PDA

View Full Version : [00658]Aggressor Cellar: Invisible obstruction in corridor after first room

Ivan Eres
21-09-12, 08:11
In the Aggressor Cellar when you walk thru the first room after the synch you go thru a narrow corridor.

After the first corner to the right there is an invisible obstruction. The character stops its movement there.

The workaround is to jump over it every single time.

I think most of the players have noticed this already.

flib
22-09-12, 02:24
I'm pretty sure it's because those "corridors" are just fences that they put there for some reason, which are permanent parts of the map.

Forget_My_Name
22-09-12, 03:27
Those walkways have always had those invisible walls since day 1 a decade ago.

Best thing to do is jump over them.

Dropout
22-09-12, 09:34
Those walkways have always had those invisible walls since day 1 a decade ago.

Best thing to do is jump over them.
Yeah, I doubt that's something that's going to be fixed any time soon. Although it would be very nice for it to be fixed for the newbie experience :)

Ascension
25-09-12, 09:52
Some time this game feels like an alpha version! Lol.

Jameson Clarke
10-10-12, 19:21
You can tell that some of those fences are the typical "blockerfences" used by the NC team to seal off areas that are buggy or allow some sort of abuse. That zone, at one time, was a lot less fenced in. Ever notice the ladder to "get out" of the water down there? The orginal design for the zone had many spots where runners could fall into the sewage water conduits.

I'd assume they were in a hurry to make the zone less of a mess and messed up the clipping in that hallway when placinng the fences.

Ivan Eres
11-10-12, 10:40
You can tell that some of those fences are the typical "blockerfences" used by the NC team to seal off areas that are buggy or allow some sort of abuse. That zone, at one time, was a lot less fenced in. Ever notice the ladder to "get out" of the water down there? The orginal design for the zone had many spots where runners could fall into the sewage water conduits.

I'd assume they were in a hurry to make the zone less of a mess and messed up the clipping in that hallway when placinng the fences.

Yeah, you are right.

There is also one room in the aggy cellars where some "blockerfences" were placed above a cavity.

There one can see it too that the clipping calculation is not correct for the "blockerfences" because the aggressor captains sometimes fall down into this cavity, slowly emerging again after that. Sometimes they fall down after they've been killed and can't be reached anymore.