PDA

View Full Version : Remove Ammo Weight?

William Antrim
13-09-12, 15:30
Remove Ammo weight completely or drastically remove it across the board please!

Psi boosters weigh very little and APUs can carry plenty of them.

Some ammunition types currently have horrendous weight values.

Yes we have a gogu to store our ammo but if we could carry more out in the field it would make everything alot easier in game for levellers who arent recyclers. It would also allow us to carry more guns in PVP and therefore open a bit of variety in the weapons we use to shoot each other.

William Antrim
13-09-12, 15:32
POSTED IN WRONG SECTION!!!!

Sorry mods please can you move this thread to the brainport! I have two windows open as I avoid work here and i thought i was writing this in the brainport!!! sorry.

Dropout
13-09-12, 15:35
Hmm dunno if I can agree on lowering the ammo weight.. Since there is a stat that increase how much you can carry.
My AK spy with holoPA is carrying 3 AKs and enough ammo to last an opfight (most of the time).
My Dissy spy carry 1 Dissy, 2 AKs and plenty ammo for both - he is in regants PA though.
All my tanks are carrying at least 2 weapons and also enough ammo for an entire opfight.

However, I have no idea when it comes to leveling-weapons, and I do think I can remember HC AoE weapon ammo being insanely heavy.

Trivaldi
13-09-12, 15:42
Moved to Brainport.

Biglines
13-09-12, 15:58
while I don't agree with removing ammo weight, I do agree with making it more equal. currently for example ak ammo is much heavier than the equivalent dissy ammo, even when considering things like dps. (also, lore/science wise, energy cells almost always have a higher density than chemical based ammo :p). the only issue becomes whether some weapons take the same amount of ammo, and get more damage per packet of ammo, so that needs to be investigated.

Drachenpaladin
13-09-12, 16:01
Removing the weight of ammo would be a bad. You could endlessly stockpile ammo, no necessary to recycle in the field and such. I think that would make PvE and PvP rather lowbrow.

Hell-demon
13-09-12, 16:07
I think remove implant weight that's for sure. I get over encumbered because I can't move my enforced bones? Bones that are attached to me o_O

Nose
13-09-12, 22:24
why remove ammo weight? it would render recycling useless.

I'd rather have the ammo stack sizes fitted to the actual weapon needs. for example, the raygun cannon ammo stacks are in sizes of 30, while a cannon clip size is 20 shots. so it would make sense to increase the ammo stack size to 40 or lower it to 20.

the rest is fine for me.

Kanedax
14-09-12, 00:27
I could see reducing or at least getting it to make sense but not removing it in its entirety.

Genji
14-09-12, 11:13
It would also allow us to carry more guns in PVP and therefore open a bit of variety in the weapons we use to shoot each other.

My tank had 0 transport and carried 3 weaps, true I couldn't carry a 'lot' of ammo but more then enough to kill any noobs in my way before a quick stop at a gogu. I see no merit in this request. MAYBE a certain few ammo types are a tiny bit heavier then they need to be but not enough that it would alter my gameplay at all if they were lowered.
As for leveling, it's not really in issue to spec a few points into recycle. If you didn't you'd still run out of ammo even if you could carry more...And no weight? lol yea we'd all just run around with 10000000000 of every ammo type in our inv and it might as well just be removed at that point...No, it's fine as it is TBH.

William Antrim
14-09-12, 14:28
For the record I am against removal of ammo weight altogether. I would rather the loads be lightened considerably however on some weapons. However I put in the idea (crazy as it is) to generate some discussion. I think it worked.

scientit/Bamboo
15-09-12, 11:14
To be honest, I like the ammo weight system as it is right now. Although everyone of us knows the problem of running back to the gogu in fight or being lost in a lvl spot cuz no gogu is around, there is a reason for that. You have the basic ability to change both the ability to carry and the ability to create ammo on your own. It is influenced by skillpoints you have to spend to increase it to a desired level. Despite that and as already mentioned above, carrying so much ammo/boosters/etc would lead to endless and non stop fighting and leveling which may look cool on first sight but can be very boring over time.

So imho: don't remove ammo weight, maybe adjust it to closer distances to each others (balance)

Genji
15-09-12, 17:55
For the record I am against removal of ammo weight altogether.

O rly? Well...I must have misunderstood..

Remove Ammo weight completely or drastically remove it across the board please!

I assume the second part "drastically remove it across the board" was ment to say "reduce" but I'm pretty sure the first part was clear.

Whatever...It's a silly idea but you can think/hope for whatever you want, it's no skin off my teeth.

William Antrim
15-09-12, 20:24
yeah i meant reduce, freudian slip.

Thank you for your opinion and contribution.