PDA

View Full Version : Secret Runner Contest

Danae
03-09-12, 18:10
Have you ever heard of a "Secret Shopper"? Yes? Well, how about a "Secret Runner"?...actually a few...I know you're probably thinking "Nae? Crack Pipe? Put it down!" and I'd say, "Pfft, I'm high on life, mang!" Then I would instruct you listen up! This is a contest for EVERYONE who PLAYS Neocron; No special talents required, no creativity, just the ability to be community minded and helpful!

What am I on about? There will be secret runners in game, leveling noob characters, and you may or may not come across them in your daily play; You won't know! We will! Your chance to win hinges wholly on your ability to be kind, helpful, patient, very community oriented, and answer questions about how to get started in the game; where to level, what to explore, maybe even some background lore.

Our secret runners will take screen shots, maybe even video showing "the kindness of strangers" to support the claims of who were the nicest, most helpful community members they chanced to meet whilst leveling.

Our secret runners will only reveal themselves at the end of the contest period. We won't tell you when it starts, but we will tell you when it stops :)

The prizes are unique too! The winners gets a public apartment of their chosing, designed with their preferences in mind and 1 NPC of their choice with a script they get to write! AND, in order to keep our community kindness theme going winners will also get to nominate one new player to win a goodie bag of level-appropriate prizes! How fracking awesome is that? :D

This is just one way we are celebrating 10 years of Neocron with our super, awesome community <3 It's also a great way for us to take a fresh look at Neocron from a new player's perspective and document our experience, which will be a great asset to further development.

Chuck Norris
03-09-12, 19:13
Have you ever heard of a "Secret Shopper"? Yes? Well, how about a "Secret Runner"?...actually a few...I know you're probably thinking "Nae? Crack Pipe? Put it down!" and I'd say, "Pfft, I'm high on life, mang!" Then I would instruct you listen up! This is a contest for EVERYONE who PLAYS Neocron; No special talents required, no creativity, just the ability to be community minded and helpful!

What am I on about? There will be secret runners in game, leveling noob characters, and you may or may not come across them in your daily play; You won't know! We will! Your chance to win hinges wholly on your ability to be kind, helpful, patient, very community oriented, and answer questions about how to get started in the game; where to level, what to explore, maybe even some background lore.

Our secret runners will take screen shots, maybe even video showing "the kindness of strangers" to support the claims of who were the nicest, most helpful community members they chanced to meet whilst leveling.

Our secret runners will only reveal themselves at the end of the contest period. We won't tell you when it starts, but we will tell you when it stops :)

The prizes are unique too! The winners gets a public apartment of their chosing, designed with their preferences in mind and 1 NPC of their choice with a script they get to write! AND, in order to keep our community kindness theme going winners will also get to nominate one new player to win a goodie bag of level-appropriate prizes! How fracking awesome is that? :D

This is just one way we are celebrating 10 years of Neocron with our super, awesome community <3 It's also a great way for us to take a fresh look at Neocron from a new player's perspective and document our experience, which will be a great asset to further development.

Wow this rocks, I know most players just want to PK people, but some of us actually like to help! I know people shouldnt have to be given incentive's to help people but thanks for doing this all the same!

james_finn
03-09-12, 19:14
Love the contest 'Nae (still think it should be the person with the most wiki edits.... :p ), gives a real reason to get back in game and help some noobs!

Biglines
03-09-12, 19:30
nice contest, though I would think some people would like a memorial of being the biggest ass in game too ;)

WuTangClan
03-09-12, 19:50

cool story bro

William Antrim
03-09-12, 20:25
Ok im gonna get on nc more. I like this. I have helped noobs for years so to finally get some recognition for it would be epic!

Ivan Eres
03-09-12, 21:28
Best.Idea.Ever.

You rock, Danae!

Descent
03-09-12, 23:58
what happens if you just kill 'em?

Danae
04-09-12, 00:06
You into tough love? 50 shades of Descent? :P

Omnituens
04-09-12, 00:35
I still think you should put down the crack pipe, nae.

Hoder
04-09-12, 00:51
what happens if you just kill 'em?Would be kinda difficult with the LawEnforcer. If they are mad enough to remove them, then the usual in game consequences apply, such as soullight loss.

