PDA

View Full Version : Service Update 17th Sept 2012

Trivaldi
17-09-12, 02:23
Hello,

Below is some information regarding the Neocron Service. We hope to remove confusion by providing this concise run down of the situation.

Recent DDoS Attacks
A solution has been implemented to ease the stress caused by the attacks. There should be a noticeable improvement in game server availability over the next few days. Web based services should already see an improvement. For obvious reason we cannot give any details on this solution.

Terra [EN] & Mars [DE] Game Servers
Provided on Canadian hosting by Kirk Lenke, these servers remain as they were. Up time should improve but these servers remain available for players to utilise under the standard rules, with in game support provided (in English and German) by the Neocron Support Team. Lag spikes on these servers unfortunately cannot be resolved due to the nature of our hosting agreement.

Although considered “Legacy Servers” Terra and Mars will still receive future patch updates. Now changes to the infrastructure have been made, these servers will become Terra [NA] and Mars [NA], to reflect their physical location (North America).

Mercury [DE] Game Server
Mercury’s database was backed up and is securely stored. The server itself will not be returning.

*NEW* Titan [EU] Game Server
An entirely new 4 slot server provided by members of the Neocron Support Team. Better hardware in a more secure environment hosted in Europe. A fresh server enabling a fresh start for the game to improve the Neocron experience for everyone, thanks to improved hardware and hosting environment performance. Supported in full by the Neocron Support Team (in English and German) under the usual rules, receiving all future patch updates.

Titan [EU] will launch Soon™ and have a completely clean economy. At least initially only brand new 0/2 rank characters will be available, to anyone with a Neocron 2 Game Account.

Titan [EU] Character Transfer
At this time discussions are still going on internally as to our stance on character transfers to the new server. We hope to reach a decision as soon as possible; after investigating the technical feasibility of different tiers of character transfer. We will post another update once we have confirmed our stance on this. We can confirm however, that no character transfer will be available at the launch of Titan [EU].

In the meantime all players still have the choice of playing on the older servers.

We hope this makes the situation clearer.
Neocron Support Team

Kanedax
17-09-12, 02:37
Just a heads up, Titan is down.

Trivaldi
17-09-12, 02:41
Just a heads up, Titan is down.

Titan [EU] will launch Soon™
Although Titan appears in your server list, is has not yet officially been opened to the public. We'll post again when you're good to go.

Kanedax
17-09-12, 02:44
Got ya. I was a bit confused because in the discussion thread I saw people talking about their ping and what not.

Setlec
17-09-12, 02:49
now that's a good news! that made my day!

xanu
17-09-12, 03:03
will titan server have a anti cheat patch?

TGUU
17-09-12, 03:17
Although Titan appears in your server list, is has not yet officially been opened to the public. We'll post again when you're good to go.

Are we talking hours or weeks on the good to go?

Drachenpaladin
17-09-12, 03:52
No Char-transfer, on whatsoever tier!

Fresh server must stay fresh!

hatmankh
17-09-12, 03:56
I agree with Drachenpaladin, maybe we should have a poll as well, the german section already had one.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?145727-Neuer-Server-und-bei-0-anfangen-oder-lieber-nicht-Votet-hier-%29

Setlec
17-09-12, 04:16
no transfer, please! it's a shame but i'll let my char on terra even one of my char is 9 years old...

TGUU
17-09-12, 04:19
I say after 6 months, allow transfers. Give everyone a chance to prosper and make higher toons. Then decide what they want to do.

Doc Holliday
17-09-12, 04:23
good news at least we have something to go on. im curious to see what the effects of this are. i think the whole "internal discussion/transfer issue" will be easily resolved. Look at traffic to the server from the first month of it being up and see how many take up the challenge and how many of us hold off from moving. Personally i like the ping i get to terra now (lag spikes aside) as, given my location, its a lot more easy to play on. i will see what titans ping is like though. maybe i will start there and try it out.

patiently waiting. as always. :)

Model192
17-09-12, 04:26
Agreed, no char transfers. Also, for when we get new players, why don't you label the servers [Legacy] Mars and [Legacy] Terra so the newer players will be compelled to play on [Whatever] Titan?

ancient
17-09-12, 05:09
Nice work to all the team who stayed with the game. I stopped playing because of the way things got in the later days, but I'm very glad to hear that there's still effort being made to get this game back on track. After all it is the best game EVER made.

