PDA

View Full Version : Fresh from IRC!

Mortis
13-09-12, 17:13
The German Thread here: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?145721-Frisch-aus-dem-IRC!

Translation:

First: He ordered a bigger Data Connection

Second: Mars and Terra stay like they are, but there is a possibility for an EU Server, beginning from Zero for everyone.

Third: The ping will be like the Test KK Server.

Fourth: Zoltan says, Terra stays like he is, if its get ddos'd again, it's sad but it cant be helped.

Fifth: 2 or 4 Slot Server

So what would you possible level?
Please vote in the German Thread!

Edit: Sorry for my bad English ;-)

Riddle
13-09-12, 18:22
Thanks for this!!

My language ability is limited, looks like we are missing out on a busy discussion over on the German forum!! Anyone care to bridge tha gap for me to summarise discussion over there?

Dropout
13-09-12, 18:29
Thanks for this!!

My language ability is limited, looks like we are missing out on a busy discussion over on the German forum!! Anyone care to bridge tha gap for me to summarise discussion over there?

I promise you.. After I have learned Spanish and French, I will take on German.. :p

William Antrim
13-09-12, 18:29
A brand new EU server? starting from scratch? Hm I am not sure I want to go through the pain of levelling to WOC all over again tbh. However 2 slot server sounds good. I would think that that is pretty sweet. However now I am firmly entrenched in it I dont think I would ever want to leave Terra. Despite its server issues. It is home.

Dropout
13-09-12, 18:47
A brand new EU server? starting from scratch? Hm I am not sure I want to go through the pain of levelling to WOC all over again tbh. However 2 slot server sounds good. I would think that that is pretty sweet. However now I am firmly entrenched in it I dont think I would ever want to leave Terra. Despite its server issues. It is home.

Yeah, same here.. I really do not want to leave Terra..
And if I at some point get the choice between quitting and leveling new characters/getting new equipment - I doubt that Im gonna be making new characters.. I just dont have the time anymore to start from scratch :(

Haxxor
13-09-12, 18:48
EU server would be good but you have lots of different languages in Europe

ReKKeR
13-09-12, 18:52
Fresh server is certainly attractive to returning players, but from everything I read Terra was maintaining a decent population, would hate to have a fresh server to hurt that and have 2 servers with poor population opposed to 1 with a decent sized population.

I just hope they bring back account creation soon. I made my account yesterday before the DDOS attacks and couldn't login, said account not found. I could login to account management, and change my password, then servers went down. When they came back up I still couldn't login with either password, account not found still. So I'm stuck after having gotten excited about returning after such a long time away.

Mortis
13-09-12, 18:55
EU server would be good but you have lots of different languages in Europe
yea but we could stay with EN/DE, otherwise maybe the devs could rename some unused channels in to trade-en and trade-de or so

William Antrim
13-09-12, 19:02
They would have to make the EU server official language as English, just like they did before with the international servers. Failing that it would have to have German as it's official language although less people would speak it. I think in that instance it would turn into a German server all over again. Like Jupiter used to be in NC1.

However as Rekker rightly pointed out, if that decision to open another server killed the population of Terra then it wouldnt be a worthwhile investment in time or money.

These arguments cropped up many years ago when they made a "hardcore" server called Neptune. The community of that time basically cried out for the REALLY old loot rules. IE you dropped what was in your hand and there were no safe zones. In the end I think they opted for increased levelling speed, no safezones and a belt drop that contained one random item just like it is now. However after a couple of weeks the server basically died as all of these so-called "hardcore" peeps just basically stopped playing on it.

People then were worried about server populations going down. Luckily for the other servers that existed at the time it didnt dent them pop wise but I think that with NC in its current state less servers would be better not more!

We want to have as many of the players in one place as possible. NC has just had a huge surge in player numbers of late. On the weekend before these problems I saw 13% population. 130 people is great but it is also a long way short of the 300+ Uranus used to have logging on in NC1. Back then there were over a thousand players across the four servers and it made the game so much more fun. If we could have had all of those guys on one server it would have been epic. Fights around the clock, levelling spots full all day long etc.

I would rather see less servers than more currently.

If they are talking about having an EU server why not just have Terra on the EU server as thats where everyone is currently! The americans didnt seem to mind too much in the past with the ping difference!

Mortis
13-09-12, 19:11
cause terra and mars are getting ddos'd, the new server wouldnt be that much vulnerable
so you can play on a server getting ddos'd or actually play on a server.

