PDA

View Full Version : Account Creation

DarkKindness
18-09-12, 22:25
So, I'm a player from the Neocron 1 beta days who's looking to return - I never got around to trying Neocron 2, but I always loved the cyberpunk feel of the universe. Unfortunately, I've chosen to try to come back at a poor time, with the DDoS attacks shutting down essential services and forcing more stringent security, so I've been unable to set up an account with the website's account menu (it pops a 404 error, and I know that they've got it closed for the time being).

That said, is there an ETA on getting account creation back up and running, or is there an alternate way that I could set up an account? I'd really love to get going on Titan while things are still fresh there!

nEo-1664
18-09-12, 22:30
According to Mokoi, it is as of yesterday. However with the latest downtime(that was the server being unplugged) I presume it hasn't been turned off either.

Account creation has now been re-enabled. Work on other areas is still in progress.
Thank you for your patience.

Mokoi
Neocron Support Team
N E O C R O N . C O M

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?145743-Can-t-Create-new-account-help&p=2189228&viewfull=1#post2189228

Mokoi
18-09-12, 22:58
so I've been unable to set up an account with the website's account menu (it pops a 404 error, and I know that they've got it closed for the time being).

Please use the form provided via the game launcher:
http://launcher.neocron.com/account_create

The website is awfully outdated and is marked to be replaced as soon as time allows.

DarkKindness
18-09-12, 23:52
Got an account set up and downloading the game now - thanks much for the help!

DarkKindness
19-09-12, 01:40
All right, time for my next question - I downloaded the client and patches from the link upthread, but when I open the launcher, the auto updater hangs on connecting to server. The only servers I have available to select in my drop down menu are "eocron Evolution 2.2 Server" and "Neocron Evolution Testserver". When I try to ping the IP in my updater.ini file, I get 100% packet loss, but can access everything else on the internet just fine. I have a modem and a router, and have given Neocron full passthrough on my firewall... don't know what's going on here!

Edit: Answered my own question; for some reason, it didn't like the .zip patch files that I downloaded from the upthread link. Deleted those and patched through the launcher, and all is well!