I'm deffo gonna come back for a bit. Hopefully more long term, but we'll see how it goes. I don't have as much time as I used to, but the game time I have now will most likely get spent on NC once again. :)

I'm sure this thread will make many many people smile.

I say start afresh, allthough it's many years of work left on the other server, I think it, with the fact new accounts can be made, will entice newer players to stay longer as they wont be surrounded by vets who are all woc 3!

much love <3

Doc Holliday
17-09-12, 05:11
how about transfer the naked character only. nothing else. or naked plus armour. Let the people outfit them themselves. Doesnt fuck up the economy etc as its purely the character and earned levels thats getting switched. It will still require them to get armour implants etc which means farming/grinding etc. no cash transferred doesnt fuck the economy. If its feasible to do. maybe on a case by case basis.

Pre transfer you could even have people strip all imps etc (ie pull them out) and then take a snapshot of the char. im happy to start with nothing if thats whats needed and make money worthwhile again but like others said i dont want the pain of grinding 5 capped chars or more. i want to be able to play and have fun. not sit there levelling for ever and getting ganked in levelling spots. :)

Dark-Destroy
17-09-12, 07:38
I really want a new clean server and no one can gauge if the character who are transfered level with or without bug using. So I'm against transfer :)

Drabovitch
17-09-12, 08:08
Its so boring if you can transfer your old Chars. Many players capped their chars with exploits and bugusing. Everyone have to start at 0/2 on the new server !

Doc Holliday
17-09-12, 08:55
sorry guys but the last 2 posts are some of the stupidest ive seen on here in a long time. so called bug using can happen on a so called clean server. Just because a char is 0/2 or /060 makes sweet fuck all difference.

flawed logic. When you figure out what i just wrote write me back with an intelligent reply.

flib
17-09-12, 08:55
I'm of two minds about this. Labeling the old servers as "legacy" seems (to me) to imply that they are being phased out. If this is the case and they are eventually going to go away in favor of Titan, I'd really like to have at least a limited character transfer. (Quickbelt, armor, implants, levels)

However, if Terra isn't going anywhere, a totally clean server sounds like a fun distraction.

Nose
17-09-12, 09:20
I'm starting to like the idea of a delayed naked-char transfer.
wait until there's lots of capped runners and then allow some naked chars from other servers to be transferred.

so the beloved toons can follow in case the old servers MIGHT be closed. I totally do understand that ...
this would do no harm, either, I guess.

Ivan Eres
17-09-12, 09:54
Rock And Roll, Baby!

I needs me some Neocrack now, before Titan opens.

Thank you all very much for your effort. You guys rock!

Dribble Joy
17-09-12, 09:55
I'll say what I've said a few times now.

QB only.
No armour, epics, tools, keys, techs or cash. Also look into other items that can be sold for high values at vendors.
Wipe implant slots, maybe wipe any imp in QB.
Max one or two weapons?

I don't mind waiting a little while before a transfer.

Omnituens
17-09-12, 10:33
If Terra is being closed in the future, I would be in favour of a char transfer. QB only, no vehicle or apt keys, everything else is fair game.

If they are going to remain open, no transfers.

I know I am going to play on Titan almost exclusively as 10 sec lag spike every 2 minutes is getting very frustrating.

Dribble Joy
17-09-12, 10:44
everything else is fair game.
The problem is that in the NC1 -> NC2 transfer, many people stuffed their QBs with tl150 tools. Then they used a barter to get buckets of cash right off the bat.

nEo-1664
17-09-12, 11:07
I would personally be slightly disappointed if no form of character transfer was offered, simply as I played on Terra because it was an EU server. If it is due to now stay in NA, then I would not choose to play on it, but all over my characters that have had many many many hours of work into them are now on a server I wouldn't choose to play on.