William Antrim
13-09-12, 19:24
Pardon my ignorance but if account creation is disabled no new people can join the game so it would split an already fragile community down the middle. If they allow new accounts again what is to stop the arseholes from coming back and DDosing the new EU server?

Mortis
13-09-12, 19:34
cause the data connection is much bigger!
and the account creation is just a manner of programming
wtf
nobody reads carefully

Dropout
13-09-12, 19:38
cause the data connection is much bigger!
and the account creation is just a manner of programming
wtf
nobody reads carefully

Wont do shit.. If they cant stop the current DDoS attack, they are still fucked, if the new server is gonna get hit..
Although if they new server is in an up-to-date server enviroment, they should have a chance - but why not just move the servers to that new enviroment then?
I honestly dont see the logic in a new server.. :confused:

Mortis
13-09-12, 19:44
they cant move the old server cause of some lawshit

ReKKeR
13-09-12, 19:50
Just throwing this out there, but what about having a NC1 classic server? I've been reading through these forums and a couple others and often see people mentioning they preferred this or that from NC1 more. I haven't gotten a chance to play NC2 yet, so I can't be a judge, I rage quit years ago after I lost 2 consecutive 5 slot arti'd CS's in Pepper Park.

Only reason I mention this is because the other classic MMORPG I loved is Everquest, and Project 1999 is a player run server that only maintains the classic Everquest version and is quite popular, but like I said I'm only assuming this would have a following based on forum posts I read that preferred classic NC1.

Kanedax
13-09-12, 20:05
I'd be open for any option that makes the game playable. Starting from scratch isn't a big deal, especially if they implemented faster leveling.

William Antrim
13-09-12, 20:05
Probably for the same reason noone wants to start again on a new server Rekker! The countless hours put into the current server chars and all of the rares and apts that everyone has and everything else.

As for the comment about noone reads carefully, believe me mortis i read carefully enough what you typed. The phrase lost in translation comes to mind on this one.

Biglines
13-09-12, 20:08
they cant move the old server cause of some lawshit

I've been in irc all day, speak both german and english, and you're just making this up.

and @rekker, I doubt they even still have an nc1 server, plus while the rose tinted glasses will let people not remember that, it was riddled by just as many cheats, exploits and imbalance as nc2

I agree with william that making a new european server will both split up the community, and will make all the people that used to level in highschool, and now have jobs and lives, never come back to the game, since they would have to re-cap everything.

The only way I would see a new server working is if it's 4 slot, all your chars are transferred with their inventories and a reasonable amount of money. I don't mind losing all my cabinets of rares and pimped out appartments, as long as I have at least my chars outfitted and leveled. This would take care of the economy being fucked, dupers, and still it would allow people who have spend hours leveling, not having to do it all over.

Splitting the community over an existing terra, and a completely wiped server would be the deathstroke of neocron imho. If a new server were the solution, why didn't everyone just go play on mercury back when that was increased to 4 slots, hardly any chars were on there anyway, so no economy problems.

Mortis
13-09-12, 20:11
I've been in irc all day, speak both german and english, and you're just making this up.

i haven't
and all the dupers sure, so i make 10 fresh chars and fill their inv with alle fine stuff they duped, funny

William Antrim
13-09-12, 20:32
Im not understanding your posts mortis.

hatmankh
13-09-12, 21:20
He's saying if we were to have our inventories transferred to a new server, the dupers would just make a bunch of characters and fill their inventories with all the high value, duped stuff they already have before the transfer happens.

I'd love a new EU server, with or without a character transfer. The only reason I stopped playing before the DDoS was the server issues, I don't mind starting fresh. If it means I can actually get a decent ping, I'll happily level my characters again.

William Antrim
13-09-12, 21:26
I thought the dupers had been caught and banned?

hatmankh
13-09-12, 21:44
This is just speculation so I may well be wrong but I believe only people who were actively duping at the time of this increased GM action were caught, I don't know what systems are in place to combat these exploits, if its just a case of someone going through all our inventories, apartment cabinets and gogos, banning any players with obviously duped items, then all dupers who kept their items at this time should of been caught.

I seriously doubt every last one was caught though, if there's an announcement made before a new server starts with character and inventory transfers, this will give people the chance to dupe minutes or hours before the transfer happens and then quickly sell all the items after the transfer to avoid getting caught.

Of course they could just do the transfer without announcing it but that causes problems for all players, you would want your best stuff in your character's inventories before the transfer, I know I don't have all my most valuable stuff on my characters at all times and I'm sure most people don't either.

