PDA

View Full Version : NEW SERVER: TITAN - Join me!

TGUU
16-09-12, 01:21
So as some of you may/may not know, the new server Titan is coming online soon.

I believe this is a new opportunity, a new chance to start over and get a fresh start. I plan to explore, to fight, and to restart the Neocron experience.

The question is, will you be joining the server? How do you feel about restarting?

nikkon
16-09-12, 01:30
i am all for a new server but i would be sadden if i had to restart all 3 of my accounts from noob

raven crowe
16-09-12, 01:35
Well you will have to. Titan is new. Terra & mars will stay though.

Model192
16-09-12, 01:38
Don't really see a point for the new server, we don't have a population large enough. Where will the server be located?

Mortis
16-09-12, 01:39
in germany, the point is that mars/terra are getting ddos'd
lets hope that the new server is strong enough for thats twats

Jackie crack
16-09-12, 01:39
Fully buzzin take me back to when i started and made a constructing melee tank, /slap silly boy .. funny tho now i look back :)

Model192
16-09-12, 01:40
in germany, the point is that mars/terra are getting ddos'd
lets hope that the new server is strong enough for thats twats

Yeah... they could just DDoS the new server...anyone with a real reason/location?

TGUU
16-09-12, 01:41
i am all for a new server but i would be sadden if i had to restart all 3 of my accounts from noob
New server, new start, new challenges. Come on Nikkon :)

Well you will have to. Titan is new. Terra & mars will stay though.
This^^ -- but why not try something new? I'll back looking forward to grouping with people and working together to achieve a strong foundation.

Don't really see a point for the new server, we don't have a population large enough. Where will the server be located?
I agree Model. Which is why I think they made this new server, to one day merge all three servers into one.

The server will be located in Canada with partial in Europe. (based off the information of where the other servers are)

Mortis
16-09-12, 01:43
Yeah... they could just DDoS the new server...anyone with a real reason/location?
cause the new server got a bigger data connection

ReKKeR
16-09-12, 01:44
I'm looking forward to it, if either account creation is available or the account I made before the ddos is saved I can actually log into it.

Horrible having decided to come back and have the nostalgic feeling then the ddos hit before I could even login for the first time. Been following the twitter feed, titan is up and they're tweaking was the last update.

TGUU
16-09-12, 01:49
I'm looking forward to it, if either account creation is available or the account I made before the ddos is saved I can actually log into it.
Look forward to seeing you in-game!

Horrible having decided to come back and have the nostalgic feeling then the ddos hit before I could even login for the first time. Been following the twitter feed, titan is up and they're tweaking was the last update.

Yeah, I came back Sept 8th. Played the 8th/9th, then the last 5 days have been DDoS'd/down. They should be finished with updating the server soon!!

aikatears
16-09-12, 03:00
Even though I am still new at the game and my first char is still weak...will create a new char for this new server...why not hehe

LiL T
16-09-12, 03:16
Even though I am still new at the game and my first char is still weak...will create a new char for this new server...why not hehe

Well you should, there will be lots of people making new characters meaning plenty of people to lvl up with.

hatmankh
16-09-12, 03:30
I'm really excited for this, the first time everyone will be starting Neocron 2 together. Lots of people transferred their accounts from NC1 to 2.

Powerpunsh
16-09-12, 04:53
To be honest i hope Zoltan is starting the server without all the running bugs. I know in myself hes a good guy but the only way to be sure is testing the most economic destroying bugs by myself. If its fixed, its fine, but its not credits become worthless again. I hope he knows how to find out whos using exploits/bugs to get an advantage and bann them quickly. :)

Go further Zoltan yu are doin a great job!!

edit: sorry im drunk! :p

Drevious
16-09-12, 05:02
Well. I'd start if i could EVER LOG ON. Everytime i try now servers are down or game won't even launch SMH

Like honestly - WTH is even wrong now. Game won't even LAUNCH

Triple post, but when is this server going to be up? When can we even play the game again. I'm actually pumped if this is a brand new server!!

Doc Holliday
16-09-12, 06:11
waiting for an official announcement. still. i dont see me moving off terra though. ddos or no. i would rather play casually than start over. money and imps can be earned/saved/hoarded. its the time spent on the chars that im not keen to lose. the most important shit people have they generally carry on them. move that and i move too.

dont care too much about the rest of the stuff in appartments and stuff. it can be earned/hoarded/traded/stolen again :)

Brooklyn
16-09-12, 06:29
When and if there is a new server I think it would be an awesome idea to "restart". I think THE most fun I ever had in NC was out there busting my arse for tech parts, and MC5 chips. Rolling around in a Rhino for hours killing fire mobs getting tech parts. Besides...what else is there to do when you are not OP fighting?

For me (just my opinion) its a chance to bring that old NC feeling back, and I love it!!!! Now we just need to server up lol.

-B

Bozz-Von Mel
16-09-12, 07:40
waiting for an official announcement. still. i dont see me moving off terra though. ddos or no. i would rather play casually than start over. money and imps can be earned/saved/hoarded. its the time spent on the chars that im not keen to lose. the most important shit people have they generally carry on them. move that and i move too.

dont care too much about the rest of the stuff in appartments and stuff. it can be earned/hoarded/traded/stolen again :)

It's more about the game and the people than the stuff, i say bring on a new server and start fresh.

