PDA

View Full Version : nc2.2 vs nc2.1

Speedball
16-09-12, 20:59
Just asking : If reaKKtor asked you, would you vote for a change of the PvP system as it was in nc2.1 (or nc2)? Without the broken WoC, the useless rares and the overall crappy balance, etc...

Yay or nay?

dodgefahrer
16-09-12, 21:13
Clearly NC 2.1 !

I want my melee tank back !!!!!!!!

Dark-Destroy
16-09-12, 21:17
Oh no not this discussion again (but I will vote for 2.1)

Speedball
16-09-12, 21:19
Oh no not this discussion again (but I will vote for 2.1)

New server, new opportunities. Let's do what the community wants to do...

Xiphias
16-09-12, 21:59
I pick neither. I pick NC1.

Chuck Norris
16-09-12, 21:59
PVP was much better but stats on imps degrading was a really bad idea

I pick neither. I pick NC1.
here here!

Dark-Destroy
16-09-12, 22:02
BUT I think there is no option to get the old nc 2.1 back. The volunteers can only work with the things they get

Geist-[uTw]-
16-09-12, 22:04
both crap in comparison to nc1 :lol:

Setlec
16-09-12, 22:31
Clearly NC 2.1 !

I want my melee tank back !!!!!!!! i want my apu & hybrid back!

Xiphias
16-09-12, 23:18
I want my 115/116 Hybrid back ...

MadMeleeFreak
16-09-12, 23:37
Why not ask right away if I would either want OP Tanks and Spies or OP APUs?? Choosing between two broken systems is a bad choice.

I clearly vote aswell to have back NC 1's Items and balance if any back step is taken at all.

Kamikaze Pistol PE FTW!!

LiL T
16-09-12, 23:38
HC PE
Melee PE
APU Hybrids
shelter spys
exe black PA PE's

I miss them all.

Mad_Deunan
17-09-12, 00:40
Nc1!

Drachenpaladin
17-09-12, 03:54
#3 Is missing!

Doc Holliday
17-09-12, 04:28
NC1 Circa 2005. +5 etc stats on imps. no .33442 bullshit. viable weapons that can be used. ungimped classes (apu etc)

All the good things.

NO to para. No to hybrids. At best let hybrids have spy type psi abilities. Hard cap the values they can get on shields. if it can be done. Let em loose on the TS and go from there. Ps. no shelter means no energy/xray deflection but they get alot from armour. that could work imo

Low tech PEs. NC1 style. PLEASE. :P (do that for titan and i will happily level from 0/2 again. christ i will enjoy levelling for a change)

Model192
17-09-12, 04:36
I miss my slasher on my spy, all I'm saying. It's so fucking useless now.

PVP could be fixed with WoC/weapon/balance changes, we don't need to roll back necessarily. Though, I would PLEASE LOVE IT TO GOD BRING BACK THE OLD MODELS. THE NEW MODELS SUCK SACKS OF BALLS.

Model192
17-09-12, 05:11
Also to bump this thread...make P2 a safe zone again, make P3 a safe zone, then make people fight in pepper park again. this P2 stuff is absolutely retarded.

Drevious
17-09-12, 05:26
Also to bump this thread...make P2 a safe zone again, make P3 a safe zone, then make people fight in pepper park again. this P2 stuff is absolutely retarded.

yes for this. but any zone u make open to pvp there will be zone whoring

yavimaya
17-09-12, 05:40
Yes! I would love to be able to use my Rhino driver/gunner PE again!
Running 2 chars to do one thing sucks!

Chuck Norris
17-09-12, 11:33
Yes! I would love to be able to use my Rhino driver/gunner PE again!
Running 2 chars to do one thing sucks!

nowadays you gotta run at least two toons to do anything unless your droning, which really sucks

danmalone
17-09-12, 11:47
I'd vote for a complete rollback to 2.1 as a whole, PVP and PVE. Still would play it though regardless so it doesn't really matter :P

I just miss the HC pe's (everything melee related which is rather poor now) and lowtech pistol and rifle set-ups. I almost really miss drugging to my eyeballs to be a First Love and Silent Hunter PE - I miss those big green plasma blobs shooting across the map :(

Can't have everything we want though :P

L0KI
17-09-12, 15:58
NC1 if I had the choice, but considering I don't, 2.1 will suffice. Please resolve the current imbalanced, horrible state.

I've always liked the oddball classes, and they're no longer viable.

Also... agreed about PP as the unsafe area. Make Plaza 2 safe again; it was an alternative trading area. I get the feeling we're going to need the safety of Plaza 2 in Titan.

Screw it, roll back to NC 2.1 (keeping factions as they are now; I don't remember when that was changed), and call it NC:Titan.

So what's that mean?

- Plaza and Viarosso are completely safe again
- Pepper Park becomes the local deathmatch hotspot (as it clearly should be)
- Make the club (forgot the name) unsafe, as fighting outside that was also an annoyance
- Firemobs/Chaos caves viable again (I think...)
- More weapons options per class
- Melee tanks back - hell yes.
- PE is viable once again
- Hybrid monks become viable again

All in all, this would take the game closer to that NC1 we all know and can't have.