Like mentioned above, I wouldn't mind so much at a naked transfer, but a transfer none the less.

Nose
17-09-12, 11:15
jeah. naked. without anything at all. only xp.
else players will stuff their uber leet duped items into their QB or whereever and infect the new server.

Dissenter
17-09-12, 11:36
If Terra is being closed in the future, I would be in favour of a char transfer. QB only, no vehicle or apt keys, everything else is fair game.

If they are going to remain open, no transfers.

I know I am going to play on Titan almost exclusively as 10 sec lag spike every 2 minutes is getting very frustrating.

A limited transfer does seem to be the consensus, why people are getting emotional about a 'fresh start' is beyond me. You're still all the same people, it'll be all of a week before things are very familiar anyway.

I feel that perhaps a limited transfer after a set number of weeks is fair, people will have levelled a lot by that time so sending over a large batch of levelled characters won't make much difference except a higher population - something we all want.

Velia
17-09-12, 12:08
Aah we whined so much ( actually I whined like crazy ) but that annoucement is perfect ! ( all i need is one char transfert now : )
Keep up the incredible work, and thousands thx for keeping nc alive !

Dru Blood
17-09-12, 12:40
Great news Zoltan and the rest of the team are amazing guys / girl. I will see you all in game tonight :)

As for the new Server - I will probably make a spy.

Its difficult for the community to decide whether to keep playing on the legacy servers or to move across to the new server. I think (as hard as it is to swallow) that the only way to make the new server succesful is to to down the Legacy servers and offer no transfer service. This will enable all new players and existing to start on a level playing field.

kevz
17-09-12, 13:38
Naked transfer with a small amount of credits to buy vendor gear. As said before, Terra is too laggy so i wont be playing there anymore, however im not bothered to level 4 characters 24/7 again, and then some. I believe most people feel the same way so it wouldnt help the community at all if no transfers were to be allowed.

LiL T
17-09-12, 13:42
Let people transfer with QB only after some time, lets say just before Christmas, that would be a perfect time to allow those who want to move characters to do so imo.

Dissenter
17-09-12, 14:29
This seems to be the best idea really, it's fair. People get a fresh start on a new server, then once it's established some characters can be migrated - without hoards of rares and deep pockets to affect the economy negatively. Titan would then get a population boost, and after some time I imagine Terra would be more derelict.

I fear by choosing no character transfers, or even taking the hard-line of shutting it down completely as someone suggested, would anger or alienate many players who don't wish to spend the time re-leveling and result in a lower population once again.

It's easy to fall into the trap of 'its easy to re-level' or 'it takes no time at all' - but not everyone is a regular player, clanned, or has the time and drive to do so. Some of the more casual, new, or recently returning players might feel jaded by the fact they just enjoyed achieving a decent level, only to have this removed with no choice of continuing this character on a new and more stable server once it has an establish society on it after a month or so.

Nose
17-09-12, 14:45
agree!

Dru Blood
17-09-12, 15:56
This seems to be the best idea really, it's fair. People get a fresh start on a new server, then once it's established some characters can be migrated - without hoards of rares and deep pockets to affect the economy negatively. Titan would then get a population boost, and after some time I imagine Terra would be more derelict.

I fear by choosing no character transfers, or even taking the hard-line of shutting it down completely as someone suggested, would anger or alienate many players who don't wish to spend the time re-leveling and result in a lower population once again.

It's easy to fall into the trap of 'its easy to re-level' or 'it takes no time at all' - but not everyone is a regular player, clanned, or has the time and drive to do so. Some of the more casual, new, or recently returning players might feel jaded by the fact they just enjoyed achieving a decent level, only to have this removed with no choice of continuing this character on a new and more stable server once it has an establish society on it after a month or so.