Dropout
16-09-12, 08:01
Theres no way that Im gonna start playing on the new server.
The exact same thing (the DDoS attack) will probably happen to the new server, and no amount of bandwidth will save a server from a big scale DDoS attack.
I obviously do not now the scale of the attack, but I do "hope" that its very grand in its scale, or else there would have been much better solutions.
Okay, I'll stop being pessimistic now.. :p

But yeah, Im not gonna be starting over on the new server. I have worked too hard on my 12 characters. And besides, I simply do not have the time to start over anymore.

/Walker

Unrestrained
16-09-12, 09:19
I don't get what all the fuss is about, the only people who seem to be bothered about starting again are those with accounts full of woc chars and rares in every cab. This is probably the best thing that could have happened to NC, a fresh start to bring new and old players together. It doesn't even take long to get to cap and i'm assuming it will be much more rewarding than sitting in P1 or zone whoring in P2

L0KI
16-09-12, 09:25
I'm well up for this. I only ever capped PEs anyway, so it's about time I made another class xD

I'd like to propose that LEs go back to how they were in NC1 though. We don't want what essentially will be a PVE server. Not having constant fear that someone might shoot you in the back whilst levelling really kills the feel for me.

Jackie crack
16-09-12, 10:22
I'm so down with the new server, As long as duping can be eliminated hard it will be good to play nc like the old days again. Leveling is so easy even solo but with groups all the better. Its gonna bring a real community feel back to game in its original form which is amazing for new comers and will increase population even more so than the recent 14% max i have seen.

Im starting with a droner/research spy for farming and money to support a HC tank later on which is only pvp class i will play. After i capped the first spy I will make a droner/constructor and when capped i will lom full constructor. This is new for me as i never really got into trade skillers. Untill now tradeskills have died off due to money and rares being worthless, looking forward to gathering items running, epics etc.

Im not worried how long it take me to get pvp'n again and all about pve for first few months, besides no point starting with a pvp char untill i have the mc5's and some good rare weapons constructed anyway. My tank build requireds mc5 balistic and a herc or its pointless making him now untill i have these. Way i see it atm is techs can be traded and yes i can farm these more effectively with a HC tank but ..

Everyone needs mc5's for capped pvp specs, its going to be hard to trade or buy these for a while as all need them, like certain weapon parts like (dissy) will be hard to trade for parts not many people will part with them. Hence my round about way of leveling traders before my chosen pvp class.

Techs / mc5 techs / slotties / ultimas, I just need a CS and 2 mc5 chips and the tank will be leveled after. And i can help support other people leveling with my tradeskills in the meantime also which is nice!

Xiphias
16-09-12, 10:53
what would be nice, is to have the old player models back and return my monk!

... I can wish.

Ascension
16-09-12, 11:16
Yeah the new player models that came with NC2 suck!

Chuck Norris
16-09-12, 11:50
bad move making it in euro >< same mistakes being repeated like like nc2 all over again.... no offense but they are broker then America, make some head way with some exposure and offer it up to the disposable incomes of fat Americans!!

Yeah the new player models that came with NC2 suck!

holy shit they do weve been saying it for years, how about the headache causing over-sized "Compact" florescent HUD!!! gotdamn!

Depending on hosting DDos'ing US server has more, disadvantages on several levels then lets say other countries?

Make it N-American

Xiphias
16-09-12, 12:09
I would dare say it's all to do with the lack of money KK have.... or whatever they're called now. However, I don't think it's going to be about getting some coverage. This game's bread and butter was just being as good as it was and people spreading it via word of mouth.

Only reason it died was because there were a multitude of mistakes that were never rectified correctly along the way. I just hope that this new breath of fresh air doesn't become stale and the game just rots again.

Doc Holliday
16-09-12, 12:15
I would dare say it's all to do with the lack of money KK have.... or whatever they're called now.

im inclined to agree. lets face it guys. what ever happens with the servers it not costing us a bean to play so we should be thankful for that.

bozz. im still not sure i want to try go through the pain of grinding my pe to woc again. i wish the other weapons were viable and low tech was still as fun as it used to be for a private eye. i know i dont want to do two monks. tanks i can take or leave. it aint that hard. my pe was my love affair with this game.

red haired old model pe. green jacket with the dragon on the back. black pants with the flames running up the legs. trademarked. :D all i need to say about the old models.

LiL T
16-09-12, 12:38
holy shit they do weve been saying it for years, how about the headache causing over-sized "Compact" florescent HUD!!! gotdamn!

I think changing the HUD is allowed, have a browse around for the announcement.

Depending on hosting DDos'ing US server has more, disadvantages on several levels then lets say other countries?

Make it N-American

Would not make a difference.

bad move making it in euro >< same mistakes being repeated like like nc2 all over again.... no offense but they are broker then America, make some head way with some exposure and offer it up to the disposable incomes of fat Americans!!

