PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Low TL Drones Broken

Absurdum0422
14-09-12, 00:25
Last I checked, and that was some years ago, it was well known that starting drones will not hit targeted mobs. This makes leveling a droner from scratch impossible. One must lom after leveling another spec or, worse, do seemingly endless missions. For anyone who isn't a neocron vet and wouldn't know how to drone past this, it destroys the profession. Is there any work/acknowledgement to this issue?

Thanks,
Abs

Biglines
14-09-12, 00:28
it's not so much that the drones are broken, it's that the default rigger setup doesn't spec enough High tech combat. With a properly specced setup, the starting drones will work fine.

Absurdum0422
14-09-12, 00:48
?!
I've known this bug for years but have never heard this. Do you know how much is needed for a starter drone (ie, ~5-10 point do?)

Also, if this is the case then can a HTC requirement be added to the description of drones so players (like myself) would know this?

nivea
14-09-12, 06:43
Take another droner and leech to lvl 30 dex......combat rank is important...both 0 ! thean take some low lvl dex imps and use the ak 50 for area dmg! that is the normal solotion of this problem.
Or you can skill repair....to repair low lvl vehicles and if you skill up to 50 repait your can can rep rhinos to capp str

Absurdum0422
14-09-12, 08:38
I'm not interested in xp leeching or and powerleveling with vech repair. I'm interested in drones working correctly especially for noobs that don't know these things.

William Antrim
14-09-12, 10:34
Then you will have to continue to be patient. There has not been a patch since that problem arose. In the meantime these people have politely offered a work around solution. In game when people ask this question they too get told the same thing or have several solutions offered to work around this issue. Unfortunately the Devs currently have a plate full of other issues to deal with. I think that when the patch comes out it will address these issues and others hopefully but for now please be patient and wait and see. If you see any other droners (who are new) then please feel free to pass on the information.

Absurdum0422
14-09-12, 22:58
Then you will have to continue to be patient. There has not been a patch since that problem arose.

No this is not true, this has been a problem since neocron 2 release. Also, I'm not demanding they fix this today. I understand there are bigger problems in a game full of capped chars than low level drones. I, purely, mentioned this because it was not listed anywhere as a bug and wanted to make sure it was noticed.

As Biglines stated, It's not that they are truly broken. I played around a little last night on the test server and it turns out if you have high WLP and RCL then the low level gatlin drones will target. But with anything lower than 40 it's near impossible and atleast 50 for it to hit a target within ~5 meters 50+% of the time. So either changing the actually needs of the drone to better fit the low requirements listed or relist whats in the description to the ~50. I did not notice any difference by putting points into HTC.

Cheddar
17-09-12, 03:03
Title says it all. Sucked logging in and finding out I had to stab stuff with a shank in order to kill.

Grogor
17-09-12, 04:03
Already noted and discussed here:

Low-TL-Drones-Broken (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?145725-Low-TL-Drones-Broken)

Shortly: They do work, but you need higher skill to use them (which you don't have as starting character) .