Good Post I agree with this - Neocron Admin team take note :)

L0KI
17-09-12, 16:14

I totally agree with this. I don't care about my stuff; it's the time invested to level my character (yes, that's one) to WoC.

However, I will most certainly start a new character on Titan as soon as it launches, as I want to feel that buzz once again of everyone helping one another, and everyone being on even ground.

Give it 3 months or so, then open it up to an extremely limited character transfer. I agree with DJ; QB only; no implants.

[K1]Luke
17-09-12, 17:49
OK I've been reading through this and I have some mixed feelings, but firstly I just want to point something out.

To everyone who is saying "I don't care about my items", are you just saying that because at the moment there are so many rares, MC5s, WoC armours etc, floating around that they have no real value? Imagine how you felt when first starting out in this game, and you were scared to take a rare into a zone that would put you at risk of losing such a valued item. I'm not saying you are wrong, just think about it.

I have thought about this, and I am like most people when it comes to losing a character that I have invested so much time and effort in. Even though I would miss the mass amounts of rares at my disposal, I would miss the feeling of dedication that I had put in when getting WoC 3 on a character more.

I'd like to see transfers open up, but limit to only quickbelt items and limit what sort of items you can take. I'd be happy just taking my WoC armour and one of my weapons.

Credits currently have no value in-game for certain reasons, but on the new server they will replace unressed techs as the main source of currency once again (at least, I hope so). Since that is the case, there should be a limit on how much cash you can transfer.

I'm not sure how clear I am on this matter as I am distracted quite a bit, but I hope some of you can understand my point of view.

L0KI
17-09-12, 18:23
Luke;2189203']
To everyone who is saying "I don't care about my items", are you just saying that because at the moment there are so many rares, MC5s, WoC armours etc, floating around that they have no real value?

That's part of it. Personally, I'm saying it because some of the things that made this game so exciting when it first started was that rares were actually rare, money was valuable, and tradeskillers could make a great living hanging around in Plaza 1. Nowadays, everyone has a tradeskilling alt or at the very least, a buddy with an alt.

I seldom play the game, and I have 4 or 5 slotted versions of almost every weapon in game, and at least one of every Mc5 chip. I still only have the one character, too.

Cash means nothing. I have just shy of 80 million across 4 characters (3 of them created just to store money).

Luke;2189203']
Imagine how you felt when first starting out in this game, and you were scared to take a rare into a zone that would put you at risk of losing such a valued item. I'm not saying you are wrong, just think about it.

I don't need to imagine it; I remember it. It meant something.

That's my point really; it'll all mean something again.

If you weren't around to experience the thrill of being so desperate for that last part of the Pain Easer that you sat on the trade channel all day long hoping to trade someone for it, then you don't know what you're missing :)

Kanedax
17-09-12, 19:01
I think it boils down to what is more important. Obviously that would be the individual characters themselves. I've been one of the ones arguing for, if not a totally clean slate, a strictly character only transfer. Not because I don't care about my items, as I've said before I stand to lose two gold PAs, an anti-radiation suit (one of the rarest items in the game now) and several all arti 5 slot weapons of all sorts. If they decide to allow some item transfers you can bet your ass I'll transfer some of my items. However, I think the best thing for the server is to start 100% fresh from an economic and item stand point. This will allow for an instantaneous fix to the in game economy and would give people like myself a reason to engage in something other than PvP, something I haven't done in probably 4 years.

William Antrim
17-09-12, 19:12
If they removed woc it would be even better.

Dribble Joy
17-09-12, 19:18
It's the babe-suits, ARSs and similar items that I am most 'concerned' about (aside from the xp). You can wipe my WoC3 PA, 5 slot items, MC5s, hordes of regular items, but the seriously rare and almost unique stuff some of us have are little mementos of our many years here.

If they removed woc it would be even better.
Or, you know, rework it and/or the weapons?

William Antrim
17-09-12, 19:30
Well yeah I would be happy with that. I think it should be a benefit rather than a requirement.