Its a European game, your argument is invalid.

Beckard
16-09-12, 12:41

Make it N-American

This is just a load of Bull...

Xiphias
16-09-12, 12:54
In an ideal world where there was a shit load of players and KK had more money.

It would make more sense to make a server for those across the pond living in the states dedicated for them and another server for the rest of Europe. I don't think the whole timezones thing can ever be fixed.

With the current state of things this is just not viable. So people can piss and moan all they want, but there is no 'best solution' available.

William Antrim
16-09-12, 13:07
Is this official or more rumours?

LiL T
16-09-12, 13:09
Is this official or more rumours?

It is official.

Dribble Joy
16-09-12, 15:16
If Titan is the future server, then it needs to have the security features so that it doesn't end up like terra.

As a couple of people and myself have said, it would be nice to have a limited transfer.
QB, no tools, no keys, no armour, 1k per level. Maybe even limit it to one char per account and a maximum number of weapons in the QB.

Many people do want a fresh wipe but you risk splitting the community between two servers, loosing many of them completely if terra/mars ever get turned off if you don't give a little to those who have invested so much of their time.

Xiphias
16-09-12, 15:37
But I think the whole idea of starting on a fresh server is... to start fresh. (Pretty self explanatory imo).

Personally, I relish the chance to go through the whole experience of having to work towards things again. It's far too easy to get anything these days. You can find the equipment to outfit a character in about an hour which is kinda boring and misses the whole point of Neocron.

If I recall, this is supposed to be an RPG. A game where you're supposed to put the effort in get the rewards. It's more or less the 'CS Kiddies' that are hacking/duping/whatever that are causing majority of the problems we face today.

I think what I'm trying to say is, if you can't be arsed to start again... then don't. Terra is not being replaced, but merely we as players are being given another option.

Dissenter
16-09-12, 15:38
I agree with DJ on this.

Having recently returned after a 6 year break, I've almost capped a tank due to having some extra free time and playing A LOT. However, the thought of re-doing all of this again so soon is extremely unappealing just due to time. I'd be happy just having that 1 character transferred, even with no money and limited items. It's not the losing rares, appts, or other things, it's the loss of time I'm bothered about.

I'm sure this is much more bitter for other players with vast wealth, but really I just don't want to be having a Groundhog Day on a new server.

I like the idea of a fresh start, fresh economy and so on. But you can still get this if only 1 character with limited items and credits is transferred to a new server.

=REMUS=
16-09-12, 15:50
I'm bias because i've already lost all my characters and accounts, however as soon as Titan is up then i'll be there with a PPU that sucks more than any PPU you've every had the misfortune to be teamed with....

Velia
16-09-12, 15:51
I can t agree more with you D-J, it s my point too, just QB, imps, no money and no Armor, just put the woc 3 pa in the belt with you have one :)

ReKKeR
16-09-12, 16:05
There's obviously some that would prefer a fresh start and others that would prefer to keep their chars and limited items. Would it make more sense then to have Titan a fresh server with no transfers and have Terra wiped besides characters, equip and qb? Best of both worlds?

BadAss
16-09-12, 16:06
i plan to start a toon on the new server myself

Velia
16-09-12, 16:09
I don t think it would be a great Idea reKKer, because it will still break the community into the two servers.
( Even if your idea of deleting everything except Characters equip qnd QB is a really good one actually ! )

ReKKeR
16-09-12, 16:21
I'm assuming the reason they've gotten a new server is because the old one doesn't have the network infrastructure to handle requests from a ddos as well as the new one, so I guess the most likely outcome is Titan is fresh new server and the others are still available as-is and a ddos will still leave a server available for play. I'm only assuming that's the most likely outcome since its the easiest option for the team.

Velia
16-09-12, 16:25
they will be able to ddos the new server too, it will just be stronger and more stable, but also ddos-able

ReKKeR
16-09-12, 16:32
Right, I'm not saying any server is ddos proof, I'm just saying the new one might have better network infrastructure to handle it better and unless they ddos both servers we'll still have 1 to play on and won't be completely shut out as we are now.

Genji
16-09-12, 16:33
I really hate to be a buzz kill here but it seems very pointless...Remember the "pvp" server? Everyone is all hyped for the new server! Yea, a fresh start! It will be awesome! ....Sorry to say, but in a month or two you'll all be back on terra just like last time.

edit: That's ofcourse assuming you're able to with the attacks and what-not.

=REMUS=
16-09-12, 16:50
The PvP server was a different concept, I think Titan will do better.

William Antrim
16-09-12, 16:50
Agreed genji. The buzz of levelling a new toon for me got old at around level 49 ish.

Tabasco
16-09-12, 17:03
New server makes sense if only:

1.) Fresh start for ALL
2.) Old servers downed for good
3.) Best possible protection for the new server and make sure it's bulletproof (if)

Possible game success only under these circumstances for the new players + the old ones who "would?" bother leveling again!?!?!

But to be honest, it makes no sense unless ponit 3 is solid, concrete solid, otherwise the same old, same old new, same new old will happen again :(

just my 2cp.