Nose
13-09-12, 21:57
summary of german thread:
discussion is mainly about pros and cons of the new server and some guys not wanting to leave their home and to loose all the countless hours they put into their terra chars, which is totally understandable.
the other side arguments that a new, fresh server without any duped stuff would have a chance for a new, proper economy again and some lively op fights, crowded levelling areas, rares being rare again, and so on - some real nc experience.

basically the same discussion as here.

just to bring you guys up to date ;)

p.s.: I'd personally love a new fresh server. okay, my old chars from uranus are long gone anyway, so I don't loose anything.
And levelling is very fast at the moment, so a new server coming directly with patch 175 or even 176 would be really great. I'd definitely be there.

William Antrim
13-09-12, 22:02
I wouldnt mind transferring chars like from NC1 to NC2 but I would want advanced warning to prep my chars tbh. I dont want to grind 2 pe's to woc again. If terra dies then I guess my subscription would go with it. I have 3 accounts here.

ReKKeR
13-09-12, 22:03
Duping has been in Neocron from the start, I personally saw it in both closed and open beta and it was pretty rampant right at the end of beta. As much as it's being discussed here now I can only assume it's always been that way, that's 10 years of duping which is crazy to think about.

I just hope they bring back account creation! Or the one I created yesterday to actually work, I'm dying to play again.

Haxxor
13-09-12, 22:06
why don't we put some movement mines next to server so when these guys are doing their DDoS attacks and they cross the red laser..... KaaBOOooooom :)

Although i could be living in the realms of fantasy

ReKKeR
13-09-12, 22:08
I wouldnt mind transferring chars like from NC1 to NC2 but I would want advanced warning to prep my chars tbh. I dont want to grind 2 pe's to woc again. If terra dies then I guess my subscription would go with it. I have 3 accounts here.

If you don't mind informing me, how did the NC1 to NC2 transfer work? Characters only with no items?

William Antrim
13-09-12, 22:13
Character plus 100k cash plus whatever you could carry in QB and armour and imps and thats all. Nothing else in inventory.

Jackie crack
13-09-12, 23:54
I would be happy with a new server, I'v got nothing to loose. come back to game to empty account and because of the server problems im only rank 20 so far. It will be great to see rares being something special again and alot of group pve going on. But ofc once some decent items have been built the duping will start all over again. over time we will be back in same position all over again, unless something can be done about the current ability to make dupe accounts. farming techs, slotties and ultimas. regents will be packed solid with le'd droners,tanks and monks. mc5 will be drone city exploiting safe spots, can bearly remember the days we took a full group to mc5 was hardcore but alot of fun. I think it will be good especially for new comers to have the option to explore and play nc how its supposed to be played rather than given rare handouts like smarties! I excited to see if this acually happens. Definately up for a fresh start, but i would prefer no char transfer to achieve this.

Riddle
14-09-12, 00:00
Character plus 100k cash plus whatever you could carry in QB and armour and imps and thats all. Nothing else in inventory.
no appy keys and they removed epics, so you lost , PPR etc. iirc

Biglines
14-09-12, 00:14

100k is a bit low I think, thats only 80 gr's, or a few days of drugs/ammo, but while not preferred, I guess I could live with that myself. But I think the majority of people I play with would quit, since they actually do have jobs and/or lives (as opposed to me).

Doc Holliday
14-09-12, 03:01
tough decision either way. best option move terra database back to a european server and data connection.

new server means splitting the community as mentioned. wipes are one thing but losing players is a whole other. i dont know where i stand. i would rather keep everyone together and hope that the problems eventually go away. ie there is only so much to gain from continued DDOS attacks. im sure someones gonna get bored.

i will be back later with more.

LiL T
14-09-12, 04:26
im sure someones gonna get bored.

They are obviously using a botnet...

Sywyn
14-09-12, 06:10
New server, why not!
But a complete transfer of characters (or 2 / 3), cash, imps, (full) inventories and quickbelt.

Drevious
14-09-12, 06:59
the economy is fine on terra, some guy tipped me 1 mill for a poke the other day :wtf:

=REMUS=
14-09-12, 08:00
New server, why not!
But a complete transfer of characters (or 2 / 3), cash, imps, (full) inventories and quickbelt.

Fuck that, what would be the point of the server?

William Antrim
14-09-12, 08:16
I'm not starting over. Fuck that. Not with pve the way it is.