Other than that I am more than happy with the way things are going currently. I will probably hold off joining Titan for a while because I am having fun on Terra when I can play. However I hope you guys who are the newer ones here have as much fun as the rest of us did in NC originally.

L0KI
17-09-12, 19:46
It's the babe-suits, ARSs and similar items that I am most 'concerned' about (aside from the xp). You can wipe my WoC3 PA, 5 slot items, MC5s, hordes of regular items, but the seriously rare and almost unique stuff some of us have are little mementos of our many years here.

Or, you know, rework it and/or the weapons?

I'm not sure how they'd go about policing which items could and could not be transferred, but I totally understand this.

I personally have nothing like this, so it doesn't affect me. There are however a few that have played from the very beginning, and have these non-combat items which they should be able to keep. They don't affect the economy (as I highly doubt anyone would bother selling one of these).

Maybe the GMs would be kind enough to deal with these cases individually.

Selendor
17-09-12, 20:57
Hi, just adding my opinion that if Titan becomes the active server (rather than Terra) then levelled character transfers would be the bare minimum to convince me (and I presume, other vets) to return.

Levelling without exploiting well known areas took me years, I remember falling asleep at my keyboard on many occasions, and as we are now all a decade older many people just don't have the time or interest in going through that again. That being said, starting with no items would certainly revitalise the market and hunting scene, presuming the support team can keep on top of any exploits or duping.

Remember, most people's best weapons were all handed out by the GM's after a server rollback some years back.

Anyways, it sounds like the support team are putting in a lot of effort to keep the game alive and that should be applauded when so many other MMO's have ceased over the years.

ancient
17-09-12, 21:21
Hi, just adding my opinion that if Titan becomes the active server (rather than Terra) then levelled character transfers would be the bare minimum to convince me (and I presume, other vets) to return.

Levelling without exploiting well known areas took me years, I remember falling asleep at my keyboard on many occasions, and as we are now all a decade older many people just don't have the time or interest in going through that again. That being said, starting with no items would certainly revitalise the market and hunting scene, presuming the support team can keep on top of any exploits or duping.

Remember, most people's best weapons were all handed out by the GM's after a server rollback some years back.

Anyways, it sounds like the support team are putting in a lot of effort to keep the game alive and that should be applauded when so many other MMO's have ceased over the years.

I think only unique items should be allowed to cross the server boarders if at all. I'm all for starting afresh, but if there are char transfers it should, imo, only be with items that you can't get freely in game; Like the compensation 5 slot arti weps, woc 3 armor, competition armor like babe suit etc.

Anything that you can get in game shouldn't be transferred I don't think.

Also empty custom apartments would be nice to transfer as some people spent a long long time doing up their apartments, but tbh that doesn't bother me, it's just other people may not want to move server because of this element possibly.

William Antrim
17-09-12, 21:25
I think they should definitely move Logan's Emporium. Complete with all of the stuff in the app.

That guy is the fuckin Kingpin of NC.

<3

Bruder Malmsdoo
18-09-12, 19:20
I think only unique items should be allowed to cross the server boarders if at all. I'm all for starting afresh, but if there are char transfers it should, imo, only be with items that you can't get freely in game; Like the compensation 5 slot arti weps, woc 3 armor, competition armor like babe suit etc.

Anything that you can get in game shouldn't be transferred I don't think.

Also empty custom apartments would be nice to transfer as some people spent a long long time doing up their apartments, but tbh that doesn't bother me, it's just other people may not want to move server because of this element possibly.

A new start von everyone will mean, that you don't need a top equipment to be competitive at the beginning. Mc5, LE out and happy fragging

ancient
18-09-12, 19:25
A new start von everyone will mean, that you don't need a top equipment to be competitive at the beginning. Mc5, LE out and happy fragging

Like I say, I'm for a fresh start, but if it's decided to transfer characters then I think it should be limited to what I posted.

Dropout
18-09-12, 20:56
I just hope that they will allow character transfers (WITH QB/Armor/Imps) at some point..
Some of us, just dont have the time to farm like crazy AGAIN.

