PDA

View Full Version : Trader: Leveling a conster without fighting

Ivan Eres
09-09-12, 14:11
I think that there is not a good way to level a Conster "peacefully" at the moment.

Today it means to have a droner (that everybody recommends for obvious reasons), or another fighting char, and lom it to a conster later. But I think this is not the way traders want to level. If a player does not want to fight this should be also a possible play style.

In my opinion building stuff and doing missions should provide enough XP to level a conster to near cap, at least for his main skills INT and DEX.

All it would need would be more XP for building stuff and for the HQ missions.

I think the Researcher can be leveled quite good with the missions and ressing stuff, but if I am wrong they should get a second look too.

Bruder Malmsdoo
09-09-12, 15:26
Leveling a Ressearcher is also painfull an boring. I support you suggestion. Also there is no way to level a barter.

Nose
10-09-12, 09:49
Hmm what about this:

If a constructor has 10 bps of a weapon in his construction window and enough ressources, why not let him produce 10 weapons at once, giving him not only 10x the xp but 10x1,05^10 times for example. The production time must increase, too but not proportionally. I'd suggest going the other way here and using for example 10x0,95^10 as a factor. Bot factors with an exponentially reached cap.

This kind of exponentially increasing amount of xp per amount of items built at once makes mass production more interesting for levelling, as it gives a real peaceful alternative.

the numbers above are just quickly made up to show the general idea ...

btw, the same counts for researching. If you pull 10 empty blueprints into the construction window, 10 bps will be researched at once, using more than 10 times the researche substance but also giving more than 10 times the xp in less than 10 times the time.

Drachenpaladin
10-09-12, 16:52
You can level a constructor peacefully with constructor missions.

Biglines
10-09-12, 16:57
yes but it takes years to level like that

Drachenpaladin
10-09-12, 17:02
yes but it takes years to level like that

Well with the money you earn you can buy pre-constered mission objects from a trader of trust...

William Antrim
14-09-12, 10:48
Well with the money you earn you can buy pre-constered mission objects from a trader of trust...

So then someone else has to sit there building the items that take years to build! I would rather build my own and take the xp from it. The problem with levelling as a pure constructor is that it does take years but if you improved the levelling speed dramatically then everyone would level that way and then lom to combat. I levelled my cster with levelling missions in the hq while watching tv mostly. When I had friends online I would convince them to go rhinoing with me. This levelled me pretty well.

I think Vehicle combat needs to work better for tradeskillers personally. They should only need a small amount of skill to use the vehicle (something that they could spec easily without sacrificing anything from their tradeskilling) or give the vehicle chips a MASSIVE boost to their capability and then give vehicles a massive boost to damage and defence.

There is no other way I can see working truthfully.

I do like Nose's idea of mass building though. That would be brilliant. The only problem is if you put like 25 bps in to be constructed and the server synched out..... But seriously batch building is definitely the way forward. I would use this all the time. Mass producing weapons and items would be so much better. It would be nice to break even almost on the prices too when I am selling my constructs back to the traders.

Drachenpaladin
14-09-12, 11:59
So then someone else has to sit there building the items that take years to build! I would rather build my own and take the xp from it. The problem with levelling as a pure constructor is that it does take years but if you improved the levelling speed dramatically then everyone would level that way and then lom to combat. I levelled my cster with levelling missions in the hq while watching tv mostly. When I had friends online I would convince them to go rhinoing with me. This levelled me pretty well.

I think Vehicle combat needs to work better for tradeskillers personally. They should only need a small amount of skill to use the vehicle (something that they could spec easily without sacrificing anything from their tradeskilling) or give the vehicle chips a MASSIVE boost to their capability and then give vehicles a massive boost to damage and defence.

There is no other way I can see working truthfully.

I do like Nose's idea of mass building though. That would be brilliant. The only problem is if you put like 25 bps in to be constructed and the server synched out..... But seriously batch building is definitely the way forward. I would use this all the time. Mass producing weapons and items would be so much better. It would be nice to break even almost on the prices too when I am selling my constructs back to the traders.

Thats where the wheat gets seperated from the chaff. :p

In know at least one wicked researcher who made it this way to the top of the server.
But i guess increasing the XP gain for those missions wouldn't be that bad.

I always wondered if a simple mini game like the hack-game could spice crafting up... so that at least its not so boring^^

Ivan Eres
27-09-12, 22:12
Thats where the wheat gets seperated from the chaff. :p

In know at least one wicked researcher who made it this way to the top of the server.
But i guess increasing the XP gain for those missions wouldn't be that bad.

Or make them faster. Today I leveld a resser and a conster with missions.

The amount of time that the conster needs to build one mission item is enough for the resser to do 5 to 6 BP.

The conster can also fail and destroy the bp so that the time is wasted. If the resser fails it does not have heavy consequences because he can do another BP.

It would be nice if the conster missions would be 2x faster, or give double XP.

Drachenpaladin
27-09-12, 22:26
Or make them faster. Today I leveld a resser and a conster with missions.

[..]

It would be nice if the conster missions would be 2x faster, or give double XP.

Nothing to say against that.