most unneccessary thing in Neocron, from the very day people stop mistaking a MMORPG for a Multiplayer FPS. Did you guys know that Neocron is not the best Multiplayer FPS on earth? Still want to want to prey on peaceful players? Great, so you will have to get along with LEd people ingame. In other news: I second Brammers idea, just adding the name change to "company".

Xirus
25-09-12, 19:23
This is a good time to put in LE "Companys". Everyone likes the new big population and stuff right ? I really think theres a lot of people quitting (and in the past) the game cause of massive ganking on hunter trips and stuff. So it will lead to the usual 4% cs game on a really big map. maybe this action will help.

btw on the topic that le clans would block the good farming places and stuff. guys that want their peace and just play a good game of neocron will be open to problemsolving in 99% of the cases for sure. most people who make problems are the not leŽd guys.

there always is one high lvl way. being lonely and safe = not really much fun / or being in a clan with social fun/pvp fun but the really big risk of getting ganked the whole playtime wich will ruin every last drop of fun.

why dont we let both playerbases enjoy this awesome game.

Forget_My_Name
25-09-12, 20:21
Let's be real.

PvP only matters in one place, Out Post wars.

Zone whoring is fine and fun, but that is more of a game mechanic abuse than actually fighting.

If LE Clans exist, that is fine, but keep them out of Out Posts.

So if you want the tradeskill bonuses of Out Posts, join a PvP Clan. If you want less bonuses, but the safety of not getting ganked by some 16 year old who is acting out his childish rage instead of role playing correctly, then join a PvE Clan.

I would even go as far as make Out Posts have some sort of "field" that damages LE users over time. So if you stay near an OP, you will die in a matter of seconds.

Oxygen
25-09-12, 21:31
...And currently the only ones are that it takes one brain implant slot and you can't join/create a clan. The LE protects you from the hard world of Neocron... The LE protects you from PvP but not from PvE, the biggest flaw from the LE is you can't be supported from non LE users, which means playing a LE char is in PvE far harder as without.

Kame
25-09-12, 22:53
I am completely against LE'd clans because it will give players incentive to play a LE'd Neocron, which is somewhat different from playing a non-LE'd Neocron. The LE should be a fail-safe for new players, not a way of playing the game.

Also, I think our game DEVs and GMs should concentrate on aspects of the game which make it hard for new players to join/learn Neocron rather than pleasing the old playerbase who are scared of getting pvp killed.

Let's be even more real, the only reason people keep the LE is because they are scared/dislike dieing to other players. It must somehow hurt their frail little ego's.

Dribble Joy
26-09-12, 00:05
As much as some people might think I am a carebear, I am not. If anything I think that the LE doesn't have enough restrictions as it is. Not being able to be clanned as an LEed player is one of the bigger restrictions that I do not feel it is warranted in removing.

This does bring into question the whole position of what a clan is, but I feel that it is one that is at the forefront of the NC community, wherein you are exposed to others and protected by your clan. To me the LE is for sole runners and tradeskillers. A clanned member either as a tradeskiller only really services the clan members, faction runners or operates in 'safe' areas, or as a solo player acepts the risks for the benefit of clan membership.

nabbl
26-09-12, 08:57
I would go the other way. Runners with a baserank of 40 should not be able to level anymore until they take their LE out.

LE-players should not be able to enter high level caves as they can jam any cave. And you cannot do anything.

LE should not at all be a part of high level game part.

BlueRobot
26-09-12, 17:39
I'm with nabbl on this topic. More of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNm5Hqow78I) would just destroy the setting.

Ivan Eres
26-09-12, 23:30
I'm with nabbl on this topic. More of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNm5Hqow78I) would just destroy the setting.

AFAIK other mmo have several servers, one for RP, one for PvE, and one for PvP, for example.

Since in NC we have all three types of gameplay on one server it's gonna be hard to make everybody happy.

I think that mmo players who play on a PvE or RP server do not have any restrictions to the game, other than the limitation for PvP (if at all for RP, dunno).

It's hard to find the golden way for this issue, tbh. Everybody should enjoy their game the way they want, but to make everybody happy will be difficult.

Oxygen
27-09-12, 00:10
The discussion about the LE is as old as NC, now with the game Free2Play it doesn't need a big change anymore because the game doesn't need more PvE players and a bigger community.

Kame
27-09-12, 18:29
If any change has to be made in regard to game laws, I think they should be about |making lveling areas warzones rather than changing the LE directly.

Basically none of the lv'ing areas should be warzones. No belt drop, no SL hit. No more SL hit when your friend's char drops out of team and dies in your barrels. No need to run back for your stuff in DoY lv3 after dieing. No more people zoning down to sewers in P2 to avoid dieing thinking SL hit with protect them.

This would actually encourage people to play without the LE, which in turn enable them to have clans, PVP and all that good stuff.

Even though one could argue that this would encourage ganking in lveling places, It is my belief that the Pluses > Minuses on this.