Pinoccio
14-09-12, 08:27
IMHO:

Before starting a new server, fix some things like the apu and the ppu and adjust the pve PLZ

=REMUS=
14-09-12, 09:29
I'm not starting over. Fuck that. Not with pve the way it is.

What are you going on about, there's no point in a new server if it doesn't fix the problems created by the hackers.

PVE is fine, the only issue i've heard of is the grim perc.

Jackie crack
14-09-12, 09:47
Grim percy do hit hard but a well specced tank in full god's wish TL40 heal tool and medi's can toe to toe grims.. FACT!

William Antrim
14-09-12, 10:28
I am comparing the PVE now to how it was last time I levelled a toon regularly (not in regants legacy).

Now it is a lot harder, a lot slower and a lot more frustrating than it used to be. Solo levelling in particular is much much tougher. We dont have the 300+ pops of old and so finding cave teams every time i log in is not going to be as easy as it used to be.

I would rather see the old pve where you could level any toon solo and not have to rely on droners to get you EVERYTHING you need.

Ivan Eres
14-09-12, 10:59
People can stay on Terra.

However, the servers belong to Kirk and can't be modified, especially not their location in the canadian data center. So there won't be any change.

Other players want a fresh start, and I also hope there will be a better ping, less lagging, and maybe protection from DDOS. The new server would belong to Z afaik.

Different strokes for different blokes.

=REMUS=
14-09-12, 11:10
I am comparing the PVE now to how it was last time I levelled a toon regularly (not in regants legacy).

Now it is a lot harder, a lot slower and a lot more frustrating than it used to be. Solo levelling in particular is much much tougher. We dont have the 300+ pops of old and so finding cave teams every time i log in is not going to be as easy as it used to be.

I would rather see the old pve where you could level any toon solo and not have to rely on droners to get you EVERYTHING you need.

I've gotten to rank 35 in 2 weeks and in that time i've maybe only played 5 days max, solo. From what I gather thanks to biglines, it's possible to solo regents, however I haven't tried yet but I am eager to.

I can't see why you cant use doom beamer aoe to farm woc tunnels for discs and you've never needed a droner to do MC5?

Jackie crack
14-09-12, 11:57
I dont know what the fuss is about, this game is cake to level. A large number of people playing spys, which if have half a brain you would drone. droners can solo all caves and level very fast for example:

1. el farid - lots of cash and xp (can go on first aoe drone)
2. Mc5 techs both normal and mc5 parts
3. regents - fast xp
4. DOY tunnels - Techs,slotties + ultimas

any class can solo regents to some degree go there preferably with A.O.E but if not stay out the boss room .. easy!

My advice and certainly what i would do if this server does happen is start a spy first, gather nice stock of gear and cash from droning then if you prefer another class as a main you can make your spy a trader to support a different class with the items you have gathered. Run some epic runs, I would start PP for the resister chip and change faction at later date if i needed too.

Can soon be making good money of real value, farm woc disks for example everyones going to need them not all will be able to get them easy for themselves. An experienced droner can get these!

If you cant be bothered to build rare weapons gather unressed and trade with these.

I think it will be good i like leveling chars on mmo's yeh its a pain sometimes but keeps you very occupied and keeps my aspergus mind ticking!

William Antrim
14-09-12, 14:24
I dont know what the fuss is about, this game is cake to level. A large number of people playing spys, which if have half a brain you would drone. droners can solo all caves and level very fast for example:

1. el farid - lots of cash and xp (can go on first aoe drone)
2. Mc5 techs both normal and mc5 parts
3. regents - fast xp
4. DOY tunnels - Techs,slotties + ultimas

any class can solo regents to some degree go there preferably with A.O.E but if not stay out the boss room .. easy!

My advice and certainly what i would do if this server does happen is start a spy first, gather nice stock of gear and cash from droning then if you prefer another class as a main you can make your spy a trader to support a different class with the items you have gathered. Run some epic runs, I would start PP for the resister chip and change faction at later date if i needed too.

Can soon be making good money of real value, farm woc disks for example everyones going to need them not all will be able to get them easy for themselves. An experienced droner can get these!

If you cant be bothered to build rare weapons gather unressed and trade with these.

I think it will be good i like leveling chars on mmo's yeh its a pain sometimes but keeps you very occupied and keeps my aspergus mind ticking!

A few points in reply:

One, I dont want to level another droner. I have 3 accounts with 7 capped Woc chars on them and one set of nooby tradeskillers etc. Two of these chars are PE's.

