PDA

View Full Version : Question to the Volunteer Team

MadMeleeFreak
04-09-12, 19:36
Hey there,

I'm not yet back at regularly playing NC (tied up in a DayZ Squad and closed beta testing some other games [NDA's forbid me to speak about] and last of all the high ping/jitter). Yes I know: shame on me.

Anyhow I thought about how else I could help your cause except of being an actively playing member again. And a thought crossed my mind. The thing people new to this game, will most likely find the most strange is the severe absence of Quests (I mean beside the Epic Runs, Mr. Jones Missions and WoC Runs). I know most of us old farts like it exactly that way. But I fear the new kids on the block might have a hard time to adapt without NPCs telling them where to go and what to do ;-).

So here's my actual questions:

Given I (and maybe others?) adhere to a certain format, would you be able and willing to get Quests written by the community into the game?

Given you answer the first question with an enthusiastic YES, what exactly are NPCs capable of? I mean some things I know: They can add items/money to your inventory, they can change your XP/faction, they can spawn other NPCs. But can they for instance call for a runner in direct chat upon having a LOS? Or even actively approach runners?