PDA

View Full Version : Apu

Kallima
09-09-12, 05:01
Sigh just reinstalled this game again because im ridiculous. I really REALLY want an APU but last i checked they werent viable at all. has this changed?

flib
09-09-12, 05:33
I'll let Biglines go first.

Biglines
09-09-12, 13:36
I'll let Biglines go first.

:D thank you flib :p

It really depends on your playstyle. In the current patch, if you spec for speed, apu's can be viable in duels. A top apu player will be able to beat most tanks and spies, but it will be more difficult than doing it with a tank or a spy. They move quite differently though (making use of cover, being able to break contact for a while) so an apu is viable in duels, and it's possible to use them in opfights as well, they just die way too easily in opfights when they get focussed.

My favorite class in this patch is the apu, because he's difficult to play, people don't expect you to beat them, and it's a lot less boring than a standard dissy/ak spy. If you don't handle defeat well, an apu is not very viable however, because you will die fast to some weapons and special players.

He isn't as overpowered as he used to be, but he isn't as useless as most people make him out to be either. it's the most fun class to play at the moment imho, but you need to be able to handle lots of deaths.

William Antrim
09-09-12, 16:51
What's really crazy is, if you swapped the APU and spy parts around in this post I would swear this was nc 8 years ago. :)

Powerpunsh
09-09-12, 17:46

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg?1307463786

:D:D

Biglines
09-09-12, 18:27
so because you can't handle an apu u feel the need to insult me? :S

Dropout
09-09-12, 22:02
so because you can't handle an apu u feel the need to insult me? :S

Nah.. Its just because some people cant handle how the class isnt overpowered as hell anymore..

Chuck Norris
09-09-12, 22:17
they are worthless and unless you have dmg hacks you wont be beating anyone who is not afk..... their reticule has to spin down for max dmg otherwise its like half the dmg!!!

wet paper bag come to mind in survivability department, I'd only lvl one sneakily/unfairly to lom to ppu....

Dropout
09-09-12, 22:33
they are worthless and unless you have dmg hacks you wont be beating anyone who is not afk..... their reticule has to spin down for max dmg otherwise its like half the dmg!!!

Yes, the reticle gotta be close, like with every other weapons (exept for melee IIRC).
With most other weapons you wont even hit, if the reticle isnt closed...

Im not saying that APU's doesnt need a boost, but they only need a small boost! An increase in attack speed like so many others have said, would be very nice.
However I kinda fear how APU's will do with the anticlipping patch.. Since thats the APU's biggest force - they can hit clippers like no others..

Dark-Destroy
10-09-12, 11:14
Yes, the reticle gotta be close, like with every other weapons (exept for melee IIRC).
With most other weapons you wont even hit, if the reticle isnt closed...

Sorry but, this doesn't figure to the history of NC. Read the history in the manuel, the year 2523 and u know, that
they doesn't need reticle ;)