And some of us ONLY play for the pvp! Some of us cant stand PVE'ing, and will rather quit that being forced to do it all over AGAIN.

Doc Holliday
18-09-12, 23:45
Bottom of the first page. Last post on page 1. Naked Transfer of char. NO qb no imps etc. Solves almost all your problems. ;) originally posted by me. dont see how this cannot be considered.

DJ even said qb xfer means people stuffing belts with tl150 tools etc like in nc2 xfer. think about it kiddies.

Haxxor
19-09-12, 00:01
I just hope that they will allow character transfers (WITH QB/Armor/Imps) at some point..
Some of us, just dont have the time to farm like crazy AGAIN.

And some of us ONLY play for the pvp! Some of us cant stand PVE'ing, and will rather quit that being forced to do it all over AGAIN.

You're not being forced to change server?

Fresh Server needs to start clean.

Dropout
19-09-12, 00:16
You're not being forced to change server?

Fresh Server needs to start clean.

We kinda are though..
And sure, I dont care if the server starts clean.
But in a couple of months all the people without a job/life will have the same amount, if not a lot more than we could possible bring over from Terra.. So I really cant see the problem with it.

danmalone
19-09-12, 10:22
This is how I think it should be done

1. No inventory transferable (gogo and appts also not included)
2. Only the protected slot in the QB can be transfered (be it a weapon or a tradeskiller tool)
3. Armor that the player is wearing transfers across.
4. A maximum of 10-20k which will cover the cost of a few clips of ammo (or res/cst lube if you're a tradeskiller)
5. No implants (otherwise people would just unplug them and start selling straight away)
6. Unique items such as the babesuit and ARS should be transferable and this would need to be highlighted to GM's prior to the transfer

I do think however, that should transfers be allowed, it should only allow for 1 (possibly 2 max) characters to be transfered per account. This would then limit resources still which I think is a good thing and it would also allow people to keep their beloved characters that they've spent so much time leveling up.

The only issue I can forsee with what I've suggested would be PPU's (and in this case, how my 2nd suggestion would affect them)

I have a total of 3 accounts myself with all but 1 or 2 characters (out of 12 obviously) capped and with WoC or the exp for WoC. I myself would have a lot to lose if my suggestions would be implemented but I could say exactly which character from each account (just 1) I'd bring across to the new server.

Nice to have the forums back anyway whatever the issue was :P

Haxxor
19-09-12, 10:25
too complicated. New Server should be a fresh start all round.

Ivan Eres
19-09-12, 10:59

Yeah, that's right.

No pain, no gain.

Drabovitch
19-09-12, 11:04

Yeah, that's right.

No pain, no gain.

100% agree

L0KI
19-09-12, 11:35
100% agree

Why do I know that name...

danmalone
19-09-12, 11:37
100% agree

A complete wipe and fresh start just wouldn't really work IMO.

As long as Terra exists, people will keep playing there (assuming its not getting DDOS'd) - You honestly can't expect people who've played the game for years to all just agree to up sticks and leave everything in favour of a fresh start on a new server, it just wont happen.

Some people will make a completely fresh start, others will split their playtime between servers and the rest just won't bother moving at all.

Another server is just another way to split an already dwindling community. Account creation has brought a lot of new faces to the game and it will continue to do so however you've still got people leaving for other games (yeh, they'll be back, they always are)

If people start afresh on Titan, and limited character transfers roll in later down the line, then Terra could be phased out and I think it'd all work very nicely

Dropout
19-09-12, 13:45
A complete wipe and fresh start just wouldn't really work IMO.

As long as Terra exists, people will keep playing there (assuming its not getting DDOS'd) - You honestly can't expect people who've played the game for years to all just agree to up sticks and leave everything in favour of a fresh start on a new server, it just wont happen.

Some people will make a completely fresh start, others will split their playtime between servers and the rest just won't bother moving at all.