Velia
16-09-12, 17:10
yep, it's not the new server killing the game, it's the fact that we have the choice to play on it with the new people, or stay on terra with the old one, that choice will kill the game, only one server won't (even if a lot of players will leave with their Terra Char)

ReKKeR
16-09-12, 17:11
There is no server that's ddos proof, only mega companies like Google and Amazon who have racks after racks to route traffic to.

But an upgraded server with better infrastructure is going to take a larger attack to crash, which is my assumption of why they're opening a new server.

LiL T
16-09-12, 17:29
I'm not bothered what they do either way, but I would prefer it to be a fresh server with nothing on it, just new characters.

I however can no longer play on Terra as it is way too laggy...

William Antrim
16-09-12, 17:40
Where is the announcement?

Tabasco
16-09-12, 17:45
@ LiL T > to be honest, I also dont care, either way, not really happy I have to level up x amount of toons all over again, but if thats the way to be, so be it.

All I care about is a stable game environment - I moved from the Europe ( 20-40 average ping ) to Asia where I get 200+ on average which is still very playable, and since I love the game it does not bother me that much, but what does bother me is the constant lag spikes of 2k+ ping .... saying that, I do hope they come up with a solution, in time though :)

us who love the game and want to continue playing, just have to be patient and in time we will get a better service :)

Xiphias
16-09-12, 17:56
All I ask is that the servers are stable, 200+ people to play with no cheaters.

Possibly a rework of the balancing issues.
my old character image.

I'd play for the next ten years.

Dissenter
16-09-12, 18:16
Some very interesting points being raised, and to be honest if I'd just come back right now I'd be more than happy to start fresh.

But, new start or not, the small existing community will be split. The new server could still get DDoS'ed. I can see many recently returned, or even long term players calling it a day if it's a choice between stay on an older server with your characters (if you can connect) or start fresh on a low population server.

Reiterating what DJ said, I do think giving people atleast the choice to transfer 1 character with limited inventory, QB, and perhaps a small credit limit to the new server might help the populations. No cabs full of weapons and rares transferred, no vast sums of credits across 4-12 characters. Only 1 to transfer with just inventory, QB, and a set number of cash. Perhaps even a reduction of some xp or levels. I'd still rather have that than have to re-level all over again when I literally just started a character 2 weeks ago.

Dissenter
16-09-12, 18:17
Sorry for double post, but on a lighter note, I agree the old character models were way better :P NC1 ftw!

William Antrim
16-09-12, 18:30
This whole thread just seems a bit dodgy to me. I cant find anything official about this.

Riddle
16-09-12, 18:31
It's pulled from twitter feed if zoltan as far as I can gather

https://mobile.twitter.com/GM_Zoltan

William Antrim
16-09-12, 18:32
Well till I see something official on here I call bullshit.

Dissenter
16-09-12, 18:33
Ben 'Zoltan' Wagner ‏@GM_Zoltan
BTW. The new server is _NO_ compensation for Terra or Mars. Its a fresh server with a fresh start... Terra & Mars will be still available.
2:41 PM - 15 Sep 12

Dribble Joy
16-09-12, 18:34
The inventory can still be stuffed full of gear, or deliberately high value items to use on the new server. Armour is easily obtained (aside from WoC 3, but I think we know where much of that came from and the way the volunteer team is going, we might get the chance to get more in the future), as are imps. I was mostly thinking of the few special items many people have, their first rare, first 5 slotter, first built weapon, unique item or whatever that they would miss for whatever reason. I'd only really want to bring over two or three things, the rest can go.

William Antrim
16-09-12, 18:42
I dont care about spells/items/money I just want to keep my toons. I dont want to grind to woc again. I'd rather play battlefield and wow.

Dissenter
16-09-12, 18:43
To be fair, as it is right now, I'd just be happy with my imps, 1 weapon, and 100k. It's the levelling I literally just finished that I don't want to have to do all over again right away.

=REMUS=
16-09-12, 19:00
I'd rather play battlefield and wow.

Get out.

Setlec
16-09-12, 19:00
i'm still waiting for an official announcement, GM zoltan talks about a titan server but other than that it's just talk.

Trivaldi
16-09-12, 19:01
An official statement will be made in due course. Following Zoltan's posts on Twitter is a good way to stay up to speed on the information we can give. The reason all the gameservers are down at the moment is so we can do some heavy lifting behind the scenes. We hope to be back to normal soon. We just can't give any ETAs as these things take time.

=REMUS=
16-09-12, 19:03
i'm still waiting for an official announcement, GM zoltan talks about a titan server but other than that it's just talk.

He's the server guy, they'd hardly let him publicly release information that was untrue mate.

Kanedax
16-09-12, 19:03
Another solution would be to increase the leveling rate. Double it maybe.

=REMUS=
16-09-12, 19:08
Another solution would be to increase the leveling rate. Double it maybe.

Yeah that's what WoW does doesn't it?

Maybe double the xp up to rank 40 or something via modifying the LE chip if that's even possible?

