PDA

View Full Version : Woc pe

William Antrim
14-09-12, 10:56
Please make PE Woc level 100 million XP over the PE dex cap, not 260 million like it is currently (Spy dex over cap).

I think its 140 mill over cap for a pe - or it would be if it was the same.

ancient
17-09-12, 07:43
Please make PE Woc level 100 million XP over the PE dex cap, not 260 million like it is currently (Spy dex over cap).

I think its 140 mill over cap for a pe - or it would be if it was the same.Is it not quicker to cap a PE though?

Dribble Joy
17-09-12, 10:22
PEs do cap faster, but their dex cap is at around 26m xp rather than 156m.

PEs gains xp slower, so to reach WoC takes longer than the other classes.

ancient
17-09-12, 17:51
PEs do cap faster, but their dex cap is at around 26m xp rather than 156m.

PEs gains xp slower, so to reach WoC takes longer than the other classes.

Guess that's the price you pay for having a more "all-round" character. Jack of all trades but master of none, they will never do things as good as a class that specializes in something, so I don't see why they should get a boost in xp/lower level woc. Half the reason they level slower must be to do with the lesser DMG they deal compared to say a spy leveling the same way. This makes total sense in a RP situation imo.

Ghostface_Speak
17-09-12, 19:37
Guess that's the price you pay for having a more "all-round" character. Jack of all trades but master of none, they will never do things as good as a class that specializes in something, so I don't see why they should get a boost in xp/lower level woc
Maybe the Reason is: they lost their "all-round/jack of all trades" factor with NC2.2 ? Try Melee/HC PE and see for yourself

William Antrim
17-09-12, 19:43
Guess that's the price you pay for having a more "all-round" character. Jack of all trades but master of none, they will never do things as good as a class that specializes in something, so I don't see why they should get a boost in xp/lower level woc. Half the reason they level slower must be to do with the lesser DMG they deal compared to say a spy leveling the same way. This makes total sense in a RP situation imo.

Ancient you're a top guy but I think you need to experience just how bad a PE is to level compared to a Spy. It takes over twice as long to level a PE to Woc. I thought the capped PE dex was closer to 40 million but whatever happens this is still 220 million overcap for Woc. Added to that is the slower XP gain as DJ rightly said and you're talking about a class that takes 3x longer to level and still does less damage. They are in no way "all round" chars. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Where is the fairness?

At the very least their attained level should be the same as everyone else's to compensate for the way their XP is shared out. The PE is getting shafted on 2 counts with his xp gain currently. With Woc the way it is and the practical necessity for PVP PE has become the forgotten class.

How many new players actually use a PE? They should be the noob's class of choice - quick levelling means that the noobs (new players not a flame) can get into the game, get hooked early and easily and learn the game. The pe is pretty solid however you roll him. He or she should be the hook that gets the players in early and then they progress onto a more advanced class like the Spy or the Monk or the Tank.

I would like to see PE's touted as a "starter" class even if that was possible.

If the PE's woc requirement could be lowered to 140 mill or whatever then it would take longer to level him to Woc than the Spy due to his xp gain being spread more evenly but it would still be much faster than it currently is!

This IMO is a great solution and will even out the time taken to get to Woc (ie slower than the other chars) compared with the time taken to reach cap (ie faster than the other chars) so that one would hope that in the end the time taken from 0/2 to Woc would hopefully end up somewhere around the same time!

Where the hell is Nose when you need him, he would have formula for this by now!!! :D

ancient
17-09-12, 21:04
Maybe the Reason is: they lost their "all-round/jack of all trades" factor with NC2.2 ? Try Melee/HC PE and see for yourself
Yeah you're not wrong, this should be fixed. Hopefully the new server will go back to 2.1 kinda balancing (with a few tweaks at least).

ancient
17-09-12, 21:06
Ancient you're a top guy but I think you need to experience just how bad a PE is to level compared to a Spy. It takes over twice as long to level a PE to Woc. I thought the capped PE dex was closer to 40 million but whatever happens this is still 220 million overcap for Woc. Added to that is the slower XP gain as DJ rightly said and you're talking about a class that takes 3x longer to level and still does less damage. They are in no way "all round" chars. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Where is the fairness?

At the very least their attained level should be the same as everyone else's to compensate for the way their XP is shared out. The PE is getting shafted on 2 counts with his xp gain currently. With Woc the way it is and the practical necessity for PVP PE has become the forgotten class.

How many new players actually use a PE? They should be the noob's class of choice - quick levelling means that the noobs (new players not a flame) can get into the game, get hooked early and easily and learn the game. The pe is pretty solid however you roll him. He or she should be the hook that gets the players in early and then they progress onto a more advanced class like the Spy or the Monk or the Tank.

I would like to see PE's touted as a "starter" class even if that was possible.

If the PE's woc requirement could be lowered to 140 mill or whatever then it would take longer to level him to Woc than the Spy due to his xp gain being spread more evenly but it would still be much faster than it currently is!

This IMO is a great solution and will even out the time taken to get to Woc (ie slower than the other chars) compared with the time taken to reach cap (ie faster than the other chars) so that one would hope that in the end the time taken from 0/2 to Woc would hopefully end up somewhere around the same time!

Where the hell is Nose when you need him, he would have formula for this by now!!! :D

I've wocced a PE and it was a total pain, I agree. Mby if guns like slasher did decent dmg again and they could use melee/HC again it'd be a bit more fair. This way woc wouldn't be a necessity, more a bonus like you mention in another post.

3 times as long to get to woc is a bit extreme though I do agree, I think it's more how the PE got gimped that makes it unfair however as when I first wocced my PE it was a dangerous class to have wocced. Now like what was mentioned above they aren't what the class is supposed to be - universal. So they've lost all purpose in the game.

I've not seen many at op fights since the last balance. It's all tanks, spies and ppu's. I think if the class was more valuable then it would go someway to justifying the longer leveling time (for woc) as they should be the best solo class out there (if we are going by the story line).

William Antrim
17-09-12, 21:27
I would be happy if they just lowered the cap for the PE to 100 mill over cap. I don't think that this is too much to ask?

Dribble Joy
19-09-12, 09:37
PEs have never been JoaTs. They have access to all areas, but they still have to go down one of them. A JoaT can do all at the same time.

My god that's a line I haven't said in years.

ancient
19-09-12, 11:11
PEs have never been JoaTs. They have access to all areas, but they still have to go down one of them. A JoaT can do all at the same time.

My god that's a line I haven't said in years.
This is true, I was more talking about the ability to chose any line of skill (although they will have psi on top so they are a jack of more then one trade at least :P)