Two: I dont want to spend the next 5 years of my life playing in Regants. I have acquired these chars over 10 years of my life playing this game on and off.

Three: They let us transfer cash/toons from NC1 to NC2 - I dont know why they wont/cant do that again. It certainly isnt for the subscription money they would make from us re-levelling up.

Four: There was talk of item/cash transfers to NC:Reloaded. A lot of people expressed very mixed opinions on whether or not this was a good idea. If NC:R is to be a new game then fair play but if it is to be Neocron but patched up then I would prefer to keep the chars I have invested all of this time and effort into. If we have a cash/char reset for NC:R then I have spent hours again re-levelling another load of chars. Again this is something I want to avoid.

Five: I have already said that I would be ok with transferring just my char and nothing else on him. I could easily make the money and items back in a few weeks but I do NOT want to have to go through the pain of levelling: 2 monks, 2 pe's, 2 spies and 1 Tank back to Woc just because some arsehole got banned for duping.

Six: I am starting a degree in about 3 weeks time so that on top of a full time job is going to give me maybe an hour or two a week to play pc games in. I do not want to spend that entire time in Regants fucking Legacy.

I have played this game for many years on and off and I feel a certain sense of attachment to my chars and I just dont want to give that all up. My oldest char - my spy and the namesake I use on this forum - is nearly ten years old! People here have kids younger than that!

Remus Woc tunnel/MC5 is pretty much droner only surviving in there currently. There isnt really any other class than can effectively do either. The game as stated in a previous thread is pretty much confined to levelling as droner only. If PVE was like it used to be and everywhere was viable then I would happily start over.

I also want them to remove woc. While that is still around and pretty much a requirement to pvp I think I will go elsewhere for games.

The sole reason I am playing NC currently is because my accounts are still here and my chars are still here. If they were gone then I would be gone too. As much as I love this game I am not gonna see all that time wasted. I would honestly rather just go and play WOW again and get my pvp there or stick with Battlefield 3.

Jackie crack
14-09-12, 14:33
Yes i understand its not for everyone, ofc there will still be terra to play on and most people would proberly prefer to play there still. But for new comers i think this is brilliant people will never experience the real nc like we did back in nc1 without a new server.

Remus Woc tunnel/MC5 is pretty much droner only surviving in there currently. There isnt really any other class than can effectively do either. The game as stated in a previous thread is pretty much confined to levelling as droner only. If PVE was like it used to be and everywhere was viable then I would happily start over.

I disagree with some of this mc5 maybe iv not tried it recently, but we took a 5 man group all the way to level 3 DOY tunnels and its playable. with the right players and gear i think mc5 and woc tunnels will work, just need to try and work together we all got lazy with droning easy mode.

William Antrim
14-09-12, 14:49
Yes i understand its not for everyone, ofc there will still be terra to play on and most people would proberly prefer to play there still. But for new comers i think this is brilliant people will never experience the real nc like we did back in nc1 without a new server.

No different to starting on Terra. Just more capped chars running around.

Edit: P.s i didnt mention Doy tunnels on purpose because I have not been in there in a very long time.

Dropout
14-09-12, 15:02
And splitting up the Little population we currently have, is a horrible idea aswell..

Kanedax
14-09-12, 16:48
WoC isn't a requirement for PvP. The only toon I ever WoC'd was my tank. Used my spy, pe, and monk frequently without WoC, with much success too. The only reason they're WoC now is because Garfield got bored and did it for me (FAT SEX).

Trivaldi
14-09-12, 16:50
Hello,

We appreciate the enthusiasm the community has attacked the recent news of a potential new server, in the aftermath of the recent down time caused by DDoS attacks.

In order to prevent the community running away with itself in terms of assumption, speculation and plain misinformation this thread is now closed. All other none official threads on this topic will also be closed.

Preparation of an official statement is underway, which will hopefully address many of the three things mentioned above. The statement will be launched simultaneously in both supported languages to allow players to raise their concerns, questions and general opinions of it's content. We hope to deliver that statement some time in the next 24 hours.

Until that time, we ask for your patience and understanding. Should you wish to continue speculation, you are welcome to do so in the confines of the Official Neocron IRC Channel.

Thanks for your understanding.
Neocron Support Team

Trivaldi
15-09-12, 15:35
As we value the importance of giving you the most accurate and up-to-date information, we have decided to hold off on making an announcement outlining the changes to our systems, until the processes invovled with getting things back online are accomplished.

As soon as the announcement is made, it will be linked on all available communication outlets so you won't miss it. :)