William Antrim
16-09-12, 19:14
In wow you have double xp for "rested" players. You also have Guild bonuses now (25 levels to go through as a guild) and some of these give a 10% bonus to xp also. Lastly you have heirlooms that you can buy with in game points that you earn from playing. These again can confer a further 20% bonus xp.

Once you have ground out your first toon to whatever the level cap is the 2nd and subsequent is done in much less than half the time basically. It works effectively and allows people to run multiple chars at once.

However with a new patch being worked on I truthfully cant see any changes being made to the new server. It will most likely be a carbon copy of Terra with nobody on it when it goes live.

There could be a wishlist as long as my arm for this new server but I doubt it will happen.

My biggest question is why not just wipe Terra (items etc) and then move that.

Riddle
16-09-12, 19:39
Heirlooms also happened to be great for BG's and pure OP pwnage against non loomed players. One shot clothies, so even that idea was flawed of xp boost although I like the idea in principle. Good to see even the big names in gaming can still fuck things up lol

Brooklyn
16-09-12, 19:41
I'm sure an official announcement will be made once the server is actually playable. I also think the whole idea of a new server and it being a "fresh" start is no gear, no chars, no money which I think appeals to a lot of people.

-B

LiL T
16-09-12, 19:54
Fuck it, I think they should just allow people to transfer characters with QB because obviously there is just going to be a massive divide...

If it really is a better more stable server then, it makes sense for all players to play on it and that would cause a low server pop on the other 2 servers, and some players honestly can't be forced to give up their 5 year+ characters.

William Antrim
16-09-12, 19:55
Heirlooms also happened to be great for BG's and pure OP pwnage against non loomed players. One shot clothies, so even that idea was flawed of xp boost although I like the idea in principle. Good to see even the big names in gaming can still fuck things up lol

Balancing was never ever even remotely fair at midlevel in wow though.The only thing you can compare heirlooms in wow with is Woc in NC. They were there for people who had the time and inclination to grind for them. However therein they differ. In wow you could still beat these people with all of their heirlooms quite happily and when they died EVERYONE got points for it. So it didnt really matter if you got rinsed by these players. You could just crack on regardless as you were still getting XP for fighting.

Regardless the OP pvp was not part of the suggestion to "borrow" from wow. I think the idea of making the grind that much faster was what people wanted.

tbh I would actually pay money to move my toons to a new server. If that was an option it is one I would SERIOUSLY look at.

Dribble Joy
16-09-12, 20:01
tbh I would actually pay money to move my toons to a new server. If that was an option it is one I would SERIOUSLY look at.
If that was the only way of transferring, I would do it.

Velia
16-09-12, 20:05
If that was the only way of transferring, I would do it.

me too !

Libra
16-09-12, 20:09
Why are people still whining about their precious toons? They're not going anywhere, Terra's not going anywhere. Let us who want a fresh server go to Titan, and let the cry babies stay on Terra.

Riddle
16-09-12, 20:10
If that's an untapped revenue stream that you want to offer up then nice :) someone's gotta pay for the servers!

Velia
16-09-12, 20:12
Why are people still whining about their precious toons? They're not going anywhere, Terra's not going anywhere. Let us who want a fresh server go to Titan, and let the cry babies stay on Terra.

We whine because of the maybe upcoming split !

And we whine even more because we have the choice !

Garfield
16-09-12, 20:20

this! even if it would be without any items at all. but then please close the other servers......

how many char slots u get on that new server? a one slot server is something i miss since pluto

xanu
16-09-12, 20:28
I hope alot of the baddies go to Titan server.

William Antrim
16-09-12, 20:29

Freedom of speech much? hell of a way to introduce yourself anyway.

The impending problem is the fact that an already fragile community would essentially split into two. I dont meant to be a doomsayer here but with no tradeskillers to speak of (early on at least) the game would be a difficult start for those who do want to start fresh. However within a few months it would either establish itself (power gamers ahoy!) or die a horrible death in the same way Neptune did.

People would most probably miss their chars on terra and go back. If I personally had toons on both I would essentially look to see the population and if one was significantly higher then I would go there. I wonder how long people would stay on Titan plugging away with their toons and desperately waiting for a 100 level cster to log on (doubtless there wouldnt be too many at that time) and the constantly asking the other 90 or so (half the current peak) people if they had a high end tradeskiller etc before they got pissed off and logged back onto terra and forgot about the whole affair.

Basica human psychology ought to dictate that we as players go where the biggest and best fights are. I honestly think that that would be Terra and Titan would essentially be somewhere to level your alt when the main server was down.

This was what happened back in NC1 when Saturn had all of its problems. Saturn players invaded other servers and played there for a while until they got bored and went back to Saturn where their mains were and all of their rares etc. Dont forget that the servers these guys went onto were already fully fledged with maxed out tradeskillers and still these guys went home.

I could see Titan surviving for a few months but essentially I think Terra (when the DDos kids get bored) will stay as the main server for NC. It has too much history now to go elsewhere. It has been up almost as long as the NC1 servers combined!!!

LiL T
16-09-12, 20:32
People would most probably miss their chars on terra and go back.

