PDA

View Full Version : WANTED! Official RP Characters!

Trivaldi
24-09-12, 15:18
Hello Runners,

I am on the lookout for 3 individuals to take on the role of Official RP Characters in the form of Neocronicle Reporters. The role comes with an account for the RP character meaning you will not need to use up a personal slot. The character will have a modified skill set and special 'Faction' to separate them from normal Runners. The accounts are normal accounts, with no special permissions.

The intention is for these characters to be active in the game world for a few hours a week, as well as at events. The vision here is of hopefully generating more spontaneous and “day in, day out” content as well as more structured story driven content for the Neocronicle. This is also our way of slowly re-introducing Official RP Characters to the game world.

Reporter Responsibilities include:
Never breaking character!
Representing Neocron's role play scene in the best possible way
Encouraging roleplay in the player base
Generating original content for the Neocronicle on a regular basis
Generating content from article stubs, associated with the storyline.
Drinking beer in the Neocronicle Office in Plaza 2*

*optional

Your application must be in the form of a short character bio (no more than 150 words) telling the “origin story” of your Neocronicle Reporter persona. Alongside this please provide a Neocronicle news article (no more than 300 words) based on; past events, past storylines, life in Neocron, or a scenario of your own imagining that fits in to the game world – remember the Neocronicle is a “Pro-City Administration” news outlet. For the purpose of this application please do not use screenshots or other images.

Official RP Character applicants must be a minimum of 21 years of age and have strong English language communication and writing skills. Additionally you must have played Neocron 2 for a minimum of 6 months and have excellent knowledge of the game, its lore and its history.

When applying please include the following:
Your Neocron 2 Forum Account name
Your Neocron 2 Game Account Name(s)
Full legal name
Date of birth
Location (country) & time zone
Bio/origin story of your Neocronicle Reporter
Your Neocronicle news article, as written in the style of your reporter.
Once your application is ready, please e-mail it to trivaldi@neocron.com.

I look forward to reading your submissions!

\\Fényx//
24-09-12, 23:20
Interesting :) this heading towards a return of the newsletters ?

Geist-[uTw]-
25-09-12, 00:39
Check out Neocronicle Blog :)
http://forum.neocron.com/blog.php?1198325-Neocronicle

Ascension
25-09-12, 00:46
sounds good to me :)

Xiphias
25-09-12, 00:56
are RP players allowed to pvp/gank/etc?

Trivaldi
25-09-12, 01:06
are RP players allowed to pvp/gank/etc?
No. As Neocronicle Reporters these characters will only use weapons in self defence against mobs if at all. All Reporters will be equipped with a Law Enforcer at all times as per standard Neocronicle press personnel guidelines.

Xiphias
25-09-12, 01:18
that's a shame.

You could really kick up a stink with some 'dodgy reporting'.

... I can see it now,

'reporter runs amok inside plaza 2, who is going to stop him!?'

Torg
25-09-12, 13:42
... remember the Neocronicle is a “Pro-City Administration” news outlet.

What?!

This is supposed to be a publication of Lionel Reezas terror regime and his slaves? Never! Media must be free! I shall supply the suppressed, freedom-deprived popoulation of Neocron and its Wastelands with news pieces on truth and anticorruption. Keep your eyes and ears alert, brave citizens of Neocron!

Death to Reeza's regime! For freedom!

Torg

phunqe
25-09-12, 17:56
What?!

This is supposed to be a publication of Lionel Reezas terror regime and his slaves? Never! Media must be free! I shall supply the suppressed, freedom-deprived popoulation of Neocron and its Wastelands with news pieces on truth and anticorruption. Keep your eyes and ears alert, brave citizens of Neocron!

Death to Reeza's regime! For freedom!

Torg

Filthy dissidents posting on the forum again. This must stop! I hear outzone has some nice cell blocks...

CA - By the people, for the people!

Trivaldi
25-09-12, 18:10
Well played gents!

As this is very much the foundation of a new drive towards a storyline arc, I'm sure our frenemies at the Voice of the Resistance will crop up from time to time. ;)

The Real Xtro
25-09-12, 20:10
And what faction will these reporters be from i am TT and we wouldn't want them to be filthy Biotech they would never give an unbiased report to anything. We need them to be from a faction without an axe to grind

Xtro
In GUNS we trust

Dropout
25-09-12, 20:11
And what faction will these reporters be from i am TT and we wouldn't want them to be filthy Biotech they would never give an unbiased report to anything. We need them to be from a faction without an axe to grind

Xtro
In GUNS we trust

"The character will have a modified skill set and special 'Faction' to separate them from normal Runners. The accounts are normal accounts, with no special permissions."