Excessive griefing or abuse, on the other hand, will be dealt with as per our usual disciplinary procedures.

dodgefahrer
04-09-12, 02:41
Nice idea !!!!!!! Lets celebrate the anniversary even more !!

slith
04-09-12, 05:33
The hunt has started :)

Doc Holliday
04-09-12, 06:51
whom ever takes on the role of secret runner i deplore you one wish. for fun. Show us some of a gallery/video compilation of the Hall of shame. There are bound to be some idiots who will pk people and be abusive because thats how they are wired up genetically. to see a list of the things said or done would be pretty hilarious.

Yes im aware it could be classed as griefing or harrassment which would be considered not cool but even with the runners consent and perhaps the names removed from screenies or something. maybe its just me who likes to see the darker side of humanity from time time but it sure as hell reasserts my faith in myself. ;) might come back and play a while if i can find my 2nd account details. it wasnt me that set it up or has ownership of it but i will have a word to the person who knows.

Britney
06-10-12, 17:36
Hey uh hows this thing going, will it be on Titan now or cancelled?

Haxxor
06-10-12, 17:48
This is going to be epic but for different reasons to the ones stated above :lol:

Model192
07-10-12, 07:17
I've accepted that I'll never win this. I'm still going to kill everyone I can.

Strife
07-10-12, 19:46
Yeah. Model192 lost this contest 5 seconds after it started im sure.

LiL T
07-10-12, 23:20
At least some people are honest, but I expect a lot of fags that never are really nice will try and win, its sad really, I'm actually always nice to noobs, and I hate people spamming in help chat, their useless retarded smack talk, perhaps the GM's should fucking get a grip of that first...

I won't be trying to win, I'd expect my behaviour towards noobs and other players in general is more than enough, I gave serveral fire mobs with parts to a person just yesterday at grant mine and poked them when ever they died to save them the trouble of GRing to plaza and having to tip. Some other douche bag not naming them, was pissed they were in the same zone because they want all the mobs to them self, and kept trying to disrupt them from doing so by standing in front of them and firing their plasma cannon at them, twat, and when I'm capped and I see their names man I'm gonna spank them hard.

But yeah I see all the time, some noob just dying for an answer to some question on help chat and you have these dicks ignoring them and continuing their smack with each other, oh and god forbid someone talks in german on a german made game... ugh...

Faid
08-10-12, 16:36
I just think it's funny that you think you're so nice yet you constantly insult the NC community. In that post alone you called people Fags, useless retards, douche bags, twats, and dicks. And you don't see the annoyance with public chat filled with a language that not everyone can understand, even though the official language of the international server is English.

That was classic :lol: <3

flib
08-10-12, 17:15
I just think it's funny that you think you're so nice yet you constantly insult the NC community. In that post alone you called people Fags, useless retards, douche bags, twats, and dicks. And you don't see the annoyance with public chat filled with a language that not everyone can understand, even though the official language of the international server is English.

Careful, Faid. This guy doesn't suffer abuse lightly!

nabbl
08-10-12, 18:19
And you don't see the annoyance with public chat filled with a language that not everyone can understand, even though the official language of the international server is English.

You missed something there. Support language is English. But you can talk whatever language you prefer in the game channels...

LiL T
08-10-12, 18:58

I'm only nice to those that deserve it, people telling other people to speak English are what I consider useless narrow minded retards, douche bags, twats and dicks...

/edit, international server, oh? I thought it was a European server, my bad...

Even if it was an international server that tends to include every language that is spoken in the whole world, and last time I checked English was not the most spoken language.

You're narrow minded and arrogant, learn a little basic German and French, its not that hard to learn to read it...

Faid
08-10-12, 19:49
You missed something there. Support language is English. But you can talk whatever language you prefer in the game channels...

I didnt miss anything here, I know the support language is English, I said it can be annoying when people are flooding public chat with any language that is not commonly understood to the community as a whole. Anyone remember the Russian guys doing this on Terra. I certainly didn't say speaking a different language wasn't allowed.