Probably not considering the massive lag spikes experienced on Terra even way before the DDOS attack.

LiL T
16-09-12, 20:33
Ben 'Zoltan' Wagner ‏@GM_Zoltan New record: PING 22 stable on Titan @GM_ArkHive

Dissenter
16-09-12, 20:38

It's not so much the 'precious toons' - it's the fact the already small community will be split. I feel they should allow atleast a transfer to the new server so it's population is more likely to be decent - and if people are willing to pay to do so, why not allow it within reason?

Libra
16-09-12, 20:38
I agree that splitting the population might suck, BUT a fresh server gives an oppurtunity to clean up all the bullshit (i.e. the uselessness of money these days, remnants of dupers and exploiters, etc.)
Also, doesn't constant endgame PVP get boring? I'd personally think you'd want to start fresh just to re-live the actual game.
And btw, I didn't introduce myself to please you.

ReKKeR
16-09-12, 20:42
How about this as a compromise, however remotely possible:

Titan starts fresh, no transfers and the other servers remain as they were. After players begin reaching cap on Titan, allow character only transfers from other servers to Titan.

It would allow players who want a fresh start to enjoy that completely, allow those who don't have the time or will to re-level to skip it, economy on Titan would still be fresh and those that want their old gear / items still have them available on other servers.

William Antrim
16-09-12, 20:44
Personally I wish you hadnt, however as a first post the lack of manners is noticeable at the very least and probably borderline rude.

As for end game pvp getting boring.... No. The PVP is the reason NC still exists. I think all of the RP'ers left years ago and anyone left in this game who only plays for the PVE needs their head examining as there are far better games for that than this. The op fighting and smack talk are the two things that keep us all coming back year after year.

Velia
16-09-12, 20:45
How about this as a compromise, however remotely possible:

Titan starts fresh, no transfers and the other servers remain as they were. After players begin reaching cap on Titan, allow character only transfers from other servers to Titan.

It would allow players who want a fresh start to enjoy that completely, allow those who don't have the time or will to re-level to skip it, economy on Titan would still be fresh and those that want their old gear / items still have them available on other servers.

saw that idea on irc, was maybe you ;), and it s a very very great idea !

Dissenter
16-09-12, 20:46
To clarify, I created my first character since NC1 only 2 weeks ago, so the thought of doing all that again is rather boring if anything. I agree the economy could do with a reset - but you could still do this to some extent even if some characters were transferred. There'd be no hoards of rares, and they can limit how many credits/items are pulled across.

Endgame pvp could get boring, but leveling all over again when you've recently done it already is more boring to me personally.

Surely they could find a compromise, I like the idea of clearing out the gutters and a new economy, but this would suck with less population as has been touched on above.

Spoon
16-09-12, 20:47
I wonder how long people would stay on Titan plugging away with their toons and desperately waiting for a 100 level cster to log on (doubtless there wouldnt be too many at that time) and the constantly asking the other 90 or so (half the current peak) people if they had a high end tradeskiller etc before they got pissed off and logged back onto terra and forgot about the whole affair.

I think within a few days there would be decent level tradeskillers on Titan, it doesn't take to long to level up a spy to 70 -80 DEX/INT using store bought drones.
And there would be plenty of them willing to work and be available for the extra cash, because nc/cash would actually be worth something on Titan...

It's also possible that for every long time player that doesn't play on Titan and stays on Terra, or that outright quits, there would be a newcomer or two that would be more willing to stay on a fresh server, where they are not years behind in terms of levels/cash/epics/gear...

Libra
16-09-12, 20:55
Personally I wish you hadnt, however as a first post the lack of manners is noticeable at the very least and probably borderline rude.

As for end game pvp getting boring.... No. The PVP is the reason NC still exists. I think all of the RP'ers left years ago and anyone left in this game who only plays for the PVE needs their head examining as there are far better games for that than this. The op fighting and smack talk are the two things that keep us all coming back year after year.

I was trying to be polite as I could, but that doesn't really work on the internet. I've been reading your posts for days and i just had to say something. I personally think the opposite on the PVE vs PVP; there are much better PVP games out there, and good PVE is hard to find.

=REMUS=
16-09-12, 20:56
Character only transfers aren't such a bad idea really and it gets rid of all the shitty duped weapons and money.

I would only be in favour of a something like 100k cash and your character, no imps/amour/QB. It's fair to say I would'nt want to cap a monks INT... but a spy, tank and especially PE can be capped relatively these days.

=REMUS=
16-09-12, 20:58
To clarify, I created my first character since NC1 only 2 weeks ago, so the thought of doing all that again is rather boring if anything. I agree the economy could do with a reset - but you could still do this to some extent even if some characters were transferred. There'd be no hoards of rares, and they can limit how many credits/items are pulled across.

Endgame pvp could get boring, but leveling all over again when you've recently done it already is more boring to me personally.

Surely they could find a compromise, I like the idea of clearing out the gutters and a new economy, but this would suck with less population as has been touched on above.

It's funny, i'm in exactly the same position as you and I feel the same way... I guess i'm a little more willing to level again though.