Dribble Joy
25-09-12, 20:16
While these 'publications' fling their filth at each other some of us, particularly those in the main of the wasteland, would like some real news.....

William Antrim
28-09-12, 22:10
Only just saw this. Will have my application in tomorrow.

Trivaldi
28-09-12, 22:29
I've only had one submission so far ;)

William Antrim
28-09-12, 22:59
Sent you a mail. Hope you read it ok. Its a bit rough around the edges as it has not been proof-read in a while but I wanted to get an email off right away so as not to miss out. I will send more examples of my work if needed. I have excellent English skills and this sort of thing is definitely my thing. I hope it finds you well (sorry there is a little more than 300 words).

If you still need a character bio I will knock one together tomorrow.

Bozz-Von Mel
29-09-12, 00:26
Sent you a mail. Hope you read it ok. Its a bit rough around the edges as it has not been proof-read in a while but I wanted to get an email off right away so as not to miss out. I will send more examples of my work if needed. I have excellent English skills and this sort of thing is definitely my thing. I hope it finds you well (sorry there is a little more than 300 words).

If you still need a character bio I will knock one together tomorrow.

I vouch for this guy above me.

Doc Holliday
29-09-12, 03:23
Only just saw this. Will have my application in tomorrow.

Sorry. When i saw this threat you i knew you would be all over it like a rabid rotweiler on someones children. i mean. You would be on it like a sausage up an alley. i mean er. ok you would definitely wanna get amongst it. ;)

I just thought aah he might not have time to do it with everything else thats going on. sorry for that bro ;)

Triv. Im echoing bozz-Von Mel's sentiments. I would highly suggest you give him a shot and this is not family loyalty playing a role. Its the truth. Im sure you will see. I would have loved to have done it myself but i think my time zone wont permit.

dWintermut3
29-09-12, 04:39
Sent!

300 words is so... tiny for a good news article! and 150 is tiny for a bio! I had to cut SOOOOO much.

Doc Holliday
29-09-12, 06:26
2 applications. i woulda just smashed the word limit and said that its because you want the job. :)

William Antrim
29-09-12, 12:32
I did.

I havent written a bio yet though but 100 words I can smash out in half hour. I just need something suitably brainwashed by the Government, so I am watching Ed Milliband's speech at the Labour Party Conference and then I am going to be suitably misled by Tony Blair from some Youtube archives and then I will be in the right mindset to concoct a nosey journalist persona.

Trivaldi
02-10-12, 12:46
I hope to get back to those who have sent an application (thanks!) this week. My inbox still eagerly awaits further applications (as outlined in the OP)!

Cheers,

carbonkink
10-10-12, 06:14
I would like to help out the RP's with illustrations for their neocronicles... if that's possible. I'm a digital painter, and can whip out quick paintings to go along with the story. Of course, up to the V team ;P I posted a speedpaint of an aggie in the Garriots Dinner forum if you would like to see what I can do.

Faid
10-10-12, 16:35
I was thinking of possibly doing a small short series of video's for the neocronicle. Kinda like news coverage of the events, maybe with some voice-over interviews. I think it would be cool, maybe like a weekly news segment thats a few minutes long.

dark_reaper
15-10-12, 11:59
I was thinking of possibly doing a small short series of video's for the neocronicle. Kinda like news coverage of the events, maybe with some voice-over interviews. I think it would be cool, maybe like a weekly news segment thats a few minutes long.

If you need help, I will be glad to help out, I myself used to work in the media as a News Director, and editor.

Trivaldi
15-10-12, 12:05
Any additional content is always welcome from "freelance" reporters in the form of your own characters. :) Feel free to either PM me or email me (trivaldi@neocron.com) with any articles or content you'd like to submit for publishing for the Neocronicle.

I hope those who have applied have not wandered off, I will be getting back to everyone this week (for reals this time!) so keep an eye on your Forum PM inbox! All responses will be delivered via the forum. Sorry it's taken so long to get this off the ground, a few rough weeks for me have caused some delays but the storyline wagon is starting to get somewhere. ;)

I'll post here once everyone has been contacted but will close this thread for now.

Cheers,