PDA

View Full Version : A question

hatmankh
04-09-12, 12:52
I recently installed Neocron again, it was my first time playing on the Canadian server, living in the UK, I knew to expect higher ping than I was used to. However, I didn't know there was also frequent lagspikes, I experienced ping rises from 230-2000 at least once every half hour, sometimes more often than that. I found it too frustrating to try and level a character, only to die every time there was a lagspike, or lose my drone when I tried droning. (The drone would automatically drop as if I had pressed escape whenever there was a lagspike.) So I've decided to stop playing until the servers are fixed or moved so that there aren't lagspikes anymore.

This thread isn't intended to whine about the lagspikes or the server move, I know we are very lucky to even have Neocron still running and I am very grateful that our love of the game and desire to see it continue was not ignored. :)

Finally onto the question for which I made this thread. Will there be an announcement made if and when the lagspike issue is resolved? I'm going to continue checking the forums regularly and I eagerly await a fix, if one is planned.

Disclaimer: This is not a leaving thread, I haven't left Neocron, its still installed on my pc and will stay like that. I intend to continue playing as soon as the above mentioned problem no longer exists.

nEo-1664
04-09-12, 13:07
To take details from another post:

them lag spikes are the same for all users, despite of their location.
they are tied to the (excuse me) c r a p hosting provided by the canadian datacenter.
They've been a great help to keep NC afloat during the hard times and I am certainly thankful for the support,
but we are definitly working on better options (tba when its done™).

I'm sure they will annouce something if they resolve the ping issues :)

Mokoi
04-09-12, 13:32
Hello hatmankh,

first of all, welcome back to the game and the community.
The issue you raise is of great concern to us and we fully understand the negative impact this has on the overall gaming experience.
While I cannot share any details on then when/what and how at this time, be assured that we are actively preparing a move that addresses this.
We are looking forward to this just as much as anyone else in the community.

For the latest updates on Neocron, you can always follow us on Twitter or Facebook.

All the best,
-M

Dropout
04-09-12, 16:07
Considering that I always get accused of hacking (so I use my spies instead), I would appreciate that the ping issue gets fixed..
Those kinda lag spikes are deadly for when you need your stealthtool.. :p

Dropout
04-09-12, 21:04
Considering that I always get accused of hacking (so I use my spies instead), I would appreciate that the ping issue gets fixed..
Those kinda lag spikes are deadly for when you need your stealthtool.. :p

Accused of hacking on my Tank.. Sorry, was in a hurry.

Arzon
04-09-12, 21:23
talking about sandwich making, if even accusations toward yourself about such events is not allowed on the forums walker

Dropout
04-09-12, 21:36
talking about sandwich making, if even accusations toward yourself about such events is not allowed on the forums walker

Aww so I cant even laugh at people when they accuse myself?
Uh well.. Mod feel free to remove my last 2 posts.

Mokoi
04-09-12, 21:41
you know the rules - please stick to them.
question answered, thread closed.