LiL T
16-09-12, 20:59
I think within a few days there would be decent level tradeskillers on Titan, it doesn't take to long to level up a spy to 70 -80 DEX/INT using store bought drones.
And there would be plenty of them willing to work and be available for the extra cash, because nc/cash would actually be worth something on Titan...

It's also possible that for every long time player that doesn't play on Titan and stays on Terra, or that outright quits, there would be a newcomer or two that would be more willing to stay on a fresh server, where they are not years behind in terms of levels/cash/epics/gear...

Exactly!

Dissenter
16-09-12, 21:03
The earlier suggestion of allowing character transfers after people on Titan are capped is rather appealing, maybe they could do this after a certain time-scale. Say 1 or 2 months? I'd be happy to pay for that too. In fact, I'd then be tempted to start a new character on Titan in a class I've never played - then knowing I could later transfer my recently capped Tank would be a bonus and make me want to stay on the new server.

LiL T
16-09-12, 21:06
The earlier suggestion of allowing character transfers after people on Titan are capped is rather appealing, maybe they could do this after a certain time-scale. Say 1 or 2 months? I'd be happy to pay for that too. In fact, I'd then be tempted to start a new character on Titan in a class I've never played - then knowing I could later transfer my recently capped Tank would be a bonus and make me want to stay on the new server.

Yes I suggested that and I wouldn't mind that option since its probably going to happen anyway.

xanu
16-09-12, 21:09
just becuz its a fresh dont mean the dupers and cheaters cant come there and do the same. need a new patch and anti cheats with smarter GM's more then a new server.

dodgefahrer
16-09-12, 21:12
To be honest i think what you guys should keep in mind that a lot of players from Mars and Mercury already re-rolled to Terra and started from the scratch not long time ago.
Not to mention Mercury is already gone and people lost their beloved characters (i think^^).
So what i think is that even a fresh start from the beginning at 0 isnt a bad idea (even some of you think leveling is boring...the thrill of getting killed everytime (almost) everywhere makes it worth going and level a new character again =). I mean i left 3 fullcapped woc characters on mars with tons of appas etc etc to start at terra a new character only for the reason to have some ppl around. Not to mention i like leveling/hunting rares/etc and i'm sure other players enjoy PvE as well.
But ofc everyone has a different opinion (esp NC-players xD) so i wouldnt mind anything at all if i can get a server where my ping dont go up to 2000 every 4 minutes and i can play without getting blacksync everytime my drugs just ran out and i used new ones.

BadAss
16-09-12, 21:25
As for end game pvp getting boring.... No. The PVP is the reason NC still exists. I think all of the RP'ers left years ago and anyone left in this game who only plays for the PVE needs their head examining as there are far better games for that than this. The op fighting and smack talk are the two things that keep us all coming back year after year.[/QUOTE]

BINGO

Ghostface_Speak
16-09-12, 21:34
i liek lvling and starting over on a fresh server,iksdee iksdee caret caret

Chuck Norris
16-09-12, 21:47
I think changing the HUD is allowed, have a browse around for the announcement.

Would not make a difference.

Its a European game, your argument is invalid.

I never said you couldnt change the HUD, just the default is horrendous.... however you cant swap out to old models..

It would make a difference people actually get prosecuted at much higher rates maybe theyll think twice about DDoSing it.

How is it an invalid argument, I want it to be successful not just full of a bunch of broke euro trolls abandoning their own server to troll the English server.

This is just a load of Bull...

No its not at all

William Antrim
17-09-12, 00:20
I was trying to be polite as I could, but that doesn't really work on the internet. I've been reading your posts for days and i just had to say something. I personally think the opposite on the PVE vs PVP; there are much better PVP games out there, and good PVE is hard to find.

If you have a problem with my posts then feel free to discuss it with me privately. This petty sniping doesnt get anyone anywhere. I can handle a difference of opinion but there is no need to be an arse.

Setlec
17-09-12, 00:46
[...]I personally think the opposite on the PVE vs PVP; there are much better PVP games out there, and good PVE is hard to find.
better PvP system on MMOFPS other than NC, get out of town. please list a few. Oh i hope that those game aren't stuff like please wait for cooldown until next shot or use the special attack doing 500~750 damage + cooldown of 1200 sec stuff that are quite popular on WOW-ish mmos. please don't say planetside 2.

Cheddar
17-09-12, 01:18
Terra is back up and loaded eerily fast. Cannot wait to hear more about what Titan will offer...

hatmankh
17-09-12, 01:28
Getting 60-65 ping on Titan, :D playing from England.

ReKKeR
17-09-12, 01:41
Still can't play... apparently the account I created before ddos brought down the servers wasn't saved and account creation isn't up. Disappointed.

Kanedax
17-09-12, 02:30
Heh, Titan is offline.

Trivaldi
17-09-12, 02:31
We've provided an official announcement (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?145747-Service-Update-17th-Sept-2012).

ReKKer, please e-mail account@neocron.info to see if they can recover your account. Account creation will return as soon as we're happy the server environment is in good shape.