@Lil T

You're narrow minded and arrogant, learn a little basic German and French, its not that hard to learn to read it...]

Now I'm narrow minded & Arrogant? I do know a little basic German not so much French though.

Mars & Mercury were German servers where the official language was German. Terra was an international server where the official language was English. Titan is an international server where the official language is English.

The language spoken on a server has nothing to do with what is the most commonly spoken language in the whole wide world, if it did the official language of Titan would be Chinese with English coming in second. I don't care what language you speak in Titan, you're free to do what you want, i never said otherwise, I said it can be annoying at times thats all.

I honestly meant no offense, I just thought the irony of your post was awesome :lol:

Dropout
08-10-12, 23:33
Dont Waste your time on Lil T, Faid.

Danae
08-10-12, 23:56
Why are you tits bitching at each other in my thread? ^^ The contest continues, it has been lengthened due to the server issues, the titan addition, etc. Again the length is not announced, and it will be over when I say it's over :D Try to love your fellow Neocronians!

Doc Holliday
09-10-12, 06:34
The language spoken on a server has nothing to do with what is the most commonly spoken language in the whole wide world, if it did the official language of Titan would be Chinese with English coming in second.

see faid you ARE narrow minded. Its not Chinese its Mandarin. Cantonese is the language spoken in Hong Kong and surrounding areas. :)

yavimaya
09-10-12, 08:12
Sorry Nae, Lil-T is right, atleast i agree with him and his attitude.

Doc Holliday
09-10-12, 10:16
me too. at least some of the points he makes are relevant. how he does it well. Its lil T, what do you expect ;)

Seriously T calm down a little before you go off on someone to harshly. Like i said you have some valid points though. i agree there are some assholes in this game.

My biggest gripe about it all is the players who think Help channel is their own personal chat channel. Thats what OOC is for. Help should be for new runners and people whos memory is shot to shit (like me) and need to check where something is and so ask questions.

Linear
10-10-12, 10:10
I'd like to remember that there was an official permission to use whatever language you want, just to be channel-related, that's for "Russians" issues. We (russian community) are always following those rules, except some special guys, but they do exist in any community. If you got annoyed by all these "vsem privet! 4to ka4at u tanka v int?" etc., then give us a separate "Russian" channel and/or cyrillic support. We do respect all non-russian players and don't mind they are using enghlish, or german, or spanish, or whatever other language, and like to ask other players not to be nationalistic bitches with all these "Enghlish only in Help".

LiL T
10-10-12, 14:44
I'd like to remember that there was an official permission to use whatever language you want, just to be channel-related, that's for "Russians" issues. We (russian community) are always following those rules, except some special guys, but they do exist in any community. If you got annoyed by all these "vsem privet! 4to ka4at u tanka v int?" etc., then give us a separate "Russian" channel and/or cyrillic support. We do respect all non-russian players and don't mind they are using enghlish, or german, or spanish, or whatever other language, and like to ask other players not to be nationalistic bitches with all these "Enghlish only in Help".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT7GF8Tz6vI

I love you Russian crazy asses :lol:

I'd rather have a server full of people speaking other languages than a dead server with no players because of a hateful community.

Oh, and sorry I lose a lot of patience with stupid people bitching over the same shit as I age.

Cursed Shadow
02-09-13, 14:02
Nae, Is this still running?

SilentEye
02-09-13, 14:10
Ouch, this is very old Cursed :)

Cursed Shadow
02-09-13, 14:13
Ouch, this is very old Cursed :)

Indeed, but it was never announced as closed.

aKe`cj
02-09-13, 14:48
I hope this does not count a political reference *cough*, but knowing where nae lives I would assume that the secret winner of this secret runner contest was already announced by a secret court in a secret meeting. :p

Nidhogg
02-09-13, 19:37
I hope this does not count a political reference *cough*, but knowing where nae lives I would assume that the secret winner of this secret runner contest was already announced by a secret court in a secret meeting. :p

I'm afraid that's classified.

Cursed Shadow
03-09-13, 10:37
I'm afraid that's classified.

So should this thread be closed? :P

Nidhogg
03-09-13, 10:56
So should this thread be closed? :P

That information's on a need to know basis.