PDA

View Full Version : Drone love.

LiL T
04-09-12, 20:46
Drones need some love and tender care...

I propose some changes.

Drones do not get that annoying drug flash when hit, it never made any sense...

Drones get more ammo or unlimited ammo with a reload time, perhaps the droner can load it with ammo him/her self.

Healing the drone should not take away from the ammo pool and the drone should be able to continue firing while healing.

heal strength be greatly reduced

new logistic drones added, they heal other drones, like a ppu heals other players, they provide necessary support for offensive droners, the link is made to the other drones within its range.

In doing this you will make drones a very viable weapon, a weapon that people can choose to use on the battle field but will take at least 3 - droners to acheve the perfect team.

Ok so general out line wrote out.

I think they should make droners more offesive or defensive based, that means people need to spec for either offensive or defensive like we have with the monks, but that should effectly make drones much better.

LiL T
04-09-12, 21:03
Currently drones are the number one choice for any SPY or PE wishing to level to WOC, that is because drones allow us to access certan leveling areas we should not really be able to do solo.

So it got me thinking hard, it made me think about what would happen if they patched and certain issues were fixed, it would certainly reduce the number of droners, no more easy leveling.. So I thought surely they have to rework drones because if they're broken, totally broken, which is how i came to the idea of support drones,

Honestly one of the annoying things about drones is having to relaunch a new drone and fly to the area of combat, and they have always overpowered them to compenstate which is stupid... Instead think outside the box, can drones be repaired in air by other players, can they literally become a mobile libby PE etc?

Ivan Eres
09-09-12, 17:03
Currently drones are the number one choice for any SPY or PE wishing to level to WOC, that is because drones allow us to access certan leveling areas we should not really be able to do solo.[...]

If Drones are the fastest and easiest way to level for a Spy and a PE then something is wrong with their balance in general, in my opinion.

slith
09-09-12, 22:04
If Drones are the fastest and easiest way to level for a Spy and a PE then something is wrong with their balance in general, in my opinion.It's the other way around.

Dropout
09-09-12, 22:09
No, no and no.. And probably another few No's..
Drones are overpowered as hell already.
And honestly, Im just glad that theres not more people using them in pvp as there already is..
One thing that would be good to change about drones though, is there Health.. They have WAY too much Health as it is. After they have been nerfed to about 25% Health of what they currently have, some of those changes that you mention probably would be pretty fair...

Chuck Norris
09-09-12, 22:21
They dont have unlimited ammo ? ;D jk

Ivan Eres
11-09-12, 16:28
No, no and no.. And probably another few No's..
Drones are overpowered as hell already.
And honestly, Im just glad that theres not more people using them in pvp as there already is..
One thing that would be good to change about drones though, is there Health.. They have WAY too much Health as it is. After they have been nerfed to about 25% Health of what they currently have, some of those changes that you mention probably would be pretty fair...

I second that, drones are way too powerful at the moment.

1.) Drones make the leveling too easy for PEs and Spies.
2.) Drones are being used for WOCing extensively by these classes.
3.) Safe spotting is being done with drones most of the times.

25% health for drones sounds good to me. This would make leveling with drones on par with other weapon types.

The ammo bug needs to be fixed too, where a certain combination of clicks enables unlimited ammo. However, I don't know exactly how that bug works and it belongs in the bug section anyway.

cheers

BlueRobot
23-09-12, 16:42
The new server has been running for a few days now and here's what i observed: In every high level cave/dungeon I entered there where 1-5 droners as low as skill ranks smaller than 20.

A few friends and I started fresh with the intention to play completely legit, and had a lot of fun although we always were low on money and couldn t afford stuff with good stats or even armor. Now that we're high enough to go into caves it just sucks to see everyone else still seems to make insane amounts of xp and money with the drones exploit.

If this won t be fixed the economy will be fucked over in 1 month again and people will stop caring about fairplay and then in 2 months there will be 5% again on at primetime...

PS(rage): Not a single one of the droners used his drone legit, the fences at the crp cave are just ironic to see when there are 5 drones in there at the same time and relogging in the bossroom to farm techparts fast, and fraps won t let me record anymore bc my 2TB harddisc is full of those videos already.