Setlec
17-09-12, 02:49
thanks

Drevious
17-09-12, 05:19
Can't wait for Titan. I honestly hope they DON'T allow char transfers. a complete fresh start could be what NC needs to spark some fun bacc into things. We should get a poll to determine whether there will be transfers tho TBH. Let the people decide.

ancient
17-09-12, 07:38
Theres no way that Im gonna start playing on the new server.
The exact same thing (the DDoS attack) will probably happen to the new server, and no amount of bandwidth will save a server from a big scale DDoS attack.
I obviously do not now the scale of the attack, but I do "hope" that its very grand in its scale, or else there would have been much better solutions.
Okay, I'll stop being pessimistic now.. :p

But yeah, Im not gonna be starting over on the new server. I have worked too hard on my 12 characters. And besides, I simply do not have the time to start over anymore.

/Walker

Don't be a wuss!

danmalone
17-09-12, 10:55
I'd be tempted to come back and start playing on the new server to be honest.

A character transfer would be nice but I'd leave it a few months before that were to get implemented. Even then, I would only allow one character per account to be transfered and there should be a restriction with what can be transferred with them (much like what some others have suggested in this thread)

Drevious
19-09-12, 04:36
can anyone confirm that titan will be wiped soon?

hatmankh
19-09-12, 05:59
There's npcs giving out 20million credits, woc discs, Faction Master status and GMs making people's characters capped, yet you still have to ask if there will be a wipe...

TGUU
19-09-12, 06:11
can anyone confirm that titan will be wiped soon?

It has been confirmed many times.

There's npcs giving out 20million credits, woc discs, Faction Master status and GMs making people's characters capped, yet you still have to ask if there will be a wipe...

Seemed legit until ZOLTAN started killing players. :(

Kidding, of course :)

L0KI
19-09-12, 06:16
I'm getting extremely good performance/ping on Titan.

Now get it wiped and remove all those added objects already :)

Sywyn
19-09-12, 18:43
Getting 120/150 from Canada :)

Ivan Eres
19-09-12, 18:49
Getting 120/150 from Canada :)

Most important for me: No lags.

You should all come to Titan to help with the testing.

The GMs cap the people there and we have NPCs for all the stuff you need. R0ck And R0ll!

Ascension
19-09-12, 18:56
login server down?

nEo-1664
19-09-12, 18:59
login server down?

down for quick bugfix, eta 10/15mins and should be back up :)

E: All the latest info is in IRC :)

Ivan Eres
19-09-12, 19:00
login server down?

They said on IRC they're fixing issues. Will be back in 10 minutes.

Of course they meant ten IT minutes...

:-)

Dissenter
19-09-12, 19:42
Any idea when the wipe will be? Keen to play for real.

Also, what actually needs testing? So far I've just seen people in P1 standing around.

Drevious
19-09-12, 19:44
Any idea when the wipe will be? Keen to play for real.

Also, what actually needs testing? So far I've just seen people in P1 standing around.

quoted for truth. need an answer. im not playing for nothing.....

L0KI
19-09-12, 19:58
quoted for truth. need an answer. im not playing for nothing.....

This. ^^ xD

Dribble Joy
19-09-12, 20:06
Stress testing, zoning bugs, anything to do with the way the server handles the data moving around on it and to and from the the internet.

Mokoi
19-09-12, 20:13
Stress testing, zoning bugs, anything to do with the way the server handles the data moving around on it and to and from the the internet.

This. ^^

BlueRobot
19-09-12, 20:23
Why not let the server stay as it is, so ppl can pvp there and whatever, and wait with the reset until a patch is read that fixes some major stuff like PVE balance, drone bugs, regant bugs etc. ?

William Antrim
19-09-12, 20:29
Why not let the server stay as it is, so ppl can pvp there and whatever, and wait with the reset until a patch is read that fixes some major stuff like PVE balance, drone bugs, regant bugs etc. ?

This

Ascension
19-09-12, 20:39

This. ^^

Namely because I play APU and have been informed by pretty much everyone how sh*t they are now.

nEo-1664
19-09-12, 20:39

Would you rather a buggy server that has poor connectivity while you wait for that soon(tm) to come patch, of which PVE Balancing is going to take a long time...

Or...

Get a stable working server platform to then develop on to bring in new patches, content, fixes etc ?

ancient
19-09-12, 20:57
[spam]

L0KI
19-09-12, 21:21
[spam]

Mokoi
19-09-12, 21:24
cut down on the spam please, thanks.

Trivaldi
20-09-12, 12:40
While you guys are enjoying a fresh start on Titan, can we please ask that you are vigilant in regards to bugs at low level and report them (http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?233-Bug-Reports) in detail. It's important we identify any issues while at low level as well as high level to ensure any new comers enjoy the game as much as you guys. :)

L0KI
20-09-12, 13:56
Any chance the launch of this server could be announced on the announcements forum? I only found out it had launched by chance (aka, launching the game)

Mokoi
20-09-12, 13:59
Any chance the launch of this server could be announced on the announcements forum? I only found out it had launched by chance (aka, launching the game)

earth shaking news are usually found here: http://forum.neocron.com/blog.php?1198362-Important-News