Trivaldi
17-09-12, 16:12
I'd like to take a moment to suggest you utilise the avenues we've opened to discus change. If you feel there are balance issues caused by bugged items, classes or mobs report these in the Bug Reports (http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?233-Bug-Reports) forum. If you feel you have ideas for how to address any balance concerns you have, please add your contribution in the form of a detailed overview to the Brainport (http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?234-Brainport) forum.

TGUU
17-09-12, 17:23
I'd like to take a moment....

...TRIVALDI! Trivaldi!...Men lie, women lie, but stats don't. 39 out of 44 would go back to 2.1.

What more proof do you need?! Brainstorm what? The data is clear...bring 2.1 back. Simple!

BadAss
17-09-12, 19:05
doc Holliday now what would u have against the old hybrids? lol. u were a ally of mine no need to fear my :) old nc is my vote

William Antrim
17-09-12, 19:34
NC1 please with its overpowered classes. All day long.

L0KI
17-09-12, 19:39

This ^^

doc Holliday now what would u have against the old hybrids? lol. u were a ally of mine no need to fear my :) old nc is my vote

Hey Bad Ass. I remember my first encounter with your hybrid in Tech Haven. You were with Matt UK. Needless to say, I lost. It wasn't too long after that I recruited Matt into sYn... Had you left the game at that point or did you join us? I honestly don't remember; the recruitment got out of hand xD

BadAss
17-09-12, 21:13
This ^^

Hey Bad Ass. I remember my first encounter with your hybrid in Tech Haven. You were with Matt UK. Needless to say, I lost. It wasn't too long after that I recruited Matt into sYn... Had you left the game at that point or did you join us? I honestly don't remember; the recruitment got out of hand xD

hey bud I sure remember you it's been ages now but I stayed untill a bit into nc2 most of Ncat did not move to nc2 and all the changes I fell out of the game. but I'm back now. can't remember my details for my hybrid account that had my pe also black soul I remember our old pp days if I remember correctly u were pistol. I was a termy pe. on a side note Matt uk I think was one of the first friends I had on nc.

Doc Holliday
18-09-12, 23:29
hey bud I sure remember you it's been ages now but I stayed untill a bit into nc2 most of Ncat did not move to nc2 and all the changes I fell out of the game. but I'm back now. can't remember my details for my hybrid account that had my pe also black soul I remember our old pp days if I remember correctly u were pistol. I was a termy pe. on a side note Matt uk I think was one of the first friends I had on nc.

black soul was in syndicate. that i can remember very clearly. it was about 3 weeks before i joined and late nc1. we were at mil base and you popped up on him bad. i was quite shocked when i saw the tag because between that and cartel i hadnt seen you join up with many clans. not that i was aware of.

lol @ hybrids comment. one friend vs a million enemies hmm ;) john spike i almost killed at tyron when i had first hit cap and he was regarded as a bad hybrid. only issue was he managed to blue glue me and get away so while i was healing up he also healed up a lot stronger. neitzche ( im not sure how to spell his name ) was one of the ones i hated.

i still dont think hybrids are such a great idea regardless but i guess they will always be a hot topic round here.

Sechs
21-09-12, 16:01

NC1 please with it's less fucked up classes and random people who bitch about how class X needs to be nerfed ASAP.

Seriously, I do 14 damage with a TL 2 grenade launcher while a spy with a tl 13 weapon does 12-16.
An APU, on the other hand, does 10 or less with a tl 12 spell.

Yeah, sure, we don't need no overhaul. :rolleyes:

Amsterdamned
21-09-12, 16:09
definitely 2.1 - but my favorite is still NC1 :angel:

cheers
Amster

Rothmann
21-09-12, 16:52
^
this!!!

tbird
22-09-12, 13:12
i pick neither. I pick nc1.

this! ^

\\Fényx//
22-09-12, 15:17
NC1 would be the preferable choice...

Worthwhile Melee tanks (I still stand by saying that melee didnt need the boost it recieved mid way in NC1, i feel it got a bit silly after that boost if you knew what you were doing on a melee tank...)
Hybrids, Didnt play one till late NC1, but actually liked the fact that there were a few good strong ones which made you think "ah feck" if you were alone and saw their name pop up in local.
Variety... there wasnt a single cookie setup for each class, there was atleast a bit of variation between all the classes...
Stat bonuses implants etc that didnt look so ridiculous as they do now with their 3.4719 bonuses etc...

meh, just NC1 felt smoother then NC2 did, but then again it may well be a rosetinted view considering a decade's passed lol..

Xiphias
22-09-12, 15:48
NC1 would be the preferable choice...

Worthwhile Melee tanks (I still stand by saying that melee didnt need the boost it recieved mid way in NC1, i feel it got a bit silly after that boost if you knew what you were doing on a melee tank...)
Hybrids, Didnt play one till late NC1, but actually liked the fact that there were a few good strong ones which made you think "ah feck" if you were alone and saw their name pop up in local.
Variety... there wasnt a single cookie setup for each class, there was atleast a bit of variation between all the classes...
Stat bonuses implants etc that didnt look so ridiculous as they do now with their 3.4719 bonuses etc...

meh, just NC1 felt smoother then NC2 did, but then again it may well be a rosetinted view considering a decade's passed lol..

agreed in total.