PDA

View Full Version : Advertise going F2P?

ReKKeR
20-09-12, 15:55
Now that Titan is up and running I think we should be promoting NC on various MMO forums to try and lure some nostalgic players or new players to the game while the lower level player base is so active. If Terra was up and low level areas on Titan/Terra were empty, I don't think many people would make it very far before moving onto another game assuming NC was just empty. However, this is the perfect time to repair the player base and hopefully keep NC going for another decade. Anyone who can look beyond the graphics will find NC to be one of the most unique MMO's out there and I'm sure some will stick with it.

Having only recently returned, I'm looking at NC from fresh eyes. It has a very nostalgic feel but I'm still having plenty of 'oh yea' moments for simple things that new players might overlook and turn them off from the game. I know we have the guides section but I don't see anything that covers very simple game functions that could be overlooked. Like how to chat in the Help channel (and are there any other public channels used?), how to use the navray or that the navray exists, it could easily be overlooked. Basic leveling progression tips, how choosing your starting profession determines what items you start with and your Mr. Jones quest reward. Just simple things to give a new player base some direction.

Nose
20-09-12, 16:28
true that. for now I'd trust in other players helping everyone as friendly as possible.

that should do the trick for now, as long as pops arent too big.

Dropout
20-09-12, 19:07
Lets not call it F2P though.. Since F2P games pretty much always suck and have cashstores and so on.. So lets just call it completely free - for the time being.

William Antrim
20-09-12, 19:50
If youre gonna sell 'crack to the kiddies you cant tell em it will be paid for eventually, you just have to tell them its free NOW!

Dropout
20-09-12, 19:51
If youre gonna sell 'crack to the kiddies you cant tell em it will be paid for eventually, you just have to tell them its free NOW!

Hahahaha yeah I guess thats true... :D

ReKKeR
21-09-12, 15:01
If Titan can stay up for 3 consecutive days then maybe advertise heavily. I appreciate the hardships the team is going through and how quickly they stay on top of these things and keep us informed, but server down time can quickly kill a good thing for the toddler mentality most gamers have today.

I just think Neocron has A LOT going for it that it could still be successful on the MMO market and find its niche in the very under developed corner of sci-fi MMO's. I mean if you would have told me in 2003 the top sci-fi MMO would still be EVE I would have laughed, there was a little window of popularity for the genre with Neocron, Anarchy Online, Eve and the big flop Matrix Online. Not a whole lot has happened since then and the genre is still viable especially with being PvP focused, being *TOTALLY FREE ^right now*, AND a new fresh server will create quite an influx of new and returning players.

I know the team says they're fine financially, but maybe ads on the launcher could supplement more income to keep this train going.

Maxkhl
21-09-12, 15:39
Steam Greenlight (http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight) could be interesting.

Ascension
21-09-12, 15:54
Steam Greenlight (http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight) could be interesting.

Looks like a good idea! Might be worth checking out?