Another server is just another way to split an already dwindling community. Account creation has brought a lot of new faces to the game and it will continue to do so however you've still got people leaving for other games (yeh, they'll be back, they always are)

If people start afresh on Titan, and limited character transfers roll in later down the line, then Terra could be phased out and I think it'd all work very nicely

This^

All of the Titan players is gonna be begging for character transfers (Terra to Titan) when the pop goes Down to 2-3% though. So I'll just give it some time..

I do love how almost everyone of the people who's against character transfers, are no-namers/newbs..
Stick to the same game/characters for 6 years straight, then come here and talk tbh.

Doc Holliday
19-09-12, 14:02
Stick to the same game/characters for 6 years straight, then come here and talk tbh.

Quoted for truth.

Haxxor
19-09-12, 14:17
I do love how almost everyone of the people who's against character transfers, are no-namers/newbs..

And everyone who's for it has capped chars, top items, ect.

Dropout
19-09-12, 14:25

Obviously.. We have used A LOT of time on this game..
Thats why Im all for the server to be fresh start for a couple of months - however after those months, people should be allowed to transfer their (insanely old) characters to Titan..

Shazam
19-09-12, 14:26
I have 2 accounts with 8 capped chars, all full of the rares and stuff they need, most are WOC'd up and im all up for starting fresh, ive been playing since 2003 and have no issues moving over,.

i like the thought of everyone starting on the same playing field, the value of items and money will be reset, people will be able to lvl as teams again properly

sure if given the option to transfer anything i wouldnt not transfer however no objections from me for a fresh start

maybe im the exception to the rule

Dropout
19-09-12, 14:32
I have 2 accounts with 8 capped chars, all full of the rares and stuff they need, most are WOC'd up and im all up for starting fresh, ive been playing since 2003 and have no issues moving over,.

i like the thought of everyone starting on the same playing field, the value of items and money will be reset, people will be able to lvl as teams again properly

sure if given the option to transfer anything i wouldnt not transfer however no objections from me for a fresh start

maybe im the exception to the rule

Im guessing that your a PVE'er/tradeskiller? Considering that I have no idea who you are - at least from your forum name..

danmalone
19-09-12, 14:33

Yes, this may be true but the majority of the population all have at least 1 capped character. What you're essentially stating is that you want to write off years of some peoples hard work just so you can be on a playing field - Pretty unfair if you ask me and as mentioned in my last post, it wouldn't work.

Those with capped characters and 'top items' likely outweight the 'noobs'... What is the big issue with allowing limited transfers (similar to what I stated in one of my previous posts) a few months later down the line? So what if it means that XXXX has 1 more capped character on Titan than you do, it doesn't matter.

Its the capped characters that go out hunting, injecting money and techs into the ecomony. Its capped characters that sit about researching and constructing all day... A few months down the line, you could have one of these yourself on Titan all freshly leveled. Those that have been faithful to the game could transfer their beloved characters 3-4months later and the only benefit they'd have over you would be one extra capped character which is hardly game (or even economy) breaking.

I also might add (because Dropout stated it and I forgot to include) - The first few months is a level playing field. If transfers are allowed (limited again to what I said in my previous post) then it is only making the game harder for that person because they're going to have to pay for the implants and general upkeep of the other characters they've transfered aswelll as all the other stuff that comes with it.

Its like WoW in a sense... those with only one character have very limited upkeep costs for that character. Now if you have 10 characters that you actively play, you've got a lot more money to spend keeping them all in check (hope you can see what I'm getting at with this)

Mokoi
19-09-12, 14:38
Please accept that there are vastly different opinions on the matter and as such, no matter what we end up doing, someone is bound to be unhappy.
Please settle the topic until we have news and require your feedback. Titan is likely going to start out fresh, with the topic of character transfers being revisited soon™. As a matter of fact: we cannot offer a reliable char transfer system in time for the Titan launch and we have decided to not postpone the server because of this. If and when and how a character transfer is made available, will be up for discussion when we get to it. Right now our main concerning is keeping Neocron afloat despite the destructive and harmful acitivities performed by some sick antisocial individuals. Thank you for your understanding.